Clippers Vs. Spurs 11-07-12 Official Game Thread (P. 6)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
d20
Clipper 6th Man
 Avatar
Posts: 145
votes: 0

Lob city tonight. God damn....... cant wait for the rest of this season Very Happy

ArtClip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 286
votes: 4

Yes we did. 8)

ClippersRise
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 224

calif.gif
votes: 1

Noo fire VDN rants today Smile

MKG
Clipper Starter
Posts: 300
votes: 0

FIRE VINNY!!!!! Oh wait....

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

LOBCITY!

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

I hope we can do it, Let's remember that we started the 2 game skid in a game that was part of a night-to-night!

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5988
votes: 10

Oh thank god Bledsoe seems ok. Scary.

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

Haha you know Eric didnt get hurt. He got emebarrased because he turned the ball over. Its ok i still love you haha

Battlegun
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1208
Location: California
votes: 5

Steet move by Crawford.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

Spurs pathetically trying to cut this lead quick so it isn't as embarrassing.

MKG
Clipper Starter
Posts: 300
votes: 0

haha crawford with the nutmeg

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5988
votes: 10

Lol every team does that.

Clipperfan9
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1466
votes: 1

nice win!! Keep this going and we'll go 80-2 for the season Razz

MKG
Clipper Starter
Posts: 300
votes: 0

Play to the end man, no matter what. Not trying to save any embarrassment.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5988
votes: 10

If we could play like this every night it would be possible!

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

MKG... just felt like they were uncharacteristically trying to run break and bomb 3's. I agree though most teams do it.

season.tix.holder
Clipper Starter
Posts: 291
Location: Inglewood
votes: 3

Am I the only one who think DJ deserves more minutes, similar to tonight, at about 30 per game? He's the closest thing we have to a true center, and I feel like despite mistakes here and there he is typically productive.

Granted, I may be biased because I have a vested interest (fantasy), but I think tonight is a preview of what he CAN do given the opportunity. I'm not suggesting he's a 20-10 guy every night, but I do think he can be more productive with more minutes.

Give him a chance, Vinny! At least for the sake of my fantasy team lol I'm kidding about the my fantasy team thing. Kind of....

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

Good game from our Frontcourt. Only if they can perform like this every night, we'll go 80-2 .

DeadPoet
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 237
Location: Muelheim Germany
gm.gif
votes: 1

Nope, Teams like Detroit and Washington will destroy us with 40 TO! Razz

gman
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2375

es.gif
votes: 5

gman wrote:
-GeoffClankinsDaddy- wrote:
fun fact

jamal crawford 24 ppg of the bench

lakers bench 19.8 ppg

ha...

here is another fun fact.

Clippers are 2 and 0 when wife is not home

Clippers are 0 and 2 when wife at home.

Go figure that one. i know season is young. still just a sample size

Well there you have it. Wife not home and clippers win. 3 and 0 baby!

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

to be honest DJ doesnt need to score. Its always good if he can score in the post, but on offense we dont really need him except ofcourse he has to knock down his FTs. All we need from him is to rebound and Defend the paint

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4852
votes: 37

woohoo!!! We played so hard tonight on both ends of the court and look what happened! Such an awesome and fun game to watch Clipper Nation

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

I guess no trade DJ and fire Vinny rants tonight! Good game lob city

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4852
votes: 37

that Crawford thru the legs move was straight off the and1 courts

jaydmmanny1331
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 191
votes: 0

Great game

season.tix.holder
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 291
Location: Inglewood
votes: 3

FreaKeyy wrote:
season.tix.holder wrote:
Am I the only one who think DJ deserves more minutes, similar to tonight, at about 30 per game? He's the closest thing we have to a true center, and I feel like despite mistakes here and there he is typically productive.

Granted, I may be biased because I have a vested interest (fantasy), but I think tonight is a preview of what he CAN do given the opportunity. I'm not suggesting he's a 20-10 guy every night, but I do think he can be more productive with more minutes.

Give him a chance, Vinny! At least for the sake of my fantasy team lol I'm kidding about the my fantasy team thing. Kind of....

to be honest DJ doesnt need to score. Its always good if he can score in the post, but on offense we dont really need him except ofcourse he has to knock down his FTs. All we need from him is to rebound and Defend the paint

I agree, I don't think he needs to score. I think he's capable of scoring a respectable amount (10-12 PPG) from put-backs and alley oops, though. Those alone would make him productive offensively. Defensively, when given minutes he typically blocks at least two shots and grabs about 8-10 boards.

I'm not saying he's great, but as a $44M investment, the Clippers need to give him a real chance to earn that salary. I just don't think 20-22 min per game will give him that chance. I think he deserves more, in the 27-30 range.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Proud to say we handed the Spurs their first loss. But our 3pt. Defense is still suspect. Spurs made 8 of them. They had 23 attempts. The number of attempt alone is was too many.

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5129
votes: 29

Now THIS is more like it. Defense so good, Pop had to bench his 2 best players. lol.

A lot of criticism toward BG here, but he looks in pain to me. Maybe the neck thing more than the elbow. But he persevered and DJ was fantastic. Oh, and nobody on the Spurs shot the lights out.

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

season.tix.holder wrote:
FreaKeyy wrote:
season.tix.holder wrote:
Am I the only one who think DJ deserves more minutes, similar to tonight, at about 30 per game? He's the closest thing we have to a true center, and I feel like despite mistakes here and there he is typically productive.

Granted, I may be biased because I have a vested interest (fantasy), but I think tonight is a preview of what he CAN do given the opportunity. I'm not suggesting he's a 20-10 guy every night, but I do think he can be more productive with more minutes.

Give him a chance, Vinny! At least for the sake of my fantasy team lol I'm kidding about the my fantasy team thing. Kind of....

to be honest DJ doesnt need to score. Its always good if he can score in the post, but on offense we dont really need him except ofcourse he has to knock down his FTs. All we need from him is to rebound and Defend the paint

I agree, I don't think he needs to score. I think he's capable of scoring a respectable amount (10-12 PPG) from put-backs and alley oops, though. Those alone would make him productive offensively. Defensively, when given minutes he typically blocks at least two shots and grabs about 8-10 boards.

I'm not saying he's great, but as a $44M investment, the Clippers need to give him a real chance to earn that salary. I just don't think 20-22 min per game will give him that chance. I think he deserves more, in the 27-30 range.

he's getting those minutse because he can shoot FTs. Well atleast that was the case last year

FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1997
Location: LA
votes: 16

^i meant can't

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2116
votes: 19

Our defense tonight was simply amazing. Great win CLIPPERNATION!!!!

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

I think he has managed to put the ball in the hoop without getting fouled, which is awesome, except for some and ones, I'm glad he's not getting hacked like crazy, most of his offense was scrappy, steal dunk, get in position for board dunk, alley dunk! And the 1 thing that keeps popping up that made him play awesome today was POSITIONING! If he can keep doing that, than he is gonna be our defensive MONSTER!

DeadPoet
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 237
Location: Muelheim Germany
gm.gif
votes: 1

Duncan with 10 and Parker with 4 points, wow! Razz

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

LOL at DJ just saying Chauncey chewed the team out and got them going.

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

COrrect me if I'm wrong but wasn't Duncan's last shot the one that just got blocked by DJ out of the house, and than he went to dunk it home off an alley oop, right?

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

great win for the clips. this is how we have to play the rest of the season. our team is too deep not to be able to give this kind of effort every game. DJ, BG and EBled carried us tonight. ebled was sick. everyone contributed. when the clips play like this, its not hard to see that we can contend. hope they keep it up

Keatonsays
Clipper Starter
Posts: 888

calif.gif
votes: 6

Dj has to stay out of foul trouble for one if he's going to get more minutes. Also he needs to do a better job of rebounding on a consistent basis.

Not trying to block every single shot will help him do both of those things, but at the same time, you want him to have that defensive intensity and let teams know that they're not going to have their way with us in the paint.

It's sort of a catch 22 with DJ, but I really liked what we saw from him tonight. It's become obvious this season that he does have the ability to score, he just needs to learn to do a better job of taking care of the ball when he gets it down low.

I can't wait to see him and Blake get some Olajuwon training, especially DJ for defensive purposes. Just imagine them then.

ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1820
votes: 12

Well 86, ClipperSam, cp3best and other fans who doesn't have much on faith on this team. Well there you go, a well defined game right there. Credit to everyone and VDN.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

Clips it's not about faith really. I needed to see some substance. I've been arguing for months how elite this team is and those last two losses where no heart, no effort and no hustle were shown it made me question just how bad this team truly cares or wants to win. I'll always have faith in their talent and potential. It's more do I have faith that when everything is on the line they will step up. Do I have faith that Vinny will make the right subs or call the right plays?

ClipperSam
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2382
votes: 14

Awesome game. This what we have been waiting for great job clips. I am ecstatic. I am riding on cloud 9. Hopefully the clips can gain some confidence and continue to play this way. DJ said Billups gave the team some tough advice. Great job Billups what a pro. Just maybe these clips have a chance. Lets see what they do tommorow. Great job Clips.

ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1820
votes: 12

It all start with Billups motivational speech at ESPN believing us that we will go far.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

i agree. when you been a fan like myself through thick and mostly thin for the past 21 years, 2 losses in a row arent so bad. did those losses piss me off. they did. because like 86 said, they lost due to lack of trying for the first 3 quarters. but im hoping this effort is for the long run. no more taking opponents lightly.

david
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 8493
votes: 42

That was a really terrific game defensively and rebounding-wise for the Clippers. It looked like the game plan was to not allow any open 3's and make the Spurs drive, and it worked beautifully. Guys consistently made full-on effort closing out to the open shooter to make him drive, but yet not allowing another open 3 to result from the drive. And the rebounding was just so much better- great focus and energy going after the ball after misses. All that improved D and rebounding fueled the offense, and that's how we were able to pull away for good from the Spurs.

DJ had by far his best game of the season- just one turnover, 4 blocks and 11 boards + 20 points. He was very sharp tonight. Kudos to his teammates for finding him too inside. Hopefully DJ will keep up the same focus on a more consistent basis. Blake- a very good game as well. Played solid defense, rebounded well and made some nice moves around the hoop. Bledsoe was very good once again- really superb defense vs Tony Parker and whomever he guarded. Barnes had by far his best game thus far also. Willie Green played well too. Pretty much everyone did a good job, except... Lamar Odom. It will probably take few weeks or so before he can start consistently making a positive impact.

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

Let's not drop a bomb shell by losing tomorrow to the easy blazers! GO CLIPS! ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT!

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11295
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

Called it lmao

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
ClipsGForce wrote:
Well 86, ClipperSam, cp3best and other fans who doesn't have much on faith on this team. Well there you go, a well defined game right there. Credit to everyone and VDN.

i agree. when you been a fan like myself through thick and mostly thin for the past 21 years, 2 losses in a row arent so bad. did those losses piss me off. they did. because like 86 said, they lost due to lack of trying for the first 3 quarters. but im hoping this effort is for the long run. no more taking opponents lightly.

Yea you know I get heated all the time when they don't play hard. I don't mind losses where they leave everything on the court. What I CANNOT stand is when they play lazy like they don't give a damn and lose to scrub teams, ESPECIALLY at home.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3957

us.gif
votes: 43

Did anybody else see Kobe give Mike Brown the death stare? I'm not exaggerating when I say he looked like he wanted to kill him.

ClipSince7thGrade
Clipper Starter
Posts: 547
votes: 0

That was a great game to watch and that was my first game of the season going to see live so it was a great choice! The Clips came out and played hard all game, great defense, still some room for improvement but they're really coming along. They need to show that heart and desire each and every single game not just the big ones. I know that the Clippers are capable of turning heads and this win over the Spurs has definitely gotten the attention of the league if they didn't have it already. It's a good day to be a Clipper fan! Let's go Clips!

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

Clippersfan86 wrote:
bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
ClipsGForce wrote:
Well 86, ClipperSam, cp3best and other fans who doesn't have much on faith on this team. Well there you go, a well defined game right there. Credit to everyone and VDN.

i agree. when you been a fan like myself through thick and mostly thin for the past 21 years, 2 losses in a row arent so bad. did those losses piss me off. they did. because like 86 said, they lost due to lack of trying for the first 3 quarters. but im hoping this effort is for the long run. no more taking opponents lightly.

Yea you know I get heated all the time when they don't play hard. I don't mind losses where they leave everything on the court. What I CANNOT stand is when they play lazy like they don't give a damn and lose to scrub teams, ESPECIALLY at home.

i feel you. im the same way.

TheDude
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 2681

wz.gif
votes: 31

Great game Vinny and Clips! Since the entire result of every game is on your shoulders, congratulations Vinny Del Negro for beating the Spurs! You made the players rebound well, block lots of shots, and make more baskets than the other team. Excellent job! I hope you can single handedly win tomorrow against the Blazers too!!!

P.S. congratulations on not getting fired yesterday after our 4th game. Its best if you try not to lose 2 games in a row the rest of the season and make sure you win the world championship by sweeping every opponent so the fans don't call for your head on a platter again.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clippers Vs. Blazers 11-08-12 Official Game Thread

→ guess the score game sun hawks vs Clippers 12:30 PST

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!