Clippers Vs. Hornets 11-26-12 Official Game Thread (P. 11)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
82-0
Posts: 1360
votes: 3

ekker3 wrote:
82-0 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

didnt Monty Williams interview for the LAC job? and we went with instead?

No... Dwane Casey was the other candidate, who Olshey wanted. He, by the way, is sucking in Toronto now. But it's not like great coaches were lined up out the door to come take over our lottery team. Now that we can have the pick of the litter coaching-wise, it makes no sense to keep a lesser coach who's clearly in over his head.

yeah i remember that, but i was talking about before we renewed VDN after last season.

I don't think so, but I do remember that some assistant from the Warriors was briefly rumored as a possibility to replace Vinny.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

82-0 wrote:
More like they played hard because they were in danger of missing the playoffs. I don't think the players have one iota of respect for Vinny. The body language says it all, whether it's the players' smirking and giggling while they're getting blown out, or DJ's tantrums that he throws in order to show up VDN.

So now you're a social anthropology PhD, who knows all about body language as well as being a basketball guru?

I refer you to the actual evidence I gave above...

cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:

cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

Chris Paul would never let himself be viewed as coach killer; not saying he wanted him gone but still...

marzman
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 35
votes: 4

Ok so things are not good and it is clear that this team is not prepared at all. Now the question is why? That is the question that VDN needs to answer. But I am sick and tired of reading these posts from people that don't know what the heck they are talking about. Point in case Matt barnes sucks??? why cause he had a bad night YOU weren't saying that a few games ago, in fact many said he was the best offseason pick up. Two CP3 sucks WTF cause he has had a hard time coming off hand surgery still shooting ok but when VDN runs his stupid offense where everyone just clears out and watches him go one on one or one on two or three come one. He is the best at that position and you can not win that conversation at all. So many of you are crazy with your posts!!!! This is hands down the best team we have had ever the problem is the system. We saw it last year!!! we are good when we get out and run on teams but coaches are planning against us. stop CP3 and don't let BG get the ball. Our 1/2 court offense sucks we can't win games playing like that. Players and teams will have tough nights look at this season OKC, SPURS, HEAT ect... have all had off nights players have rough nights don't give me your CP3 is done. Bledsoe is not ready turns the ball over way too much still love him but not ready. We need a solid starting five with more than two plays to go to and better defensive sets. We have the players no reason they can't play. Come on we should have switched to man up and not given up the 3's. This is all VDN's fault his guys were not prepared to fight at all and it shows his weakness on 1/2 court O and D. I gave him a pass because of the weird season last year but it is clear this is the same old coach who did a great job putting together this team but is having a hard time now.

I don't know if what they are going to do but they need to figure it out and quick. There is still plenty of time to right the ship and at least it is right now and not later in the season. Just please stop with the blame the players game cause you sound really stupid when one game they are the best player and the next he's a bum. People even complaining about BG having a bad night sooooooo what hasn't he done enough to have one. He's not the problem he's working hard they all are look at the coaching staff they need to do some major changes!!!!!

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

That slump was much closer to the playoffs. They HAD to step up. What does Blake's extension have to do with Vinny? A draft pick signing a big extension? That happens all the time. Why would he pass up a $95 million contract?

Perhaps I should've rephrased it. I meant that players don't respect him as much as you say they do. Are you really waiting for CP to say something bad about VDN so that you would believe he doesn't like VDN? Why in the world would CP damage his own image as a leader?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

Chris Paul would never let himself be viewed as coach killer; not saying he wanted him gone but still...

Nobody would ever know. Vinny's contract was already up... it was simply a matter of not picking up an option for an extra year.

Very easy to use a 2nd round sweep as an excuse, and issue a statement from the organization that they were grateful for Vinny's work, but that we have higher ambitions than the second round.

At the very worst, nobody would ever know if it was CP3 or Blake that wanted it, because they both wielded "coach-killing" power back in July.

Ergo... they were both cool with him staying. That is what all the evidence poits to, Some people are letting their preconceived notions (or wishes) cloud their judgement.

marzman
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 35
votes: 4

Olshey sucks big time don't give him any credit!!!

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

Chris Paul would never let himself be viewed as coach killer; not saying he wanted him gone but still...

Nobody would ever know. Vinny's contract was already up... it was simply a matter of not picking up an option for an extra year.

Very easy to use a 2nd round sweep as an excuse, and issue a statement from the organization that they were grateful for Vinny's work, but that we have higher ambitions than the second round.

At the very worst, nobody would ever know if it was CP3 or Blake that wanted it, because they both wielded "coach-killing" power back in July.

Ergo... they were both cool with him staying. That is what all the evidence poits to, Some people are letting their preconceived notions (or wishes) cloud their judgement.

Like what were they supposed to say to the media, "I disagreed with that decision. I hate it"?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

Grillinnap wrote:
cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

Do you have any evidence to support your argument apart from Chris Paul saying something nice about his friend and former coach?

That slump was much closer to the playoffs. They HAD to step up. What does Blake's extension have to do with Vinny? A draft pick signing a big extension? That happens all the time. Why would he pass up a $95 million contract?

Perhaps I should've rephrased it. I meant that players don't respect him as much as you say they do. Are you really waiting for CP to say something bad about VDN so that you would believe he doesn't like VDN? Why in the world would CP damage his own image as a leader?

I present evidence, you present speculation. Every damn thing that has happened points to Blake and CP3 being cool with Vinny's option being picked up.

You are saying that something that CP3 HASN"T said proves your argument.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Ergo...drawing a conclusion. Like I could point out how cp3 want the warriors assistant coach over the summer. Part of the blame for this fiasco goes to Sterling IMO, He has spent money but kept Vinny when he really should have let him walk.

Does anyone remember the speach that was given after the game 7 win over Memphis by Vinny? Dead Man Walking

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 2558
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

cleepers wrote:
Grillinnap wrote:
cleepers wrote:
He was ONE MORE LOSS from being canned last year, and they stepped up for him verbally and on the court. Blake signed up for 5 more years and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for CP3's agent to pick up the phone to Sterling/Roeser/Olshey and drop a hint that CP3 might be more inclined to stick around for a different coach.

Do you have any evidence to support your argument apart from Chris Paul saying something nice about his friend and former coach?

That slump was much closer to the playoffs. They HAD to step up. What does Blake's extension have to do with Vinny? A draft pick signing a big extension? That happens all the time. Why would he pass up a $95 million contract?

Perhaps I should've rephrased it. I meant that players don't respect him as much as you say they do. Are you really waiting for CP to say something bad about VDN so that you would believe he doesn't like VDN? Why in the world would CP damage his own image as a leader?

I present evidence, you present speculation. Every damn thing that has happened points to Blake and CP3 being cool with Vinny's option being picked up.

You are saying that something that CP3 HASN"T said proves your argument.

You believing that players like VDN is also a speculation, so don't act like you're presenting any "evidence."

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

Dude, you don't get it. The decision to keep him wouldn't have been made. Why would they be defending it or not defending it in the media?

If either Blake or CP3 (or their agents) had even hinted that they want a new coach, Vinny's GONE!!!

It would have cost Sterling NOTHING to let him go, but it might cost him Blake and/or CP3 to keep Vinny against their wishes... do you realize how much money those 2 are worth to Donald?

He's not going to risk either of them leaving. Especially when he didn't owe Vinny any money.

Steady818
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1485
Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
am.gif
votes: 12

OptimusDimes wrote:
Steady818 wrote:

So now because i don't agree with you i know so little about basketball..

I don't care if you agree with me or not. I responding to your response.

Quote:
But what do i know im not bantering off like a idiot saying the earth is ending becuase its all VDN fault

I quoted that from YOU. So please don't put words in my mouth. My dislike of VDN is well documented, and I can easily point things he does wrong every game. I just went throught that spill last season, so spare me the "I level headed" bit. This team is sucking right now and it has nothing to do with cost of tea in China.

4 three point attempts down only six with 58- seconds left? Really?

Didn't ask if you cared or not.. You responding to me and saying i know little about basketball because i didn't share the same the same opinion as you and now im putting words in your mouth??. You took a shot at me don't be so hurt when its shot back at you. You mentioned structure, i mentioned heart.. You wanna be ballsy please make sense when you do so..

Your arguement is getting rid of VDN will solve all our problems is it not?? But yet its ok for the players not to show up. To play with no heart and no energy. to lose to a team like the Hornets. Some of that blame for this loss and the 5 others goes on the players too. Solely blaming is a coach is a easy scapegoat.

I get tired of hearing players are tanking or just don't want to play for the coach.. Why won't they play for the fans? Nobody gets a pass. VDN needs to figure out his rotations, and he and his defensive coach need to set a better defensive gameplan. The players need to figure out just what they are playing for and need to come out and show they mean business.. They had every chance to voice their opinion about the coach during the off-season yet somehow now is the time to show their displeasure? Please save me the bullshit that comes with that. I don't support players that don't come ready to play every night..

The cost of tea might not matter but this team as a whole does.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

Grillinnap wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Grillinnap wrote:

That slump was much closer to the playoffs. They HAD to step up. What does Blake's extension have to do with Vinny? A draft pick signing a big extension? That happens all the time. Why would he pass up a $95 million contract?

Perhaps I should've rephrased it. I meant that players don't respect him as much as you say they do. Are you really waiting for CP to say something bad about VDN so that you would believe he doesn't like VDN? Why in the world would CP damage his own image as a leader?

I present evidence, you present speculation. Every damn thing that has happened points to Blake and CP3 being cool with Vinny's option being picked up.

You are saying that something that CP3 HASN"T said proves your argument.

You believing that players like VDN is also a speculation, so don't act like you're presenting any "evidence."

Let's just say that I'd convince a jury. My argument follows a logical path, where your's relies on the "because I think so" defense.

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

cleepers wrote:
Grillinnap wrote:
Like what were they supposed to say to the media, "I disagreed with that decision. I hate it"?

Dude, you don't get it. The decision to keep him wouldn't have been made. Why would they be defending it or not defending it in the media?

If either Blake or CP3 (or their agents) had even hinted that they want a new coach, Vinny's GONE!!!

It would have cost Sterling NOTHING to let him go, but it might cost him Blake and/or CP3 to keep Vinny against their wishes... do you realize how much money those 2 are worth to Donald?

He's not going to risk either of them leaving. Especially when he didn't owe Vinny any money.

Wait, how do you really know that it was really up to the players? How do you know that it wasn't DTS getting involved again in basketball decisions? I'm speculating just like you, but there are some factors to consider why they kept VDN: 1) VDN is cheap because the Bulls are still paying him. 2) The Clippers finished 14 games over .500 (highest winning% since DTS bought the team) and a playoff series win, so naturally, there was no reason to fire VDN even though there were better and more proven coaches available.

Why does it even matter if Blake and CP3 liked the decision in the summer anyway? They can change their mind any time...like right now. They might not like him anymore.

If we get another slump like this and Vinny is still coaching, DTS is risking CP3 leaving. I wonder if you would still defend VDN if we don't get out of this slump. I've both criticized and praised VDN (mostly criticized). Have you ever criticized him?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3


No not all of them, but the main one.

And you saying that when you didn't agree with me talking about something earlier on another post you seemed to assume I cared about your feelings or something...that's all I was pointing out.

You said something to the effect of the world ending and conected it some way to my post so yeah, you put words in my mouth.

And I still stand by my post that you don't know much about basketball

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

So does yours. You're no better.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8823
votes: 42

Yeah the players should carry a lot of the blame. But are you saying that VDN has no fault? I think to a certain degree he has. Preparing the players mentally, scouting reports, defensive scheme, the choice of the players on the court, plays out of timeouts.... Blake Griffin was struggling and I didn't remember any play that was run to get him an easy dunk.

Bottom line is that this team is not supposed to be losing to a team like the Hornets at home in such an ugly fashion. And the coaching staff has to carry blame for the result as well.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8823
votes: 42

Please do not resort to personal attacks again- here are the site rules for your reference:

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

Thanks in advance.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

Grillinnap wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Grillinnap wrote:
Like what were they supposed to say to the media, "I disagreed with that decision. I hate it"?

Dude, you don't get it. The decision to keep him wouldn't have been made. Why would they be defending it or not defending it in the media?

If either Blake or CP3 (or their agents) had even hinted that they want a new coach, Vinny's GONE!!!

It would have cost Sterling NOTHING to let him go, but it might cost him Blake and/or CP3 to keep Vinny against their wishes... do you realize how much money those 2 are worth to Donald?

He's not going to risk either of them leaving. Especially when he didn't owe Vinny any money.

Wait, how do you really know that it was really up to the players? How do you know that it wasn't DTS getting involved again in basketball decisions? I'm speculating just like you, but there are some factors to consider why they kept VDN: 1) VDN is cheap because the Bulls are still paying him. 2) The Clippers finished 14 games over .500 (highest winning% since DTS bought the team) and a playoff series win, so naturally, there was no reason to fire VDN even though there were better and more proven coaches available.

Why does it even matter if Blake and CP3 liked the decision in the summer anyway? They can change their mind any time...like right now. They might not like him anymore.

If we get another slump like this and Vinny is still coaching, DTS is risking CP3 leaving. I wonder if you would still defend VDN if we don't get out of this slump. I've both criticized and praised VDN (mostly criticized). Have you ever criticized him?

  1. The Bulls stopped paying Vinny 2 YEARS AGO!

  2. Yes, we had a series win, but we also got swept. It's a perfect excuse to fire a coach and claim "higher expectations".

and 3... of course they could change their minds, especially CP3 because he's still the flight-risk - but then that would make them as lily-livered as some of the posters on here that think it's fair for players to not give full effort and sacrifice the only guy that CAN'T affect the game with hustle and effort for the 48 minutes that matter.

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22
  1. The Bulls stopped paying him but his contract with the Bulls was still the reason why DTS got him for cheap.

  2. No, we did not have championship expectations last year. We were still raw in terms of our potential as a team. A 2nd round appearance was an accomplishment for a team that had been a lottery-bound for four-five straight years.

  3. Again, why would CP3 show to the public that he's starting to hate VDN? He's not that type of person. I don't remember him killing Byron Scott's job. As far as I know, that was a personnel decision. And we're talking about a coach that has a much better resume than VDN. He was fired after a 3-6 start.

Steady818
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1485
Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
am.gif
votes: 12

great counter arguement.. so please teach me..

werent you the one who got upset because i asked what the players excuses were for such a lackluster game? Didn't you ask me to rewatch the game? Weren't you talking about structure? Weren't you the one who said Vinny should have called a timeout there at the end when the clipper players took 4 threes in a span of 20 seconds? Weren't you the one implying that i was putting this loss solely on the players??

To me it sounds like your putting this loss solely on VDN.. please tell me if i've misunderstood you.. Now as far as you thinking my end of the world comment was directed towards you, if i had the nerve to quote everyone post thats made i would but i dont. It was directed at anybody that treats this losing streak as a season lost. you just happened to throw yourself into a question that was directed towards somebody else..

The difference between what you think and assume i said and am trying to say is that the reason were losing is not because of just bad coaching but because of players are playing with no energy and no heart, and are absolutely lazy on defense and don't have the commen sense to switch back over on defense.. Now while those defensive schemes falls on the coach the players need to realize VDN can't tell them what to constantly do every second of every game..

So please enlighten me with you enhanced knowledge id like to learn a thing or two..

Steady818
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1485
Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
am.gif
votes: 12

david wrote:
Steady818 wrote:
Your arguement is getting rid of VDN will solve all our problems is it not?? But yet its ok for the players not to show up. To play with no heart and no energy. to lose to a team like the Hornets. Some of that blame for this loss and the 5 others goes on the players too. Solely blaming is a coach is a easy scapegoat.

Yeah the players should carry a lot of the blame. But are you saying that VDN has no fault? I think to a certain degree he has. Preparing the players mentally, scouting reports, defensive scheme, the choice of the players on the court, plays out of timeouts.... Blake Griffin was struggling and I didn't remember any play that was run to get him an easy dunk.

Bottom line is that this team is not supposed to be losing to a team like the Hornets at home in such an ugly fashion. And the coaching staff has to carry blame for the result as well.

Nah, the coach deserves equal blame, i just don't see it as a one fix and its done problem. VDN needs to figure things out hes had 2+ years to do it. He shows glimpses of great coaching than it fades away.

But at the same time these players need to show up against teams like this and Cleveland and need to treat it like a playoff game and not preseason..

CLIPSET
Clipper Starter
Posts: 550
votes: 0

Momentum. If they had won in OKC they wouldn't be in such a tail spin.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9160

us.gif
votes: 118

Grillinnap wrote:
cleepers wrote:

  1. The Bulls stopped paying Vinny 2 YEARS AGO!

  2. Yes, we had a series win, but we also got swept. It's a perfect excuse to fire a coach and claim "higher expectations".

and 3... of course they could change their minds, especially CP3 because he's still the flight-risk - but then that would make them as lily-livered as some of the posters on here that think it's fair for players to not give full effort and sacrifice the only guy that CAN'T affect the game with hustle and effort for the 48 minutes that matter.

  1. The Bulls stopped paying him but his contract with the Bulls was still the reason why DTS got him for cheap.

  2. No, we did not have championship expectations last year. We were still raw in terms of our potential as a team. A 2nd round appearance was an accomplishment for a team that had been a lottery-bound for four-five straight years.

  3. Again, why would CP3 show to the public that he's starting to hate VDN? He's not that type of person. I don't remember him killing Byron Scott's job. As far as I know, that was a personnel decision. And we're talking about a coach that has a much better resume than VDN. He was fired after a 3-6 start.

  • If CP3 didn't like Vinny, the cost of a new coach is peanuts compared with the lost revenue if he goes.

  • Championship expectations or not, plenty of fans (and pundits) were screaming for Vinny's contract not to be picked up this year. That alone is a good enough excuse to give him the boot. Add an 0-4 2nd round and it becomes an easy dismissal to justify.

  • Exactly... you don't KNOW what happened with Scott, and you'd never KNOW if the same happened to Vinny. If they didn't pick him up back in June, it could have been Sterling, Roeser, Olshey, Blake or CP3 that black-balled him, and there'd be nothing but rumor and speculation in the media.

  • CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    Phil Jackson will coach the Clippers if CP3 stays.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    ^ So he can become Derek Fisher?

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    Doesn't mean he has to run the triangle, but sure. Last time I checked, Fisher had 5 rings. Don't be a shmuck.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    ^ Yeah, and Robert Horry is the GOAT. Go schmuck yourself!

    OptimusDimes
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 459
    votes: 3

    Steady818 wrote:
    OptimusDimes wrote:

    So please enlighten me with you enhanced knowledge id like to learn a thing or two..

    I tried...but then this site built in regulations of quoted word deleted it all so I'm not going to retype it.

    But I will say this. All those things you talk about the team lacks are brought about throught structure from a coach.

    If you don't realize that then we really have no more to talk about or you can wait for the sequal.

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    No he's not the GOAT but he is a 7 time champ. Don't be an idiot. You play the game to win but as a Clippers fan you must be used to losing.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    So you're not a Clippers fan? Mind me asking WTF you're doing trolling our board then?

    Ronny Turiaf has a ring too, so that makes him the best player on our team, huh?

    Oh... and call me an idiot one more time please... then I won't have to scan over any more of your pathetic hating bullshit.

    I was making the point that if we're going to be paying $21,000,000 per year for a point-guard, it would seem to make sense to use him AS a point-guard, but as a lakers fan, you're probably used to concepts flying right over your head.

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    You're reasoning is that of a 5 year old. Hating bullshit?? what are you talking about? hahahahahahahahahahaha

    Be realistic, dude. They're an exciting team but you ( and A LOT of the people on this board) act like they're flawless and can do no wrong.

    Go take a nap or something.

    No Turiaf is not the best player on the team. Neither is Lamar Odom.

    Chauncey Billups isn't the best player on team. They have more rings than all the "best" players though.

    B I T C H MADE CLEEPER.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    Show me where I said they can do no wrong... I can wait. As a 5-year old, I get plenty of naps.

    But Phil Jackson... really? The same Phil Jackson who is f***** the soon-to-be owner of our division rivals? The same Phil Jackson who runs an offense that would relegate our best player to being a spot-up shooter?

    Yeah, I'm sure that'll make everything right.

    #BlindedByTheBling

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    Yeah I'm the 5-year-old. roll

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    Who said they wouldn't use him as a PG? I think the best coach in basketball history knows how to manage the talent on any roster.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    As long as he has 2 top-10 players, you're right... he manages fine. So does Spoelstra.

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    So here you are complaining about VDN yet you wouldn't want the best coach ever coaching the team??

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    You compared Phil to Spoelstra?? S M H

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    Are you a fan of the sport or the team?

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    No, I compared Shaq and Kobe to LeBron and Wade... get it?

    Steady818
    Clipper All-Star
     Avatar
    Posts: 1485
    Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
    am.gif
    votes: 12

    OptimusDimes wrote:
    Steady818 wrote:
    OptimusDimes wrote:

    So please enlighten me with you enhanced knowledge id like to learn a thing or two..

    I tried...but then this site built in regulations of quoted word deleted it all so I'm not going to retype it.

    But I will say this. All those things you talk about the team lacks are brought about throught structure from a coach.

    If you don't realize that then we really have no more to talk about or you can wait for the sequal.

    I'll say it one more time.. Place the blame on the coach and his structure and his schemes.. Place it on his questionable in game coaching, nobody is saying another coach cant fix these. they very well might be able to, but to sit there and try to teach me that these players cant be put at fault is a joke. you want to excuse them for playing with no heart or effort, even after considering they get played millions to play the sport they love to play than so be it thats your choice.

    Think what you want about my opinion of VDN, the play from the players is inexcusable, but were 14 games into the season its not the end of the world. There i go again with the doomsday comment huh? That being said VDN needs to figure things out and these team needs to be prepared to play each and every night..

    Im done.. please when you have something to actually say get back to me.

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    No you didn't mention any of them. You mentioned Spoelstra.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    Does that mean "Clippers fan or bandwagon fan"?

    What kind of a stupid question is that?

    Here's an equally stupid answer...

    I hate basketball, but I just love those Clippers.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    No... I said it's easier for a coach to win with a pair of first-ballot HOF'ers starting.

    Steady818
    Clipper All-Star
    Posts: 1485
    Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
    am.gif
    votes: 12

    I think thats arguable.. Best coach in basketball?? maybe... he also did have the best SG's of the last 2 decades too... Not to mention the Most dominant Big man the league has seen in the past 2 decades as well..

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    cleepers wrote:
    CLIPSET wrote:
    Are you a fan of the sport or the team?

    Does that mean "Clippers fan or bandwagon fan"?

    What kind of a stupid question is that?

    Here's an equally stupid answer...

    I hate basketball, but I just love those Clippers.

    EVERYTHING you post is stupid. That's why I ask.

    cleepers
    CTB MVP X2
    Posts: 9160

    us.gif
    votes: 118

    CLIPSET wrote:
    cleepers wrote:
    CLIPSET wrote:
    Are you a fan of the sport or the team?

    Does that mean "Clippers fan or bandwagon fan"?

    What kind of a stupid question is that?

    Here's an equally stupid answer...

    I hate basketball, but I just love those Clippers.

    EVERYTHING you post is stupid. That's why I ask.

    'k.

    roll

    CLIPSET
    Clipper Starter
    Posts: 550
    votes: 0

    Steady818 wrote:
    CLIPSET wrote:
    Who said they wouldn't use him as a PG? I think the best coach in basketball history knows how to manage the talent on any roster.

    I think thats arguable.. Best coach in basketball?? maybe... he also did have the best SG's of the last 2 decades too... Not to mention the Most dominant Big man the league has seen in the past 2 decades as well..

    I don't think it's arguable. You can't discredit any of the accolades because of 3 players. It's a team sport.

    Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

    or Comment Using FB

    Post new topic   Reply to topic


    ← CP3 has cost us two games in a row!

    → Guess the score game Nov 26 Mon Hornets vs Clippers

    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

    register
    You are an anonymous user- Register now!


    Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!