Phil Jackson To The Clippers!?!? (P. 4)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
BringMcadooBackado
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 130
votes: 5

This thread is some ridiculous comedy. Debating the diction in an off-the-cuff remark made by Blake Griffin? Seriously, the "we" thing made me audibly chuckle in my office.

Anyway, Phil Jackson is a better coach than Vinny. That is just a simple fact. If he joined the team as the coach, they'd do better and go further than they would without him.

To Joe's argument about not wanting him because of his history, sure, I agree with you.

I like the Clippers because they're underdogs (less so lately), but getting Jackson would put us in a position where we'd be expected to win. I don't want to root for a Lakers-type team, and I think Phil would bring that type of fanfare with him.

Fortunately for those of us who don't want Jackson, he won't be hired... At least until the end of the season. He'll still be around, Vinny's contract will be up and CP3 will be given the keys to the castle if he re-signs.

And to all of this "DISSENSION AMONG THE RANKS" talk, unfortunately 82-0, it's overblown. I'm not saying that the team doesn't hate Vinny (for all I know, they are literally planning to reenact the murder scene from Julius Caesar on his ass at the next game -- Et tu, DJ?), but we just don't know yet, so drawing any conclusions is moot.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9188

us.gif
votes: 118

82-0 wrote:
cleepers wrote:
82-0 wrote:
Didn't Sterling also say CP3 was his favorite player years before we traded for him?

He said "You belong in Hollywood" after The hornets spanked us. Three years later, he's a Clipper.

You know who else belongs in Hollywood?

Phil Jackson. 8)

Nah, when you get to his age, Hollywood tells you: "Thanks for the memories, but it's time for you to f*ck off". Even the lakers know that.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16090
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 128

Where? In West Hollywood? wink Very Happy

FightOnRon
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4824
Location: The Darkside
us.gif
votes: 39

^nice............he'd fit in me thinks

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

82-0 wrote:
cleepers wrote:

I must have missed the part where the word "coaching" or the name "Vinny" was mentioned.

Installing schemes and making adjustments are the coach's responsibility, are they not?

just like the players have the responsibility to make their shots, commit less turnovers, rebound and rotate to the shooters with their hands up instead of down. even if phil jackson came to the clips, in the end, its the players who play the game and not the coach and his coaching staff.

prokreation
Clipper Starter
Posts: 720
votes: 10

I'm loving this thread. Even though it may never happen but just so that if enough people hear it, they understand that its a possibility that we could get the greatest coach of all time.

I think Vinny is a cool dude. He's done a great job so far.

But come on are you serious?

PHIL JACKSON > Vinny.

11 Championships > Vinny.

Secure coaching > Insecure pacing back and forth.

At the end of games, Full Confidence in team > Full Confidence in CP3 isolation and no offensive scheme

prokreation
Clipper Starter
Posts: 720
votes: 10

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
82-0 wrote:
cleepers wrote:

I must have missed the part where the word "coaching" or the name "Vinny" was mentioned.

Installing schemes and making adjustments are the coach's responsibility, are they not?

just like the players have the responsibility to make their shots, commit less turnovers, rebound and rotate to the shooters with their hands up instead of down. even if phil jackson came to the clips, in the end, its the players who play the game and not the coach and his coaching staff.

Doug Collins - coach of the Bulls and they couldn't win. Phil Jackson came in and they win SIX Championships.

Del Harris - coach of the Lakers and they couldn't win. Phil Jackson comes in and they win FIVE Championships.

Do you understand how crazy it would be if Phil Jackson leads THE CLIPPERS to a Championship AT STAPLES CENTER especially if we beat the Lakers in the playoffs?

prokreation
Clipper Starter
Posts: 720
votes: 10

Is there ANYONE that thinks that Vinny Del Negro is a better coach than Phil Jackson?

Its a question of would Donald Sterling pony up 10 million/year to PJ for 2 or 3 years and would PJ do it for that amount since he was asking MORE from the Lakers.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

prokreation wrote:
ClipperSam wrote:
^ I have never claimed to know what is happening behind closed doors. Just the same way you truly don't know that the Players are really still behind Vinny as a coach. But the thing that is clear based on performance and what is happening on the court and decision making clearly shows Vinny is a horrible Coach. The consensus agrees. The Consensus agrees that Phil is a better Coach than Vinny. Yet it's clear you still choose VDN. Which is truly remarkable for anyone to make that statement. The facts exist there is no comparison of coaches. Yet you claim that Vinny is the better coach for the team. I am not the one arguing the facts.

Is there ANYONE that thinks that Vinny Del Negro is a better coach than Phil Jackson?

Its a question of would Donald Sterling pony up 10 million/year to PJ for 2 or 3 years and would PJ do it for that amount since he was asking MORE from the Lakers.

I think there's a couple of posters that thinks vinny is a better fit than Phil for the clippers

prokreation
Clipper Starter
Posts: 720
votes: 10

jarca wrote:
prokreation wrote:
ClipperSam wrote:
^ I have never claimed to know what is happening behind closed doors. Just the same way you truly don't know that the Players are really still behind Vinny as a coach. But the thing that is clear based on performance and what is happening on the court and decision making clearly shows Vinny is a horrible Coach. The consensus agrees. The Consensus agrees that Phil is a better Coach than Vinny. Yet it's clear you still choose VDN. Which is truly remarkable for anyone to make that statement. The facts exist there is no comparison of coaches. Yet you claim that Vinny is the better coach for the team. I am not the one arguing the facts.

Is there ANYONE that thinks that Vinny Del Negro is a better coach than Phil Jackson?

Its a question of would Donald Sterling pony up 10 million/year to PJ for 2 or 3 years and would PJ do it for that amount since he was asking MORE from the Lakers.

I think there's a couple of posters that thinks vinny is a better fit than Phil for the clippers

So far I'm happy with Vinny. Even though we had a tough road trip and awful home losses to New Orleans (without Eric Gordon or Anthony Davis), Cleveland, and Golden State.

But IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME, YOU GET HIM.

Everything I've ever said about Donald Sterling being cheap, I will take back if he signs PJ to a multi year contract. That would turn this city upside down. Lakers had their chance.

In the playoffs, everything SLOWS down, Defenses become tight, and BENCHES become more important bc everyone is playing with mad intensity. That's when PJ > Vinny or D'antoni. He shows FULL Confidence in his team and that's priceless. They don't have to use the Triangle. They can use it in spurts to throw the defense off. You can still run and if the defense is there, THEN run a half court offense or triangle.

hoopfanjd31
Clipper Starter
Posts: 724
votes: 3

^^^ Even though I think we should have won that game, I don't think we can any longer act like the Warriors are a scrub team that is the same class as the Hornets and Cavs. They have the same record as us and have been some decent teams. So, I think they're actually a solid team. We're better and should have beaten them, but I wouldn't consider the loss them inexcusable, like I do the Cleveland and NO losses.

CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5063
votes: 13

Records differ, because our schedule was harsh, and we played them without Curry or Bogut, not like they're playing elite teams!

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16090
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 128

What? When we played them, Curry played.

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1799
votes: 10

clipper*joe wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
Records differ, because our schedule was harsh, and we played them without Curry or Bogut, not like they're playing elite teams!

What? When we played them, Curry played.

Ya I was there...Curry went off. So did Klay Thompson and Carl Landry that game.

CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 5063
votes: 13

My bad Curry played, Bogut didn't, remember seeing Landry, that's right LANDRY just grabbing 12 rebounds!

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← CP3 putting pressure on VDN

→ Anyone see that pic of CP3's knee,leg,foot on social network

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!