Clippers Vs. Lakers 01-04-13 Official Game Thread

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15899
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125
Lakers-Clippers Preview By TAYLOR BECHTOLD Posted Jan 03 2013 2:41PM After a franchise-record winning streak, the Los Angeles Clippers hope to rediscover their shooting touch and stop a skid. The Los Angeles Lakers have also stumbled following their longest win streak of the season. Having dropped two in a row since taking 17 straight, the Clippers will try to match a franchise record with their 11th straight home victory when they host the Lakers on Friday night. The Clippers' 17-game run through Sunday is the longest in the NBA since Boston reeled off 19 straight wins in 2008-09. However, they've posted season-low shooting percentages in each....

Please log in to view the entire post.

Silasie
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1998

uk.gif
votes: 2

This is a must win game!!!

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8860
votes: 20

GSW game on Saturday is the must win IMO, due to more ramifications in the standings.

Silasie
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1998

uk.gif
votes: 2

I can't argue with that, so let's just win them both!!!!

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

Why won't it surprise me if we lose both the Lakers and Warriors game to lose 4 straight? I feel like this team gets rattled so bad. These next two games are MUST WIN GAMES. They are the only competition in our division and both hate our guts and have a tendency to punk us.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6008
votes: 10

I am more worried about the GSW than the Lakers. If we play closer to how we were playing in our winning streak than how we have played in the last two games we should be fine. The Lakers are defensively inept. They give up a lot of points even to offensively challenged teams like the Sixers.

FloydLA1
Posts: 21
votes: 0

We lose this game Dwight,Kobe,Nash,Pau probably will go off in this game garaunteed.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6008
votes: 10

"We"? You should not say we considering the fact that your a Lakers fan. Go away. Come back here when your team goes past .500 for once. Have fun fighting for 8th seed and off you go. lol

wessleejr
Clipper Starter
Posts: 984

us.gif
votes: 2

Lakers lost their last game to Philly l expect them to play hard tomorrow, Lakers pride is there to show the fans that they are the LA team, hope we will win this one because the next day game is againts GSW.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

not really considering this one as a must win. Golden State is the must win, although every W counts.

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4642

us.gif
votes: 24

tough game. we have to make sure we cover everyone. kobe will get his, dont double him. if he takes 35-40 shots then we have done our job because that means the rest of their team has been left out of the effort

Mistwell
Clipper Starter
Posts: 672
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 15

I think a lot of people don't know what "must win" means. Lakers are a .500 team. It would be nice to win, but there is no "must" about this game. We could Popovich the game even, withholding our starters to be fresh for the GSW the next day.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

You're back... with a capital M and an avatar!

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4642

us.gif
votes: 24

funny comment but all jokes aside never count out the lakers. if theres one opponemt we should always take seriously its the lakers.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

i've talked too much smack to lose this game. please win

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4642

us.gif
votes: 24

lol thats hilarious i did this last year too and we lost the series...so embarrasing.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

Weren't you here talking sh!t before the last game too?

Then you crawled back into your little hole when the lakers lost.

News flash, dude... even if the lakers pull off a miracle tomorrow, they're still a .500 team looking up at the playoff spots.

2013 lakers = $100,000,000 down the toilet (plus tax, naturally).

wessleejr
Clipper Starter
Posts: 984

us.gif
votes: 2

I disagree, the season is not even halfway, we should win every game at all cost to maintain our position in top 3, sliding to 4 means we will be againts GSW or Memphis, this two team are in our tail. We have a better chance for the team below them.

Mistwell
Clipper Starter
Posts: 672
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 15

pageC4 wrote:
Mistwell wrote:
I think a lot of people don't know what "must win" means. Lakers are a .500 team. It would be nice to win, but there is no "must" about this game. We could Popovich the game even, withholding our starters to be fresh for the GSW the next day.
funny comment but all jokes aside never count out the lakers. if theres one opponemt we should always take seriously its the lakers.

Oh I was not saying we'd beat them if we Popovich'ed the game just that we could afford to do that. Lakers are not our real competition this year.

Mistwell
Clipper Starter
Posts: 672
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 15

cleepers wrote:
Mistwell wrote:
I think a lot of people don't know what "must win" means. Lakers are a .500 team. It would be nice to win, but there is no "must" about this game. We could Popovich the game even, withholding our starters to be fresh for the GSW the next day.

You're back... with a capital M and an avatar!

Weird.

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

Lets blows them out by 40

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Who's gonna be in rhe building?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

cleepers wrote:
FloydLA1 wrote:
We lose this game Dwight,Kobe,Nash,Pau probably will go off in this game garaunteed.

Weren't you here talking sh!t before the last game too?

Then you crawled back into your little hole when the lakers lost.

News flash, dude... even if the lakers pull off a miracle tomorrow, they're still a .500 team looking up at the playoff spots.

2013 lakers = $100,000,000 down the toilet (plus tax, naturally).

Oh, and one more thing... how does it feel to be a fan of the legendary lakers reading posts by Clippers fans discussing whether we should rest our starters for a more important game against the Warriors?

With luxury tax, lakers salary is pretty much the same as both those teams combined... but then again, so is their loss total. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_03

Battlegun
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1208
Location: California
votes: 5

Should be a rest game. Our bench should dominate.

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1463
votes: 11

me

clippermitch
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1394
votes: 4

This is a must win game. Whenever we play the fakers, it's a must win. I don't care if it's preseason, regular season, exhibition whatever!

GSW game is a must win too. They pretty much punched us in the mouth and clowned us. Blake was owned by Lee and all the haters have come out to basically call our team a fluke with the easy schedule.

Blake needs to snap out of his funk and Bledsoe needs to get his game going too.

We blow them out in a laugher.

cali4nia
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 1
votes: 0

I'm actually a Lakers fan but I wish you and the Clippers the best of luck tomorrow. Without question, you guys are the best team in LA (maybe even the NBA) right now. I'm of course still rooting for the Lakers, but great respect to the Clippers and their excellent season so far. Good luck to both teams. It'll be an exciting game!

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9461
votes: 20

We can't afford to rest with GSW on us and the league lead still with in range

A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper Starter
Posts: 722
votes: 5

With all due respect; STFU. The Clippers had 2 bad losses in a row. The Heat lost to the Wizards for goodness sake. **** happens. One thing the Clippers have shown this season is resilience and the ability to win "must win" games. I won't take the LOLakers lightly but I do feel really good about this game.

fattner
Posts: 1124
Location: California
votes: 1

If I remember correctly we lost four gms in row before going on a 17 gm win streak !!! Stay focused on defense and our offense with come threw just fine !! This gm is a perfect stage for a billups and hill return !! Clipper will win both gms by + 17 !! As for the faker fan on this web page ,,,, being a clipper fan for over 25 years I feel your pain , so shut up and suck it up and take your medicine , pay back is a bitch and you will feel our pain tonite !!! Lmao there is a new sheriff in town go clippers

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

+1... way to come with respect.

Should be an epic game. Clippers need to get themselves out of a mini-funk by coming home, and the lakers' entire season pretty much rests on their next 5 games.

@LAC, vs. DEN, @HOU, @SAS, vs. OKC

If they go 0-5 against those very good teams, Jimmy-boy could blow the team up before all-star break.

LotsoHope
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1738
votes: 9

I want this game, but I also want the revenge game tomorrow against GSW just as badly. Tonight should have a playoff atmosphere, both teams are motivated and we all know both teams don't like each other.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

A7XDreamTheaterClipps wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Why won't it surprise me if we lose both the Lakers and Warriors game to lose 4 straight? I feel like this team gets rattled so bad. These next two games are MUST WIN GAMES. They are the only competition in our division and both hate our guts and have a tendency to punk us.

With all due respect; STFU. The Clippers had 2 bad losses in a row. The Heat lost to the Wizards for goodness sake. **** happens. One thing the Clippers have shown this season is resilience and the ability to win "must win" games. I won't take the LOLakers lightly but I do feel really good about this game.

Telling other posters to STFU is a bit extreme for merely giving their opinion. This is an official warning for acting like that. If you need me to post the board rules for you let me know. As for your point I disagree 100 percent on the Clippers winning must win games. The Clippers are notoriously streaky and inconsistent. To lose the last two by an average of 18 points proves it. The last game vs Golden State was a must win considering they are only two games back of us and the team dropped the ball bad in a 21 point blowout. Not to mention the Lakers always play their best against us and will be looking to send a message. I'm not confident our guys will match their intensity based on what I saw the last two games.

hoopfanjd31
Clipper Starter
Posts: 724
votes: 3

^^^ I see this game going pretty much the same way the last one did. Kobe will have a huge scoring night, but our more balanced attack will carry us to the W. At least that's what I'm hoping. The more Kobe shoots, the better it is for us, IMO.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

I can easily see us winning and we SHOULD. I was merely saying it won't surprise me if the Clippers continue this crappy lethargic play based on what they showed us in the 4 game losing streak and these last two losses. It's ALL about their focus and energy. Ironically that's all Vinny preaches and now I see it's for a good reason. There is absolutely zero reason they should have laid an egg these last two days. You're tired? Who gives a crap. You play your ass off no matter what. Standing around shooting 30 threes a game won't do it.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8860
votes: 20

Wonder what Pops is saying to his team today. 8)

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

While the nature of these last 2 losses wasn't encouraging (double-digit thrashings with us shooting woefully), from a standings perspective they're not really a big deal... road losses to W/C playoff teams are to be expected.

We still have a 10-5 road record - which is pretty impressive, and as long as we protect home court, we're gonna be just fine.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

If we play even MEDIOCRE we should be able to beat this team. We have shot horribly these past two games I mean ABISMAL. If we make half of those shits we should win.

The Lakers are pretty horrible and you guys are finally going to see what I have seen all season. Now there is always the chance that the Lakers play like if they dont totally suck because they alwaaaaays come out to play against us. I mean Jordan Hill (sucks) making jumpers, Jodie Meeks (sucks) making like 10 3s, Pau playing like a force (hes soft), Dwight going off (he has not gotten more than 7 shots in i dont know how many games), nobodies like Darius Morris making jumpers when the guy misses WIDE OPEN LAYUPS and WIDE OPEN JUMPERS. the works.. so I mean we have to be weary of that.

What I am more worried about is Kobe. The Lakers are so horrible and they usually go down because everyone sucks and misses but Kobe. Ron Artest has been playing great of late so we better not leave him open either. But with Kobe what happens is all the Laker nobodies miss and shoot horribly and in turn the team goes down...but Kobe it seems NEEEEEEEVER misses and he always keeps them close. Always. Every single game. His teammates will go a couple possessions with horrible misses, TOs or whatever and Kobe will shoot and make whatever he takes or create for himself like he always does. I see Kobe getting 30-40 points tonight and us barely winning. I am telling you guys notice how Kobe is the only reason they will even be in the game it is amazing stuff to watch and quite annoying cause he never damn misses!!!

With all that said I hope we blow them out haha Smile

LotsoHope
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1738
votes: 9

Btw, Minnesota just beat Denver on their home floor last night... does that say how big the target on our back is, or how poorly we've been playing? Guessing a bit of both.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

Oh and I have a bad feeling about this game for some reason because it means sooo much to The Lakers do you guys think they are just going to come out and suck? It is a HUGE game for them. They lose and they can be looking at a losing streak and digging themselves into a hole they might not be able to dig themselves out of because the teams 5-8 are not losing and The Lakers are not better than them...so man this is going to be an exciting game cant wait!

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5129
votes: 29

I haven't written anything for a couple of day because I was so upset about our losses. But maybe it was for the best to give us extra motivation for tonight's game...as well as some SERIOUS revenge the following game. I almost threw up in my mouth watching David Lee grinning up and down the court the other night.

Anyway, Nash has played well against us in the past, but if we can get back to where we were during our streak, this should be a win.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

cleepers wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
I can easily see us winning and we SHOULD. I was merely saying it won't surprise me if the Clippers continue this crappy lethargic play based on what they showed us in the 4 game losing streak and these last two losses. It's ALL about their focus and energy. Ironically that's all Vinny preaches and now I see it's for a good reason. There is absolutely zero reason they should have laid an egg these last two days. You're tired? Who gives a crap. You play your ass off no matter what. Standing around shooting 30 threes a game won't do it.

While the nature of these last 2 losses wasn't encouraging (double-digit thrashings with us shooting woefully), from a standings perspective they're not really a big deal... road losses to W/C playoff teams are to be expected.

We still have a 10-5 road record - which is pretty impressive, and as long as we protect home court, we're gonna be just fine.

I agree. I said it before that the best thing about a 17 game losing streak is you can afford to lose a couple games and not lose too much ground. The issue for me isn't the losses it's getting blown out and looking like we didn't play hard at all.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

tense2 wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
I can easily see us winning and we SHOULD. I was merely saying it won't surprise me if the Clippers continue this crappy lethargic play based on what they showed us in the 4 game losing streak and these last two losses. It's ALL about their focus and energy. Ironically that's all Vinny preaches and now I see it's for a good reason. There is absolutely zero reason they should have laid an egg these last two days. You're tired? Who gives a crap. You play your ass off no matter what. Standing around shooting 30 threes a game won't do it.

Wonder what Pops is saying to his team today. 8)

The Clippers haven't done sh** yet, that's the difference. The Spurs have proven time and time again to be a legit title contender that ramps it up as the season goes on. The teams core has been together a decade. Clippers haven't earned the right yet to act entitled or lay eggs regularly. In otherwords they should be way hungrier than the Spurs.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

Absolutely. Teams are motivated to make a statement against us. I hate it because I feel like every team plays like it's game 7 of the finals against us but the players need to embrace it and show more heart and toughness.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8889

us.gif
votes: 110

Clippersfan86 wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
I can easily see us winning and we SHOULD. I was merely saying it won't surprise me if the Clippers continue this crappy lethargic play based on what they showed us in the 4 game losing streak and these last two losses. It's ALL about their focus and energy. Ironically that's all Vinny preaches and now I see it's for a good reason. There is absolutely zero reason they should have laid an egg these last two days. You're tired? Who gives a crap. You play your ass off no matter what. Standing around shooting 30 threes a game won't do it.

While the nature of these last 2 losses wasn't encouraging (double-digit thrashings with us shooting woefully), from a standings perspective they're not really a big deal... road losses to W/C playoff teams are to be expected.

We still have a 10-5 road record - which is pretty impressive, and as long as we protect home court, we're gonna be just fine.

I agree. I said it before that the best thing about a 17 game losing streak is you can afford to lose a couple games and not lose too much ground. The issue for me isn't the losses it's getting blown out and looking like we didn't play hard at all.

Personally, I'd rather us get blown out. It forces the team to ask "why"?

When I look at all our losses this year, the one I most want back is the road game in OKC... we were one missed layup from getting into the heads of the 'benchmark' team in the West.

Losing to them in OT is 'a noble effort' and 'tolerable', and doesn't force introspection. But you can bet that there were some looooong film-sessions after these last 2.

clipnasty
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1280

us.gif
votes: 14

Anyone hear whether Caron will be back?

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15323
votes: 89

I guess that's true that getting your ass kicked that bad is more likely to fire you up. If we had lost those 4 straight by an average of let's say 3 points I doubt they fire up enough to win 17 in a row.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8860
votes: 20

That was then, this now for the Spurs...has nothing to do with today's team. The Clippers have "proven" themselves in regards to their history with a 25-8 record so far and that's all I'm comparing them too. Seems like a pretty consistence team to me.

I believe your extremely high expectations are getting in the way sometimes in your assessments of the team "streaks" or their supposed lack of "hunger".

The most important thing now is...we are relevant. wink

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2551
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

Us winning this game has nothing to do with being 2-0 over the "other" LA team on the season. I just want us to get back on track and keep that crucial lead in the Pac Div and West Conf going plus GSW on Saturday!

Lets Go Clips!

hoopfanjd31
Clipper Starter
Posts: 724
votes: 3

Well said. Now let's do this!

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Guess the score game Clippers vs Warriors Saturday

→ Potential schedule change

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!