Clippers Vs. Grizzlies 01-14-13 Official Game Thread (P. 5)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

Grant Hill can pass as a 25 yr old

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6092
votes: 10

The Grizzlies offense is embarrassingly bad.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

This is how you respond after a disappointing loss to an inferior team, boy! A beating of one of your rivals!

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16093
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 128

No worries, I understand. wink

realbull17
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2515

us.gif
votes: 6

a Great win! Grant Hill was outstanding! lol

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

I have 1 warning. Where did I get the other 9?

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6092
votes: 10

I got 99 points right. Never expected this to be a blowout though o.o. Grizzlies offense has been really shoddy as of late. They are looking like one of those Eastern Conference teams that are great offensively but can't score for the life of them(Bulls, Pacers, etc).

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1815
votes: 19

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll.

Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

This is a night of blowouts. Wizards killed the Magic, Bulls killed the Hawks, Mavs are killing the T'Wolves, Jazz are killing the Heat, and we killed the Grizzlies.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

You're really good at guessing the score. Ever try the lottery?

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 2156
votes: 21

Jerediscool wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Clipperbryan and Jerid I'm giving you guys a warning for trolling. You're always welcome to disagree or point out a mistake but to bait somebody and flat out instigate is crossing the line. I would never do that to you guys and expect the same respect. That kind of trash talk isn't welcome on this forum.

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll.

Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

I want to say 'great post Jered' but I don't know that might be considered trolling as well right?

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

You guys that I've warned for trolling need to be more mature towards other posters. You can disagree and call somebody out without being a complete tool. Not that there is a reason to call me out as a fan for predicting a loss to begin with. I thought IN MEMPHIS we would lose a close game. So what? I already explained why I made the comment about the Clippers owning Memphis. I expected this one to be an L but in general we have great success against that team. Nothing contradictory about that. I don't expect us to never lose to Memphis just because we matchup well.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

Wow what a beat down! Its scary, but our team is nowhere near as good as it could be by April

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Jerediscool wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Clipperbryan and Jerid I'm giving you guys a warning for trolling. You're always welcome to disagree or point out a mistake but to bait somebody and flat out instigate is crossing the line. I would never do that to you guys and expect the same respect. That kind of trash talk isn't welcome on this forum.

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll.

Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

It doesn't make a difference why you come here or how much you come here. You trying to clown other posters because you disagree with them is the number 1 way to get banned around here. I'm a big believer in getting along. We may not always agree but as I said early I would never crack off jokes at your expense just because I disagree.

I expect the same respect I would give you. Not to mention as I said these trolling rules are put in place for a reason. I think it's far more disruptive to the board to have Clippers fans taking shots at other Clippers fans than it is for Lakers fans to come here and mess around for example. It's far more destructive to the integrity of the board.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

jarca wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

Pointing out somebody being wrong in itself is not a big deal. It's how you do it. When you do it in a condescending way and act like a tool towards people or crack off jokes in which you continue doing so after being warned, that's trolling.

The fact that I just spoke to you about this 3 or 4 days ago and we are having this discussion again is what makes it trolling. Not to mention as I said earlier what was there to call me out about? That I was simply wrong and predicted a loss? You found something inconsistent and I explained it more clearly that in fact it wasn't contradicting the statement.

Bottom line is trolling is how you do something just as much as WHAT you do. If I've been having multiple run ins and you still don't mellow out on the personal insults, it's trolling.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6092
votes: 10

Yep no need to call someone out like that. You can do that in a less disrespectful manner Besides its true that we only had losing streaks this season. Never a single loss until now lol. Personally I thought we would win by a decent margin with CP3 since we always bring it against the Griz and we match up well against them but when I heard CP3 was out I thought the Griz had a good chance of beating us.

I hope the Grizzlies face the GSW in the first round and we face the Griz in the second round. The Grizzlies are a terror for the GSW due to their size while the GSW are a pain for us due to their perimeter shooting.

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1815
votes: 19

Thanks and as a fellow fan with a sense of humor id lke to say that i really appreciate a lot of the quality posts that you bring to this board! #notrolls

LobAngelesBlakers
Clipper Starter
Posts: 768

us.gif
votes: 6


Repped High Quality Post

Ok guys. '86 is trying to tell you guys to quit starting stuff of the forum. You guys are trying to tell him that he has posted conflicting ideas on the forum. '86 thinks you are baiting him and being disrespectful. You guys think you are keeping him honest.

I personally think this is all stupid. I want to tell you all to just let it go and stfu, but since you cannot cuss on this forum, I found someone with the authority to do so.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

didnt i say the grizzlies were overrated. i was proved correct. i dont care if they didnt have gay, we didnt have paul. difference is that we have too much depth that we can cover that. impressive win. most impressive win of the season. what a game from ebled, barnes, crawford, hill just to name a few. our guys didnt get worn out, and now its on to houston.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Jerediscool wrote:
clipperBryan32 wrote:

I want to say 'great post Jered' but I don't know that might be considered trolling as well right?

Thanks and as a fellow fan with a sense of humor id lke to say that i really appreciate a lot of the quality posts that you bring to this board! #notrolls

I think you have a good sense of humor. I've laughed at a lot of your stuff before. Just try not to use it at the expense of other posters. It's really unnecessary.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

Clippersfan86 wrote:
jarca wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

Pointing out somebody being wrong in itself is not a big deal. It's how you do it. When you do it in a condescending way and act like a tool towards people or crack off jokes in which you continue doing so after being warned, that's trolling.

The fact that I just spoke to you about this 3 or 4 days ago and we are having this discussion again is what makes it trolling. Not to mention as I said earlier what was there to call me out about? That I was simply wrong and predicted a loss? You found something inconsistent and I explained it more clearly that in fact it wasn't contradicting the statement.

Bottom line is trolling is how you do something just as much as WHAT you do. If I've been having multiple run ins and you still don't mellow out on the personal insults, it's trolling.

Once the team were winning your post kinda sound like your gloating about how right you are and knew that this would happen all along. Maybe that's why other posters brought up your old posts. That's just my guess.

I don't think I've been warm recently. Last time you warned me was a month ago when you deleted my post

Don't want to sound repetitive but this is the Internet and words can be misinterpreted. Just having a conversation not trolling

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

You guys that I've warned for trolling need to be more mature towards other posters. You can disagree and call somebody out without being a complete tool. Not that there is a reason to call me out as a fan for predicting a loss to begin with. I thought IN MEMPHIS we would lose a close game. So what? I already explained why I made the comment about the Clippers owning Memphis. I expected this one to be an L but in general we have great success against that team. Nothing contradictory about that. I don't expect us to never lose to Memphis just because we matchup well.

Yep no need to call someone out like that. You can do that in a less disrespectful manner Besides its true that we only had losing streaks this season. Never a single loss until now lol. Personally I thought we would win by a decent margin with CP3 since we always bring it against the Griz and we match up well against them but when I heard CP3 was out I thought the Griz had a good chance of beating us.

I hope the Grizzlies face the GSW in the first round and we face the Griz in the second round. The Grizzlies are a terror for the GSW due to their size while the GSW are a pain for us due to their perimeter shooting.

Beyond calling me out... Bryan questioned me as a fan. I've been on this ship for 14-15 seasons so that's a slap in the face. Thinking your team will win every single game vs expecting some losses doesn't make somebody a greater or lesser fan than anybody. All I'll say is that all of this sort of trolling started when CP3 joined the team with the new influx of fans.

Good prediction on your part though. I think you said you've only been a fan a couple years right? If so I'm impressed by your knowledge and dedication in such a short time. If not, I mean no offense.

realbull17
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2515

us.gif
votes: 6

Grant Hill was outstanding Razz

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1815
votes: 19

With all do respect, the first step in respecting someone is getting their name right. So Clippersfan86, because you are a mod and I respect you as a person and a poster, I am willing to accept your apology and move on in this spectacular season where we as fans are all very respective of eachother.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

@Jarca

Only times I remember gloating at all is in the free agency threads but those weren't even bumped by me to gloat. Other posters bumped them and I simply came in and accepted the props for being one of very few who supported the front office moves.

I often will say something like "See I knew this would work out, despite the critics" but that's not directed at you guys specifically. That's just my way of patting myself on the back when I believe in something that's the minority opinion.

BTW that was last week when I deleted your post because I still have the PM from David reminding me to give infractions instead of just deleting posts. Anyways let's have a fresh start going forward on this. I personally don't have an issue with any of you guys. I just want things to be a bit more peaceful around here. Let's enjoy this win.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8217

rp.gif
votes: 38

Cheers to clippers championship!

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16093
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 128

We blew out the Grizz! Move on people...

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

lmao. hahahaha. chuck norris is unquestionably the authority in everything relating to posting on the internet hahaha.

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3725

rp.gif
votes: 32

So... back to the game, guys?

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9395
votes: 22

Actually 86, that was one of my post you deleted....your getting us mixed up again. wink

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6092
votes: 10

Clippersfan86 wrote:
CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

Beyond calling me out... Bryan questioned me as a fan. I've been on this ship for 14-15 seasons so that's a slap in the face. Thinking your team will win every single game vs expecting some losses doesn't make somebody a greater or lesser fan than anybody. All I'll say is that all of this sort of trolling started when CP3 joined the team with the new influx of fans.

Good prediction on your part though. I think you said you've only been a fan a couple years right? If so I'm impressed by your knowledge and dedication in such a short time. If not, I mean no offense.

To be frank I am a bandwagon since I started watching the Clippers when CP3 came. He is my favorite nba player but I have a lot of knowledge about the nba in general since I am more of a fan of the nba than specific teams.

I can definitely understand what you mean when you talk about overzealous fans. As a Knicks fan for a bit over 10 years(I am young) I have heard fellow Knicks fans say the Knicks are back(god knows how many times). Too bad the Knicks have been perennial lottery teams/first round exits for all my years as a fan. lol The worst part is that they paid the luxury tax even when the Knicks were in the lottery. Spending big money for a lottery team in the Leastern Conference. Really embarrassing. So yea people need to temper their expectations a bit sometimes.

I am confident that we are a legit contender though. Its probably between the Heat, OKC, and Clippers with the Spurs, Grizzlies, and Knicks with an outside chance.

Phu7
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 461
votes: 4

This should cheer some of you up

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

@CP3Heliflopter

Well in my book you're a very knowledgeable guy and a dedicated fan in the time you've been here. We all start off as "bandwagoners" for the most part but what makes us true fans is when we dedicate ourselves. I started off as a bandwagon fan in 98-99 ish because I LOVED Odom's game after watching the draft.

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1815
votes: 19

I became a fan bc my stepdad was a laker fan and i wasnt a my stepdad fan. Its all totally worth it now!!!!!!

TheDude
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2723

wz.gif
votes: 31

This was favorite game of the year. We just tore their hearts out. We own the Griz plain and simple. Hollins knows it, the players know it, their fans know it. Grizzly tears are so sweet I just want to gather them all up and make a nice delicious chicken noodle soup.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Dude I agree on probably my favorite game. No CP3 and still utterly dominate them like that. Plus I got to watch my boy Bledsoe give them hell and actually get minutes. Same with Grant Hill.

Battlegun
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1208
Location: California
votes: 5

There are probably no teams in the NBA that can lose their best player and blow out Memphis at their home by 20+

Looking at the boxscore, it is incredibly well-rounded.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ agreed. this team is too deep for most teams to outlast us in the playoffs. in a 7 game series, id take the clips over anyone. thats the honest truth. sure there are other teams who would give us problems, but they would not be able to outlast us. tonight was an example of that

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6092
votes: 10
@CP3Heliflopter Well in my book you're a very knowledgeable guy and a dedicated fan in the time you've been here. We all start off as "bandwagoners" for the most part but what makes us true fans is when we dedicate ourselves. I started off as a bandwagon fan in 98-99 ish because I LOVED Odom's game after watching the draft.
Well yea guess your right. Technically everyone has to bandwagon at one point. lol I definitely consider myself a fan. I like all the players on the Clippers something I can't say about players on the Knicks I would definitely like....

Please log in to view the entire post.

big_giddy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 634

rp.gif
votes: 4


Repped High Quality Post

Truth be told, with this win tonight Im so convinced that we have a very very big chance of taking home the Larry O'brien trophy.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Even more reason why I get offended when people say CP3 makes our team or carries our team. Even without CP3 we have the talent and depth to be a mid playoff seed in the cutthroat west. Is he our best player? No question. Does it mean he doesn't have a great team around him? No. CP3 gets all the credit for the turnaround but people forget Blake was the guy who got the ball rolling, CP3 took it over the top. In other words I love CP3 but this is a great TEAM.

big_giddy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 634

rp.gif
votes: 4

Hill is the missing piece in Clippers' Championship puzzle.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6092
votes: 10

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Battlegun wrote:
There are probably no teams in the NBA that can lose their best player and blow out Memphis at their home by 20+

Looking at the boxscore, it is incredibly well-rounded.

Even more reason why I get offended when people say CP3 makes our team or carries our team. Even without CP3 we have the talent and depth to be a mid playoff seed in the cutthroat west. Is he our best player? No question. Does it mean he doesn't have a great team around him? No. CP3 gets all the credit for the turnaround but people forget Blake was the guy who got the ball rolling, CP3 took it over the top. In other words I love CP3 but this is a great TEAM.

Thats definitely true this season though I am not sure if we could have said that last season. CP3 or not this team is a great defensive team but without CP3 I think we would be sort of like the Grizzlies. Great defensively but average offensively so around 4th-6th in the West.

To be fair though CP3 did recruit Barnes and was the first to meet up with Crawford. He had a part in pretty much all of our off season acquisitions and helped change the culture of the Clippers. So its not only necessarily his contributions on the court. Would we have recruited Barnes if it was not for CP3? I am not sure.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Many of us were furious Sunday that Hill didn't get any burn and tonight you saw why. He just has a knack for making the right play 99 percent of the time on both ends of the floor. He won't dominate games anymore but he makes all the little plays that add up by the end of the game.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4153

us.gif
votes: 50

Yep, we put the haters to sleep that said we are nothing without Paul. Repped

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3725

rp.gif
votes: 32

LO was the only Clipper to play 30+ min w/ 33. VDN did a nice job of balancing out minutes tonight. Should be relatively energized for tomorrow's game against HOU.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8827
votes: 42

Masterful win- great job by everyone who played. The second unit just totally outclassed the Grizz the last 15 minutes of the first half. Then the starters did a great job preventing the Grizz from going on any sort of run in the third quarter, and that was all she wrote.

Difficult game tomorrow night vs the Rockets considering the shooters Houston have. The teams that have beaten the Clippers usually do so with good 3 point shooting, so it's imperative that the guys play tough, active D. The intensity has to be there from the get-go, and the guys should be just fine.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9395
votes: 22

I would have. 8)

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Guess the score game Clippers vs Rockets

→ Clippers Vs. Rockets 01-15-13 Official Game Thread

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!