Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Guess the score game Clippers vs Rockets Log in to check your private messages → Clippers Vs. Rockets 01-15-13 Official Game Thread
Author   
jarca
Post ID: 342752by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:18 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Reputation: 564.5 Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Grant Hill can pass as a 25 yr old



                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342753by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:18 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342754by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5567
Rep Post +1
votes: 10

The Grizzlies offense is embarrassingly bad.

                
      Back to top
Grillinnap
Post ID: 342755by Grillinnap » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:19 PM PST
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
Rep Post +1
votes: 22

This is how you respond after a disappointing loss to an inferior team, boy! A beating of one of your rivals!

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 342756by clipper*joe » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

No worries, I understand. wink

                
      Back to top
realbull17
Post ID: 342757by realbull17 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:19 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2128

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

a Great win! Grant Hill was outstanding! lol

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 342758by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:21 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

I have 1 warning. Where did I get the other 9?

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342759by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:21 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 5567
Rep Post +1
votes: 10

I got 99 points right. Never expected this to be a blowout though o.o. Grizzlies offense has been really shoddy as of late. They are looking like one of those Eastern Conference teams that are great offensively but can't score for the life of them(Bulls, Pacers, etc).

                
      Back to top
Jerediscool
Post ID: 342760by Jerediscool » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:23 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Posts: 1504
Reputation: 120.1 Rep Post +1
votes: 13

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll. Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

                
      Back to top
Grillinnap
Post ID: 342761by Grillinnap » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:23 PM PST
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
Rep Post +1
votes: 22

This is a night of blowouts. Wizards killed the Magic, Bulls killed the Hawks, Mavs are killing the T'Wolves, Jazz are killing the Heat, and we killed the Grizzlies.

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 342762by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:23 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

You're really good at guessing the score. Ever try the lottery?

                
      Back to top
ClipperB23
Post ID: 342763by ClipperB23 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:24 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Posts: 2101
Reputation: 111.3 Rep Post +1
votes: 19

Jerediscool wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Clipperbryan and Jerid I'm giving you guys a warning for trolling. You're always welcome to disagree or point out a mistake but to bait somebody and flat out instigate is crossing the line. I would never do that to you guys and expect the same respect. That kind of trash talk isn't welcome on this forum.

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll. Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

I want to say 'great post Jered' but I don't know that might be considered trolling as well right?

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342764by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:24 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 28
Posts: 14880
Reputation: 981.7Reputation: 981.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 86

You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

You guys that I've warned for trolling need to be more mature towards other posters. You can disagree and call somebody out without being a complete tool. Not that there is a reason to call me out as a fan for predicting a loss to begin with. I thought IN MEMPHIS we would lose a close game. So what? I already explained why I made the comment about the Clippers owning Memphis. I expected this one to be an L but in general we have great success against that team. Nothing contradictory about that. I don't expect us to never lose to Memphis just because we matchup well.

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 342766by clipperstown » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:25 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

Wow what a beat down! Its scary, but our team is nowhere near as good as it could be by April

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 342767by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:27 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Reputation: 564.5 Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342768by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:27 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 28
Posts: 14880
Reputation: 981.7Reputation: 981.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Jerediscool wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Clipperbryan and Jerid I'm giving you guys a warning for trolling. You're always welcome to disagree or point out a mistake but to bait somebody and flat out instigate is crossing the line. I would never do that to you guys and expect the same respect. That kind of trash talk isn't welcome on this forum.

HAHA i'm getting warned for trolling? c'mon man. I made a joke. That would be like me warning you for misspelling my name. Dont be so sensitive bro. Were all friends in the nation and when you say as much as you do people are gonna catch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. This is not trolling haha.

I dont have tall rainbow colored hair, i dont have a jewel in my belly button, and im certainly not naked (at least right now). I sir, am no troll. Just a fan with blind love for my team that will always root for the clips whether your emotions ban me or not. Im sorry if you dont think im as cool as my name claims, but that little moderator tag under your name is not going to scare me into bowing down to your posts. Also sorry that i am not able to keep up and post on here every second, i am a busy little bee but do enjoy coming on from time to time. do what you have to.

It doesn't make a difference why you come here or how much you come here. You trying to clown other posters because you disagree with them is the number 1 way to get banned around here. I'm a big believer in getting along. We may not always agree but as I said early I would never crack off jokes at your expense just because I disagree.

I expect the same respect I would give you. Not to mention as I said these trolling rules are put in place for a reason. I think it's far more disruptive to the board to have Clippers fans taking shots at other Clippers fans than it is for Lakers fans to come here and mess around for example. It's far more destructive to the integrity of the board.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342771by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:30 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 28
Posts: 14880
Reputation: 981.7Reputation: 981.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 86

jarca wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

Pointing out somebody being wrong in itself is not a big deal. It's how you do it. When you do it in a condescending way and act like a tool towards people or crack off jokes in which you continue doing so after being warned, that's trolling.

The fact that I just spoke to you about this 3 or 4 days ago and we are having this discussion again is what makes it trolling. Not to mention as I said earlier what was there to call me out about? That I was simply wrong and predicted a loss? You found something inconsistent and I explained it more clearly that in fact it wasn't contradicting the statement.

Bottom line is trolling is how you do something just as much as WHAT you do. If I've been having multiple run ins and you still don't mellow out on the personal insults, it's trolling.

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342774by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:31 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 5567
Reputation: 168.2Reputation: 168.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Yep no need to call someone out like that. You can do that in a less disrespectful manner Besides its true that we only had losing streaks this season. Never a single loss until now lol. Personally I thought we would win by a decent margin with CP3 since we always bring it against the Griz and we match up well against them but when I heard CP3 was out I thought the Griz had a good chance of beating us.

I hope the Grizzlies face the GSW in the first round and we face the Griz in the second round. The Grizzlies are a terror for the GSW due to their size while the GSW are a pain for us due to their perimeter shooting.

                
      Back to top
Jerediscool
Post ID: 342775by Jerediscool » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:32 PM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 1504
Rep Post +1
votes: 13

Thanks and as a fellow fan with a sense of humor id lke to say that i really appreciate a lot of the quality posts that you bring to this board! #notrolls

                
      Back to top
LobAngelesBlakers
Post ID: 342776by LobAngelesBlakers » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:32 PM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 705

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 6


Repped High Quality Post

Ok guys. '86 is trying to tell you guys to quit starting stuff of the forum. You guys are trying to tell him that he has posted conflicting ideas on the forum. '86 thinks you are baiting him and being disrespectful. You guys think you are keeping him honest.

I personally think this is all stupid. I want to tell you all to just let it go and stfu, but since you cannot cuss on this forum, I found someone with the authority to do so.

                
      Back to top
bullterrierclipsfan1349
Post ID: 342777by bullterrierclipsfan1349 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:34 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 30

didnt i say the grizzlies were overrated. i was proved correct. i dont care if they didnt have gay, we didnt have paul. difference is that we have too much depth that we can cover that. impressive win. most impressive win of the season. what a game from ebled, barnes, crawford, hill just to name a few. our guys didnt get worn out, and now its on to houston.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342778by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:34 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Jerediscool wrote:
clipperBryan32 wrote:
I want to say 'great post Jered' but I don't know that might be considered trolling as well right?

Thanks and as a fellow fan with a sense of humor id lke to say that i really appreciate a lot of the quality posts that you bring to this board! #notrolls

I think you have a good sense of humor. I've laughed at a lot of your stuff before. Just try not to use it at the expense of other posters. It's really unnecessary.

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 342781by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:37 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Reputation: 564.5 Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Clippersfan86 wrote:
jarca wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Joe also remember when Jarca and others tried to pull the same crap on you I gave them warnings as well. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or abusing power, because I have NEVER banned a Clippers fan here yet. My thing is I ask you to please stop intentionally taking shots and you fire off a couple more insults afterwards? I was banned for far less from the Lakers forum. Bottom line is I love a healthy debate or disagreement but lately the quality of this forum is way down because guys hold grudges and intentionally bait certain posters over and over again and I'm getting tired of it. Jarca and Tense are on the edge of that threshold after about 10 warnings. The rule per David is 3 warnings and I've given far more than that.

Don't get mad but what's your definition of trolling?

Is calling out someone for being wrong trolling? If that's the case I've been a victim of it.

I'm looking thru these pages and I haven't read anything where a poster called you an idiot or something personal. Again let me make this clear I'm not trying to troll just simply asking a question

Pointing out somebody being wrong in itself is not a big deal. It's how you do it. When you do it in a condescending way and act like a tool towards people or crack off jokes in which you continue doing so after being warned, that's trolling.

The fact that I just spoke to you about this 3 or 4 days ago and we are having this discussion again is what makes it trolling. Not to mention as I said earlier what was there to call me out about? That I was simply wrong and predicted a loss? You found something inconsistent and I explained it more clearly that in fact it wasn't contradicting the statement.

Bottom line is trolling is how you do something just as much as WHAT you do. If I've been having multiple run ins and you still don't mellow out on the personal insults, it's trolling.

Once the team were winning your post kinda sound like your gloating about how right you are and knew that this would happen all along. Maybe that's why other posters brought up your old posts. That's just my guess.

I don't think I've been warm recently. Last time you warned me was a month ago when you deleted my post

Don't want to sound repetitive but this is the Internet and words can be misinterpreted. Just having a conversation not trolling

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342782by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:37 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 28
Posts: 14880
Reputation: 981.7Reputation: 981.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 86

CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

You guys that I've warned for trolling need to be more mature towards other posters. You can disagree and call somebody out without being a complete tool. Not that there is a reason to call me out as a fan for predicting a loss to begin with. I thought IN MEMPHIS we would lose a close game. So what? I already explained why I made the comment about the Clippers owning Memphis. I expected this one to be an L but in general we have great success against that team. Nothing contradictory about that. I don't expect us to never lose to Memphis just because we matchup well.

Yep no need to call someone out like that. You can do that in a less disrespectful manner Besides its true that we only had losing streaks this season. Never a single loss until now lol. Personally I thought we would win by a decent margin with CP3 since we always bring it against the Griz and we match up well against them but when I heard CP3 was out I thought the Griz had a good chance of beating us.

I hope the Grizzlies face the GSW in the first round and we face the Griz in the second round. The Grizzlies are a terror for the GSW due to their size while the GSW are a pain for us due to their perimeter shooting.

Beyond calling me out... Bryan questioned me as a fan. I've been on this ship for 14-15 seasons so that's a slap in the face. Thinking your team will win every single game vs expecting some losses doesn't make somebody a greater or lesser fan than anybody. All I'll say is that all of this sort of trolling started when CP3 joined the team with the new influx of fans.

Good prediction on your part though. I think you said you've only been a fan a couple years right? If so I'm impressed by your knowledge and dedication in such a short time. If not, I mean no offense.

                
      Back to top
realbull17
Post ID: 342783by realbull17 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:38 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2128

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Grant Hill was outstanding Razz

                
      Back to top
Jerediscool
Post ID: 342784by Jerediscool » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:39 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Posts: 1504
Reputation: 120.1 Rep Post +1
votes: 13

With all do respect, the first step in respecting someone is getting their name right. So Clippersfan86, because you are a mod and I respect you as a person and a poster, I am willing to accept your apology and move on in this spectacular season where we as fans are all very respective of eachother.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342785by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:41 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

@Jarca

Only times I remember gloating at all is in the free agency threads but those weren't even bumped by me to gloat. Other posters bumped them and I simply came in and accepted the props for being one of very few who supported the front office moves.

I often will say something like "See I knew this would work out, despite the critics" but that's not directed at you guys specifically. That's just my way of patting myself on the back when I believe in something that's the minority opinion.

BTW that was last week when I deleted your post because I still have the PM from David reminding me to give infractions instead of just deleting posts. Anyways let's have a fresh start going forward on this. I personally don't have an issue with any of you guys. I just want things to be a bit more peaceful around here. Let's enjoy this win.

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 342786by jarca » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:42 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7371

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Cheers to clippers championship!

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 342787by clipper*joe » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:43 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

We blew out the Grizz! Move on people...

                
      Back to top
bullterrierclipsfan1349
Post ID: 342788by bullterrierclipsfan1349 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:44 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 30

lmao. hahahaha. chuck norris is unquestionably the authority in everything relating to posting on the internet hahaha.

                
      Back to top
ohMEohMy!
Post ID: 342789by ohMEohMy! » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:47 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3507

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 28

So... back to the game, guys?

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 342790by tense2 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:49 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8137
Rep Post +1
votes: 20

Actually 86, that was one of my post you deleted....your getting us mixed up again. wink

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342791by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:49 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 5567
Reputation: 168.2Reputation: 168.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Clippersfan86 wrote:
CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
You have 1 recorded warning with the neg system. You've had about 10 verbal warnings, 3 or 4 from me alone in the last month. My point was I'm far from a power trip mod. I've been super chill and actually put up with quite a bit more than I should. I'm not here to tell people what to do and never do. The only thing I'm here for is to help keep clutter down and try to keep it peaceful when people bring drama or trolling.

Beyond calling me out... Bryan questioned me as a fan. I've been on this ship for 14-15 seasons so that's a slap in the face. Thinking your team will win every single game vs expecting some losses doesn't make somebody a greater or lesser fan than anybody. All I'll say is that all of this sort of trolling started when CP3 joined the team with the new influx of fans.

Good prediction on your part though. I think you said you've only been a fan a couple years right? If so I'm impressed by your knowledge and dedication in such a short time. If not, I mean no offense.

To be frank I am a bandwagon since I started watching the Clippers when CP3 came. He is my favorite nba player but I have a lot of knowledge about the nba in general since I am more of a fan of the nba than specific teams.

I can definitely understand what you mean when you talk about overzealous fans. As a Knicks fan for a bit over 10 years(I am young) I have heard fellow Knicks fans say the Knicks are back(god knows how many times). Too bad the Knicks have been perennial lottery teams/first round exits for all my years as a fan. lol The worst part is that they paid the luxury tax even when the Knicks were in the lottery. Spending big money for a lottery team in the Leastern Conference. Really embarrassing. So yea people need to temper their expectations a bit sometimes.

I am confident that we are a legit contender though. Its probably between the Heat, OKC, and Clippers with the Spurs, Grizzlies, and Knicks with an outside chance.

                
      Back to top
Phu7
Post ID: 342793by Phu7 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:50 PM PST
Clipper Starter
 Avatar

Posts: 418
Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9Reputation: 7.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Link

This should cheer some of you up

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342795by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 09:57 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

@CP3Heliflopter

Well in my book you're a very knowledgeable guy and a dedicated fan in the time you've been here. We all start off as "bandwagoners" for the most part but what makes us true fans is when we dedicate ourselves. I started off as a bandwagon fan in 98-99 ish because I LOVED Odom's game after watching the draft.

                
      Back to top
Jerediscool
Post ID: 342800by Jerediscool » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:02 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1504
Rep Post +1
votes: 13

I became a fan bc my stepdad was a laker fan and i wasnt a my stepdad fan. Its all totally worth it now!!!!!!

                
      Back to top
TheDude
Post ID: 342802by TheDude » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:07 PM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 2598

wz.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 30

This was favorite game of the year. We just tore their hearts out. We own the Griz plain and simple. Hollins knows it, the players know it, their fans know it. Grizzly tears are so sweet I just want to gather them all up and make a nice delicious chicken noodle soup.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342808by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:11 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Dude I agree on probably my favorite game. No CP3 and still utterly dominate them like that. Plus I got to watch my boy Bledsoe give them hell and actually get minutes. Same with Grant Hill.

                
      Back to top
Battlegun
Post ID: 342809by Battlegun » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:11 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1192
Location: California
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

There are probably no teams in the NBA that can lose their best player and blow out Memphis at their home by 20+

Looking at the boxscore, it is incredibly well-rounded.

                
      Back to top
bullterrierclipsfan1349
Post ID: 342811by bullterrierclipsfan1349 » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:16 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 30

^ agreed. this team is too deep for most teams to outlast us in the playoffs. in a 7 game series, id take the clips over anyone. thats the honest truth. sure there are other teams who would give us problems, but they would not be able to outlast us. tonight was an example of that

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342813by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:18 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 5567
Reputation: 168.2Reputation: 168.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Clippersfan86 wrote:
@CP3Heliflopter

Well in my book you're a very knowledgeable guy and a dedicated fan in the time you've been here. We all start off as "bandwagoners" for the most part but what makes us true fans is when we dedicate ourselves. I started off as a bandwagon fan in 98-99 ish because I LOVED Odom's game after watching the draft.

Well yea guess your right. Technically everyone has to bandwagon at one point. lol I definitely consider myself a fan. I like all the players on the Clippers something I can't say about players on the Knicks I would definitely like to see a Clippers game live one day when they come to MSG but boy are tickets at MSG pricey and now that the Clippers are great even moreso.

TheDude wrote:
This was favorite game of the year. We just tore their hearts out. We own the Griz plain and simple. Hollins knows it, the players know it, their fans know it. Grizzly tears are so sweet I just want to gather them all up and make a nice delicious chicken noodle soup.

I just can't wait to face them in the playoffs again. Everyone keeps saying no one wants the Griz but we have their number. Ideally they eliminate the GSWs for us and we beat them in the 2nd round.

                
      Back to top
big_giddy
Post ID: 342818by big_giddy » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:22 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 629

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 4


Repped High Quality Post

Truth be told, with this win tonight Im so convinced that we have a very very big chance of taking home the Larry O'brien trophy.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342820by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:24 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Even more reason why I get offended when people say CP3 makes our team or carries our team. Even without CP3 we have the talent and depth to be a mid playoff seed in the cutthroat west. Is he our best player? No question. Does it mean he doesn't have a great team around him? No. CP3 gets all the credit for the turnaround but people forget Blake was the guy who got the ball rolling, CP3 took it over the top. In other words I love CP3 but this is a great TEAM.

                
      Back to top
big_giddy
Post ID: 342821by big_giddy » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:29 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 629

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Hill is the missing piece in Clippers' Championship puzzle.

                
      Back to top
CP3Heliflopter
Post ID: 342823by CP3Heliflopter » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:30 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 5567
Reputation: 168.2Reputation: 168.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Battlegun wrote:
There are probably no teams in the NBA that can lose their best player and blow out Memphis at their home by 20+

Looking at the boxscore, it is incredibly well-rounded.

Even more reason why I get offended when people say CP3 makes our team or carries our team. Even without CP3 we have the talent and depth to be a mid playoff seed in the cutthroat west. Is he our best player? No question. Does it mean he doesn't have a great team around him? No. CP3 gets all the credit for the turnaround but people forget Blake was the guy who got the ball rolling, CP3 took it over the top. In other words I love CP3 but this is a great TEAM.

Thats definitely true this season though I am not sure if we could have said that last season. CP3 or not this team is a great defensive team but without CP3 I think we would be sort of like the Grizzlies. Great defensively but average offensively so around 4th-6th in the West.

To be fair though CP3 did recruit Barnes and was the first to meet up with Crawford. He had a part in pretty much all of our off season acquisitions and helped change the culture of the Clippers. So its not only necessarily his contributions on the court. Would we have recruited Barnes if it was not for CP3? I am not sure.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 342824by Clippersfan86 » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:30 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Many of us were furious Sunday that Hill didn't get any burn and tonight you saw why. He just has a knack for making the right play 99 percent of the time on both ends of the floor. He won't dominate games anymore but he makes all the little plays that add up by the end of the game.

                
      Back to top
CapsNClips
Post ID: 342825by CapsNClips » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:32 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3035

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 31

Yep, we put the haters to sleep that said we are nothing without Paul. Repped

                
      Back to top
ohMEohMy!
Post ID: 342828by ohMEohMy! » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:39 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3507

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 28

LO was the only Clipper to play 30+ min w/ 33. VDN did a nice job of balancing out minutes tonight. Should be relatively energized for tomorrow's game against HOU.

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 342829by david » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:45 PM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8028
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

Masterful win- great job by everyone who played. The second unit just totally outclassed the Grizz the last 15 minutes of the first half. Then the starters did a great job preventing the Grizz from going on any sort of run in the third quarter, and that was all she wrote.

Difficult game tomorrow night vs the Rockets considering the shooters Houston have. The teams that have beaten the Clippers usually do so with good 3 point shooting, so it's imperative that the guys play tough, active D. The intensity has to be there from the get-go, and the guys should be just fine.

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 342830by tense2 » Jan 14, 2013 - 10:50 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8137
Reputation: 531 Rep Post +1
votes: 20

I would have. 8)

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Guess the score game Clippers vs Rockets Log in to check your private messages → Clippers Vs. Rockets 01-15-13 Official Game Thread


← Guess the score game Clippers vs Rockets

→ Clippers Vs. Rockets 01-15-13 Official Game Thread

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts Betting Odds for Game #1 0 Apr 18, 2014 - 12:26 PM
No new posts Matt Barnes May Be the Key to a Clippers Championship 6 Apr 18, 2014 - 05:24 AM
No new posts Clippers vs Warriors Playoffs Game Thread 2014-04-19 37 Apr 17, 2014 - 01:21 AM
No new posts ESPN First Take Returns: Clippers Playoff Ready? 12 Apr 16, 2014 - 08:43 PM
No new posts Blake Griffin Suspended 1 Game for 16th Technical Foul 5 Apr 16, 2014 - 02:15 PM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!