Clippers Vs. Spurs 02-21-13 Official Game Thread (P. 7)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Agreed. I still believe we have a great shot this year of doing something special. We are inconsistent and need improvement but we've seen flashes of brilliance from this team!

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

clipperstown wrote:
cleepers wrote:
The world according to 82-0:

Clippers get blown out by the best in the West, shooting 42% and committing 20 TO's = Vinny's fault.

Bulls get blown out by the best in the East, shooting 38% and committing 26 TO's = Thibs is god.

that's not fair dude cmon, look at the entire season in general. what tibbs is doing without his mvp and what del negro did without his mvp, and is even doing WITH cp playing

whatever, I think we should just drop the del negro thing. I think most of us agree he's not the coach to take us to the next level and WILL NOT be re-signed this off season, but also won't be fired with 2 months of regular seasons left

And over the entire season we have the 4th best record in the entire league!

I'm not knocking Thibs... he plays to his strength - defense, but his team has trouble scoring. Vinny's strength is pick-n-roll so he plays to it.

Maybe when your players are as butter-fingered as ours seem to be at times, running plays that require accurate passing through the heart of a defense isn't the best idea.

Even when we do run plays, our big men aren't very good at setting screens and half the time the passes aren't completed.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

lobcityhawaii wrote:
OregonLAA wrote:
Awful night of basketball. It happens. I'm not worried. We have to live with Vinny the rest of this year. I don't love it, but I'm not going to complain about it, especially every 3 posts. If we don't do it this year, we will get whoever CP3 wants next year to keep him happy and we will roll with that. No sense of complaining about Vinny. Deal with it and support the team. We have a good shot to do something great this year and that's all I care about

Agreed. I still believe we have a great shot this year of doing something special. We are inconsistent and need improvement but we've seen flashes of brilliance from this team!

finally a voice of reason. just need to start a streak on saturday

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4808
votes: 31

We weren't inconsistant. We were beaten by a better team (read better coached). I have been a supporter of VDN untill this. The Spurs are a machine. In two years Pop couldwin a championship with this team as could Jerry S providing we dumped DJ. Not that he's bad but he's not discliplined enough

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
lobcityhawaii wrote:
OregonLAA wrote:
Awful night of basketball. It happens. I'm not worried. We have to live with Vinny the rest of this year. I don't love it, but I'm not going to complain about it, especially every 3 posts. If we don't do it this year, we will get whoever CP3 wants next year to keep him happy and we will roll with that. No sense of complaining about Vinny. Deal with it and support the team. We have a good shot to do something great this year and that's all I care about

Agreed. I still believe we have a great shot this year of doing something special. We are inconsistent and need improvement but we've seen flashes of brilliance from this team!

finally a voice of reason. just need to start a streak on saturday

Yes let's start a new streak!

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4808
votes: 31

The fact that we beat the Spurs earlier means nothing. They were coasting. What wins in the PO's is a grind it out half court offense not a fast break team. The Spurs don't make a lot of mistakes. You can't rely on steals or forced turn overs. Even with Miami you can do this but not SA. They may take it all

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

@82-0, 1st point. ok u were here, spewing the same nonsense about wanting to fire a coach with only 26 games remaining. second point, watch your trolling and people wouldnt call you out about that. the premise of your argument was that u were tired of critics calling cp3 overrated because he struggled against these pg's. but this is not true for this season except for tonight. he also struggled in okc and in oakland versus the warriors when he was injured. another thing, his critics will criticize him more because hes a clipper. if you dont see that, then idk what i can tell you, except for learn to make valid arguments to support your viewpoints or u risk looking like a troll.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Those who continue to bash DJ, realize this. He was fed the ball 1, yes ONE time, and he converted on one of the 4 best shot blockers in the league, and was never given a chance to score again. You people are bashing him on his D, but should realize by now the problem is the defensive set. We have basically 3 defensive sets. The one we run most doesn't work against teams that shoot the 3 well. DJ wasn't the only getting caught out of position because that is how our d set is made.

We should have been going to him and blake constantly with players cutting. When they did post up, it was isos.

I'm not a DJ apologist by any means, but I cannot see where this somehow falls on him.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4808
votes: 31

Maybe this loss will make VDN learn something. He has to learn something to win in the PO's We could defend nothing and we had no offense. When have you seen SAS do this? Duncan was out over 50% of the time.

Griffinforpresident
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 234
votes: 2

It's only the first game after the all-star game. I'm sure most of the players got lazy during the break or didn't work on their game. Plus, it didn't help that they had such a long layoff (6 days!!!). If the Clips come out flat again on Saturday, I will blame the sluggish start on CP3. It's only fitting that if he gets the credit when they're winning, it would be fair that he receives the criticism when they're losing rather than blaming VDN.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4808
votes: 31

They shut us down. Who else has done that? We couldn't stop them. I'm not a complainer but this waves huge red flags.

It is said that only the PO's matter . This is not playoff basketball. SAS's play was

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

Exactly. No other coach in the league gets less credit for winning or more blame for losing.

Chris Paul could have asked for ANY available coach he wanted last summer and they extended Vinny. That should tell people all they need to know.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Miami pretty much beat us down. But it was Paul's first game back. I don't think this waves red flags yet. Lets see how we respond to this. After Miami we won 4 straight.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

any quotes from chris paul after tonights game? i'm really interested in what he had to say

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

A very poor start to the last stretch but we still 25 more games till playoffs. We can get this together!

Phu7
Clipper Starter
Posts: 462
votes: 4

Disappointing. Just cant seem to close out on the shooters. Blake not having any confidence in his shot, spurs were basically giving him the shot at the ft line and he didnt even looked at the basket. Blake played hard though, hats off to him there. Cp3 owned by tp Sad

Spurs @ warriors tomorrow, warriors having difficulty guarding the 3 as well. Spurs should blow them out too

Griffinforpresident
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 234
votes: 2

God, I can't stand Barkley anymore. When the Clips were losing big at halftime, he had that smug look as in, "I told you so." Then, after the game, he says that the ones to fear in the West are the Spurs, Thunder, Memphis....and the Nuggets??!?

I think Barkley is mad that the Clips beat the Grizzlies last year in the playoffs, that's why he's become such a hater. That's okay, Chuck. I've never liked you either which was why I was glad Jordan prevented you from winning any championships. Stick to what you do best, which is eating. I'm never gonna watch any halftime or postgame show.

82-0
Posts: 1360
votes: 3

Golden State, Toronto, Miami...

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

I hate the spurs! I wish the warriors and spurs play quadruple overtime and end in a tie! It would be better if both teams could lose!

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Vinny doesn't trust his players or make timely adjustments.

Splitter was so raw coming into the league and Pop has made him into a player.

Vinny gets credit for helping this team break all sorts of regular season records...no cares about that now.

The Critics are telling you when they comment about the lack of ball movement, timeouts, players on the bench that might get disgruntled because we are losing and they are still sitting on the bench that the coaching might not be where it should.

The players were really flat, but all of these comments tonite point to one person and one person only.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Vinny doesn't trust his players or make timely adjustments.

Splitter was so raw coming into the league and Pop has made him into a player.

Vinny gets credit for helping this team break all sorts of regular season records...no one cares about that now.

The Critics are telling you when they comment about the lack of ball movement, timeouts, players on the bench that might get disgruntled because we are losing and they are still sitting on the bench that the coaching might not be where it should.

The players were really flat, but all of these comments tonite point to one person and one person only

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

"The players were really flat" but that "points to one person and one person only".

Makes sense roll

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

82-0 wrote:
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
They shut us down. Who else has done that?

Golden State, Toronto, Miami...

For fun, Who shut the spurs down? Clippers and New York.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
The players were really flat, but all of these comments tonite point to one person and one person only.

"The players were really flat" but that "points to one person and one person only".

Makes sense roll

Yeah, it does unless you take it out of context. "all these comments", don't act as if you didn't understand.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

lobcityhawaii wrote:
82-0 wrote:
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
They shut us down. Who else has done that?

Golden State, Toronto, Miami...

For fun, Who shut the spurs down? Clippers and New York.

That IS funny.

People are acting like we didn't already handle the Spurs... twice.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Don't worry about chuck. He is wrong quite often. Even laker fans hate him. Lets just prove him wrong and do well in the playoffs!

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
The players were really flat, but all of these comments tonite point to one person and one person only.

"The players were really flat" but that "points to one person and one person only".

Makes sense roll

Yeah, it does unless you take it out of context. "all these comments", don't act as if you didn't understand.

Well, I've also seen comments apportioning blame to everyone from DJ to CP3. Just because the Vinny-haters are the most obnoxiously repetitive doesn't make theirs the only opinion.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Well, in case you didn't know, I was talking about the comments by the TNT staff.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

Well, I've also seen comments apportioning blame to everyone from DJ to CP3. Just because the Vinny-haters are the most obnoxiously repetitive doesn't make theirs the only opinion.

Well, in case you didn't know, I was talking about the comments by the TNT staff.

And during the game, they were talking about how Popovich actually defends Vinny against his critics. I'll take his opinion over ringless ex-players.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Our 3pt defense got better after the first quarter. I think the Spurs only made one or two on 6 attempts. But Pop is a genius and adjusted. He knew the Clippers were closing out on any 3pt shooter so he went for inside-the-paint points. That just tells you that there is no way to beat the Spurs unless your offense is clicking to outgun and outlast them.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

Well, I've also seen comments apportioning blame to everyone from DJ to CP3. Just because the Vinny-haters are the most obnoxiously repetitive doesn't make theirs the only opinion.

Well, in case you didn't know, I was talking about the comments by the TNT staff.

And during the game, they were talking about how Popovich actually defends Vinny against his critics. I'll take his opinion over ringless ex-players.

So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

slestack11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1062
votes: 6

I know...why does Charles Barkley A) hate the Clippers so much? and B) loves the Memphis Grizzlies so much? The Clippers beat them in the playoffs last year and whooped on them when they met this year. If he wants to hate on the Clippers, that's one thing, but why push the Grizzlies as a legit team when it's clear that the Clippers will whoop them any time any place.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

As good as Popovich and the spurs are, they haven't reached the finals since 2007! And many of those years they had high seeded teams cause they were great in the reg season. They even lost to the low seeded grizz one year!

All those years that popovich lost, the spurs had the better coach of the 2 teams.

Even with vinny, we can beat the spurs. Lets see how this season plays out.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Oh, by his standards, this Clipper team "is soft as tissue", even after we beat the 'Grits and Grime'(LoL) team he loves so much.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

It's not about winning, as I stated early, it's how you adjust as a coach. At least makes some changes. If you as a coach think like this mid-game then how can you expect yours players to think differently.

The only adjustment I saw was Vinny going small to counter the spurs going small...he tried, it didn't work. Try something else. It was clear we wan't going to get back in taking a buch of jumpers. Beat them inside, or at least make the game more physical. Maybe they get tired and stop shooting at such a high clip.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

It would have made some difference but we probably still would have lost by double digits cause we didn't bring it and we were totally off, out of rhythm.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

lobcityhawaii wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

It would have made some difference but we probably still would have lost by double digits cause we didn't bring it and we were totally off, out of rhythm.

Yeah, we beat them by 22, they beat us by 26... so I guess we're spotting them 4 points for their better coach when everybody actually comes to play.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Lol. Good one cleepers. I'm disappointed about this game but realize there arei 25 reg season games to play. Lets start a streak and build momentum to the playoffs!

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Too bad we will be spotting them at the end of the season and probably the playoffs

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

"Better" Really? lol

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

I'm not saying he had a great game, but he tried what he could... he tried putting Hill on Parker, no good... he bawled out the players at half time to be more physical, no good - the refs wouldn't have it.

I agree that we should have been going inside... that's our strength against this team, but whenever we did they smothered Blake and recovered brilliantly when he kicked it out. Our guys weren't moving the ball. I heard Vinny screaming "swing it", but they were either snatching quick shots or taking a dribble step in and bricking.

Where were DJ's putbacks? There's no way that this team is going to use him as a first option, so those follow dunks ARE his offense. The guy had one rebound and everybody knows that rebounding is all about effort. With his length and athleticism, he should have owned the boards tonight.

Getting beaten on the boards against the Spurs is inexcusable for this team.

We have a fantastic team when they're dialed-in... and I credit the players mostly because we, like most teams, don't have a game-changer of a coach. But when the players are playing at walking pace against championship-caliber teams out for revenge for being spanked, there's not much ANY coach can do.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
So you are okay with the coaching in this game?

I don't think us having a "better" coach would have made a jot of difference. The Spurs came to play and we didn't. Popovich himself couldn't have won under those circumstances... just like when HIS guys didn't show up back in November.

"Better" Really? lol

Yes, really. You can either judge a coach on opinion or on results. Neither is very fair because opinion is subjective and results don't tell the whole story either.

If we only went on results, then Vinny is better than Adelman and Karl this year.

So yes... "better"

Smart-arse.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:

I'm not saying he had a great game, but he tried what he could... he tried putting Hill on Parker, no good... he bawled out the players at half time to be more physical, no good - the refs wouldn't have it.

Don't really agree but okay

Quote:
Where were DJ's putbacks? There's no way that this team is going to use him as a first option, so those follow dunks ARE his offense. The guy had one rebound and everybody knows that rebounding is all about effort. With his length and athleticism, he should have owned the boards tonight.

Getting beaten on the boards against the Spurs is inexcusable for this team.

Why couln't he be the first option? Is there some rule, like you have to shorten your rotations during the POs that you cannot go to Jordan if he has a clear advantage? I think you see where this is going.

DJ wasn't in position to get rebounds because we help entirely too much on dribble penetrations, the same reason all those backdoor cuts were open on every defender.

You go with the hot hand, but mostly if you have a deep bench, and the starters are not getting it done...please change your rotations. I can guarantee that Pops would have let his starters lose the game from the bench...I've seen him do it so many times.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

No we are going on the fact that Pop is a bonifide Hall of Fame coach with multiple "rings"...Dumb "arse"

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

Yeah, we beat them by 22, they beat us by 26... so I guess we're spotting them 4 points for their better coach when everybody actually comes to play.

Too bad we will be spotting them at the end of the season and probably the playoffs

Got a crystal ball now, have you?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

So yes... "better"

Smart-arse.

No we are going on the fact that Pop is a bonifide Hall of Fame coach with multiple "rings"...Dumb "arse"

Who the f*ck is talking about Pop?

I said: "If we had a "better" coach..." meaning "better" than Vinny!

Everyone knows Pop is the best in the game.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

So yes... "better"

Smart-arse.

No we are going on the fact that Pop is a bonifide Hall of Fame coach with multiple "rings"...Dumb "arse"

Who the f*ck is talking about Pop?

I said: "If we had a "better" coach..." meaning "better" than Vinny!

Everyone knows Pop is the best in the game.

Well I misread your post my bad

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

So yes... "better"

Smart-arse.

No we are going on the fact that Pop is a bonifide Hall of Fame coach with multiple "rings"...Dumb "arse"

Who the f*ck is talking about Pop?

I said: "If we had a "better" coach..." meaning "better" than Vinny!

Everyone knows Pop is the best in the game.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

On the offensive side, DJ needs to be like a chandler, tipping balls out, getting put backs, 2nd chance points, etc, since no plays are really run for him. He needs to fight for position on the weak side. That's what he needs to do on offense to be effective. He's definitely long and athletic enough to do so. If chandler and javle McGee can, he should be able to also. We see some games DJ do it.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Kerr Thinks Lamarcus Aldrige Is Better Than Blake Griffin

→ Clippers Vs. Jazz 02-23-13 Official Game Thread

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!