Clippers Vs. Spurs 02-21-13 Official Game Thread (P. 8)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

You want to make DJ, the worst offensive player on the team the #1 option on offense and you're criticizing the coach?

'nuff said.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
Why couln't he be the first option? Is there some rule, like you have to shorten your rotations during the POs that you cannot go to Jordan if he has a clear advantage? I think you see where this is going.

You want to make DJ, the worst offensive player on the team the #1 option on offense and you're criticizing the coach?

'nuff said.

Lol. Like I said earlier, he should play like chandler and McGee on offense.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

lobcityhawaii wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
Why couln't he be the first option? Is there some rule, like you have to shorten your rotations during the POs that you cannot go to Jordan if he has a clear advantage? I think you see where this is going.

You want to make DJ, the worst offensive player on the team the #1 option on offense and you're criticizing the coach?

'nuff said.

Lol. Like I said earlier, he should play like chandler and McGee on offense.

Totally agree. Bonehead plays notwithstanding, I WISH we had McGee!

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
Why couln't he be the first option? Is there some rule, like you have to shorten your rotations during the POs that you cannot go to Jordan if he has a clear advantage? I think you see where this is going.

You want to make DJ, the worst offensive player on the team the #1 option on offense and you're criticizing the coach?

'nuff said.

Gee, that sound like...a contradiction!

Was he the worst tonite?

Who has the highest fg% on the team?

And you are really making this argument after he only had one shot? I mean if you just want to be right then I will leave you at it, but come on man...even you don't think maybe that play could have been tried a bit more?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Coaching was horrible...like the TNT commentators saw, and we saw no matter what you say IMO. You can have yours.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
Why couln't he be the first option? Is there some rule, like you have to shorten your rotations during the POs that you cannot go to Jordan if he has a clear advantage? I think you see where this is going.

You want to make DJ, the worst offensive player on the team the #1 option on offense and you're criticizing the coach?

'nuff said.

Gee, that sound like...a contradiction!

Was he the worst tonite?

Who has the highest fg% on the team?

And you are really making this argument after he only had one shot? I mean if you just want to be right then I will leave you at it, but come on man...even you don't think maybe that play could have been tried a bit more?

He has the best FG% on the team because we DON'T run plays for him. He gets his buckets on lobs and putbacks.

He was assisted on 65% of his made shots this season... and how many more are just tip-ins?

Those numbers don't say "post-player extraordinaire" to me.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Says you...you do realize that 35% of his plays are not assisted? What was his % tonite...it's a simple question...I know (not so) common sense might allude you right now, but can you just answer the question?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:

He has the best FG% on the team because we DON'T run plays for him. He gets his buckets on lobs and putbacks.

He is assisted on 65% of his made shots this season... and how many more are just tip-ins?

Those numbers don't say "post-player extraordinaire" to me.

Says you...you do realize that 35% of his plays are not assisted? What was his % tonite...it's a simple question...I know (not so) common sense might allude you right now, but can you just answer the question?

Those 35% are almost all putbacks, and they were absent tonight. DJ is NOT a skilled post player. And you're ignoring the fact that even if DJ was beasting down low, Pop just would have hacked him anyway.

Yes, DJ shot 100% tonight on a whopping 1 shot. Maybe if he'd made an effort to grab more than ZERO offensive rebounds, he might have shot 100% on 4 or 5 shots.

Oh, and the word you were looking for is "elude", not "allude", so you can quit the smart-arse attitude until you have the vocabulary and comprehension skills to back it up.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Contradiction!

You do realize a tip in is a putback right?

You are really reaching now saying 35% of his points are on putbacks.

I'm going to end this now on my end as long as there is no real disrespect to my lack of intellect.

That ish is weak.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

^ You don't get it...

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = mostly putbacks/tip-ins (yes, they're the same thing)

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I mispelled a word. I was wrong. See, easy.

You called me a smart-arse. I never said I was smart or a smart-arse for that matter.

Just because I don't agree with your argument and I make points that I think a salient(did I spell that right?) doesn't mean I think I am smart or smarter than you. On the contrary. I think you are very smart, which is probably the only reason that I would have such a long discourse with you.

don't be offended, but we share didn't views.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = made up

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15217
votes: 89

Dimes 10 percent of DJ's points MAX are unassisted scoring buckets in the post. It's a fact that it's pretty much all assisted, wide open lobs and dunks or tip ins. Basically he sucks. We really should have pursued Kzg harder. Would hatr to be stuck with DJ for 3 more years.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
^ You don't get it...

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = mostly putbacks/tip-ins (yes, they're the same thing)

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = made up

65 + 35 = 100 which would mean DJ hasn't made an unassited play or tip in this season.

Who do you thinnk you are dealing with?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Those are not facts. These are arbitrary numbers pulled out of the air.

You are still missing the point. DJ has show that he can become a threat in the post. If you don't believe that then you are saying that his improvement this season is a fluke. Stop with the DJ bashing. Again, he is not the reason we lost this game.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15217
votes: 89

Early in the season he looked great. Too bad he's mentally soft as Kwame or Dwight and regressed.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

OptimusDimes wrote:
65 + 35 = 100 which would mean DJ hasn't made an unassited play or tip in this season.

Who do you thinnk you are dealing with?

cleepers wrote:

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = mostly putbacks/tip-ins (yes, they're the same thing)

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

And I guess Kaman was mentally tough huh?

DJ needs to be featured in the second unit, and plays need to be run for him and bled so they can develop, that is the only way we see what they are really capable of. Right now, they are not being used properly. I'm not saying they are allstars, but I think they are better than what we are seeing.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
65 + 35 = 100 which would mean DJ hasn't made an unassited play or tip in this season.

Who do you thinnk you are dealing with?

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = mostly putbacks/tip-ins (yes, they're the same thing)

How much is mostly understanding that most would be over 50%

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15217
votes: 89

Bro he gets paid 11 mill a year and you want him with the 2nd unit? He needs to find his balls and man the fu!! Up is what he needs to do. Play physical, play hard. Nobody is asking him to do anything crazy. Basic **** he's more than capable of doing but only does once every 10 games.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

He should be featured in the 2nd unit. Still start. That's all.

The fact of the matter is that it usually take Cs longer to develop, not all of them, but we knew DJ was a project coming in. He will develop, maybe not at the speed that some want him to, but he will. He will need a coach that believes in him, and I doubt that is Vinny.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
65 + 35 = 100 which would mean DJ hasn't made an unassited play or tip in this season.

Who do you thinnk you are dealing with?

65% assisted = lobs

35% unassisted = mostly putbacks/tip-ins (yes, they're the same thing)

How much is mostly understanding that most would be over 50%

Those dunks sure help his FG% huh?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

You proved what exactly?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

^ That the less he is assisted, the worse he is. Look at the jumpshot numbers. He's only assisted on 25% of them and he only hits 18%,

The dunks, he's assisted 77% of the time and he makes 88% of them.

When he's creating his own shot, he sucks.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

DJ has definitely improved his post game. No question. I don't think its enough to be a feature on offense though. Not reliable enough. Maybe in the future.

What he hasn't improved is his FT shooting. He's still terrible. He needs to learn to help in other ways such as offensive rebounding. He's not the main reason we lost tonight but he's definitely one who payed junker then usual or then he's supposed to. Lots are to blame for tonight's loss.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

How bout you show the % unassisted so we can see if the 35% mostly is true.

Btw I am looking at them.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Lol

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
^ That the less he is assisted, the worse he is. Look at the jumpshot numbers. He's only assisted on 25% of them and he only hits 18%,

The dunks, he's assisted 77% of the time and he makes 88% of them.

When he's creating his own shot, he sucks.

How bout you show the % unassisted so we can see if the 35% mostly is true.

Btw I am looking at them.

How about you show me how DJ stacks up against the league's better post players since you're convinced he's so good on the block.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

I don't get it?

How true was this statement?

How many of his shots are tip ins?

How many are inside/post shots and what percentage of shot does he shoot the most and make the most?

Keep digging.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

cleepers wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
cleepers wrote:
^ That the less he is assisted, the worse he is. Look at the jumpshot numbers. He's only assisted on 25% of them and he only hits 18%,

The dunks, he's assisted 77% of the time and he makes 88% of them.

When he's creating his own shot, he sucks.

How bout you show the % unassisted so we can see if the 35% mostly is true.

Btw I am looking at them.

How about you show me how DJ stacks up against the league's better post players?

How bout we play a gaime of tic tac toe?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

^ Well, you're the one claiming he's a great post presence.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Never said that, try again.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

Scared to post your numbers?

You're the one who wants DJ to be the "first option"... show me why you think he should be.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

"Thank you come again" in East Indian accent.

Yes...I am sooo scared. lol

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

^ Stalling until DJ gets a post game?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

"Thank you come again"

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

2 "Thank you come again"

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

3 "Thank you come again"

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

4 "Thank you come again"

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

5 "Thank you come again"

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

^ Spamming. The last resort of the desperate.

1 rebound. Lack of effort. Even if he WAS a great post player, he doesn't deserve to have the offense run through him.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Why are you trying to change the subject? You posted the number we were debating about. All this other stuff you are trying to put in the discussion is null. I made my point(well, you made it for me) and now you don't want to admit you are wrong.

I'm done with this discussion...and..."Thank you come again".

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

You're a joke... the whole conversation began with you asking the question "Why couldn't DJ be the first option?" and I called him our worst offensive player and you brought up his FG%.

If you think DJ on the block could be our number one offensive option...

Show us why.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

OK your right I'm wrong...bye now.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8748

us.gif
votes: 108

G'night, dude.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

[quote="slestack11"]

I know...why does Charles Barkley A) hate the Clippers so much? and B) loves the Memphis Grizzlies so much? The Clippers beat them in the playoffs last year and whooped on them when they met this year. If he wants to hate on the Clippers, that's one thing, but why push the Grizzlies as a legit team when it's clear that the Clippers will whoop them any time any place.[/quote

hes mad cuz he probably lost money betting on the grizzlies. lol. hes a hater cuz he sees the clips can probably do what he couldnt do and that is to win a title.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4699
votes: 31

People are saying things that are not mutually exclusive. Pop is a genius. That doesn't mean VDN is awful. Pop out coached us. Pop has played with Parker, Manu and Tim for years. Pop has coached for years and has Championship experience and has coached a lot of great players. VDN is not a newbie but a Journeyman. Pop is a master. VDN will have to grow with the team. Age and trickery will beat youth and strength every time.

VDN is OK and he's coached a new team this year. Last yr was a different squad. Pop could win a ring with this team. Expecting to win a ring this year is a pipe dream Ricky Davis style. It takes a couple of years.

The only coach I'd take is Sloane

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5129
votes: 29

This is pretty much the way the Spurs played late last year and the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. If they had continued to play like this, they'd have won another championship. Problem is, they couldn't sustain it for 3 straight rounds. It relies too much on Parker being on fire from mid-range. OKC didn't really beat them per se. The Spurs were actually missing shots against OKC that they were making with regularity against their first two opponents.

The moment they lose one game in the playoffs, they will fall back down to earth again.

lacsmoove
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
votes: 7

I think we have to stop hanging all of our internal feelings on each game (or loss) We still have a long way to go until the PO's. Best statement of the night was by Popovich himself. He said after the game that the spurs were'nt that good and the Clips weren't that bad. It was there first game in a week.

Look after all the trade talk hoopla, a long layoff etc. I kinda expected this type of performance. Again, we still have a long way to go.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

I just hate that in a big game like this they choked and gave endless folder for the Barkleys as baylesses of the world who aren't aol on the clippers. Oh and the fact that people paid to see a show and got squat

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Kerr Thinks Lamarcus Aldrige Is Better Than Blake Griffin

→ Clippers Vs. Jazz 02-23-13 Official Game Thread

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!