Grizzlies @ Clippers 7:30 Pm PST Game Thread (P. 9)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Griffinforpresident
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 230
votes: 2

Clippersfan86 wrote:
crashANDburn wrote:
Please explain to me why Jordan is getting 20 minutes while odom is getting 29!!! 10 mil for a guy who sits the entire 4th quarter???

Better question is why did we match GS's offer? DJ has become MAYBE our 7th or 8th best player despite being paid to be our 3rd. I might drive down to Figueroa hotel and burn down his banner myself.

It was to have Griffin sign that extension. By keeping his best friend, it would make him happy. "Now" that he's signed that extension, we could happily get rid of Jordan. We could package him with Bledsoe to acquire a really good piece. An upgrade at the 3 or especially the 2.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

Being the class-clown isn't going to cut it. If the team want a laugh, hire a f***** comedian to work the locker room.

I am so pissed at DJ.

david
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

cleepers wrote:
david wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
David we aren't "soft" innately but rather by choice. When we WANT to play physical we can hang with anybody. Problem is normally we CHOOSE to play soft.

I saw a very physical game by the Clippers out there. Jumpers didn't fall- and if you don't make at least 1/3 of your 3's against the Grizz, you're in trouble because those guys rebound well and they're going to go the other way on you after you miss. 6 for 26 is not going to cut it.

Also we had many days to prepare for this game- and the "preparation" really sucked ass like we never learned anything from last year.

I disagree. Our preparation looked excellent in the 1st Q. Although the defense wasn't great, we were scoring at will on the best defensive team in the league.

The preparation was excellent??? As I listed earlier- Pondexter getting so many open 3's from the corner, Prince blowing past people, and having DJ on Gasol instead of of Blake. I just don't think the team was as well prepared as it should have been.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

[quote="Clippersfan86"]"Asked around on DJ not playing and team was really unhappy with how he defended Gasol and his work on the glass."

  • Dan Woike

Good. I hope his teammates including Blake start holding his ass accountable.[/quote

it starts with BG. griffin needs to stop being the friend. he needs to speak his mind and push DJ much harder. if DJ gets butt hurt, so be it.

clipper321
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

Thats the problem... no one will hold him accountable. It all goes back to team culture from the top down. Do you think that this would fly with the Spurs? He wouldn't get any playing time.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15355
votes: 91

No player turns down their first contract extension, let alone an incredible 95 million dollar one. Blake cares about winning more than friendships I'm sure. Sure the locker room would miss DJ but not if we bring in a player who helps us win more games.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

Truth. His legacy is at stake over a stupid man-crush.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15355
votes: 91

clipper321 wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
"Asked around on DJ not playing and team was really unhappy with how he defended Gasol and his work on the glass."

  • Dan Woike

Good. I hope his teammates including Blake start holding his ass accountable.

Thats the problem... no one will hold him accountable. It all goes back to team culture from the top down. Do you think that this would fly with the Spurs? He wouldn't get any playing time.

Definitely true. Look at DeJuan Blair. VERY talented and hyped bench player/solid starter for a couple years, now lucky to play once every 10 games because Pop didn't like his attitude or fit on the team.

clipper321
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

[quote="bullterrierclipsfan1349"]

It is not in Griffin's nature to behave this way and our coach doesn't demand that type of respect.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

DJ had a poor game, but man Randolph was just manhandling Odom inside in the 4th. All Lamar could do was try to sell charges. And there were some key rebounds given up towards the end too. I definitely think that DJ should have gotten the call down the stretch to guard Z-Bo.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

Nah, Pondexter hit that one miracle 3 from behind the backboard early on. Prince blowing by was weak 'D' by Barnes, but where was our 'rim-protector'? Watching, that's where.

Our guys were lagging off shooters later on because they had no 2nd line of defense.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15355
votes: 91

David Odom got schooled in the 4th but he never stopped playing hard is why people aren't on him. He competed all game outside of a few lazy attempts on the glass. DJ on the other hand looks like he doesn't give a fu**.

clipper321
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

cleepers wrote:
david wrote:
The preparation was excellent??? As I listed earlier- Pondexter getting so many open 3's from the corner, Prince blowing past people, and having DJ on Gasol instead of of Blake. I just don't think the team was as well prepared as it should have been.

Nah, Pondexter hit that one miracle 3 from behind the backboard early on. Prince blowing by was weak 'D' by Barnes, but where was our 'rim-protector'? Watching, that's where.

Our guys were lagging off shooters later on because they had no 2nd line of defense.

I saw the same thing. How many times did Prince get by Barnes in that first quarter with NO help waiting?

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

So sad after a complete retool of our roster we are going to finish in 5th again! Blew too many games. Just feel so sad, I had ugh high hopes. Unless there is a big big change, I think we've reached the limit with this roster and coach

clippermitch
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1394
votes: 4

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
crashANDburn wrote:
Randolph ate Lamar up in the forth. At least deandre could grab a rebound.

Lamar can't shoot, rebound, or D up. Deandre isn't great but he couldn't possible do any

Worse than lam-lam...

idk. did u see DJ play tonight? that speaks volumes. odom actually put effort. DJ didnt.

This is why I hated getting rid of Reggie Evans. Dude is making the MINIMUM but he shuts down Zbo.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

cleepers wrote:
david wrote:
The preparation was excellent??? As I listed earlier- Pondexter getting so many open 3's from the corner, Prince blowing past people, and having DJ on Gasol instead of of Blake. I just don't think the team was as well prepared as it should have been.

Nah, Pondexter hit that one miracle 3 from behind the backboard early on. Prince blowing by was weak 'D' by Barnes, but where was our 'rim-protector'? Our guys were lagging off shooters later on because they had no 2nd line of defense.

Watching, that's where.

I agree DJ had a poor game, but sounds like you're pinning too much on him. Yeah he's watching- from the bench for over half the game and in the 4th quarter when we got beasted inside the last 6 minutes of the game. We cut it to 3, and DJ loses it for us I suppose down the stretch from the bench?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

Totally agree. Odom pretty much sucked, but not because of lack of effort.

DJ on the other hand looks like he feels he has a right to be out there just because of the size of his contract.

Just because he's this week's "twitter-darling" doesn't make him an elite player. Somebody needs to tell him he hasn't achieved sh!t yet... preferably Blake.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Agree. For how athletic, long, and quick he is, he shouldn't allow gasol to score that much. And only 2 Rebs?

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

I'm not knocking Lamar at all- he played a solid game overall. I mean Z-Bo is a monster down low- you need length on him. Lamar simply is not long enough or strong enough to handle him.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

One play stood out for DJ playing well on defense. His block shot of Randolph.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

lobcityhawaii wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
"Asked around on DJ not playing and team was really unhappy with how he defended Gasol and his work on the glass."

  • Dan Woike

Good. I hope his teammates including Blake start holding his ass accountable.

Agree. For how athletic, long, and quick he is, he shouldn't allow gasol to score that much. And only 2 Rebs?

Not to excuse DJ, but Gasol is a bad matchup for him. Crafty centers are bad match ups for DJ. Guys who like to bang and post up, DJ would do much better against.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

The game was already lost regardless of the score. Even Ralph and Mike said that no Clipper player had the look that they could win down the stretch. No coach in their right mind would have put in a center who hadn't shown ANY effort, so we were forced to play an aging vet on an off-night.

For me, 90% of this loss is on DJ's lack of effort and bad officiating. The other 10% is on Vinny taking about 2 minutes too long to bring back our horses, Jamal being off and the injuries.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

@clippermitch, reggie evans is not making the minimum. hes making close to 2 million dollars per year for the next 2 seasons. and we had beaten the grizzlies without him this season. in fact, i dont think ZBO killed us. it was prince, gasol and conley.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

To bring up something different, if Crawford was in rhythm, we would have won. We've seen him do that against anyone, regardless if a good defender is guarding him.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

Depending on crawford is dangerous

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^agreed. but if's dont change the fact that we lost. i guess its on to the kings on sunday and payback in memphis next week. time for the clips to close out strong

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

He gave up too many shots. His biggest strength (and weakness) is that he never met a shot he didn't like. Tonight he overthought things.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Agree we shouldn't depend on him being on fire. But what about just an average offensive game?

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Knicks on Sunday. Yes let's finish this season strong!

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

What does Beating Knicks prove? They are clippers east. I doubt other teams are afraid of is anymore

LobAngelesBlakers
Clipper Starter
Posts: 761

us.gif
votes: 6

strong join date

david
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

cleepers wrote:
david wrote:
I agree DJ had a poor game, but sounds like you're pinning too much on him. Yeah he's watching- from the bench for over half the game and in the 4th quarter when we got beasted inside the last 6 minutes of the game. We cut it to 3, and DJ loses it for us I suppose down the stretch from the bench?

The game was already lost regardless of the score. Even Ralph and Mike said that no Clipper player had the look that they could win down the stretch. No coach in their right mind would have put in a center who hadn't shown ANY effort, so we were forced to play an aging vet on an off-night.

For me, 90% of this loss is on DJ's lack of effort and bad officiating. The other 10% is on Vinny taking about 2 minutes too long to bring back our horses, Jamal being off and the injuries.

The game was lost when we were down by 3 midway through the 4th? I don't think so. I think CP3 and the rest of the Clipper players would not believe that either. Pinning so much of the loss on a guy who only played 20 minutes doesn't sound very fair.

Jamal's bricking and then not even wanting to shoot in the 4th was probably the biggest factor. 2 points in 32 minutes from a guy we rely on so much??? No Caron, No E-Bled also hurt of course. And the preparation should have been better.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4056

us.gif
votes: 46

This game really doesn't mean anything when it comes down to what team is superior. We didn't have Bled or Caron, I really like our chances with them. On the other hand we should never lose a home game EVER!

LobAngelesBlakers
Clipper Starter
Posts: 761

us.gif
votes: 6

lobcityhawaii wrote:
Letsgetthew wrote:
Depending on crawford is dangerous

Agree we shouldn't depend on him being on fire. But what about just an average offensive game?

he shot 1-10 tonight, even on his worse nights, he is still better than 10%. if he would have shot 30% who knows how the game would have looked.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Doesn't prove anything. But we need to win those games.

On a side note, if you guys have 0 hope for this team, you guys shouldn't get mad from this point going forward when we lose to top playoffs teams. In your eyes, we were supposed to lose anyways since we aren't that good.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

david wrote:
cleepers wrote:
david wrote:
I agree DJ had a poor game, but sounds like you're pinning too much on him. Yeah he's watching- from the bench for over half the game and in the 4th quarter when we got beasted inside the last 6 minutes of the game. We cut it to 3, and DJ loses it for us I suppose down the stretch from the bench?

The game was already lost regardless of the score. Even Ralph and Mike said that no Clipper player had the look that they could win down the stretch. No coach in their right mind would have put in a center who hadn't shown ANY effort, so we were forced to play an aging vet on an off-night.

For me, 90% of this loss is on DJ's lack of effort and bad officiating. The other 10% is on Vinny taking about 2 minutes too long to bring back our horses, Jamal being off and the injuries.

The game was lost when we were down by 3 midway through the 4th? I don't think so. I think CP3 and the rest of the Clipper players would not believe that either. Pinning so much of the loss on a guy who only played 20 minutes doesn't sound very fair.

Jamal's bricking and then not even wanting to shoot in the 4th was probably the biggest factor. 2 points in 32 minutes from a guy we rely on so much??? No Caron, No E-Bled also hurt of course. And the preparation should have been better.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I saw fantastic offense early on that should have gotten us a substantial lead.

It gets old fast when your 'defensive anchor' can't protect the rim from an anorexic small forward and just watches him dunk. That's enough to drag morale down.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

LobAngelesBlakers wrote:
lobcityhawaii wrote:
Letsgetthew wrote:
Depending on crawford is dangerous

Agree we shouldn't depend on him being on fire. But what about just an average offensive game?

he shot 1-10 tonight, even on his worse nights, he is still better than 10%. if he would have shot 30% who knows how the game would have looked.

Agree, exactly my point.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

just got back from the game and i wish i never went. the team wasn't playing with no heart and basically got bullied around by the grizzles. they had too many easy lay ups and of course three point shots. by any chance, does anyone have a recording of the clipper live after tonights game? i started a lakers suck chant and im very interested in seeing it lol

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1739
votes: 17

^Technically even if he shot 30% (3-10) that would only be 4-6 more points which still wouldnt have won us the game. unless that got him to shoot more in the 4th and continue that 30% haha

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

I was watching that and heard the chant! That made me smile. That was the best thing I watched tonight cause the game obviously sucked.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

I'm upset because the first half of the season raised my hopes that we can truly contend. But what I see now is we can't. The players don't seem to believe in themselves either or believe we can be a powerhouse. They beat up on lotto teams and bang their chests and roll over for good teams. I'm upset because we have seen what they are capable of, but they have stopped growing now for a while and I can't even feel confident that our closer will close

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8593
votes: 42

Just took a look at your post history. You're not a Clipper fan, are you? You know what that means....

BACON
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1367
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif
votes: 5

As the Lakers slowly get it together and start winning when it counts, here come OUR Clippers fallingl apart right in front of OUR eyes when we need the wins most. Very frustrating and embarrassing. Do we have a right to be mad? Or am I gonna be accused of being negative and pessimistic?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

Playoff basketball is a different animal. We had 2 bad stretches last year... one of them at the very end of the reg. season. We still beat the odds by winning a series on the road and we happened to run into an unbeaten juggernaut while we were severely banged up in round 2.

You can either chill out or join the Charles Barkley fan club. Games aren't played on paper.

CP3 goes hulk in the playoffs and Blake is starting to look like a true superstar in the post. I'm not counting us out yet.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

I am a Fan I'm just bummed. I'm also not a million years old so I would be newer to this place. Please don't call me a troll for expressing disappointment. We have a ton if talent and have played great this year but year lat few months the attitude, effort and body language has been bad. I'm just upset, I hope we can turn it around.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8997

us.gif
votes: 116

david wrote:
Letsgetthew wrote:
I'm upset because the first half of the season raised my hopes that we can truly contend. But what I see now is we can't. The players don't seem to believe in themselves either or believe we can be a powerhouse. They beat up on lotto teams and bang their chests and roll over for good teams. I'm upset because we have seen what they are capable of, but they have stopped growing now for a while and I can't even feel confident that our closer will close

Just took a look at your post history. You're not a Clipper fan, are you? You know what that means....

Good lookin' out.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

It's ridiculous that you express disappointment and are accused of not being a fan. Why would I go to every game if I wasn't a fan? I'm an emotional sports fan

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Everyone should be mad and disappointed after this performance. But if you have 0 faith that we will get it going by playoff time, it's hard to justify getting mad in the future if we lose to top teams again. I still have hope that we can and will get better.

We've taken a lot of big punches but we're not ko'd yet!

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Lakers lost by the way today. More importantly Kobe injured his ankle. Not sure how bad it is.

Letsgetthew
Posts: 178
votes: 0

Kobe tends to play injured, but they are screwed without him. Really hate lakers, hope they to back under 500

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clippers Vs Pistons 3-10-2013 Official Game Thread

→ Clippers Vs Knicks 3-17-2013 Official Game Thread

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!