Clippers vs. Sacramento Kings Official Game Thread 3-19-13 (P. 7)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

Cp3 isn't going anywhere

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

d20 wrote:
clippermitch wrote:
Denver is playing lights out right now. They'll probably get the 3rd seed. The key is to get the 4th seed with homecourt vs Memphis.

If we all think about it, a series vs the Warriors would be tough with all of their shooters. Memphis is a team we're familiar with and they don't really shoot the 3 ball well.

It may be a blessing in disguise.

Yeah I like this, was thinkin the same thing. Only problem is if we beat them in the series, then what......

we wont beat memphis if we play the way we played them on Wed.

A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper Starter
Posts: 725
votes: 5

Grillinnap wrote:
ClipperDodger1214 wrote:
Anyone defending VDN is clearly a homer. Same crap every game and it never changes.

Very frustrating.

Haven't you heard? He won coach of the month in December! And according to the homers here, this is the kind of arse kicking we need heading into the playoffs!

Um, haven't we already have a few good arse kickings already. There's nothing more in the NBA that defines "pretenders" like the Clippers right now. "We need Bledsoe, we need, this, we need that". It doesn't matter. The Clippers are now a glorified version of the Warriors, Rockets, and Jazz. The Clippers are not getting it done when it counts. The Spurs, Thunder, Nuggets, Grizzlies, and even the Lakers are getting it done right now. Until the Clippers prove otherwise, those teams are better than us. So much for the 17 game winning streak, the wins against the top teams before 2013, being top 5 in defense and offense, having the deepest roster, and having the best record in the league at one point... I just hope the Clippers win 50 games at this point.

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4613

us.gif
votes: 11

Wow Blake 11 for 14 against the kings tonight.... Lets just go through Blake like we use to. Blake is a Beast

clippermitch
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1394
votes: 4

d20 wrote:
clippermitch wrote:
Denver is playing lights out right now. They'll probably get the 3rd seed. The key is to get the 4th seed with homecourt vs Memphis.

If we all think about it, a series vs the Warriors would be tough with all of their shooters. Memphis is a team we're familiar with and they don't really shoot the 3 ball well.

It may be a blessing in disguise.

Yeah I like this, was thinkin the same thing. Only problem is if we beat them in the series, then what......

Just hope CP and Blake are healthy and take our chances vs San Antonio.

phaded21
Clipper Starter
Posts: 420
Location: South Central LA
votes: 0

Truth is, we have a team full of gamblers. Good gamblers, but our 3 point defense suffers. We lead the league in forcing turnovers because we have defenders that cheat off their man in hopes of swiping or intercepting the ball, and that leads to their man being open. Teams swing the ball and get open looks.

The Spurs have a solid 3 point defensive team, but that's because they are position defenders. They don't reach in, nor do they try to cheat off their man. They are very disciplined and we are not. This could potentially eliminate us in the first round of the playoffs.

We can't defend the 3 point line if we continue to cheat off our man.

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

whats the latest on chauncey

Agent0
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4835
votes: 45

What I'm saying is that Bledsoe can only guard one guy, so the other team just has to find the other guy that he isn't guarding and well, Clippers don't know what to do if a team has multiple 3PT shooters, there's no defensive instructions for that one

fattner
Posts: 1124
Location: California
votes: 1

Omg when they interview VDN , he sounds like he is asleep !! show some life and heart vinny f me !!!

TheDude
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2722

wz.gif
votes: 31

Can we put to rest the DJ needs to play in the 4th quarter thing? That was embarrassing. He's in there for 90 seconds and that was enough momentum for them to win.

Terrible loss.

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

A7XDreamTheaterClipps wrote:
Grillinnap wrote:
ClipperDodger1214 wrote:
Anyone defending VDN is clearly a homer. Same crap every game and it never changes.

Very frustrating.

Haven't you heard? He won coach of the month in December! And according to the homers here, this is the kind of arse kicking we need heading into the playoffs!

Um, haven't we already have a few good arse kickings already. There's nothing more in the NBA that defines "pretenders" like the Clippers right now. "We need Bledsoe, we need, this, we need that". It doesn't matter. The Clippers are now a glorified version of the Warriors, Rockets, and Jazz. The Clippers are not getting it done when it counts. The Spurs, Thunder, Nuggets, Grizzlies, and even the Lakers are getting it done right now. Until the Clippers prove otherwise, those teams are better than us. So much for the 17 game winning streak, the wins against the top teams before 2013, being top 5 in defense and offense, having the deepest roster, and having the best record in the league at one point... I just hope the Clippers win 50 games at this point.

But, but, we're having the best season in Clippers history!

Agent0
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4835
votes: 45

Paul for example will take some chances in off ball defense, but the Hornets teams he was on were 23rd (05-06) which was his rookie year, 13th (06-07), 6th (07-08 ), 8th (08-09), 18th (09-10) when he was injured for most, 12th (10-11) in opponent 3PT%.

Even when the defense was good this season, the 3PT defense wasn't good.

As a Clipper, 27th (11-12), 27th (12-13). Something else is going on.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

need to bring a vet PG in Paul wont last long like this.

tha_situation
Posts: 175
votes: 1

That was put to rest last year.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4145

us.gif
votes: 50

I'm so sick of Chris Paul right now. Does he think our team is good enough just to coast through 3 quarters? And don't give me this 15 assist mumbo jumbo, Blake is the heart and soul of this team and we will now only go as far as Blake takes us.

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

i have a feeling bob thate was talking to toney douglas during the game

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2155
votes: 21

Our last game of the season is against the Kings April 17th in Sacramento, I expect a HUGE win.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

this game has nothing to do with the refs or anything but it was really weird to see that they only handed out 1 technical which was to lamar for nothing. on the other hand, demarcus was crying the whole night, keith smart, and at one point it looked like marcus thornton was about to sock the referee in the face and he still didnt get a tech. btw, its sad how we all were laughing at the lakers when we were number 1 seed in the league at 1 point but now you look bad were only 3 spots ahead of which there only like 1 game away from the 6th seed.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9363
votes: 22

The defense has gone south. Ugh.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

tha_situation wrote:
TheDude wrote:
Can we put to rest the DJ needs to play in the 4th quarter thing? That was embarrassing. He's in there for 90 seconds and that was enough momentum for them to win.

Terrible loss.

That was put to rest last year.

What game were you guys watching not to mention Mike Smith already noted the Paul/Crawford/Barnes/Griffin/Jordan unit is the second best unit in the league by some stat but the simple fact when Odom lost his cool we were in a huge hole.

The unit then went on to cut the lead to two points. A difference this game was back when we used the unit before DJ would hit his late game shots at the line and going 1-4 was not a good night. That is still our best unit with the diverse roles.

The game was lost with the Grant Hill and Odom PF/C experiment.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9363
votes: 22

Icecoldclipper wrote:
tha_situation wrote:
TheDude wrote:
Can we put to rest the DJ needs to play in the 4th quarter thing? That was embarrassing. He's in there for 90 seconds and that was enough momentum for them to win.

Terrible loss.

That was put to rest last year.

What game were you guys watching not to mention Mike Smith already noted the Paul/Crawford/Barnes/Griffin/Jordan unit is the second best unit in the league by some stat but the simple fact when Odom lost his cool we were in a huge hole.

The unit then went on to cut the lead to two points. A difference this game was back when we used the unit before DJ would hit his late game shots at the line and going 1-4 was not a good night. That is still our best unit with the diverse roles.

The game was lost with the Grant Hill and Odom PF/C experiment.

Yep.

CLIPSET
Clipper Starter
Posts: 550
votes: 0

Tyreke Evans is a beast.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Everyone in the playoff picture is licking their chops. They can't wait to face us. Yes, even the Fakers.

Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

We don't want to face you guys lol

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

Yeah, DJ missed a few uncontested 1-point 15-foot shots, but he was the only guy on the team with a positive +/- (+13). Odom and Hill combined for 1-11 FG's and -33.

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_37

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2155
votes: 21

^ Yup I agree Cleepers, the Odom and Hills combo did not work out well for us tonight.

CLIPSET
Clipper Starter
Posts: 550
votes: 0

cleepers wrote:
Icecoldclipper wrote:
What game were you guys watching not to mention Mike Smith already noted the Paul/Crawford/Barnes/Griffin/Jordan unit is the second best unit in the league by some stat but the simple fact when Odom lost his cool we were in a huge hole.

The unit then went on to cut the lead to two points. A difference this game was back when we used the unit before DJ would hit his late game shots at the line and going 1-4 was not a good night. That is still our best unit with the diverse roles.

The game was lost with the Grant Hill and Odom PF/C experiment.

Yeah, DJ missed a few uncontested 1-point 15-foot shots, but he was the only guy on the team with a positive +/- (+13). Odom and Hill combined for 1-11 FG's and -33.

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_37

Did you set up that paypal account pal?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

Question

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2155
votes: 21

do you ever post anything with significance? Looking through your posts you don't sound like a Clipps fan

Btw, Tyreke Evans shot 4-13 tonight, I think you meant to say 'Marcus Thornton and Toney Douglas were ''beast'' tonight.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

Grant Hill just is not the same player from last year as far as being able to consistently being able to guard PF's. We need to kill the Hill/Odom combo and keep Hill as a SF maybe look to bump Butler at SG minutes up some to balance things. If things were still close under 2:00 minutes I would of hoped Vinny would of went back to the line with Griffin and Jordan because if a team is can't foul off ball our defense was so much better and the offense could still of been there with pick and rolls lobs and drive and kick.

Soon as Jordan went out the 3 ball came down and we needed to stay smaller to spread and shoot to catch up.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

for real though, i dont understand the fetish VDN has for odom? sure he might have a higher iq but i've been noticing the when lamar checks in the game we somehow get worst even though DJ makes stupid mistakes. at least give DJ more minutes when he's actually playing well. tonight i understand why vinny pulled him out because of the foul shooting but in general he takes him out too early and brings him back when theres like 2 minutes left. you can tell DJ hates vinny because everytime he pulls him out he's always yelling and cursing at the bench

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

Team will bounce back I want to avoid the Warriors in the first round and as long as we win the division and are top 4 I will be happy with the season. We can reload during the offseason and get a young SG.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

We are 7.5 games above the 6 seed. We would have to go 6-8 in our final 14 with GSW winning every single one of their remaining 13 games for them to pass us.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

Think its a mutual dislike. At first thought it was a love hate thing because they use to joke around with each other (see the 3 Vinny faces gif) but now it just looks like they are uncomfortable with each other. I understand Vinny pulling Jordan in the 4th if not hitting but he has hit late freethrows in games before so least give a chance for damn sure when Odom and Griffin are getting beat up inside.

The defense was just flowing and we had taken all the momentum back when DJ came back in and the unit started flowing like earlier in the season. It's Jordan's own fault for not hitting at the line though I think if he it 2 or 3 of the 4 Vinny would of held on to him a little longer. I was just hoping the game was still close under two minutes so we could close them out without the hacking but the 3 ball killed all that.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9498
votes: 20

would be a huge ego blow to lose the homecourt advantage. Even though I think we could beat Memphis on the road rather not have to go through that drama again.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

Funny thing is, even with a win tomorrow, if Memphis loses against OKC (pretty likely IMO) we stay 4th and Denver jumps to 3rd. If it stays like that, we get Memphis again but this time with home court, followed by another Spurs series if we beat them again.

Added to that, Denver seems to have the best shot of knocking out OKC. If we pulled an upset in San Antonio, Nugs-Clips WCF!

CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5063
votes: 13

Just so everyone knows we're in the damn 5th seed now just like last year. There has been absolutely no improvement in anything. We're still the same seeding as last year, we still have the same lousy defense as last year. Look at the bright side, Now 2/3 of our pgs are injured, and DJ has gone from 50% to 40% ft.

clippersforlife33
Clipper Starter
Posts: 447
votes: 0

cleepers wrote:
clippersforlife33 wrote:
this game has nothing to do with the refs or anything but it was really weird to see that they only handed out 1 technical which was to lamar for nothing. on the other hand, demarcus was crying the whole night, keith smart, and at one point it looked like marcus thornton was about to sock the referee in the face and he still didnt get a tech. btw, its sad how we all were laughing at the lakers when we were number 1 seed in the league at 1 point but now you look bad were only 3 spots ahead of which there only like 1 game away from the 6th seed.

We are 7.5 games above the 6 seed. We would have to go 6-8 in our final 14 with GSW winning every single one of their remaining 13 games for them to pass us.

who said anything about gsw passing us? lol... i said there's a strong possibility that lakers will be right behind us in the playoffs(im not saying they'll pass us obviously we have the way better record) all i was saying was that clippers had all the laughs in the beginning but after the all star break jokes are starting to be on us. almost every analyst thinks the clippers will get out either first or second round but in the beginning of the season clippers were picked by a lot of people to win it all

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

cleepers wrote:
Icecoldclipper wrote:
What game were you guys watching not to mention Mike Smith already noted the Paul/Crawford/Barnes/Griffin/Jordan unit is the second best unit in the league by some stat but the simple fact when Odom lost his cool we were in a huge hole.

The unit then went on to cut the lead to two points. A difference this game was back when we used the unit before DJ would hit his late game shots at the line and going 1-4 was not a good night. That is still our best unit with the diverse roles.

The game was lost with the Grant Hill and Odom PF/C experiment.

Yeah, DJ missed a few uncontested 1-point 15-foot shots, but he was the only guy on the team with a positive +/- (+13). Odom and Hill combined for 1-11 FG's and -33.

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_37

i like hill, but its clear he doesnt have much left in the tank. butler and barnes are better than him. couple that with odom struggling and we were f****d. idk what the clips work on in practice, but its imperative we contest 3's better. that is what is doing this team the most damage. its maddening. another thing, im tired of cp3 thinking he can sub himself into the games, foregoing being taken out to rest. he should have rested more tonight. he had 6 turnovers. yeah he had 15 assists, but his turnovers in the second half led to at least 9 pts. the majority of those to's were due to exhaustion. vdn should have put crawford at the point, or wayns in for a little bit after billups went out. terrible loss, and the worst part is that we have a game tomorrow night. lets see how the clips come out.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

clippersforlife33 wrote:
cleepers wrote:
clippersforlife33 wrote:
this game has nothing to do with the refs or anything but it was really weird to see that they only handed out 1 technical which was to lamar for nothing. on the other hand, demarcus was crying the whole night, keith smart, and at one point it looked like marcus thornton was about to sock the referee in the face and he still didnt get a tech. btw, its sad how we all were laughing at the lakers when we were number 1 seed in the league at 1 point but now you look bad were only 3 spots ahead of which there only like 1 game away from the 6th seed.

We are 7.5 games above the 6 seed. We would have to go 6-8 in our final 14 with GSW winning every single one of their remaining 13 games for them to pass us.

who said anything about gsw passing us? lol... i said there's a strong possibility that lakers will be right behind us in the playoffs(im not saying they'll pass us obviously we have the way better record) all i was saying was that clippers had all the laughs in the beginning but after the all star break jokes are starting to be on us. almost every analyst thinks the clippers will get out either first or second round but in the beginning of the season clippers were picked by a lot of people to win it all

Which analysts picked us to win it all? Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04

Miami have always been favorites, with some predicting that a matured, improved OKC team or the Spurs machine might upset them.

As for whoever is in 6th... they'll be a long way behind whoever is in 5th. Indiana is 12 games behind Miami, but only one "spot"... does that mean they're anything LIKE as good?

CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5063
votes: 13

We should just stick with the lineup that worked before with Turiaf as Center manning the middle! Not Odom a sf body pf playing C!

A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper Starter
Posts: 725
votes: 5

Lets just hope we're not the 6 seeded team.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Our ego would definitely take a huge damage. I think the most disappointing is that'd we'll most likely end up with a 1st round series in which we aren't the clear favorite. Hell, we could even be the underdog. Losing the 3rd seed is definitely a major disappointment.

paradoxguy
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 79
votes: 2

I don't know the exact reason(s), but the Clippers' inability to beat good, decent, and low-seeded teams seems to increase as the season draws to a close. I can't help but agree with Charles Barkley's assessment of the Clippers' early victories over elite teams as "fool's gold". Although several factors are likely playing a role, I think the root of the problem is VDN and his coaching staff. VDN's lack of experience as a school and assistant NDL/NBA coach probably stunted his development as a NBA head coach. Good assistant coaches could alleviate his deficiencies, but his lack of experience and accelerated elevation from no coaching experience to head coach probably repels competent assistant coaches from working with him. Admittedly I don't know for certain about my assessment of the Clippers' coaches; they could well be much better than I think and the problem lies elsewhere. However, with the talent the Clippers have, I can't think of anything else causing the increasing losses.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

what the hell are u talking about? turiaf is a pf as well.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
We should just stick with the lineup that worked before with Turiaf as Center manning the middle! Not Odom a sf body pf playing C!

what the hell are u talking about? turiaf is a pf as well.

Turiaf is strong enough to play C. He's a PF/C. Odom's a SF/PF. That's the difference.

ClipperDodger1214
Clipper Starter
Posts: 609
votes: 4

This is starting to look like last year's end of the season run. Losing 2-3 games that you absolutely should win and lose HCA in the process. Only difference is last year was that we were a much tougher team. This year's team mentally is as soft as a marshmallow. If things don't improve quickly we could be looking at a first round sweep.

prokreation
Clipper Starter
Posts: 720
votes: 10

Vinny is all heart but lacks Xs and Os. Strategy. I love the guy but does anyone REALLY think he'll take this team to win a CHAMPIONSHIP? Are we just content in getting into the playoffs and maybe getting knocked out in the first round by Memphis or Denver? Is that our goal?

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4145

us.gif
votes: 50

Ever since the "Guess the score game" thread stopped we've been playing terrible. BRING IT BACK PLEASE. I may or may not be superstitious.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9158

us.gif
votes: 118

Ironically, Odom seems to be EXACTLY the same player from last year.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clippers Vs Knicks 3-17-2013 Official Game Thread

→ Clippers vs 76ers 3-20-2013 Official Game Thread

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!