Chris Paul vs Tony Parker

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Poll
Who would you rather have on the Clippers- Tony Parker or Chris Paul?
Tony Parker
19%
 19%  [11]
Chris Paul
80%
 80%  [46]
Total Votes : 57

Author Search This Topic:
 
jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35
  

If cp3 is happy being a Atlanta hawks 2.0 then stay with vdn. Without a ring, cp3 will always be 2nd to Parker

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4027

us.gif
votes: 45


Repped High Quality Post

First of all Atlanta making it to the 2nd round of the EAST playoffs is the equivalent of being a 9th place team in the WEST, so that argument can go right in the trash. Second of all CP doesn't have to make the playoffs for the rest of his career and he'd still be a better player than TP, by your logic rings equal superiority so that means TP is better than Stockton, Thomas, Robertson, and Kidd because he has more rings? Good luck arguing that at your local barbershop.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

CapsNClips wrote:
jarca wrote:
If cp3 is happy being a Atlanta hawks 2.0 then stay with vdn. Without a ring, cp3 will always be 2nd to Parker

First of all Atlanta making it to the 2nd round of the EAST playoffs is the equivalent of being a 9th place team in the WEST, so that argument can go right in the trash. Second of all CP doesn't have to make the playoffs for the rest of his career and he'd still be a better player than TP, by your logic rings equal superiority so that means TP is better than Stockton, Thomas, Robertson, and Kidd because he has more rings? Good luck arguing that at your local barbershop.

Hypothetical! That's all you said. You know what's not hypothetical? 3 ring 1finals MVP and 2-0 in the playoff against cp3

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4027

us.gif
votes: 45

jarca wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:
jarca wrote:
If cp3 is happy being a Atlanta hawks 2.0 then stay with vdn. Without a ring, cp3 will always be 2nd to Parker

First of all Atlanta making it to the 2nd round of the EAST playoffs is the equivalent of being a 9th place team in the WEST, so that argument can go right in the trash. Second of all CP doesn't have to make the playoffs for the rest of his career and he'd still be a better player than TP, by your logic rings equal superiority so that means TP is better than Stockton, Thomas, Robertson, and Kidd because he has more rings? Good luck arguing that at your local barbershop.

Hypothetical! That's all you said. You know what's not hypothetical? 3 ring 1finals MVP and 2-0 in the playoff against cp3

Derek Fisher 5 rings 5-1 in the playoffs against Tony Parker. Too easy

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

^ CP3 beats out Parker for All-Star starting PG every year. This year, Westbrook beat him too. CP3 also gets many more league MVP votes every year. You're on a loser here. There's no doubt that CP3 is the better point-guard AND player.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Lol all star voting really lol that's like sayin lin is top ten guard cuz of all star voting.

We're comparing 2 great guards of this generation. What sets them apart? One keeps winning the other keeps losing.

Jordan v . Kobe- jordan he got 6 rings

Magic v. Bird- magic he got more rings

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

^ WTF? ...YOU'RE the one who brought up all-atar selections!!!

Like CapsNClips said... Fisher has more rings than Parker... does that make him a better PG/Player? Was Horry better than Duncan because he has double the rings?

Look at the league MVP voting... only league-affiliated personnel allowed to vote... CP3 is ALWAYS ahead of Parker.

You might as well say that Mario Chalmers is better than Chris Paul. roll

Maybe one keeps winning because he has the greatest power-forward EVER on his team... or maybe it's because he has the best coach in the league coaching him... You've already said many, many times that it's IMPOSSIBLE to win with Vinny as coach, so I don't think you can hold CP3's lack of championships against him.

Stop contradicting yourself and get your arguments straight... THEN we can talk.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Your hommerism is taking is to the extreme. How da f@ck do you compare perennial role players to superstars/mvp candidate/ mvp winners by basis of ring alone. What I'm doing is comparing to great pg of our generation. Did you miss great??? What separates them is one is a winner and the other is a loser.

Those same personnel that votes for MVP are the same people who keeps putting Kobe as a first team all defensive player which is a complete bull.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

Maybe one keeps winning because he has the greatest power-forward IN HISTORY on his team... or maybe it's because he has the best coach in the league coaching him... You've already said many, many times that it's IMPOSSIBLE to win with Vinny as coach, so I don't think you can hold CP3's lack of championships against him.

OR...

You could just keep sucking Tony Parker's c*ck, jarca longoria.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

cleepers wrote:
^ WTF? ...YOU'RE the one who brought up all-atar selections!!!

jarca wrote:
How many all star n MVP for fisher??? Lol

Like CapsNClips said... Fisher has more rings than Parker... does that make him a better PG/Player? Was Horry better than Duncan because he has double the rings?

Look at the league MVP voting... only league-affiliated personnel allowed to vote... CP3 is ALWAYS ahead of Parker.

You might as well say that Mario Chalmers is better than Chris Paul. roll

Maybe one keeps winning because he has the greatest power-forward EVER on his team... or maybe it's because he has the best coach in the league coaching him... You've already said many, many times that it's IMPOSSIBLE to win with Vinny as coach, so I don't think you can hold CP3's lack of championships against him.

Stop contradicting yourself and get your arguments straight... THEN we can talk.

Up 2-0 against the spurs and still lost with Byron scott as the coach. Blames goes to the superstar just like lbj took the blame when they lost to Dallas. Same way dirk took the blame losing to Mia. But after the lost they came back stronger and won 1 eventually. Until cp3 wins one he should never be mentioned in the class of magic and isiaah. But it opens the conversation to have someone like tp challenge cp3 to this generation's best pg.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

^ So you're saying David West is equivalent to Tim Duncan in his prime?

OK, then.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Where did I say that?? Don't make up stuff now

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
^ So you're saying David West is equivalent to Tim Duncan in his prime?

OK, then.

Where did I say that?? Don't make up stuff now

Tony Parker has never been the best player on his team or the most important factor in their success... Chris Paul has had to carry every f***** team he ever played on.

Comparing their team success is ridiculous.

Switch him with parker on those Spurs and they'd have won at least 5 straight rings.

You've just got a hardon for Parker. Rub one out and get over it.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Remember when the spurs tried to trade tp to Kidd????? What did tp do the following season?? He changed his game and won in 05. As years progress, Parker keeps improving and peaking.

Cp3 from 2007 is not the same as today. I think personally he already reached his ceiling. I doubt cp3 can average 20+ ppg anymore. Have you seen any improvement from 2007 cp3 to now??? Better shot? Better penetration? Assist?

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

cleepers wrote:
jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
^ So you're saying David West is equivalent to Tim Duncan in his prime?

OK, then.

Where did I say that?? Don't make up stuff now

Tony Parker has never been the best player on his team or the most important factor in their success... Chris Paul has had to carry every f***** team he ever played on.

Comparing their team success is ridiculous.

Switch him with parker on those Spurs and they'd have won at least 5 straight rings.

You've just got a hardon for Parker.

Dude quit baiting me with that gay stuff. I'm not gonna go personal. Lol

Parker was good enough to be named finals mvp. Surely he was the best player on that team. They don't just hand it to anyone like fisher? Horry? Do they?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

Find me anyone who is unbiased and credible in the NBA who says that Parker is a better PG. f***** Derrick Rose won MVP and STILL everyone says CP3 is the better point-guard.

But if you know different... good luck on your own.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Everyone? I challenge you to name ALL journalists who say cp3 without a doubt is the best pg.

See what I did there. wink

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Find me anyone who is unbiased and credible in the NBA who says that Parker is a better PG. f***** Derrick Rose won MVP and STILL everyone says CP3 is the better point-guard.

But if you know different... good luck on your own.

Everyone? I challenge you to name ALL journalists who say cp3 without a doubt is the best pg.

See what I did there. wink

I asked you first... and I asked for just one, not every journalist in the world.

See what I did there?

wink

And you still didn't answer my question about how CP3 is supposed to succeed with "the worst coach in the league".

If you can prove that CP3 wouldn't be as successful as Parker playing with one other player who is the best to ever play his position and a coach who is widely recognized as top-10 in NBA history, I'll concede... but until then I'll continue to believe that you are Tony Parker's mother.

Bon soir, Madame.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

cleepers wrote:
jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Find me anyone who is unbiased and credible in the NBA who says that Parker is a better PG. f***** Derrick Rose won MVP and STILL everyone says CP3 is the better point-guard.

But if you know different... good luck on your own.

Everyone? I challenge you to name ALL journalists who say cp3 without a doubt is the best pg.

See what I did there. wink

I asked you first... and I asked for just one, not every journalist in the world.

See what I did there?

wink

And you still didn't answer my question about how CP3 is supposed to succeed with "the worst coach in the league".

If you can prove that CP3 wouldn't be as successful as Parker playing with one other player who is the best to ever play his position and a coach who is widely recognized as top-10 in NBA history, I'll concede... but until then I'll continue to believe that you are Tony Parker's mother.

Lol u can't prove hypothetical stuff. That's as silly as a time machine lol

stick to the subject plz. mother, gays and im still not biting wink

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

Oops when you said everyone I thought you meant everyone as in all. I just wanted you to prove your claim

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

^ "Can't prove hypothetical stuff"?

What, you mean like Parker being better? Like if he didn't have the best PF and a great coach, how good would he be?

How about career numbers? That's not hypothetical, right?

Chris Paul - 18.6 pts - 9.8 ast - 4.4 reb - 2.4 stl

Tony Parker - 17.1 pts - 6.0 ast - 3.0 reb - 1.0 stl

And that's with your boy playing every single year of his NBA career with Duncan, Ginobili and Pop.

Sorry, Mrs. Parker.

But don't worry... roleplayer rings are still rings... just ask Mrs. Fisher and Mrs. Horry.

jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Find me anyone who is unbiased and credible in the NBA who says that Parker is a better PG. f***** Derrick Rose won MVP and STILL everyone says CP3 is the better point-guard.

But if you know different... good luck on your own.

Oops when you said everyone I thought you meant everyone as in all. I just wanted you to prove your claim

And when I said "anyone" I thought you might find at least one credible professional who supported your claim... I guess we're both disappointed.

You, because I didn't give you everything... me, because you gave me nothing.

smittywerb
Clipper Starter
Posts: 585
votes: 4

Tony Parker has been blessed with a good system, coach, cast, and management. Cp3 had to deal with cheap shinn and bower and over the hill guys like Peja and James posey.

Cp3 on that spurs team makes them probably the most dominant team since the 90's bulls.

But I think I get hat jarca is saying, that people won't give cp3 the credit he deserves (being a top 3 player) until he wins a ring. I had this debate with many people and I do believe that cp3 is the 3rd best player behind Lebron and dwade.

But people who know basketball know cp3 is the truth, only the bandwagoners think Westbrook and rose are better.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4714
votes: 31

Fisher isn't a PG. He's really a SG. The triangle doesn't use Nash-oid guards. Forget Jackson. CP3 is wasted in a Triangle

How good is Derrick Rose? We don't know yet. Will he always be injury prone? Is he OK after his injury?

Parker is good but most of his goodness again is because he's with Timmy, Manu and POP!!! He doesn't run the offense. If he tried he'd be warming his buns on the pine. We really don't known how good Parker is as a ship captain. Pop runs the show.It matters not if CP3 is better than Parker. Parker's team wins more than CP3's. Would CP3 be better under Pop? Yes. Why? Pop is smarter than CP3. Parker doesn't have rings. The Spurs have rings.

Is CP3 at his prime? Yes and no. As an individual yes. With a Tonto to his Lone Ranger no. If Oscar had played with Jabaar all his career would he better than Jordan? Very likely. Can CP3 be GREAT for a long time if BG is great - Yes. Will he be GREAT without him? No

Great PG's don't win rings or make dynasties. Great coaches do. Jackson. Jackson, Aurbach, Pop, Riley. A PG running the show is a disaster. In order to make a dynasty we need a half court grind it out team. Transition won't get it.

Who is the coach for us?

He has to know BB better than CP3, He has to make CP and BG the Bobbsy Twins. He has to attract one more allstar starter. You can't win without three. Alternatively he has to make DJ into a post up rebounding MF who owns the paint. He has to make this team out rebound everyone. He has to have a discliplined half court offense.

To be obnoxiously repetetive the only one who is semi availabe is Jerry Sloane. Jeff VanGundy would be my other choice.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4714
votes: 31

as far as rings

Bill Russell known as Mr Russell (isn't it amazing how much respect he still gets?) said

A great player is made great by his team. A great player doesn't make his team better.For those who don't know he has more rings that fingers. One for each finger and one for his d*ck. Could he have been one ot the ??five?? greatest players without the greatest team ever?? Wilt did

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4714
votes: 31

I can't find it but there's a video somewhere of Cousy. He's maybe sixty. He talking to an interviewer for maybe 90 sec shooting FT's He never misses and he shot the last one with his left hand. That would make him at least 90% in his prime

Cousey could dribble then wrap the ball around his body and shoot in one motion. He and Russell invented the alley oop. He leads the break, sets a pick and does a no look pass backwards over his head

. There is one clip that's maybe the best play ever. There were maybe five seconds left and the other team tried to foul him. His dribble was so good that five guys couldn't catch him to foul him. Check out his full court baseball pass. He invented the behind the back pass.

He was the PG of the original Celtic dynasty. In my less than humble opinion the best ever. Magic because of his size was a better PLAYER but as a pure PG, Magic who?

Chris who? Tony who? Derrick who?

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4714
votes: 31

pps

We saw CP3 break DWill's ankles. When did you ever see a player make another player kiss the hardwood wait for him to get up then split a double team?

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4714
votes: 31

ppps

You can tell I'm f*cking bored

Agent0
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4205
votes: 39

The whole issue here is that Parker had more holes in his game than Paul. Firstly I'm going to say that people are over stating how much better Paul is than Parker these days. Parker is at the best stage of his career and they are very close and can be argued as equal in production and impact, but it's hard to argue for Parker being better.

Paul on the other hand had developed his game better, better shooter, passer, defender. He's still better at all those things, but Parker is and will always be better at slashing and finishing as good as Paul is at that too. Parker though has improved his shooting and passing because he was not as good at those things.

20 PPG is such an arbitrary number of "producing well as a scorer" that we hold on to with no real logic as to why it is important. Paul scored 19.8 PPG last season, could he have averaged 1 more FGA/G to get to 20+ PPG, yes. Would it have won the Clippers more games, no. Paul averaged 21 PPG from game 1-5 last playoffs before he got injured vs Memphis, Paul is averaging 20 PPG this month. If that's the threshold we are looking for, he can certainly do it, but there's a difference between inability and unwillingness.

The unwillingness came from how Denver guarded him in the 2009 playoffs. Trap hard on pick and rolls, rough him up with Dahntay Jones, force him to commit turnovers which he doesn't do, take time off the clock and force him to be the bailout man and take tough shots. David West was only so good himself and was shut down by Martin. He never really drew double teams, so his abilities couldn't open up offense for other players on the team. They had other problems, but in terms of their stars, that was their issue. Paul realized that if his teammates weren't ready and comfortable producing he wasn't going anywhere in the post-season. I'd argue that he needed better teams first because on a talent deficit you aren't going anywhere anyways.

....but the more important thing is that what is going to win playoff series' isn't whether Paul averages 20 PPG or not. It's really weird, but some people would be more impressed by 27 points on 25 FGA while loosing a series in 5 games than they would by 18-19 pts on 12-13 FGA while loosing a series in 6 games. Not that loosing is good, but there's this idea that going out firing while loosing is good and that "more individual points = best thing".

smittywerb
Clipper Starter
Posts: 585
votes: 4

@agent0

I mean of course it didn't run through him but he was basically the offense. That's why it hurt the hornets so bad when he went down. Landry wasn't going to replace that production effenciency.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6008
votes: 10

Lol did someone say Tony Parker is better than CP3? lol

CP3 Career PER: 25.6

Tony Parker Career PER: 19.1

Tony Parker's best season isn't even as good as CP3's averages. Gtfo out.

The only thing you could argue is that TP matches up well against CP3 which is true but TP also has had vastly superior coach and system and coach his entire career. Also no one seems to remember that CP3 destroyed Tony Parker when they played in the playoffs in 08. It was unfortunate that CP3 got injured last season when we were desperately trying to get the 4th seed which caused CP3 to be limited against the Spurs in the playoffs. Unlike CP3, TP has a lot less responsibility. He isn't even the most valuable player on his team. Tim Duncan is. The offense is fine without TP but the defense is not nearly as good without Tim Duncan.

If TP played for the Hornets no one would even know who he was. He would never develop to become the PG he is today and at most might be a one or two time All Star.

Just a very good PG that was lucky to be in the perfect system to maximize his strengths.

As for winning Finals MVP. Tony Parker won it partially due to voters fatigue. Duncan already had 3 and because no one seems to take into account defense which is why KG got jobbed out of a Finals MVP when he was a way way more valuable player than Pierce.

Its the equivalent of saying Billups is better than CP3 since he had a Finals MVP. TP can't carry a mediocre franchise to success. He has been riding the coattails of Tim Duncan and POP his entire career.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Tony Parker has a better coach (no ****) and is in a better system. If we had Parker instead of Paul, we'd be fighting for the 6/7 seeds a best.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

cleepers wrote:
^ "Can't prove hypothetical stuff"?

What, you mean like Parker being better? Like if he didn't have the best PF and a great coach, how good would he be?

How about career numbers? That's not hypothetical, right?

Chris Paul - 18.6 pts - 9.8 ast - 4.4 reb - 2.4 stl

Tony Parker - 17.1 pts - 6.0 ast - 3.0 reb - 1.0 stl

And that's with your boy playing every single year of his NBA career with Duncan, Ginobili and Pop.

Sorry, Mrs. Parker.

But don't worry... roleplayer rings are still rings... just ask Mrs. Fisher and Mrs. Horry.

jarca wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Find me anyone who is unbiased and credible in the NBA who says that Parker is a better PG. f***** Derrick Rose won MVP and STILL everyone says CP3 is the better point-guard.

But if you know different... good luck on your own.

Oops when you said everyone I thought you meant everyone as in all. I just wanted you to prove your claim

And when I said "anyone" I thought you might find at least one credible professional who supported your claim... I guess we're both disappointed.

You, because I didn't give you everything... me, because you gave me nothing.

So you think cause a player averages more he's automatically better? Kevin love has better stats than griffin the last 3 yrs except this one does that make him better?

What about Aldridge?? Better stats than griffin?

Stats not the end all be all.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

A bunch of hypothetical stuff. That's like me being a Kobe hater saying stuff like if Kobe didn't have Shaq or a big man he's nothing lol

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6008
votes: 10

jarca wrote:
CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Lol did someone say Tony Parker is better than CP3? lol

CP3 Career PER: 25.6

Tony Parker Career PER: 19.1

Tony Parker's best season isn't even as good as CP3's averages. Gtfo out.

The only thing you could argue is that TP matches up well against CP3 which is true but TP also has had vastly superior coach and system and coach his entire career. Also no one seems to remember that CP3 destroyed Tony Parker when they played in the playoffs in 08. It was unfortunate that CP3 got injured last season when we were desperately trying to get the 4th seed which caused CP3 to be limited against the Spurs in the playoffs. Unlike CP3, TP has a lot less responsibility. He isn't even the most valuable player on his team. Tim Duncan is. The offense is fine without TP but the defense is not nearly as good without Tim Duncan.

If TP played for the Hornets no one would even know who he was. He would never develop to become the PG he is today and at most might be a one or two time All Star.

Just a very good PG that was lucky to be in the perfect system to maximize his strengths.

As for winning Finals MVP. Tony Parker won it partially due to voters fatigue. Duncan already had 3 and because no one seems to take into account defense which is why KG got jobbed out of a Finals MVP when he was a way way more valuable player than Pierce.

Its the equivalent of saying Billups is better than CP3 since he had a Finals MVP. TP can't carry a mediocre franchise to success. He has been riding the coattails of Tim Duncan and POP his entire career.

A bunch of hypothetical stuff. That's like me being a Kobe hater saying stuff like if Kobe didn't have Shaq or a big man he's nothing lol

What's your argument for TP being better than CP3? There is none. Not even this season mind as well career wise. lol

The Spurs were doing fine this season without TP. They have beaten quality teams like the Bulls without the Big 3 even. TP is not nearly as valuable to the Spurs as CP3 is to the Clippers and has never been as good as CP3 outside of CP3's rookie and sophomore year.

Here is how the "mighty Finals MVP" did against CP3 in the playoffs even with CP3's terrible series against the Spurs last season.

CP3 19.7/10.2/4.3/2.6 with 3.1 TOs on 46.3% shooting.

TP 18.6/6.5/3.3/.9 with 3.3 TOs on 44.2% shooting.

Tony Parker loss to CP3 in every statistical category in the playoffs. Where is his argument?

Regular season. CP3 by a mile.

Head to head. CP3 was better than him in the playoffs.

Accolades. Cp3 by a mile.

Stats. Cp3 by a mile.

I use arguments and facts. You use nothing but nonsense. *shrugs*

TP even with his inflated career due to playing under Pop doesn't even come close to CP3 career wise and CP3 is much younger.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

CP3Heliflopter wrote:
jarca wrote:
CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Lol did someone say Tony Parker is better than CP3? lol

CP3 Career PER: 25.6

Tony Parker Career PER: 19.1

Tony Parker's best season isn't even as good as CP3's averages. Gtfo out.

The only thing you could argue is that TP matches up well against CP3 which is true but TP also has had vastly superior coach and system and coach his entire career. Also no one seems to remember that CP3 destroyed Tony Parker when they played in the playoffs in 08. It was unfortunate that CP3 got injured last season when we were desperately trying to get the 4th seed which caused CP3 to be limited against the Spurs in the playoffs. Unlike CP3, TP has a lot less responsibility. He isn't even the most valuable player on his team. Tim Duncan is. The offense is fine without TP but the defense is not nearly as good without Tim Duncan.

If TP played for the Hornets no one would even know who he was. He would never develop to become the PG he is today and at most might be a one or two time All Star.

Just a very good PG that was lucky to be in the perfect system to maximize his strengths.

As for winning Finals MVP. Tony Parker won it partially due to voters fatigue. Duncan already had 3 and because no one seems to take into account defense which is why KG got jobbed out of a Finals MVP when he was a way way more valuable player than Pierce.

Its the equivalent of saying Billups is better than CP3 since he had a Finals MVP. TP can't carry a mediocre franchise to success. He has been riding the coattails of Tim Duncan and POP his entire career.

A bunch of hypothetical stuff. That's like me being a Kobe hater saying stuff like if Kobe didn't have Shaq or a big man he's nothing lol

What's your argument for TP being better than CP3? There is none. Not even this season mind as well career wise. lol

The Spurs were doing fine this season without TP. They have beaten quality teams like the Bulls without the Big 3 even. TP is not nearly as valuable to the Spurs as CP3 is to the Clippers and has never been as good as CP3 outside of CP3's rookie and sophomore year.

Here is how the "mighty Finals MVP" did against CP3 in the playoffs even with CP3's terrible series against the Spurs last season.

CP3 19.7/10.2/4.3/2.6 with 3.1 TOs on 46.3% shooting.

TP 18.6/6.5/3.3/.9 with 3.3 TOs on 44.2% shooting.

Tony Parker loss to CP3 in every statistical category in the playoffs. Where is his argument?

Regular season. CP3 by a mile.

Head to head. CP3 was better than him in the playoffs.

Accolades. Cp3 by a mile.

Stats. Cp3 by a mile.

I use arguments and facts. You use nothing but nonsense. *shrugs*

TP even with his inflated career due to playing under Pop doesn't even come close to CP3 career wise and CP3 is much younger.

When you get to run your own system like cp3 and tend to be the go tu guy or best guy in the team like cp3, you tend to have more opportunities to pat your stats .

You say TP is not even the best player on his team right? So tp has to play within a system where he's not the best player, doesn't run thru him and zero opportunities to pad his stats and yet he still got almost the same number as the number 1 guy on the other team????

Pretty impressive right?

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

I tried to warn you jarca.

The world where Parker is a better PG than CP3 is a very lonely place.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8858
votes: 20

Is jarca still trying to convince people (or maybe himself) that Parker is better than Paul, LOL.

Guess he likes to swim up stream once in a while. That's cool.

Razz

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8858
votes: 20

Ah look at their lifetime Usage% and FGA's and you'll see that Parker has had pretty of opportunity to "pad" his stats.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4027

us.gif
votes: 45

Tony Parker was on the cover of NBA live 09. And Chris Paul was on the cover of NBA2k8. Winner CP3!!

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

extremely lonely haha

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

So what happened tonight???

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2123
votes: 19

Tim Duncan happened, not Tony Parker

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2123
votes: 19

lol

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

clipperBryan32 wrote:
jarca wrote:
So what happened tonight???

Tim Duncan happened, not Tony Parker

Cp3 was so superior with his measly 9 points

Like I said cp3 pads his stats against the bottom feeder but failed to step up when facing another elite point guard. Everything about cp3's greatness is hypothetical what if scenario. He hasn't proven himself

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8888

us.gif
votes: 110

^ Hmmm... Blocks the opposing center, goes coast-to-coast and hits the runner deep in the 4th.

Parker spent the entire quarter on his arse trying to get calls from the refs and eventually they rewarded his bitching by letting him foul a better player.

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2123
votes: 19

jarca wrote:
clipperBryan32 wrote:
jarca wrote:
So what happened tonight???

Tim Duncan happened, not Tony Parker

Cp3 was so superior with his measly 9 points

Like I said cp3 pads his stats against the bottom feeder but failed to step up when facing another elite point guard. Everything about cp3's greatness is hypothetical what if scenario. He hasn't proven himself

get your numbers right and don't post false info, CP3 had 14 points tonight not 9, and he's a bottom feeder? you sound like a scorned fan

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2123
votes: 19

btw Jarca, Tony Parker has had the luxury of playing with the greatest PF of all time in case you didn't know, CP has always had to carry load himself up until this year. That being said, I'd take CP3 over TP and so would most GM's in the league.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

I guess he fell into 24 points. There's a bias in the league and cp3 benefits from it the same way Kobe does. Cp3 is supposed to be a great defendr but he let Parker go off for 24

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7991

rp.gif
votes: 35

I don't think cp3 is carrying anybody with his play tonite

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 2123
votes: 19

jarca wrote:
clipperBryan32 wrote:
btw Jarca, Tony Parker has had the luxury of playing with the greatest PF of all time in case you didn't know, CP has always had to carry load himself up until this year. That being said, I'd take CP3 over TP and so would most GM's in the league.

I don't think cp3 is carrying anybody with his play tonite

what are you saying?

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Reggie Bullock on KIA Rookie Ladder

→ How Doc Rivers And Chris Paul Might Work The Pick-And-Roll

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!