Kobe Bryant with the Torn Achilles

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » NBA Basketball Talk
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1
 

He is to have MRI tomorrow but he was on crutches and said "there's nothing there."

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/322946590845317121

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15360
votes: 91

What's crazy is Lakers fans were already screaming for D'Antoni to pull Kobe earlier when he hyperextended his knee in the game. D'Antoni is a dumb ass playing Kobe 48 minutes every night lately.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Well I don't know if Kobe would have gone out of the game. Since it was close in the 4th, Kobe wanted to win so badly and make the playoffs. I agree Mike D should play him less but should rest him more in the 1st half. 48 minutes every night is ridiculous.

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

As a Clipper fan, I'm low key excited. But as a NBA/Basketball fan, this is just horrible and I feel so bad for Kobe. I have so much respect for him as a player....not for his team. If you watch the interview he did after the game, you could tell that he is so disappointed. He wants to play, but this time around, he can't. Good luck on him and his rehab.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6011
votes: 10

I don't like Kobe but I never wanted this to happen to him but it was expected. Playing 48 minutes a game for the past few games is stupid as hell. Both his fault and Mike D' Antoni's fault.

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1
Kobe on Facebook This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that?? I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this....

Please log in to view the entire post.

b0bab0i
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 62
votes: 0

lobcityhawaii wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
What's crazy is Lakers fans were already screaming for D'Antoni to pull Kobe earlier when he hyperextended his knee in the game. D'Antoni is a dumb ass playing Kobe 48 minutes every night lately.

Well I don't know if Kobe would have gone out of the game. Since it was close in the 4th, Kobe wanted to win so badly and make the playoffs. I agree Mike D should play him less but should rest him more in the 1st half. 48 minutes every night is ridiculous.

Wilt Averaged 48.5 minutes in one season.

Surprised

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1799
votes: 10

This.

Poor guy. Hate to see payers get injured, especially the GOAT.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4897
votes: 38

I am the biggest of lamer haters and it was so sad to see him in that post game interview

. Faker or not the guy plays with heart and is an amazing player, makes the league a better place with those elite hard workers

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3712

rp.gif
votes: 32

It's surreal to even imagine the Lakers without Kobe. I don't always agree with his style of play, but he is the epitome of determination and hard work. Hope he recovers well so the Clips can continue to battle against the Lakers at their best.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

clipperAndrew wrote:
ClipperNationRise wrote:
As a Clipper fan, I'm low key excited. But as a NBA/Basketball fan, this is just horrible and I feel so bad for Kobe. I have so much respect for him as a player....not for his team. If you watch the interview he did after the game, you could tell that he is so disappointed. He wants to play, but this time around, he can't. Good luck on him and his rehab.

This.

Poor guy. Hate to see payers get injured, especially the GOAT.

sucks for kobe to go down with a torn achilles, but lets not get carried away with the GOAT moniker for him. hes in the top 10 but to put him ahead of jordan is a little too much. hell, lebron is nipping at him already. but going back to the injury, there was evidence he was hindered from the time he grabbed his knee in the first half. d'antoni should have put his foot down and told him to sit down. the second time he fell, it was clear kobe was hurting bad.

Amnesty_David_Stern
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2333
votes: 7

I wonder if Kobe had plans to retire at seasons end? He seems uber upset about this and he's always said he wants to retire on the top of his game, and not be a shadow of his former self. With how bad the Lakers were this year, the threat of D12 leaving, Pau getting traded and Nash is like 40, maybe Kobe wanted to hit the playoffs, give it one last go round and call it quits? Who knows! But now he's going to miss parts of next season barring a miracle, and he may not have the most productive year.

I just wanna see the Lakers miss the playoffs, this draft is horrible and there's like 1 guy that's amazing and I highly doubt whoever picks #1 is trading that pick. I'd rather be 24 and rupture my achilles than 34 or w/e Kobe is.

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1799
votes: 10

bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
clipperAndrew wrote:
ClipperNationRise wrote:
As a Clipper fan, I'm low key excited. But as a NBA/Basketball fan, this is just horrible and I feel so bad for Kobe. I have so much respect for him as a player....not for his team. If you watch the interview he did after the game, you could tell that he is so disappointed. He wants to play, but this time around, he can't. Good luck on him and his rehab.

This.

Poor guy. Hate to see payers get injured, especially the GOAT.

sucks for kobe to go down with a torn achilles, but lets not get carried away with the GOAT moniker for him. hes in the top 10 but to put him ahead of jordan is a little too much. hell, lebron is nipping at him already. but going back to the injury, there was evidence he was hindered from the time he grabbed his knee in the first half. d'antoni should have put his foot down and told him to sit down. the second time he fell, it was clear kobe was hurting bad.

Until LeBron accomplishes what Kobe has done he is the GOAT (behind Jordan I will give you that).

GRIFFINSANITY
Clipper Starter
Posts: 387

us.gif
votes: 1

He is out 6-9 months

Worldbthree
Clipper Starter
Posts: 252
votes: 2

I think 6-9 months is optimistic and I am an RGIII fan, but isn't Kobe almost the same age of Billips? How has his season gone? Not to knock either or the advancements of modern medicine, but we are talking about a 35 yr old who has always used his athleticism for almost everything he does. I am by no means a Kobe fan, but can't deny his heart and overall basketball awesomeness. A sad ending indeed, but maybe he can get his wish and retire at "near the top", he was willing this team combined with a complete choke job by Utah. I predict because of this the Lakers make the playoffs on a couple of close wins but get bounced badly in first.

Worldbthree
Clipper Starter
Posts: 252
votes: 2

and to see Twitter and some on this forum complain or blame D'antoni for this are ridiculous. Kobe runs this team and would have never been able to keep him out of the game, common'. And to all those folks with their crystal balls out there, lets say he was pulled and they lost, what would have happened to D'antoni then?

A_DOG_NAMED_BUD
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1473

us.gif
votes: 9

Even though I do feel feel bad for Kobe, it's hard for me to really be sympathetic for the Lakers. When Chauncey tore his achilles, you didn't hear him go on facebook and rant about it. He took it like a man. I'm sure every Laker fan feels sick to their stomach about this but that's exactly how I felt last season about Chauncey. JOIN THE CLUB.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Agree, I feel bad for Kobe even though I hate him cause no one deserves a serious injury like that. He will overcome this and if anyone's going to be recover quicker then the time table, it will be him. However I have no sympathy for laker fans.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

@clipperandrew, you say that kobe has accomplished more than LBJ. how so? title argument again? if thats what we base greatness on then bill russell, kc jones and robert horry are in the GOAT conversation. lebron will most likely win hs 4th mvp. how many mvps does kobe have? one. lebron has already accomplished a whole lot. hes head and shoulders the best player in the NBA right now. going back to the injury, sucks but it is what it is. good thing clips fans have shown class, but if i recall correctly, flaker fans made fun of billups when he tore his achilles, when brand tore his achilles, when Griffin went down with his injury. just saying. imo, kobe may be done. he will try to come back, but hopefully he takes his time and doesnt rush back.

bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 303
votes: 2

The ironic thing is that I think this makes them a better team. It will allow Howard to be the focal point without Kobe ballhogging. The Lakers were not winning the ring this year. This will force Kobe to realize he is not the main guy anymore. I just don't think they have enough time to figure things out this season,but next season,they should be much better. That is if Howard re-signs. I hate Kobe for his arrogance and his refusal to take responsibility for his team's performance but nobody deserves to end their career this way. He will definitely be back.

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1799
votes: 10

I don't disagree with LeBron moving up, but Kobe still has had more all around accomplishments. 2 finals MVP, 4th on scoring list. YOu forget that Kobe is 34 to Lebron's 28. Kobe still playing at an elite level at his age. LeBron might pass Kobe, but until then Kobe has still done more and not to mention with one team. NBA greatness is always compared to championships, that's how it will be.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

seriously. for laker fans, one time in their perfect little lives they have a season full of bad luck, and all of the sudden they think they have the worst luck EVER. get to the back of the line laker fans, you have zero room to whine or complain lol

ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1827
votes: 12

Across from who's better between Kobe and LBJ; I must say speedy recovery Kobe! One of the greatest all time.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

b0bab0i wrote:
lobcityhawaii wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
What's crazy is Lakers fans were already screaming for D'Antoni to pull Kobe earlier when he hyperextended his knee in the game. D'Antoni is a dumb ass playing Kobe 48 minutes every night lately.

Well I don't know if Kobe would have gone out of the game. Since it was close in the 4th, Kobe wanted to win so badly and make the playoffs. I agree Mike D should play him less but should rest him more in the 1st half. 48 minutes every night is ridiculous.

Wilt Averaged 48.5 minutes in one season.

Surprised

Very Happy

bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 303
votes: 2

this is all true.I had to listen to those dumb fans telling me that the Clippers are always going to be the Clippers.we have more class than they do.

Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

Chauncey has nothing to prove, Kobe does lol. Kobe puts in crazy training and for a guy to work that hard and find out that he can't even play in the playoffs(which is his favorite part), it's obvious why he would be furious.

Amnesty_David_Stern
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2333
votes: 7

Steve Nash has 0 rings and more MVP's than Kobe, so does that mean Nash is better than Kobe? No.

Lebron has a lot more to do to get to Kobe Bryant's level and levels of greatness of other players. Will he? More than likely. Lebron, like Kobe, Duncan, Shaq and other guys in the last 20 years are once in a lifetime type players. They broke records, set the standards and are on the all time leaders sheets because of how great they played.

I don't like Kobe, at all. Injuries like this stink, and unless you have top notch rehabilitation, it's a crappy injury for a normal human being that doesn't make millions of dollars.

It'll be a long, rough road. Let's just hope he keeps his mouth shut about the team, other players in the league, and he focuses on himself. If the Lakers want to do anything at all next season IF he plays and doesn't retire, Kobe needs to work on himself and I think the Lakers need to severe ties with Howard, trade Pau Gasol and Artest and ask Kobe what they should do. Because this team isn't going to work, ever.

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

Purple#Gold wrote:
Quote:
Even though I do feel feel bad for Kobe, it's hard for me to really be sympathetic for the Lakers. When Chauncey tore his achilles, you didn't hear him go on facebook and rant about it. He took it like a man. I'm sure every Laker fan feels sick to their stomach about this but that's exactly how I felt last season about Chauncey. JOIN THE CLUB.

Chauncey has nothing to prove, Kobe does lol. Kobe puts in crazy training and for a guy to work that hard and find out that he can't even play in the playoffs(which is his favorite part), it's obvious why he would be furious.

Kobe has nothing to prove.

TheDude
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2713

wz.gif
votes: 31

Regardless of anything, you have to feel for Kobe. He is a committed competitor and he didn't deserve to go down like that.

I hate that team more than anything but I was honestly sad to see him go down with the worst injury you can get. Tough deal.

Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

Kobe is still writing his legacy, Chauncey is just in the nba because of pay checks.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Purple#Gold wrote:
Quote:
Kobe has nothing to prove.

Kobe is still writing his legacy, Chauncey is just in the nba because of pay checks.

Agree with you about kobe. But i disagree with you on the Chauncey part. He wants to be part of a winning team, and help win another ring. He wouldn't just play for anyone. Chauncey has love for the game also. To say he doesn't is disrespectful.

Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

I'm not saying he doesn't have love for the game or that he will just play for anyone. I'm saying that after a certain amount of injuries, people need to hang up the sneakers. The money is a big reason why they don't retire.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

Purple#Gold wrote:
Quote:
Agree with you about kobe. But i disagree with you on the Chauncey part. He wants to be part of a winning team, and help win another ring. He wouldn't just play for anyone. Chauncey has love for the game also. To say he doesn't is disrespectful.

I'm not saying he doesn't have love for the game or that he will just play for anyone. I'm saying that after a certain amount of injuries, people need to hang up the sneakers. The money is a big reason why they don't retire.

Money is a big reason, but also he wants to help win a championship. Getting a 2nd ring is still important to him, which is also partly why he's still playing as well.

Money is important to Kobe also. If he truly cared only about winning and his legacy, he would tell the lakers to amnesty him and resign him for less money. He would make sacrifices. 30 million is ridiculous and is nearly half the lakers salary cap. The lakers would save LOTS of money and be able to surround him with better players. Money is important to everyone.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

idk, everyone brings up titles when kobe is compared to lebron. however, fact is lebron, aside from not having the titles kobe has ( largely thanks to playing with a prime shaq), he has done more than kobe. kobe has never had to carry a team to the playoffs, although he tried this season and look what happened. anyone who can by himself carry a team to the finals is impressive. his stats are already on par with what kobe had done by age 28. he keeps getting better.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8980
votes: 20

^^The Lakers can't amnesty Kobe and then reclaim him the same year. Plus there would be a whole bunch of teams that would put in a partial or full claim on him. Not happening....he'll get his 30+mil in either case, lol.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6011
votes: 10

Lets not act like Kobe is on the same level as Duncan and Shaq in terms of dominance cause he is not. He is barely on their level due to luck(getting stacked teams for most of his career) and longevity. Shaq and Duncan dominated in ways that Kobe could not. Kobe has 5 rings but only 2 Finals MVPs. Once Lebron gets his 2nd which he likely will this upcoming playoffs he will have 4 MVPs and 2 Finals MVPs vs 1 MVP and 2 Finals MVP. Lets also not act like Kobe deserves more than 1 MVP. The MVP he got over CP3 who had a far inferior team but only 1 fewer win in the RS was iffy at best.

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3220

us.gif
votes: 4

[quote="tense2"]^^The Lakers can't amnesty Kobe and then reclaim him the same year. Plus there would be a whole bunch of teams that would put in a partial or full claim on him. Not happening....he'll get his 30+mil in either case, lol.

I understand. I wonder how come there are articles about amnesting him. That's just dumb if they can't resign him.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8980
votes: 20

lobcityhawaii wrote:
tense2 wrote:
^^The Lakers can't amnesty Kobe and then reclaim him the same year. Plus there would be a whole bunch of teams that would put in a partial or full claim on him. Not happening....he'll get his 30+mil in either case, lol.

I understand. I wonder how come there are articles about amnesting him. That's just dumb if they can't resign him.

There's a reason why you amnesty a player...it's because you don't want him on your team anymore even though you still have to pay him. wink

Andrew818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 782
votes: 11

Hate the Lakers but I would never wish any player have an injury like this.Was actually rooting for the Lakers to make the playoffs to see them get swept by OKC or the Spurs.Sucks that it happened to Kobe after all the hard work he put in.Always liked the idea of him leaving the Lakers and seeing them fall apart but never would have wanted it to be this way.He is a Legend and I think will be back,but it will be tough and very unlikely he returns to the level he was playing at.

Purple#Gold
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 94
votes: 0

The lakers can amnesty Kobe and still resign him the next season. A team can pick him up after amnesty but what's the point if he's potentially out the whole year? Then once free agency comes, he is eligible to resign with us again. The reason the lakers wouldn't do it is because once he is amnestied, his birds rights are gone. So once 2014 comes along, the lakers can't offer him a lot of money(that's if they wasted all their cap by the time they want to sign him).

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9002

us.gif
votes: 116

^ Cuban would pick him up just to make him do media appearances in a Mavs jersey... and it would be f***** hilarious.

If the lakers amnesty him, it will be the final nail in that franchise's coffin.

Either way, they're screwed... $30,000,000 (+tax) for a cripple and take a chance that he'll come back healthy by next year's playoffs, or he gets amnestied or retires for a year and they sink into obscurity without him.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

clipperAndrew wrote:
bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
@clipperandrew, you say that kobe has accomplished more than LBJ. how so? title argument again? if thats what we base greatness on then bill russell, kc jones and robert horry are in the GOAT conversation. lebron will most likely win hs 4th mvp. how many mvps does kobe have? one. lebron has already accomplished a whole lot. hes head and shoulders the best player in the NBA right now. going back to the injury, sucks but it is what it is. good thing clips fans have shown class, but if i recall correctly, flaker fans made fun of billups when he tore his achilles, when brand tore his achilles, when Griffin went down with his injury. just saying. imo, kobe may be done. he will try to come back, but hopefully he takes his time and doesnt rush back.

I don't disagree with LeBron moving up, but Kobe still has had more all around accomplishments. 2 finals MVP, 4th on scoring list. YOu forget that Kobe is 34 to Lebron's 28. Kobe still playing at an elite level at his age. LeBron might pass Kobe, but until then Kobe has still done more and not to mention with one team. NBA greatness is always compared to championships, that's how it will be.

again, if you use the number of titles, its fair to say robert horry is better than kobe. based on the rationale you are giving. he has 2 finals mvp's, lebron has one. he gets another one, and hes tied with kobe. he is close to his 4th mvp. he already has over 21000 points, 5000 rebounds and 5000 assists. he keeps getting better. hell, he may win the defensive player of the year this year, along with his 4th mvp. never been done. so to say kobe has more all around accolades is not exactly the truth.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Spurs Sign T-Mac

→ Phil Jackson Wants to Return to NBA, As Coach or Executive

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!