Lamarcus Aldridge to the Clippers? Rumor out There (P. 2)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

Blake Griffin isn't Shaq? But LaMarcus Aldridge is? K, got it.

Hahahaha dude, were you trained by Skip Bayless?

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7266
votes: 80

if you like horrible defenders, then yeah do it.

oh and to all those that were bashing the clippers for not using their leverage with boston (wanting them to give up irrelevant draft picks galore): its trades like this that make you realize how valuable draft picks can be. gotta see the bigger picture.

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1836
votes: 19

Wait, why would they give us the better pick and the better player in this deal? If you're going to make up trade scenarios try and make them somewhat believable. As much as I love trade r***, it doesn't happen outside of fantasy sports that often.

da11da
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 215
votes: 0

Who said Lamarcus is Shaq??? Can you read????

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Criticize freely but when you join the forum 5 days ago and you're already talking about shipping our franchise players out for lesser players and with such reckless abandon in how you word it, don't be surprised if people find you suspect. Especially because of the huge flood of bangwagoners and trolls around here lately.

da11da
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 215
votes: 0

You say criticize freely but when i do you attack me because you don't like the way i word it. Amazing.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

Jerediscool wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:
I'd do DJ/Butler + 25th pick for Aldridge + 10th pick

Then sign Pierce, Barnes, Oden, Hollins and draft Anthony Bennett.

PG: CP3/Wayns

SG: Bledsoe/Crawford/Green

SF: Pierce/Barnes

PF: Griffin/Bennett

C: LMA/Oden/Hollins

This is Championship roster if everything goes right with injurys. Huge "IF"

Wait, why would they give us the better pick and the better player in this deal? If you're going to make up trade scenarios try and make them somewhat believable. As much as I love trade r***, it doesn't happen outside of fantasy sports that often.

Reason 1: LMA demanded a trade = leverage for us

Reason 2: DJ was offered $11mil a year from our old GM who is POR's new GM

Reason 3: Olshey has been looking for a young Center to Pair with Lillard since trying to get Hibbert

Reason 4: Blazers have said they are trying to trade the 10th pick

Reason 5: We can offer more than Bulls

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

da11da wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Criticize freely but when you join the forum 5 days ago and you're already talking about shipping our franchise players out for lesser players and with such reckless abandon in how you word it, don't be surprised if people find you suspect. Especially because of the huge flood of bangwagoners and trolls around here lately.

You say criticize freely but when i do you attack me because you don't like the way i word it. Amazing.

I criticized your posting which was misinformed. If I told you DeAndre Jordan was better than Marc Gasol I'd expect criticism from you as well.

botev1921
Clipper Starter
Posts: 543

bu.gif
votes: 2

tense2 wrote:
botev1921 wrote:
LMA has one HUGE advantage over both Blake and DJ - he regularly hits FTs and is 80% FT shooter. He improved his FT% from around 70% in the start of his career to the current 80% mark. He is very tough and rarely misses a lot of games - in fact he's missed like 30 games his entire career. If you get a chance at such a player, you don't wonder around and just get him. Not to mention him actually wanting out of there!

I know this doesn't jive with your mind set, but look again if you ever did before.Smile

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/compa ... 2310003%3B

Did I say I want to trade Blake for him? The question is trade DJ and picks for the guy and there is no point in looking at stats - call it what it is - LMA is better FT shooter than Blake...PERIOD!

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

botev1921 wrote:
tense2 wrote:
botev1921 wrote:
LMA has one HUGE advantage over both Blake and DJ - he regularly hits FTs and is 80% FT shooter. He improved his FT% from around 70% in the start of his career to the current 80% mark. He is very tough and rarely misses a lot of games - in fact he's missed like 30 games his entire career. If you get a chance at such a player, you don't wonder around and just get him. Not to mention him actually wanting out of there!

I know this doesn't jive with your mind set, but look again if you ever did before.Smile

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/compa ... 2310003%3B

Did I say I want to trade Blake for him? The question is trade DJ and picks for the guy and there is no point in looking at stats - call it what it is - LMA is better FT shooter than Blake...PERIOD!

Yes in just about 3 times longer in the league. I agree.

clipnasty
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1294

us.gif
votes: 14

All this bickering is so cute.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8861
votes: 43

LaMarcus Aldridge would be an great addition to the Clippers, and it'd be nice if Portland would accept DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler + first round picks for him.

BUT, it sounds like Portland wants Blake Griffin, so LOL that's that end of that. Blake Griffin is pretty much as untouchable as any player in the NBA. Also there is the issue that Aldridge doesn't like to play center, so a trade to the Clipper is just probably not gonna happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/portland-t ... 00272.html

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

There's much more value to a player then just FT's, lol.

And no you don't trade for him...he can not play the Center position.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

Reason 6: We don't need another PF when we have one that's clearly better then him.

Reason 7: He is not a center.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

tense2 wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:

Reason 1: LMA demanded a trade = leverage for us

Reason 2: DJ was offered $11mil a year from our old GM who is POR's new GM

Reason 3: Olshey has been looking for a young Center to Pair with Lillard since trying to get Hibbert

Reason 4: Blazers have said they are trying to trade the 10th pick

Reason 5: We can offer more than Bulls

Reason 6: We don't need another PF when we have one that's clearly better then him.

Reason 7: He is not a center.

Neither is KG

ClippersSince97
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1567
Location: Lob City
votes: 7

LOL typical Olshey. Always overvaluing his players. LMA for BG? No thanks bruh.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

CapsNClips wrote:
tense2 wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:

Reason 1: LMA demanded a trade = leverage for us

Reason 2: DJ was offered $11mil a year from our old GM who is POR's new GM

Reason 3: Olshey has been looking for a young Center to Pair with Lillard since trying to get Hibbert

Reason 4: Blazers have said they are trying to trade the 10th pick

Reason 5: We can offer more than Bulls

Reason 6: We don't need another PF when we have one that's clearly better then him.

Reason 7: He is not a center.

Neither is KG

He has played that position and had some good years there. LA???

da11da
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 215
votes: 0

And how many years does KG have left?

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

2 years. Same amount of years DJ has on his contract. Both won't be on our team past 2 years.

If you'd rather have 2 years of DJ than 2 years of KG than I can't really help you. That's your opinion no matter how crazy.

da11da
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 215
votes: 0

CapsNClips wrote:
da11da wrote:
And how many years does KG have left?

2 years. Same amount of years DJ has on his contract. Both won't be on our team past 2 years.

If you'd rather have 2 years of DJ than 2 years of KG than I can't really help you. That's your opinion no matter how crazy.

Honestly i can care less what you think about my opinion. If we don't trade Jordan i believe Doc can get the best out of him.

KG might be playing for two years but that doesn't mean he will play at a high level.

ClippersSince97
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1567
Location: Lob City
votes: 7

da11da wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:
da11da wrote:
And how many years does KG have left?

2 years. Same amount of years DJ has on his contract. Both won't be on our team past 2 years.

If you'd rather have 2 years of DJ than 2 years of KG than I can't really help you. That's your opinion no matter how crazy.

Honestly i can care less what you think about my opinion. If we don't trade Jordan i believe Doc can get the best out of him.

KG might be playing for two years but that doesn't mean he will play at a high level.

If we get KG, the biggest impact he'll make is not during games. It doesn't matter if he's old and past his prime. That just amounts to more experience and the understanding of what it takes to win it all. His biggest impact will be on the practice floor, in the locker room, and just his presence alone will be invaluable to Blake. If we can get KG to mentor BG even for one season, I think it'll take Blake to the next level. KG will show Blake what kind of player he has to be in order to be a perennial winner. That was my main reason for wanting KG on this team. Also, he can still shoot which would spread the floor for Blake down low as well.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

da11da wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:
da11da wrote:
And how many years does KG have left?

2 years. Same amount of years DJ has on his contract. Both won't be on our team past 2 years.

If you'd rather have 2 years of DJ than 2 years of KG than I can't really help you. That's your opinion no matter how crazy.

Honestly i can care less what you think about my opinion. If we don't trade Jordan i believe Doc can get the best out of him.

KG might be playing for two years but that doesn't mean he will play at a high level.

Doc for sure could get the best out of DJ, but is his best better than Al Jefferson, Aldridge...etc?

No matter how good DJ is on defense with Doc, it won't matter when he's sitting on the bench in crunch time because he can't hit his FT's.

Unless Doc is a Free Throw Wizard, DJ will always be a liability in the 4th and most important quarter.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

da11da wrote:
Voyeur wrote:
This is retarded. There's a reason why Blake started the All Star game 2 years in a row and a reason he's made the 2nd team All NBA two years in a row.

No one is saying Blake isn't good.

so what you're saying is we should trade blake for LA cause LA has the better jumper....

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1836
votes: 19

Counter1: He never demanded a trade. He said if the blazers don't add pieces (a defensive center) than he would prefer to go somewhere that is ready to compete now. He also said that if he doesnt get traded he is fine sticking around and playing his contract out.

Counter2: Just bc he offered him a deal once doesn't mean he still thinks it was a good idea. Hind sight is 20/20

Counter 3: Yes, but he wants to put this center next to LA to to form a beastly front court.

Counter 4: Yes, but they aren't trying to give it away for the 25th. They want to get a proven player for it, not a worse pick and a worse player.

Counter 5: true, we could offer blake which is more. But they asked for noah from chicago which is pretty large as well.

TheThinkingSomething
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 184
votes: 2

Thread completely derailed. Let's get back on track, gentlemen.

I don't see any way this trade could be facilitated where we would end up with even a moderately good deal. Either they will want BG which will clearly be a "No" on our part, or they will want to strip the remains of our current roster and draft picks to the point where we don't have bargaining leverage to address our other deficiencies i.e. Shooting guard/Small forward. What's worse, as already mentioned this scenario would be effectively trying to shoving a square peg into a round hole since we would recruit a PF for our center position causing us to lose a lot on defense. I can't see a way this scenario ends well for us and I don't think our FO is even considering this trade.

AirGriffin
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 5

Alridge would be good, but I don't see it happening. Not enough for clippers to give.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

Jerediscool wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:

Reason 1: LMA demanded a trade = leverage for us

Reason 2: DJ was offered $11mil a year from our old GM who is POR's new GM

Reason 3: Olshey has been looking for a young Center to Pair with Lillard since trying to get Hibbert

Reason 4: Blazers have said they are trying to trade the 10th pick

Reason 5: We can offer more than Bulls

Counter1: He never demanded a trade. He said if the blazers don't add pieces (a defensive center) than he would prefer to go somewhere that is ready to compete now. He also said that if he doesn't get traded he is fine sticking around and playing his contract out.

Counter2: Just bc he offered him a deal once doesn't mean he still thinks it was a good idea. Hind sight is 20/20

Counter 3: Yes, but he wants to put this center next to LA to to form a beastly front court.

Counter 4: Yes, but they aren't trying to give it away for the 25th. They want to get a proven player for it, not a worse pick and a worse player.

Counter 5: true, we could offer blake which is more. But they asked for noah from chicago which is pretty large as well.

Neither the Bulls or Clippers would trade their 2nd best players for LMA. Portland may want them. That's another story

And Portland has been linked to DJ recently. I'm not just pulling that outta my ass. It's Damien's team now, LMA won't stand for playing 2nd fiddle on a lotto team and Portland will take the best offer they can get. Could be us, may not be us. Who knows

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1836
votes: 19

He will settle for it tho bc he said he would. Or they will get the best deal they can for him, they won't settle. They don't have to send LA somewhere he wants. Yes, POR has been linked to DJ but it won't be for LA. Maybe a wes mathews or a batum at best. Batum has an equally bad contract as DJ but more years on it. He is however better at everything than DJ tho.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

I'd do DJ for Batum in a second. But IMO he's more coveted in POR than Aldridge.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

If we're going to try and deal with Portland, then lets get back guys for positions of need. Here's a deal I would offer the Blazers;

DJ + Butler + 25th pick for Batum and Mathews. SF & SG 2 positions very much needed, instead of trying to trade for a PF who is a PF and can't really play Center.

If you have to negotiate down then try Butler+ 1st round pick for Mathews or DJ and maybe the 25th for Batum. If they don't bite move on.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

tense2 wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:

Neither the Bulls or Clippers would trade their 2nd best players for LMA. Portland may want them. That's another story

And Portland has been linked to DJ recently. I'm not just pulling that outta my ass. It's Damien's team now, LMA won't stand for playing 2nd fiddle on a lotto team and Portland will take the best offer they can get. Could be us, may not be us. Who knows

If we're going to try and deal with Portland, then lets get back guys for positions of need. Here's a deal I would offer the Blazers;

DJ + Butler + 25th pick for Batum and Mathews. SF & SG 2 positions very much needed, instead of trying to trade for a PF who is a PF and can't really play Center.

If you have to negotiate down then try Butler+ 1st round pick for Mathews or DJ and maybe the 25th for Batum. If they don't bite move on.

Batum >>> LMA. For our roster. Then sign Jefferson

da11da
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 215
votes: 0

Batum and or Mathews would be awesome.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Agreed on those two. I'd love a DJ+Bledsoe for Mattews+Batum trade. Although Batum is on a freaking mini max deal.

botev1921
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 543

bu.gif
votes: 2
The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly called the Los Angeles Clippers regarding the availability of DeAndre Jordan, though that trade may be on hold for now while Doc Rivers settles into his new job and tries to make sense of things. However, according to a tweet from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Blazers apparently called the Clippers and offered up their talented power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge. As Shelburne alludes to, the Clippers already have a pretty good power forward in Blake Griffin. However, the Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have interest in Aldridge for the number one pick, while the Clippers were previously interested in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

CapsNClips wrote:
tense2 wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:

Neither the Bulls or Clippers would trade their 2nd best players for LMA. Portland may want them. That's another story

And Portland has been linked to DJ recently. I'm not just pulling that outta my ass. It's Damien's team now, LMA won't stand for playing 2nd fiddle on a lotto team and Portland will take the best offer they can get. Could be us, may not be us. Who knows

If we're going to try and deal with Portland, then lets get back guys for positions of need. Here's a deal I would offer the Blazers;

DJ + Butler + 25th pick for Batum and Mathews. SF & SG 2 positions very much needed, instead of trying to trade for a PF who is a PF and can't really play Center.

If you have to negotiate down then try Butler+ 1st round pick for Mathews or DJ and maybe the 25th for Batum. If they don't bite move on.

Batum >>> LMA. For our roster. Then sign Jefferson

Agree, except the Jefferson part. Very Happy

We need defense at the center spot.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9552
votes: 22

Close to what DJ s making, but yes a little higher. Don't think they have a need for Bled, which I would keep for another deal.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50
The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly called the Los Angeles Clippers regarding the availability of DeAndre Jordan, though that trade may be on hold for now while Doc Rivers settles into his new job and tries to make sense of things. However, according to a tweet from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Blazers apparently called the Clippers and offered up their talented power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge. As Shelburne alludes to, the Clippers already have a pretty good power forward in Blake Griffin. However, the Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have interest in Aldridge for the number one pick, while the Clippers were previously interested in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

ClippersSince97
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1567
Location: Lob City
votes: 7
The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly called the Los Angeles Clippers regarding the availability of DeAndre Jordan, though that trade may be on hold for now while Doc Rivers settles into his new job and tries to make sense of things. However, according to a tweet from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Blazers apparently called the Clippers and offered up their talented power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge. As Shelburne alludes to, the Clippers already have a pretty good power forward in Blake Griffin. However, the Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have interest in Aldridge for the number one pick, while the Clippers were previously interested in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

Tense, Doc said it himself. Other than Tony Allen he's never had a defensive anchor on his team. He has a system that makes players play defense and it doesn't matter if Jefferson can't defend 1 on 1, it matters if he can defend 5 on 5

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1836
votes: 19
The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly called the Los Angeles Clippers regarding the availability of DeAndre Jordan, though that trade may be on hold for now while Doc Rivers settles into his new job and tries to make sense of things. However, according to a tweet from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Blazers apparently called the Clippers and offered up their talented power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge. As Shelburne alludes to, the Clippers already have a pretty good power forward in Blake Griffin. However, the Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have interest in Aldridge for the number one pick, while the Clippers were previously interested in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ if that trade goes down, the clips will be a threat to win several titles for many years to come. imagine varejao and maclemore with cp3, BG,crawford and maybe ebled.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

3 team trade

Kings send out DMC and Tyreke

Kings receive #2 pick, DJ, and Butler

Orlando sends out #2 pick and Afflalo

Orlando receives Tyreke, Bledsoe and #25 pick

Clippers send out DJ, Butler, Bledsoe and #25 pick

Clippers receive DMC and Afflalo

Hooligans
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 217
votes: 3

laker fan trade scenarios up in here.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ not really, since these are scenarios various sources have been talking about. its not make believe in fantasy land. some scenarios i havent heard of, but most of them are out there.

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1836
votes: 19

I don't think this trade ever has a chance of going through but if we did end up with the number 1 id rather go oladipo or otto porter than mclemore. Something about that kid just irks me

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1836
votes: 19

This trade actually does make sense for all parties. Was this something you made up or something that has actually been discussed?

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

Jerediscool wrote:
bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
^ if that trade goes down, the clips will be a threat to win several titles for many years to come. imagine varejao and maclemore with cp3, BG,crawford and maybe ebled.

I don't think this trade ever has a chance of going through but if we did end up with the number 1 id rather go oladipo or otto porter than mclemore. Something about that kid just irks me

i think id take porter over oladipo. oladipo seems a bit overrated to me. i would say that if we get the number 1 pick, we could package it with ebled to get a very good young player in return.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4187

us.gif
votes: 50

Jerediscool wrote:
CapsNClips wrote:
3 team trade

Kings send out DMC and Tyreke

Kings receive #2 pick, DJ, and Butler

Orlando sends out #2 pick and Afflalo

Orlando receives Tyreke, Bledsoe and #25 pick

Clippers send out DJ, Butler, Bledsoe and #25 pick

Clippers receive DMC and Afflalo

This trade actually does make sense for all parties. Was this something you made up or something that has actually been discussed?

I made it up. I heard Sacramento wants to move up to get McLemore that's how I started it.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ looking at that trade, i would agree it benefits all parties involved.

LotsoHope
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1738
votes: 9
The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly called the Los Angeles Clippers regarding the availability of DeAndre Jordan, though that trade may be on hold for now while Doc Rivers settles into his new job and tries to make sense of things. However, according to a tweet from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Blazers apparently called the Clippers and offered up their talented power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge. As Shelburne alludes to, the Clippers already have a pretty good power forward in Blake Griffin. However, the Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have interest in Aldridge for the number one pick, while the Clippers were previously interested in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Rumor: Doc Rivers to the Clippers?

→ Eric Bledsoe for DeMar DeRozan/Andrea Bargnani Rumor

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!