ESPN Insider Request: How DeAndre Jordan Has Improved

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
namzug
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1374
Location: So Cal
votes: 14
  
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=20717 If anyone with Insider could post this, it'd be much appreciated, Thanks. ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142

ESPN with the scoop again, I see.


FightOnRon
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 5604
Location: The Darkside
us.gif
votes: 43


Repped High Quality Post
Unless you're big into fantasy basketball or a close follower of the Clippers, it might be easy to overlook the big season DeAndre Jordan is having in his first year under Doc Rivers. But, as NBA.com's stats department pointed via Twitter on Thursday, Jordan is in fact having a breakout season in his sixth year as a pro. Heading into last night's games, Jordan was leading the league in FG% (.649) and rebounds per game (13.5) and was third in blocks per....


namzug
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1374
Location: So Cal
votes: 14

That's great company, Thanks @FightOnRon always helping us out with these.


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4


Repped High Quality Post
Thanks Ron for posting. I'm not ready to buy into DJ being a great defender. He's a highlight machine offensive / defensively, but because of these highlights, I think people misinterpret them into him being a top defender in the league. There are so many errors in his defensive game that a few highlight blocks won't make up for. Right now, unless the ball comes to him, DJ will get out-hustled almost every rebound. He hates getting physical, and also gets....


ClipperDB
Clipper Starter
Posts: 366

us.gif
votes: 1
Laak wrote:
Thanks Ron for posting. I'm not ready to buy into DJ being a great defender. He's a highlight machine offensive / defensively, but because of these highlights, I think people misinterpret them into him being a top defender in the league. There are so many errors in his defensive game that a few highlight blocks won't make up for. Right now, unless the ball comes to him, DJ will get out-hustled almost every rebound. He hates getting physical, and also gets....


tense2
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11552
votes: 26
For the Clippers to be a championship type team they NEED continued improvement from DJ AND Blake. Plus a decent back up big. Not sure....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Hard to criticize the rebounding of the guy who leads the league in rebounding. Might as well say Love and Howard will also get "outhustled unless the ball comes to them" since they're both getting fewer boards in similar minutes (Howard 1 min less, Love 1 min more). Not saying there aren't other holes in his overall game, but the only flaw concerning DJ and rebounding this season is that he's not showing Hollins how to do it. ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
The majority of....


ClipperKyle32
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3330
votes: 28
Laak wrote:
Thanks Ron for posting. I'm not ready to buy into DJ being a great defender. He's a highlight machine offensive / defensively, but because of these highlights, I think people misinterpret them into him being a top defender in the league. There are so many errors in his defensive game that a few highlight blocks won't make up for. Right now, unless the ball comes to him, DJ will get out-hustled almost every rebound. He hates getting physical, and also gets....


ClipperPostman
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3207
votes: 24
Laak wrote:
Thanks Ron for posting. I'm not ready to buy into DJ being a great defender. He's a highlight machine offensive / defensively, but because of these highlights, I think people misinterpret them into him being a top defender in the league. There are so many errors in his defensive game that a few highlight blocks won't make up for. Right now, unless the ball comes to him, DJ will get out-hustled almost every rebound. He hates getting physical, and also gets....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
ClipperKyle32 wrote:
What does a player have to do to be called "GREAT" defender? Deandre is one of the top DEFENSIVE players in this league! There is a difference between being a DEFENDER and a DEFENSIVE player! A Defender can shut his man down night in and night out! A Defensive players is a players who is always in great help position to Block or Alter shots from other players! Defensive not only means BLOCKING shots but DEFENSIVE rebounding! Deandre right now....


Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 733
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4
Some of you remind of those people who continued to say that the world was flat, even after it was proven that it wasn't. DJ has improved every year he has been in the league. He's not just lucky to be a league leader in rebounding. If it was really so easy and luck, then anyone could do it. Just suck it up and admit that you were wrong about DJ and just move past it. It's....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
Cliptonyte wrote:
Some of you remind of those people who continued to say that the world was flat, even after it was proven that it wasn't. DJ has improved every year he has been in the league. He's not just lucky to be a league leader in rebounding. If it was really so easy and luck, then anyone could do it. Just suck it up and admit that you were wrong about DJ and just move past it. It's....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
Cliptonyte wrote:
Some of you remind of those people who continued to say that the world was flat, even after it was proven that it wasn't. DJ has improved every year he has been in the league. He's not just lucky to be a league leader in rebounding. If it was really so easy and luck, then anyone could do it. Just suck it up and admit that you were wrong about DJ and just move past it. It's....


tense2
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11552
votes: 26
Laak wrote:
If I'm wrong, great. Changes my perspective. But at least back yourself with some proof before telling I'm wrong. I never said he's lucky to be rebounding leader. He's rebounding leader because of his crazy athleticism. He can cover so much area in air, that's what I meant by ball coming to him. If he can start being more physical and boxing people out like you're supposed to, then he can be much better. You say DJ's improved every year and he's....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4

Sigh.. okay his rebounding improved.


CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7269
votes: 12
ClipperPostman wrote:
I actually agree with some of what you said. But the rebounding part isn't true. If you are the top rebounder in the league averaging over 13 per game you are the best rebounder lol. To say every rebounds he gets are the ones that come to him: Isn't true - I've seen him fight every game for rebounds Doesn't make sense considering he is the #1 rebounder in the league. This means that he is the luckiest player in the league.....


Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 733
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4
Former NBA Coach, Hubie Brown, said he'll be in the mix for defensive player of the year, but what does he know? ....


Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 733
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4
Or how about what Doc Rivers was saying about him in an NBA.com article the other day? I am not sure that I can prove something that apparently you just can't see for yourself? I agree that he's still raw and hasn't reached his full potential. All I am saying is that you still aren't happy with him, then you're impossible to please. ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04 You're funny... half of Randolph's rebounds are off his own missed shots within 2 feet. He's so f*cking fat, nobody can move him. Love is a great rebounder, no doubt... but how many times does he sacrifice his rebounding position to....


jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9549

rp.gif
votes: 43
Laak wrote:
The majority of the rebounds he gets should be called freebies to him. He gets the rebounds simply because he's the tallest, and has great vertical. Howard is same as DJ. Players I respect are guys like Randolph and Love. They aren't gifted with the athletic abilities like DJ and D12. But they try they're best to fight for position, box players out to get the ball. That's an EARNED rebound. DJ rarely fights for a rebound like these guys do. I....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
Even LeBron can be criticized for his game. There's....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Dude, don't act like a b!tch... all passive-aggressive and sh!t.. Everybody who disagreed with you said that he has room for improvement, but you calling him out on his rebounding is just flat out wrong... there is....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
I'm talking about rebounding skills. If all the centers in NBA had the same height / athleticism, do you still think he'd be the best rebounder? Purely relying on athleticism is never good. I....


CapsNClips
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5340

us.gif
votes: 60


Repped High Quality Post
Saying DJ is the best rebounder in the game isn't praising, it's called not lying. Also maybe saying LBJ needs improvement isn't the best way to get out of debate jam. LBJ needs room for improvement about....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Really? YOU could care less? Well, there's no arguing with that logic. Duncan:....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Baaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! Repped! ....


Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5129
votes: 29

Oops. Nothing to see here. Wrong thread.


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
You still haven't answered this. If all the centers in NBA had the same height / athleticism, do you still think he'd be the best rebounder? ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
And if CP3 could run as fast and Jump as high as Russell Westbrook, we'd be looking at a 3-peat... what's your point? ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
Forget it. My definition of being a good rebounder is different than yours. Talking about different things in the first place. ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Yeah... stupid DJ... he should get rebounds without jumping. :roll: ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4

Fundamentals > athleticism.


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
When it comes to rebounding this season... it looks to me (and the facts) like you're wrong. ....


jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9549

rp.gif
votes: 43
Oh we're playing the what if game now? ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
When it truly matters in playoffs he'll struggle against elite teams if he doesn't develop. The facts tell me which teams are first seeds every year. Do only first seeds become champs? ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Good point... so how many rings do your boys Randolph and Love have? Timmy's Spurs got a top seed in the West... shame they were just one REBOUND away from being champs. ....


CapsNClips
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5340

us.gif
votes: 60
K Love is a great rebounder because of his low center of gravity which helps immensely in boxing out. If Kevin Love's legs and body were the same height as DJ, he'd be less effective at the box out because less lower center of gravity means less balance and stability. ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4

Teams win championships, players win awards.


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
So Duncan's MVP's hurt his team? You're a DJ-hating joke. ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4
No individual players can win a championship on their own. Why misinterpret? My definition of good rebounding is having good fundamentals. I say one thing about DJ having poor fundamentals and you call it hate lol. ....


tense2
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11552
votes: 26
Apparently like most people who wear blinkers you're not looking at ALL the numbers. Sigh. ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
[quote="Laak"]No individual players can win a championship on their own. Why misinterpret? My definition of good rebounding is having good fundamentals. I say one thing about DJ having poor fundamentals and you call it hate lol. Yeah, if only Shaq had not been so big and heavy... I really wish the NBA was like NASCAR. :roll: ....


CapsNClips
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5340

us.gif
votes: 60
Good fundamentals are great when it's 1955 and everybody in the NBA is a 5'9 white dude. Luckily for everybody except those white dudes Bill Russell got into the league and said "F*ck set shots and pick-n-rolls, I want to out jump every motherf*cker and grab....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Damn, if the NBA was all about 5' 9" white dudes, I'd be on an MLE contract! Monaaaaaaay!!! ....


Laak
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1083
votes: 4

Just said my opinions that's all. Guess they were pretty idiotic huh? lol.

Have a good night Smile


CapsNClips
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5340

us.gif
votes: 60
You might still have a chance on getting signed by the Lakers, they desperatly need......a.....um.....anybody. ....


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10488

us.gif
votes: 142
Dude, there are some things I just won't do for money... and playing for the lakers ranks slightly below standing on Santa Monica Blvd in a miniskirt. "Wearing purple and piss always gets me raped" - Pau Gasol ....


tense2
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11552
votes: 26
Cleepers, you're my favorite "Bull Dog" and I mean that in the most flattering/positive terms mate....and the wit, oh the wit. He'll slice you up and you won't even notice you're bleeding until you leave the room. Beware all trolls of the "Bull Dog". ....


Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!