Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← This City Belongs To The Clippers Going Forward Log in to check your private messages → Dwight Howard Will Join Houston Rockets
Author   
ladodgermaniac
Post Subject: Official Clippers MLE 2008 Q&A - MLE is NOT available! Post ID: 15384by ladodgermaniac » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:13 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 276
Reputation: 55Reputation: 55 Rep Post +1
votes: 2
 

with Azubuike signed (assuming he is), SG is done (him,Gordon, Mobley) PG is done (Davis ,Knight, Talyor) PF/ C (Kaman, Camby,Powell, Jordan, Davis,etc) SF Thomas, Thornton , ???

Childress and Gomes are said to hoping to get MLE

I think Childress is possible as ATL already has 52 mil plus in payroll and still need to sign Josh Smith

Clips can offer him 5 years and about $35 mil (5.8 mil plus 8% per year with MLE)

Forgot to mention.... Dorrel Wright as a possibilty



                
      Back to top
clipps04
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15385by clipps04 » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:16 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3351
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 17

Azubuike has been said to be able to play SG or SF. He is a bit short for SF but has the skills to handle to position.

                
      Back to top
ladodgermaniac
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15386by ladodgermaniac » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:18 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 276
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

By the way MINN payroll is 58 mil already, they would match a MLE offer.

                
      Back to top
clipnasty
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15387by clipnasty » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:25 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1185

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 13

we for sure have the MLE left?

                
      Back to top
scudsy
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15389by scudsy » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:27 AM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 170

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 2

if we land azuibuke we get MLE.....i think.

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15394by journeyman » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:39 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

I read that we don't have the MLE this year. I thought we did, but we had to renounce it in order to make room for Davis/Camby. We only had $3M left, so we signed Azubuike to an offer sheet starting at $3M. After that, we're only allowed league minimum offers.

                
      Back to top
scudsy
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15395by scudsy » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:41 AM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 170

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 2

sucks. i guess it was worth it for camby/davis

                
      Back to top
ladodgermaniac
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15396by ladodgermaniac » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:42 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 276
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

YES Clips haver MLE....only teams that get to cap get it... that is why they didnt have it UNTIL they get/got to cap.... So once they are to the CAP they have MLE AND bi-annual exception...... ***** READ THIS....ONCE AND FOR ALL YES CLIPS HAVE MLE and Bi-annual!!!!!! ******

                
      Back to top
scudsy
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15397by scudsy » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:43 AM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 170

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 2

....SO CONFUSING! T_T

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post Subject: RE: If Azubuike puts Clips at CAP, MLE is next..Childress,Go Post ID: 15404by journeyman » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:00 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

ladodgermaniac

The MLE is for teams who are already over the cap coming into the off-season.

By renouncing Maggette/Brand, we were able to reclaim their cap space, but we also forfeited the MLE and the Bi-Annual. Those are exceptions that teams get if they want to bring in a FA whom they don't have bird rights to PLUS they are over the cap (Tim Thomas was brought in with the MLE when we were over the cap).

If we had kept Maggette and Brand's bird rights, we would have been allowed to re-sign them both, even though it meant going over the cap. The MLE/BAE would have kicked in afterward.

The MLE/BAE is forfeited in order to keep teams from spending up to the cap, and then going over with an exception. Otherwise, what would be the point of exceptions?

                
      Back to top
krapper11
Post ID: 15406by krapper11 » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:05 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 281
Rep Post +1
votes: 3

exactly stop tripping people!...all we have left is vet minimums for ANY signings....

                
      Back to top
toohipcliptoslip
Post ID: 15495by toohipcliptoslip » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:11 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4473
Rep Post +1
votes: 29

How much is Eddie House? He can hit 3's and we need that bad and he shouldn't be much $$

                
      Back to top
clipnasty
Post ID: 15496by clipnasty » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:21 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1185

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 13

We really need a back up big IMO. Kaman, Camby, and then who is our next PF/C???

                
      Back to top
NUMB3RFIFTY
Post ID: 15498by NUMB3RFIFTY » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:27 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1618

am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 36

We really need to bring back Chris Wilcox lol...

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 15505by clipper*joe » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:36 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

journeyman wrote:
ladodgermaniac

The MLE is for teams who are already over the cap coming into the off-season.

By renouncing Maggette/Brand, we were able to reclaim their cap space, but we also forfeited the MLE and the Bi-Annual. Those are exceptions that teams get if they want to bring in a FA whom they don't have bird rights to PLUS they are over the cap (Tim Thomas was brought in with the MLE when we were over the cap).

If we had kept Maggette and Brand's bird rights, we would have been allowed to re-sign them both, even though it meant going over the cap. The MLE/BAE would have kicked in afterward.

The MLE/BAE is forfeited in order to keep teams from spending up to the cap, and then going over with an exception. Otherwise, what would be the point of exceptions?

If I am not mistaken, every team gets the MLE...every year. The teams that are over the limit can only use it on FREE AGENTS. The ones under the cap can use it for their current players looking for an extension.

I posted this not too long ago :

Quote:
The NBA salaray cap for the 2008-09 season will be $58.68 million, ESPN.com has learned.

The figure was arrived at after daylong consultations between lawyers for the NBA and the players' union.

The luxury tax threshold will be $71.15 million, and the value of the mid-level exception will be $5.585 million. Over-the-cap teams can only offer the mid-level exception to free agents.

The league's moratorium on trades and free-agent signings expires at midnight on Tuesday, and three teams -- the Golden State Warriors, Philadephia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers -- had been waiting on the exact cap figure to determine the size of the offers they can make to Elton Brand, who had become the No. 1 free-agent target of all three teams. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Tuesday evening that Brand has given a verbal commitment to the 76ers. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479183

                
      Back to top
KamanOwnsYou
Post ID: 15507by KamanOwnsYou » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:37 PM PST
Clipper Starter
 Avatar

Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4 Rep Post +1
votes: 5

clipper*joe wrote:
journeyman wrote:
ladodgermaniac

The MLE is for teams who are already over the cap coming into the off-season.

By renouncing Maggette/Brand, we were able to reclaim their cap space, but we also forfeited the MLE and the Bi-Annual. Those are exceptions that teams get if they want to bring in a FA whom they don't have bird rights to PLUS they are over the cap (Tim Thomas was brought in with the MLE when we were over the cap).

If we had kept Maggette and Brand's bird rights, we would have been allowed to re-sign them both, even though it meant going over the cap. The MLE/BAE would have kicked in afterward.

The MLE/BAE is forfeited in order to keep teams from spending up to the cap, and then going over with an exception. Otherwise, what would be the point of exceptions?

If I am not mistaken, every team gets the MLE...every year. The teams that are over the limit can only use it on FREE AGENTS. The ones under the cap can use it for their current players looking for an extension.

I posted this not too long ago :

Quote:
The NBA salaray cap for the 2008-09 season will be $58.68 million, ESPN.com has learned.

The figure was arrived at after daylong consultations between lawyers for the NBA and the players' union.

The luxury tax threshold will be $71.15 million, and the value of the mid-level exception will be $5.585 million. Over-the-cap teams can only offer the mid-level exception to free agents.

The league's moratorium on trades and free-agent signings expires at midnight on Tuesday, and three teams -- the Golden State Warriors, Philadephia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers -- had been waiting on the exact cap figure to determine the size of the offers they can make to Elton Brand, who had become the No. 1 free-agent target of all three teams. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Tuesday evening that Brand has given a verbal commitment to the 76ers. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479183

EVERY TEAM GETS AN MLE TO USE ON A PLAYER, BUT I DONT THINK ITS EVERY YEAR. I BELIVE PHOENIX DOESNT HAVE IT BC THEY SIGNED GRANT HILL TO IT.

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 15510by ClipperCalvin » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:45 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

this is disappointing news, as I was hoping we could sign another good player with the MLE....but even if we did or didni't have it, I doubt we would've used it, knowing DTS...but he's been good for us lately

only option we have now to improve our roster is to trade mobley/thomas in a sign and trade, and we'll probably have to throw in a 1st rounder....i'd be against trading one of them only, since we probably can't get much in return....but if we package both with their salaries with a pick, we might be able to land something big....J-Smitty for sign n trade....even zach randolph..although i think TT/Cat would be better for us than z-bo...

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 15512by clipper*joe » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:52 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

KamanOwnsYou wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
journeyman wrote:
ladodgermaniac

The MLE is for teams who are already over the cap coming into the off-season.

By renouncing Maggette/Brand, we were able to reclaim their cap space, but we also forfeited the MLE and the Bi-Annual. Those are exceptions that teams get if they want to bring in a FA whom they don't have bird rights to PLUS they are over the cap (Tim Thomas was brought in with the MLE when we were over the cap).

If we had kept Maggette and Brand's bird rights, we would have been allowed to re-sign them both, even though it meant going over the cap. The MLE/BAE would have kicked in afterward.

The MLE/BAE is forfeited in order to keep teams from spending up to the cap, and then going over with an exception. Otherwise, what would be the point of exceptions?

If I am not mistaken, every team gets the MLE...every year. The teams that are over the limit can only use it on FREE AGENTS. The ones under the cap can use it for their current players looking for an extension.

I posted this not too long ago :

Quote:
The NBA salaray cap for the 2008-09 season will be $58.68 million, ESPN.com has learned.

The figure was arrived at after daylong consultations between lawyers for the NBA and the players' union.

The luxury tax threshold will be $71.15 million, and the value of the mid-level exception will be $5.585 million. Over-the-cap teams can only offer the mid-level exception to free agents.

The league's moratorium on trades and free-agent signings expires at midnight on Tuesday, and three teams -- the Golden State Warriors, Philadephia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers -- had been waiting on the exact cap figure to determine the size of the offers they can make to Elton Brand, who had become the No. 1 free-agent target of all three teams. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Tuesday evening that Brand has given a verbal commitment to the 76ers. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479183

EVERY TEAM GETS AN MLE TO USE ON A PLAYER, BUT I DONT THINK ITS EVERY YEAR. I BELIVE PHOENIX DOESNT HAVE IT BC THEY SIGNED GRANT HILL TO IT.

EVERY TEAM GETS IT EVERY YEAR! I don't know what the Suns did but maybe they are using the MLE on HILL every year as written in his contract...I don't know.

Here is an excerpt from the CBA rules:

19. Are there exceptions to the salary cap?

Yes. Teams are not allowed to be over the salary cap, unless they are using one of these exceptions:

LARRY BIRD EXCEPTION EARLY BIRD EXCEPTION NON-BIRD EXCEPTION

*MID-LEVEL SALARY EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract equal to the average salary, even if they are over the cap (see question number 24 for the definition of "average salary." Also note that for 2005-06 they used a defined figure of $5 million). This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts of up to five years in length, and raises are limited to 8% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year. For example, a team can sign a player to a five-year contract using this exception and still use the exception the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 20 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

If the player is a restricted free agent with one or two years of service and receives an offer sheet from a new team, the player's prior team may use the Mid-Level exception to match the offer sheet (see question number 36 for restricted free agency).

Here are the actual values of this exception for each season. Note that since this exception is based on the average player salary, the actual value of this exception is not determined until the start of the free agent signing period.

BI-ANNUAL EXCEPTION ROOKIE EXCEPTION TRADED PLAYER EXCEPTION

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#1

                
      Back to top
scudsy
Post ID: 15519by scudsy » Jul 18, 2008 - 12:59 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 170

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 2

....so basically clippers do have MLE???

                
      Back to top
KamanOwnsYou
Post ID: 15531by KamanOwnsYou » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:07 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

RIGHTON. THANKS CLIPPER JOE, I WANNA FIGURE OUT HOW PHOENIX DID IT THEN BC I HEARD THAT THEY DONT HAVE THE FULL EXCEPTION BC OF HILL. HMMMM

                
      Back to top
krapper11
Post ID: 15540by krapper11 » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:12 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 281
Rep Post +1
votes: 3

the MLE is for teams that start the offseason OVER the cap!....we were not over the cap so we dont have it....the only way we would've been able to keep it was if we resigned maggette and brand without renouncing them either(because we had bird rights on both of them which allows you to go over the cap to sign that player, and once over the cap our MLE would've been all we had left to work with)....once you sign an unrestricted FA with your cap space you lose your MLE(once we signed baron we lost it!)....again ALL WE HAVE LEFT IS VET MINIMUMS!

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 15543by david » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:12 PM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8029
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

I'm tending to think that Journeyman is right, but I'm hoping somehow we still have the MLE. Were Brand and Maggette officially renounced?

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 15544by ClipperCalvin » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:14 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

OKAY, EVERYONE SHUT UP!! like i said before, whether we have it or don't, we ain't using it if we do....DTS!! hope we still explore sign and trade possibilities involving TT/Cat and a 1st rounder for a top notch RFA....

                
      Back to top
KamanOwnsYou
Post ID: 15547by KamanOwnsYou » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:15 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

BONZI WELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                
      Back to top
scudsy
Post ID: 15551by scudsy » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:17 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 170

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 2

i wouldnt mind having bonzi wells ha plays well and can score.......plus he has a really dope name

                
      Back to top
KamanOwnsYou
Post ID: 15553by KamanOwnsYou » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:18 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

BINGO FOR BONZI!!! I CAN SEE IT NOW!

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post Subject: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15554by journeyman » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar

Age: 30
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Reputation: 351.6Reputation: 351.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 40


Repped High Quality Post
  1. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?

If a team is below the cap, then their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question numbers 29, 30, 31, 32). A team can't act like they're under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

So it is not true that being under the cap necessarily means a team has room to sign free agents. For example, assume the cap is $49.5 million, and a team has $43 million committed to salaries. They also have a Mid-Level exception for $5 million and a Traded Player exception for $5.5 million. Even though their salaries put them $6.5 million under the cap, their exceptions are added to their salaries, putting them at $53.5 million, or $4 million over the cap. So they actually have no cap room to sign free agents, and must instead use their exceptions.

Teams have the option of renouncing their exceptions in order to claim the cap room. So in the example above, if the team renounced their Traded Player and Mid-Level exceptions, then the $10.5 million is taken off their team salary, which then totals $43 million, leaving them with $6.5 million of cap room which can then be used to sign free agent(s).

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#19

We renounced our exceptions in order to claim our cap room, which we then used to sign Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.

I hope this helps.

                
      Back to top
KamanOwnsYou
Post Subject: RE: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15556by KamanOwnsYou » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:21 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

WE RENOUNCED THAT TOO? I THOUGHT WE JUST RENOUNCED THE RIGHTS TO PLAYERS. I SWEAR I HEARD SOMEWHERE THAT WE STILL HAVE IT

                
      Back to top
EI_Nino_Jesus
Post Subject: RE: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15557by EI_Nino_Jesus » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:22 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1016

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 8

Nice post journeyman, I'm guessing we might execute a trade due to some info I found about some players..but who knows, the clips are mysterious.

                
      Back to top
jarca
Post ID: 15558by jarca » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:22 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7373

rp.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Go Bonzi

                
      Back to top
clipps04
Post Subject: RE: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15559by clipps04 » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:23 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3351
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 17

Thanks for clearing this up. Too many posts going back and forth between we have it and we don't.

                
      Back to top
EI_Nino_Jesus
Post Subject: RE: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15561by EI_Nino_Jesus » Jul 18, 2008 - 01:24 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1016

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 8

true

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post Subject: Re: We no longer hold a Mid-Level Exception. Post ID: 15685by clipper*joe » Jul 18, 2008 - 05:43 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Your right! I concede... cry

                
      Back to top
prokreation
Post ID: 15691by prokreation » Jul 18, 2008 - 05:49 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 700
Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Marcus Williams is playing NICE in the summer league. 24 points! This will be one of our best years ever.

                
      Back to top
MrB
Post ID: 15711by MrB » Jul 18, 2008 - 06:44 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 18

Wait, wait, wait! Can you tell me that MLE stuff again. Na J/K.

There has to be a vet out there looking to help put us over the hump and make us better. I don't think we are done. Maybe Dunleavy has one more trick up his sleeve. I hope.

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 17346by david » Jul 25, 2008 - 03:52 PM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8029
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

Okay- we DO NOT have the MLE to spend- Ralph just answered the question I posed in his mailbag:


Hi Ralph,

Do we still have the MLE left to spend?

Davis,

No, as soon as the team dropped below the salary cap to acquire Baron Davis, they lost their Mid-Level and Bi-annual Exceptions. You don’t get those exceptions back even when you climb back over the cap. They should have both of those assets next summer. Then in the summer of 2010, the Clippers will be in a position to be a major player in that year’s Super Free-Agent Sweepstakes.

  • Ralph

http://www.nba.com/clippers/features/ra ... 80725.html

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17351by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:07 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

good job David..way to be persistent in getting us the final correct answer on this issue.***

so who were the idiots that thought we had the MLE again? don't ever try to get me over excited again...and stop trying to interpret complicated NBA documents with your cal-state degrees!

TROJAN FOOTBALL #1 BABY!!!

                
      Back to top
sz123456
Post ID: 17353by sz123456 » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:10 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2087
Rep Post +1
votes: 10

Since we've been wheeling and dealing so frequently, I have so little patience now. I'm dying to hear our next move!

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 17354by journeyman » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:11 PM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

First of all, they are not idiots. The CBA is pretty complex.

Second, I'm a Cal State Northridge alumnus and was able to figure out the MLE.

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17362by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:17 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

LOL...i was jus frustrated to hear that we don't have the MLE...shut up stupid

p.s. so were you one of the geniuses who said we HAVE or DON'T HAVE the MLE???

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 17364by clipper*joe » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120


Repped High Quality Post

First of all, no one here is an idiot...most analysts have a hard time with the CBA rules as it is . Second of all, it doesn't matter what damn college anyone went to. Sports knowledge has nothing to do with a degree and if you say you went to USC then I guess all the money you spent on your degree didn't buy you common sense. I have a degree from Cal state LA and I don't know everything...but I don't go around pissing on people who couldn't afford to go to college. Finally, for being new here, I am surprised you seek attention by flaunting something no one really cares about. You might want to practice humility next time or did you take a course in that to?

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 17365by journeyman » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

@ Calvin - Maybe if you scrolled up you'd find out, lab partner.

                
      Back to top
journeyman
14 Post ID: 17368by journeyman » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:23 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar

Age: 30
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Reputation: 351.6Reputation: 351.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 40

clipper*joe wrote:
ClipperCalvin wrote:
good job David..way to be persistent in getting us the final correct answer on this issue.***

so who were the idiots that thought we had the MLE again? don't ever try to get me over excited again...and stop trying to interpret complicated NBA documents with your cal-state degrees!

TROJAN FOOTBALL #1 BABY!!!

First of all, no one here is an idiot...most analysts have a hard time with the CBA rules as it is . Second of all, it doesn't matter what damn college anyone went to. Sports knowledge has nothing to do with a degree and if you say you went to USC then I guess all the money you spent on your degree didn't buy you common sense. I have a degree from Cal state LA and I don't know everything...but I don't go around pissing on people who couldn't afford to go to college. Finally, for being new here, I am surprised you seek attention by flaunting something no one really cares about. You might want to practice humility next time or did you take a course in that to?

As usual, CJ makes the most sense.

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17369by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:24 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

hahahaha...jeez!! ok ok..i take it back!! are there a lot of girls on this clippers chat?? cuz y'all are a bunch o Sensative Sams...LOL

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 17372by david » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:25 PM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8029
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

I warned you before- if you keep it up and you will surely be banned. PLEASE stop calling other members here names! Final time- please read and follow the site rules and guidelines:

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17374by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:33 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

hahahahaha....do it and you'll be losing one of the most eccentric, funny, faithful, and knowledgable clipper fans on this chat....re-read my post...it's simply dry humor....everyone CALM DOWN

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 17376by clipper*joe » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:38 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Just mellow out...were on the same team. Make you point but don't rub it in. I will say you had it right but c'mon man, no need for that. Just say you called it first and move on. Even in the face of getting banned you come off with sheer arrogance. Don't do something you'll regret. It's all good.

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17377by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:38 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

David,

Here's a tip...next time, send a member who acts inappropriately a private message...no sense in you responding to inappropriateness with an inappropriate, airing the dirty laundry, "I warned you" type of language for rest of public to see...just a tip...you're awesome dude

                
      Back to top
ClipperCalvin
Post ID: 17378by ClipperCalvin » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:40 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

thanks Clipper Joe...your maturity shows and i will oblige outta respect for you...

p.s. why aren't you the site administrator?

                
      Back to top
toohipcliptoslip
Post ID: 17380by toohipcliptoslip » Jul 25, 2008 - 04:40 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar

Posts: 4473
Reputation: 426.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 29

MLE, SCHMEM LE It doesn't matter . I' ve been saying this all season. I know Sterling won't do it but if we find the perfect player to make our team 2nd round PO material and we go 2 mil or maybe three over the cap SO WHAT? Isn' the tax one $ for every $ we go ever the cap. We get a player for 3 and we pay an extra $1.8 Our goal is to win at the game of basketball not Salary Cap. What would Cuban do?

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← This City Belongs To The Clippers Going Forward Log in to check your private messages → Dwight Howard Will Join Houston Rockets


← This City Belongs To The Clippers Going Forward

→ Dwight Howard Will Join Houston Rockets

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts Clippers Betting Odds Discussion & Analysis 0 Apr 18, 2014 - 12:26 PM
No new posts Matt Barnes May Be the Key to a Clippers Championship 8 Apr 18, 2014 - 05:24 AM
No new posts Clippers vs Warriors Playoffs Game Thread 2014-04-19 75 Apr 17, 2014 - 01:21 AM
No new posts ESPN First Take Returns: Clippers Playoff Ready? 12 Apr 16, 2014 - 08:43 PM
No new posts Clippers @ Trailblazers Game Thread 2014-04-16 241 Apr 16, 2014 - 03:08 AM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!