Hey guys- seeing that the site as grown by a lot the past few months, I've decided to implement some rules and guidelines to make the forum a better place for all Clipper fans. Most of these are pretty much no-brainers, but some might not be as obvious. So PLEASE read through the entire list and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
1) This is a discussion forum and not everyone is going to agree. But do not resort to insulting other fellow members or launch any sort of personal attack.
2) Use good grammar/spelling and don't use ALL-CAPS (it makes it "sound" like you're yelling).
3) Prevent duplicate topics. Before you post a new topic, be sure that the same topic hasn't already been posted. Use the "Search" function in the forum if needed. When there are too many different topics that are essentially the same topic it makes the forum look un-tidy. There are exceptions though and it's okay to post a similar topic if it involves some sort of late-breaking news/rumors. However once that's posted it's not okay to post ANOTHER topic regarding the SAME news/event.
4) Post in the proper Forum. E.g. please do not post a topic called "I Hate Elton Brand" in the Clippers Rumors forum.
5) Use a descriptive topic name when creating new topics. Don't create topics with names such as "What do you think", "You must read this" or "Check this out".
6) Feel free to give a positive reputation vote to another member whom you think have made a great post. You can do so by clicking on the little +/- icon which is located above the user's online status. Please do not ask for votes, however. Also please don't give negative votes to another member unless you deem it's absolutely deserved.
7) If you're an experienced user and see a new member not following these guidelines, please help out by referring them to this post.
8) For forum avatars, anything over 200 pixels wide is too wide, and anything over 400 pixels tall is too long. For signature images 400 pixels by 300 pixels is the maximum acceptable dimension. How can you tell what the dimensions are? If you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox you can simply right-click on an image, then select Properties and it will tell you its width and height.
9)Please be selective in quoting other posts. Instead of quoting a huge, several-post long discussion, please just quote the sentence(s) you are referring to. This will make the threads easier to read.
10) Most of all- have a good time! This is a Clippers Message Board where you can discuss the Clippers with hundreds of fellow fans. How great is that?!
Actions that WILL get a user banned:
1) Personal attack and/or threatening another member with violence anywhere on the site, including via PM (Private Messages). We all disagree at one point or another, but please do not resort to silly personal attacks and name-calling. It doesn't really matter who started the attack- if you attack back you're just as guilty. Instead of attacking back please send notification noting the offensive post(s) / messages.
2) Creating a user name or using avatars or linking to images that are rude/vulgar/sexually explicit.
3) Creating a user name with the purpose of impersonating/offending an existing user.
4) Using racist/sexist/homophobic/religion-attacking word(s) in posts.
5) Attempting to circumvent quality control systems such as the Reputation System. For instance creating another username and voting for yourself is not acceptable. Also giving negative votes to other members for no reason is prohibited.
6) Posting unsolicited commercial advertisements.
7) Posting any sort of discussions of any form of illegal activity such as music or software piracy.
8) Repeatedly creating new topics when a same/similar topic has already been posted the same day.
9) Repeatedly posting duplicate messages in article comments and in forum posts.
10) Posting any message promoting any particular religion or religious organization. While Clippers Topbuzz has the utmost respect for all religions please keep in mind that this is a basketball site and not a site to be used to spread any particular faith.
11) Implying physical violence to *anyone*, including NBA Players and members of the site.
12) Trolling/Excessive non-Clipper discussion: Fan of another team creating disrespectful/insulting posts/topics regarding the Clippers with the intent of eliciting a negative reaction from fellow members is prohibited. Also members continually creating posts/topics promoting non-Clipper NBA teams should be avoided as well.
13)[NEW] Extreme trolling by a Clipper fan is no longer allowed. "Extreme" is quantified as such: over 80% of your posts within the last 14 days, even if you are a Clipper fan, denigrate the team and or player(s). Despite being a Clipper fan, if the majority of all you do on the site is criticize using hyperbole without statistics to backup claims, and rarely offer posts that support the team, then you are in violation of this rule.
In addition, constantly directing unfriendly remarks/trolling towards any particular member is prohibited. Please use the ignore button if you do not like a poster and his posts, but DO NOT instead constantly create inflammatory posts with the sole purpose of hounding/aggravating a particular member.
The Clippers Topbuzz management and moderators do their best to make the site a friendly, accessible website for members to talk about the Los Angeles Clippers. If you have an issue with a moderator or the site itself, please feel free to PM the moderator or site admin about your problem. DO NOT troll (constantly berate, denigrate, or mock) the moderators or the site or you could be banned. No one (except the trolls) want to see the Clippers topics devolve into petty personal snipes and complaining by site rule violators. While we welcome with open arms all fellow fans who want to talk Clipper basketball, we do not tolerate site/moderator-trolls who would disrupt Clipper discussions by drawing negative attention to the enforcement of the site rules and guidelines.
14) Explicit/vulgar/repeated talk of sex/sexual acts is not allowed in the forums.
Also please note that the Clippers TopBuzz management reserves the right to change or delete any post, member name, signature file, pictures or related content in the forums at any time, without notification.
Should a violation of the rules result in a user being banned, any new accounts created by the user will also be banned.