Official Los Angeles Clippers Trade Ideas Thread (P. 2)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
NUMB3RFIFTY
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 1624

am.gif
votes: 36

Josh Powell better get his act together and stop playing like a deer caught in headlights.

rollingkiwi92
Clipper Starter
Posts: 366
Location: philippines
votes: 3

i dont know....im not a really big fan of josh powell.....he plays inconsistent. i'd feel more comfortable if we got like maybe theo ratliff. theo ratliff could play some serious D. or if powell could play more consistent...

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

If they would take our protected pick from Minni i'd do it quick. Hopefully MDsr. Is looking at all options and scenarios and is not gun shy about pulling the trigger.

clippers0918
Clipper Starter
Posts: 566
votes: 1

actually i would rather give our own protected 1st then minis.

Miny doing anything and our pick from them is going to be a lotery in 2011

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

Question. If Al gets hurt the only poss replacement is Cat and it's not a good idea to have a bench SG starting at SF.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

definitely agree that Cat shouldnt play SF, but one thing people conveniently are leaving out is T can play SF. His rebounding aint that great and he is long enough to play D on the SF's in the league if need be. I think we run more of a risk with Kaman and Camby going down and having to start Josh Powell, Deandre Jordan (has not proven himself at all not talking potential) or worst case scenario, Paul Davis!

Powell is the only one who put up decent minutes and he, everyone knows should not be a starter but Sean Williams has shown flashes of greatness and he is on the cheap right now.

Honestly i think people are crazy to expect kaman and camby to play over 35 minutes a piece. If you want them to last 50 games and be sportty for the playoffs then yes play them more. Its rare when an athletic big man who fits the mold of a team is on the cheap and guess who equals this for the clips...

Sean Williams!

Here is the guys stat lines:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

07-08 NJN 73 29 17.5 0.538 0.000 0.609 1.6 2.8 4.4 0.4 0.4 1.5 0.96 2.60 5.6

all in 17.5 MPG!

also please dont even talk about FT% that is the least of our worries... that can be improved thru practice. Lets say we got a chance to get Dwight Howard (who is 1 milion times better than Sean Williams) would anyone complain about his FT% at the chance of getting him?

well gl to the clips in this off season either way!

GO CLIPPERS!

krapper11
Clipper Starter
Posts: 281
votes: 3

where do you come up with these trades?!

2CLIPisHip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 126
votes: 1

From the standpoint of winning a championship. Mobley and Thomas need to go. Period. Barbosa and Diaw are being shopped. I would love to have both. If Ben Gordon was available I would trade Thomas, Mobley and Gordon for him. In regards to the Suns, they probably want a back-up point, so MOBLEY, Thomas and Taylor for Barbosa.

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2356
votes: 13

I rag on Mobley and Thomas more than anybody, especially this last season. But even though they're probably overpaid, I think they're gonna be really effective playing with Baron. When you have a point guard that can literally get anywhere he wants to go on the court, great shooters flourish. CAT definitely falls into this category, TT.....well there's really nowhere for him to go but up at this point

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2356
votes: 13

I have hopes that TT turns into the Mehmet Okur for our team, have him do the high screen and roll right to the three point line

journeyman
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 40

I sure hope you're right. If he can give like 12 and 6 off the bench and make plenty of 3's, then he becomes a real asset again.

spontane
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 479

es.gif
votes: 9

had to make me sign in.....NO.....First off mobley + TT equals $16 mil a year barbosa = $6mil, couldn't happen. Add gordons 2+ mil that makes the numbers 3to1. They would have to bundle up diaw plus a 2nd round pick just to make the numbers work because phoenix is in the luxury. Second, gordon has the potential to be a much better player than barbosa he is taller, bigger, has a wider wing span, same passing abilities, and has about the same handles as barbosa. Remember, Gordon is only 19 years old! Don't get me wrong I love barbosa. I would probably take him over Mobley on the offensive end but in the defensive end, barbosa is quick but thin and would get posted and posted. Over all I think both players are pretty equal and depending on the team needs you could take either one. Right now Mobley is a better fit. As for that trade, THAT WOULD NEVER WORK OUT, EVER. We need to keep everyone we have and add to the team a veteran minimum C/PF but more importantly a back up SF. Those are our team needs. Don't forget the 2010/2011 free agent bonanza. TT/Mobley/Camby/Hart(ETO) would come off the books which could potentially equal $29mil but doubt hart is going to leave so its more like $26 mil, so trading any of these pieces to longer term contracts makes no sense especially if we are getting about the same skills back. We need bonzi/ricky or offer gsw a 2nd round pick for bukei(they probably wouldn't take it but wouldn't hurt). As for the center offer alonzo vet min.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8888
votes: 43

That's pretty much what he averaged last season, though it was in extended minutes. Also he only shot 41% and was uncharacteristically only 30.6% from deep. If he can get back to the career 36.5% or higher that'd be big for us.

journeyman
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 40

david wrote:
journeyman wrote:
I sure hope you're right. If he can give like 12 and 6 off the bench and make plenty of 3's, then he becomes a real asset again.

That's pretty much what he averaged last season, though it was in extended minutes. Also he only shot 41% and was uncharacteristically only 30.6% from deep. If he can get back to the career 36.5% or higher that'd be big for us.

Oops, you're right David. I forgot to mention good numbers "coming off the bench". Those are good sixth-man numbers, but not so good starting PF numbers.

Edit: Sorry David, I wasn't being sarcastic. I mis-read my own original post. I DID say coming of the bench, so we are agreed. My mistake. Smile

spontane
Clipper Starter
Posts: 479

es.gif
votes: 9

TT is a good back up PF with a true star PG he is a great back because he would get more easy buckets which would get him in better rhythm to hit open 3's. TT is not starter material but great as a back up, I am happy with an efficient TT coming off the bench on our team.

HT
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 43
votes: 0

I can believe the trade ideas I read here. As Spontane mentioned salaried must match (within 125%). Draft picks count for -0- dollars. They are only incenntives to the team giving up better talent.

As for getting rid of TT & cat, they will be much better players this year then last. First TT in not a starter. With less minutes, responsibilities and Baron feeding him easy shots he will be a fine bench guy. Cat was injured most of last year. His minutes will also be down. Will be a good teacher for Gordon who could take over as starter at some point this year.

Why blow up our shot at 2010 for anything other then a very special player. By the way Spontane, Hart is only signed through next year.

2CLIPisHip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 126
votes: 1

Ok, Everyone keeps saying wait for Mobley's and Thomas's contracts to expire. Yeah, I get that. However, the number 8 seed in the playoffs is not good enough, and this is where we are being projected???? Hey, if Thornton reaches his potential, Davis is Healthy and Kaman picks up a weight one of these offseasons then, Mobley can be a fourth option. I just hate his inconsistency. I feel the same way about Thomas. The more new faces, the better.

spontane
Clipper Starter
Posts: 479

es.gif
votes: 9

from my understanding he is signed until 2010/2011 with a player option for that year. Where did you read his contract expires next year??

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

I understand what your saying but they don't have much trade value this year. After next season they will have better trade value once they both have one year left on their deals. Right now there are not alot of teams willing to take on their contracts. If you don't want them what do you think other teams are thinking of them? They will be worth more after next season.

clipshow
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

MrB wrote:
2CLIPisHip wrote:
Ok, Everyone keeps saying wait for Mobley's and Thomas's contracts to expire. Yeah, I get that. However, the number 8 seed in the playoffs is not good enough, and this is where we are being projected???? Hey, if Thornton reaches his potential, Davis is Healthy and Kaman picks up a weight one of these offseasons then, Mobley can be a fourth option. I just hate his inconsistency. I feel the same way about Thomas. The more new faces, the better.

I understand what your saying but they don't have much trade value this year. After next season they will have better trade value once they both have one year left on their deals. Right now there are not alot of teams willing to take on their contracts. If you don't want them what do you think other teams are thinking of them? They will be worth more after next season.

Not really true. Look at New Jersey. Teams who are waiting for 2010 will take contracts no matter what. But the problem is there are only 2 teams who are open about 2010. New York and New Jersey. A team will take those contracts to get the jump on other teams. Why would u risk waiting until next year when you can get the jumps now. But they are worth something you just have to ask for the right prize.

HT
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 43
votes: 0

I have seen it several places. Here is a Clips salaries chart for this and future years. It shows only this year then a FA.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9180

HT
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 43
votes: 0

clipshow wrote:
MrB wrote:
2CLIPisHip wrote:
Ok, Everyone keeps saying wait for Mobley's and Thomas's contracts to expire. Yeah, I get that. However, the number 8 seed in the playoffs is not good enough, and this is where we are being projected???? Hey, if Thornton reaches his potential, Davis is Healthy and Kaman picks up a weight one of these offseasons then, Mobley can be a fourth option. I just hate his inconsistency. I feel the same way about Thomas. The more new faces, the better.

I understand what your saying but they don't have much trade value this year. After next season they will have better trade value once they both have one year left on their deals. Right now there are not alot of teams willing to take on their contracts. If you don't want them what do you think other teams are thinking of them? They will be worth more after next season.

Not really true. Look at New Jersey. Teams who are waiting for 2010 will take contracts no matter what. But the problem is there are only 2 teams who are open about 2010. New York and New Jersey. A team will take those contracts to get the jump on other teams. Why would u risk waiting until next year when you can get the jumps now. But they are worth something you just have to ask for the right prize.

What does NJ or NY have that they will trade that we want that that is any better then we already have that works within the CBA rules?

Answer- nothing.

TT & Cat will be decent contributors this year and their contracts have much greater value in both 2009 and 2010.

cashdld
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 476
votes: 4

the clippz should trade mobley and TT and a pick for VC

we can elson,livy,davis,ross,fasekas and a veteran pf for min.

this could put us in a position to win now

we still would have money for 2010 since camby and ricky davis contacts would end leaving us with around 12-13 mill for 2010

look at this lineup

BD/Hart/Livy

Carter/Gordon/ross

Thorton/davis

Camby/(veteran free agent for min./paul davis

Kaman/elson/Fasekas/jordan

we would still have some depth

we would upgrade the SG position

TT isnt the valuable to me in my opinion maybe we can pick up a vet pf for a sub maybe PJ. Brown,Robert Horry, or Eric piatkowski

I know that this would limit minutes for Eric Gordon

But Dunleavy doesn't play rookie much unless its really necessary for example in the beginnin of the season thorton didnt play much until injuries start happening

also this would give us a chance to win now it would give us a lineup of player who are hungry to win just like the celtics were with their big three

ClipperCalvin
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
votes: 2

after this houston thing, maybe we need to make a trade ourselves....even package eric gordon if we have to (wit combo of cat or tt)...to get like a mike redd....or vince carter or somebody....

KamanOwnsYou
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
votes: 5

i completely agree with getting michael redd. did you see how on fire he was against Canada for the USA. having him on the outside will just absolutely destroy other teams defensive schemes. imagine that lineup

Baron Davis

Michael Redd

Al Thornton

Marcus Camby

Chris Kaman

Ricky Davis as the 6th man. That is RIDICULOUS!!! That would give us roster room to pick up Q Ross for defensive purposes. I love that move!

But not if that means Vince Carter. Al thornton is the younger version of vince carter. Adding a shooter like Redd will put us into that upper escellon in the Western Conference

cashdld
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 476
votes: 4
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/41826-three-way-deal-brewing-betwee n-clippers-nuggets-and-knicks Some people are going to call me crazy here"and maybe I am"but I'm increasingly feeling the New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets, and Los Angeles Clippers"or two of the three"are soon to pull off a big deal that could involve names such as Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Marcus Camby or David Lee. Of course, I have no proof any deal is imminent; however, a look at each team's recent moves leaves a lot of head scratching and wondering. The Nuggets have all but publicly said they plan to dismantle their team and start over. They traded their only good big man, Marcus....

Please log in to view the entire post.

ClipperCalvin
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
votes: 2

yea, on second thought, i'd say no to vince carter...just using him as an example...but mike redd does seem to be the perfect fit....but yea, jus feel like we need another move....

even if it were something as crazy as al thornton for richard jefferson straight up....richard is better now, but i'd regret this move, cuz AL is da truth....guess what i'm trying to say is, we might get away with obtaining a superstar if we threw al thornton into trade talks.....and get rid of one or two contracts, i.e. cat/tt in the process, since al is still on rookie scale....just a thought...it would have to be something ridiculous...like a Team USA caliber player who is on a bad team...cuz AL is da truth!

KamanOwnsYou
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
votes: 5

sir, this is all speculation,

HOWEVER!!!!

i respect the way your brain works and think this would be awesome for us, however denver would be getting shafted again haha. I could groove on this deal!

clipshow
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

I would not pull the trigger. We have low post scoring in Caveman. No dont do it. it would be silly. Maybe Mobley for crawford. But why would you give up camby for randolph. Thats silly. On the defensive end the clippers have the best two peices.

ClipperCalvin
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 211
votes: 2

damn, this post is way too long dude!! lol

well, each of those three teams did make moves, albeit a 3-way....clips got camby...knicks sent balkman to nuggets for salary-dump, and got our 2nd round switch option we gave to the nuggets....

p.s. balkman's salary on knicks payroll is like a fly against a semi-truck...but nonetheless, looks like their trying to chip away at it one swing at a time...random thot: funny how Isaiah even cost MSG like $11M over that sexual harrassment settlement

ehall69
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 78
votes: 1

I thought you were on to something before you mentioned Crawford. He is one of the few guys down their virtually untouchable. They see a lot of potential in him especially in D'antoni's system.

Clipper_FaN
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 127
Location: Bell, CA
votes: 0

i rather have AI

KamanOwnsYou
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
votes: 5


Repped High Quality Post

I would rather have jordan in his prime, but thats just me... lol

clipperfan909
Clipper Starter
Posts: 263
votes: 9

LOL!!!

This is a very interesting post and props to putting this together whether or not it's true. You make a very good argument, and especially the part where you talk about the Balkman trade, that really didn't make any sense unless it happened for the reason you said it did. However, I don't see this happening. I think the speculation arises from the fact that there is interest in each others players; however, I don't think it's enough to get a deal done. I do see a possible AI for Starbury deal in the works, with other minor pieces added of course. However, I truly don't think the Clippers want Randolph that bad. I mean the earlier reports of that trade were false, the Clippers ended up wanting a draft pick as well. Therefore, they even know he's not that worth it. I honestly think that Camby is what they want because of the fact that his contract expires in 2 years. It makes complete sense, which is why they signed Ricky for a max potential of 2 years and got Hart as opposed to another back up because he's going to expire soon as well. They are making a run for 2010 free agents and Bosh, I believe, is their guy.

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

i think TT for crawford.....i like that..

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1799
votes: 10

If this is true, um yes please! Crawford, Daivs, Thorthon, Randolph and Kaman starting five? Are you kidding me. This should be a no brainer for the clippers at least.

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

i dont think i like randolph coming in and letting camby go......

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1799
votes: 10


Repped High Quality Post

randolph is near 20 and 10 guy like EB, he likes strip clubs, and he can run down the floor faster then most bug men....whats not to like?

clipshow
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

Randolph plays no d. Defense wins in the west. And wins championships. No way a power forward should be averaging less than 1 block a game.

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

thank you clipshow. and camby will help with that.....camby can score but we really needed someone who can play really good defence. and hes the perfect fit.

KamanOwnsYou
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
votes: 5

Yeah, but Randolph looooves strip clubs.... so whats your point melanee?

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

what does strip clubs suppose to mean?

clipshow
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

Dont care about strip clubs. The guy averages less than a block a game. He only averaged 20 10 twice. And he only averaged double digit rebounds because he was the only man to do it. He does not chase them down. If he does hustle it is only to get to strip club. NO.

ether
Clipper Starter
Posts: 849
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 11

IMO the bottom line is that LAC likes Camby better than Randolph, so they'll stick with what they got.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

speaking of trades, i had a random dream last night that we traded camby for oj mayo, and i was like great, why did we sign ricky davis then. then we signed shareef away from the kings, even though i don't think he's actually a free agent. so we had kaman, shareef,thornton, mayo and davis. just thought i'd share that with you all.

ClipperNationRise
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1320
Location: Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, CA
rp.gif
votes: 5

haha...nice dream...that would be kinda wierd though...

KamanOwnsYou
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: Newport Beach, CA
votes: 5

You guys just dont understand how it works in the NBA. It is really hard to find a guy who is as dedicated to going to a strip club as often as zach randolph. we would be very fortunate to have him on our team.

CLiPPzWeRD42
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 132
votes: 0

Agreed!

Stick to the plan, and get Amare in 2010!

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9519
votes: 21

I'm messing around the web right and I came across a link to an ESPN "trade machine". So I figure what the heck and start fooling around with it to see if its any good.

I come to find out it's a pretty interesting little concept that helps fans look at trades that they would want to see happen and if finacially could it work.

Here is the Link: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

This is what I tried out Smile (may P.O. some people):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &cash=

Jay.r
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1292

rp.gif
votes: 7

I think this machine just matches their salaries... Michael Redd worked too

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Blake Griffin Performance Discussion

→ Doc Rivers President of BO Performance Discussion

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!