The OFFICIAL COMPLAINING/RANTING Thread (P. 3)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper321
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 22
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

Bottom line is we need some change....

the offense is so stagnant! Why we kept dumping it into Kaman is beyond me...why oh why lord does Michael Dunleavy still have a job?

I agree, I dont care whos available nothing could be worse then how this team is playing right now.

To briefly touch on teams like Houston and such playing well despite injuries....were playing the damn Oklahoma City Thunder for crying out loud and they just played a back to back we literally gave the damn game away! Why Novak didn't get any playing time to space the floor and take advantage of Oklahoma's so-so defense is beyond me!

Plus, it wouldnt have mattered with the offensive end because with Durant out there really wasnt a lot of offense for OKC!

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8826
votes: 42

Merging with "The Official Complaining Thread".

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

this thread will have 2 new pages added to it after every game, win or lose.

CLIPPER$ZONE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif
votes: 3

Fire Dunleavy

Put Lucas to coach

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

^^^^ lucas or don maclean. either work lol

CLIPPER$ZONE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif
votes: 3

anyone would work if dunleavy is gone and lost

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

very true. considering the clippers' losing culture, i'm surprised at some of the outrage from fans even after a win.

mike smith for coach.

checkdafool10
Posts: 2465
Location: Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 11

even isiah thomas would work. at least he would have talent to work with.

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7


Repped High Quality Post

Michael Dunleavy.....

I despise you.

I hate your coaching. I hate your rotations. I hate your ugly suits. I hate your bald head. I hate your play-calling, i hate you putting in an ice-cold daniel ewing during game 7, I hate the way you are ruining this season, I dont really like your son Mike Jr, I hate your post game comments, I hate your face, I hate Yaroslav Korelev, I hate your decisions, I hate everything about you.

There's only one thing I love about you, and that is hating you.

YOURE FIRED

CLIPPER$ZONE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif
votes: 3

OMG This was post of the year!!! amazing! i wish i could repp now but i cant! god bless u!

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

coaching, i agree. rotations, i agree. suits, i agree. bald head, well, a bit harsh. hate his son...a bit much. your face? not really in his control...EVERYTHING about him? you don't know the guy. let's just leave it at "we don't think you are a good coach and would like you to step down" and refrain from comments geared toward his kids...

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7

are you kidding me sean rooks?

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

not kidding. believe me, i get mad at his coaching too and would love to see him fired. but come on, remember this is just basketball. no need for personal attacks on the guy. give him a break. i still want him fired, but just calm down a bit.

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7

Brosef,

Im as calm as it gets.

Its called a sense of humor. Get one

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

also remember he put this team together, and his failure is not for a lack of effort. he means well, anyway, so no reason to hate him for his incompetence.

yes, i agree he should step down, and that bothers me, but hate is a strong word.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ive got a sense of humor, there just wasnt much to laugh at there...

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7

at least your name is sean rooks and you have a picture of chris kaman. besides that, you need to step up your game

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

here we go again with the personal attacks...or was that meant to be funny?

journeyman
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 40

seanrooks wrote:
OneNationUnderClip wrote:
Michael Dunleavy.....

I despise you.

I hate your coaching. I hate your rotations. I hate your ugly suits. I hate your bald head. I hate your play-calling, i hate you putting in an ice-cold daniel ewing during game 7, I hate the way you are ruining this season, I dont really like your son Mike Jr, I hate your post game comments, I hate your face, I hate Yaroslav Korelev, I hate your decisions, I hate everything about you.

There's only one thing I love about you, and that is hating you.

YOURE FIRED

coaching, i agree. rotations, i agree. suits, i agree. bald head, well, a bit harsh. hate his son...a bit much. your face? not really in his control...EVERYTHING about him? you don't know the guy. let's just leave it at "we don't think you are a good coach and would like you to step down" and refrain from comments geared toward his kids...

Glad to see some sanity on these threads. I too have run out of faith on Dunleavy's coaching, but those kinds of rants are just ridiculous.

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7

stop taking yourselves so seriously....

its sad

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4788
votes: 31

you forgot "I hate your dog" The ultimate insult

clipperloyal11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif
votes: 9

CLIPPER$ZONE wrote:
OneNationUnderClip wrote:
Michael Dunleavy.....

I despise you.

I hate your coaching. I hate your rotations. I hate your ugly suits. I hate your bald head. I hate your play-calling, i hate you putting in an ice-cold daniel ewing during game 7, I hate the way you are ruining this season, I dont really like your son Mike Jr, I hate your post game comments, I hate your face, I hate Yaroslav Korelev, I hate your decisions, I hate everything about you.

There's only one thing I love about you, and that is hating you.

YOURE FIRED

OMG This was post of the year!!! amazing! i wish i could repp now but i cant! god bless u!

no worries cz, i'll rep him. great post ONUC.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4788
votes: 31

Mine was better than his. Can I Rep myself? Smile

OneNationUnderClip
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 123
votes: 7

I hope Dunleavy's dog attacks him in his sleep. As he's dreaming about Steve Novak four-point play scenarios

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ok i'm sorry i didn't get your o so funny joke. usually, when people make comments like that, they mean it. i apologize that i didn't catch the sarcasm the one time it was present(?).

NUMB3RFIFTY
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 1624

am.gif
votes: 36

dwb
Clipper Starter
Posts: 705
Location: Tallahassee
votes: 28


Repped High Quality Post

It’s amazing. Judging from some of the responses on here you’d think that coaching in the NBA was the simpliest of positions. A veritable walk on the beach, a stroll in the sunshine. What could be easier? After all, really, considering the staff that handles so much of the day-to-day, all you’ve got to do as a coach basically is deal with the players, the media, and the fans. How hard could that be? As far as the players go, you’re dealing with guys who nearly universally posses an excellent perspective about how they best fit in not as stars or individuals, but as parts to a whole, and who are always remarkably willing to accept not only instruction, but criticism or in some cases, even chastisement to hasten that development. Prima donnas? Nonsense. Head cases? Surely you jest. Obviously there’s nothing easier in the world than telling someone who has been a superstar since middle school that he’s going to sit the bench… and make him like it. What could be simpler than providing guidance for such an accomodating collection of young millionaires?

Then there’s the media. You’d always be able to count on the support of the media. They would back you and your judgements without fail, trusting to the experience and expertice that you’d garnered through however many years of sweat and blood you’d put into the league. They’d never allow themselves to question decisions, speculate on strategies, or ridicule your play calling. Always there to support you through the hard times, that’s the media. Pre-season death sentences on your team’s chances? Never happen. Age old “curses” invoked? Ridiculous. Knee-jerk “same old/same old” stories at the first sign of falter? Please. This is a supportive media.

And speaking of support in hard times, there are the fans. Saving the best for last, the fans are possibly the easiest of the three groups for a coach. The fans are there to faithfully back the team, and of course when you consider how well versed in the minutia of basketball they are as a whole… well, far be it from them to analyze every trade made or not made, every set devised, every substitution mis-timed, every scheme blown, every win lost or for that matter, every win not won by enough. They above all understand that players have off nights, (yes Virginia, even Players of the Week) that injuries wreak havok on plans, and that just as there are myriad things that can go right there are equal numbers that can go wrong. Fans get all of this and support the coach’s efforts regardless. Makes for an easy job, hey… you always see coaches relaxing on the sidelines, right?

Wait. Are these rose colored glasses? Let me take them off. Whoa. We DO have some problems don’t we? Ok, hmmm… things aren’t all bad, but there do seem to be a few “givens”. First, without the “double dip” Dunleavy most likely would’ve been fired after (or possibly during) last year. That’s not even saying that he’s such a horrible coach, he’s not, but that IS the way of the league. However, he IS the GM so he wasn’t, and probably won’t be for the balance at least of this year. That’s a given. Another is that we haven’t played that badly… oh sure you can rant about the won/lost record, but the fact is that we’ve been in all of the games except one, and we’ve looked “team-ish” doing it, and that’s a far cry from last year’s effort. That, believe it or not, is a marked improvement. If this team can keep it’s collective head up, and continue to play hard, good things will happen. And speaking of good things, it’s a final given that in the short term, Gordon would’ve made a difference in the OKC game, and, in a slightly broader spectrum, Griffin’s presence thus far would’ve changed the Clipper universe. And will change the Clipper universe upon his return. Believe it. Geez… imagine Dunleavy’s dilemma, he goes to sleep at night KNOWING that he’s got a future star, and possibly his salvation, sitting on the sidelines… just sitting, while the coach’s hopes and dreams for this team slowly sink, and he’s forced to listen to the same questions he heard all last season. It’s gotta be rough. Ah well, given those “givens”, I guess the play for me to make is to hope that Baron stays involved, that Gordon comes back healthy, ditto that in spades for Griffin, to hope of course that we avoid further injury… and THEN, after seeing that line-up in action for a number of games I’ll better know how to evaluate this Clipper season, and Dunleavy’s coaching job. 'Cause I'm a fan and I get to. *ahem*

BACON
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1367
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif
votes: 5

What can I say that has not been said already? Very sad... Embarassed

clipboard
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1333

calif.gif
votes: 4

This isn't heaven, this isn't hell , this is the Clippers, enjoy the smell.

Trinidad
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 246
Location: The OC, Santa Ana
votes: 1

Anyone know how much longer dunleavys contract is for? I know he got extended recently but I forgot when, cause you know sterling is not gonna just fire him and eat the money.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4062
votes: 55

Well, the numbers are in.

Thornton 4 - 10... Passed up open jumpers to jump into a crowd and try even harder shots. No confidence in his jump shot. From what I've seen that lack of confidence is well founded.

Camby 3 - 4... Okay, but 4 turnovers for a guy not often involved in the offense?

Kaman 9 - 26... The 26 is good, but what about at least 5 wide open shots he missed at the rim?

B. Davis 6 - 18... Proving once again he's not the Baron we thought we were getting. At least he's hustling this year, but from his second half performances, it looks like his legs are going. This is typical for guards who don't keep themselves in shape arduously.

Butler 2 - 10 and 2 - 8 from three... Yet such a willing shooter?

I don't know what coach would win with a team that shoots like that. And, if Blake and Gordon were healthy, 5 - 4 would be our likely record.

Still, Dunleavy isn't helping himself... Playing Mardy Collins in the second half was foolish... Why play DJ in the second half when the pressure it highest? Play him in the first half when the game isn't on the line. Why call the same play over and over down the stretch, Kaman in the right block? I know he likes it down there, but how about making the defense think. Baron is playing too many minutes. He doesn't have anything left for the second half now... What's he going to be worth in two months? He should be playing 30 - 35 minutes a game, max. Isn't that what Telfair is for? Can't Dunleavy see how badly Baron's performance declines in the second half?

Three wins against teams with a combined record of 4 - 21... Who is there out there that we can beat if we can't beat OKC at home?

There comes a point in time where a team just needs new ideas. That time has come for the Clippers. I don't think Dunleavy is a bad coach. He's just stayed too long at the party. We've become too predictable. The players have stopped listening. We scored 31 points in the whole second half and this is a pattern not an aberation.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

seanrooks wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
this thread will have 2 new pages added to it after every game, win or lose.

very true. considering the clippers' losing culture, i'm surprised at some of the outrage from fans even after a win.

mike smith for coach.

you obviously dont listen to what a moron Mike smith is. Have you heard what he says during the game?

"Al thorntn hasnt even made a 3 all year" (Thornton had just made a 3 the previous quarter)

"James Harden is one of the premier shooters on this team" (look at his FG%)

"Who is going to score with Kevin Durant out???" (Jeff Green is averaging 17 ppg for the Thunder and was out there, Westbrook is averaging 14 and he was out there)

i could go on an on all night... the guy doesnt even pay attention to wht is going on and is to busy making horrible jokes and talking about what he did outside the game. If they firsed Dunleavy and then Mike Smith, i would be a very satisfied Clippers fan.

TheClipShow
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 68
votes: 1

It just doesnt make sense anymore. I watch the Clippers games and feel like they dont care. It is obvious what needs to be done and yet for the past 3 years the MOST obvious decision hasnt been made.

Fine Dunleavy has been a decent GM, but as a Coach there is nobody worse. I was talking to my friend last night and we both agreed. It is almost time to stop caring about the Clippers. Is it a justifiable feeling until Dunleavy is gone or should all of us continue to be tortured by a terrible coach who doesnt give 2 sh*** about whats best for the team?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH RIGHT? WE DONT DESERVE THIS

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

no its too soon no to care, althought it seems like these looses look horrible i think its too soon to say we are not a PO team. But i do think management needs to change something

n0b0dy
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 204
votes: 0

yep, I think dunlevey should quit as coach and focus on one job only as GM.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

yeah, that would look better for him. I dont hate dunleavy, but i think its time for him to step down. Let him focus on GM stuff

clipperloyal11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif
votes: 9

http://site.firemikedunleavy.com/

BACON
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1367
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif
votes: 5

Great points by everyone...

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8826
votes: 42

Merged "Its Almost Time to Stop Caring Right" into the Official Ranting Thread.

lakerh8r
Clipper Starter
Posts: 502

calif.gif
votes: 3

This was too funny. kudos

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

clipperboy24 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
this thread will have 2 new pages added to it after every game, win or lose.

very true. considering the clippers' losing culture, i'm surprised at some of the outrage from fans even after a win.

mike smith for coach.

you obviously dont listen to what a moron Mike smith is. Have you heard what he says during the game?

"Al thorntn hasnt even made a 3 all year" (Thornton had just made a 3 the previous quarter)

"James Harden is one of the premier shooters on this team" (look at his FG%)

"Who is going to score with Kevin Durant out???" (Jeff Green is averaging 17 ppg for the Thunder and was out there, Westbrook is averaging 14 and he was out there)

i could go on an on all night... the guy doesnt even pay attention to wht is going on and is to busy making horrible jokes and talking about what he did outside the game. If they firsed Dunleavy and then Mike Smith, i would be a very satisfied Clippers fan.

-he was referring to thorntons poor performance this season overall before this game. until he hit that three, he had in fact not made a 3 all year. thats what he meant.

-hardens fg% isnt very good, but its a very small sample size. if you do want to look at numbers though, he is shooting 44% on threes this year, and was a great shooter in college. his numbers will pick up.

-and who will score with durant out? he was right becuase, last night, nobody else really scored. durant had 30/83 points, and shot 12/20 while the rest of the team shot 23/63. both green(5/13, 13 pts) and westbrook(1/11, 2 pts) didnt exactly help durant much, and their offense did struggle without durant.

so i wouldnt exactly call him a moron, for the most part he knows what hes talking about, and i think most clips fans would agree...

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

this one is a little more updated

http://firedunleavy.com/mike/

clipperloyal11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif
votes: 9

http://site.firemikedunleavy.com/

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

seanrooks wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
this thread will have 2 new pages added to it after every game, win or lose.

very true. considering the clippers' losing culture, i'm surprised at some of the outrage from fans even after a win.

mike smith for coach.

you obviously dont listen to what a moron Mike smith is. Have you heard what he says during the game?

"Al thorntn hasnt even made a 3 all year" (Thornton had just made a 3 the previous quarter)

"James Harden is one of the premier shooters on this team" (look at his FG%)

"Who is going to score with Kevin Durant out???" (Jeff Green is averaging 17 ppg for the Thunder and was out there, Westbrook is averaging 14 and he was out there)

i could go on an on all night... the guy doesnt even pay attention to wht is going on and is to busy making horrible jokes and talking about what he did outside the game. If they firsed Dunleavy and then Mike Smith, i would be a very satisfied Clippers fan.

-he was referring to thorntons poor performance this season overall before this game. until he hit that three, he had in fact not made a 3 all year. thats what he meant.

-hardens fg% isnt very good, but its a very small sample size. if you do want to look at numbers though, he is shooting 44% on threes this year, and was a great shooter in college. his numbers will pick up.

-and who will score with durant out? he was right becuase, last night, nobody else really scored. durant had 30/83 points, and shot 12/20 while the rest of the team shot 23/63. both green(5/13, 13 pts) and westbrook(1/11, 2 pts) didnt exactly help durant much, and their offense did struggle without durant.

so i wouldnt exactly call him a moron, for the most part he knows what hes talking about, and i think most clips fans would agree...

He is a moron and i will sart tallying all of the stupid things he says every game. These were instances where Ralph called him out. Including the Al thornton Three pointer.

He consistently says things wrong and misquotes statistics and really is very foolish sounding.

I also get tired of how he talks about his NBA playing days as if he really got much. The guy is a joke and an embarassment for the Clipps.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

not much of an argument. all those stupid things you tallied i pointed out were in fact not stupid at all. and i dont see whats wrong with talking about his playing days...its not like he claims he was an all star, he actually jokes about how little he played. does anyone else like him, or is it just me?

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

maybe the jeff Green (who is a decent scorer) and James Harden (his pro shooting looks very suspect) comments you are able to defend but the Thornton comment was ridiculous. He says these things all the time.

His exact quote was, "Thornton hasnt even made a 3 all season" To which Ralph said, "He just made a 3 in the previous quarter"

and then Mike replied with something along the lines of "oh I didnt even realize that"

Pretty horrible when you dont even pay attention to the game you are supposed to be commentating on.

clippersfan85
Clipper Starter
Posts: 859

calif.gif
votes: 2

[quote="clipperboy24"]

I was surprised when I heard that. Sterling should give the 2nd announcer position to fans that might actually watch and comment on the game. At least Ralph still pays attention to the game.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

[quote="clippersfan85"]

clipperboy24 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:

Pretty horrible when you dont even pay attention to the game you are supposed to be commentating on.

I was surprised when I heard that. Sterling should give the 2nd announcer position to fans that might actually watch and comment on the game. At least Ralph still pays attention to the game.

Exactly how I feel. I just want someone with more basketball knowledge and who gives good analysis.

clipper321
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

Im getting tired of Mike Smith. He is so inept it makes me angry especially during games like these. It happens the same damn way every time...they start joking and Mike Smith always says oh man(team) is back in the game...but im not worried...and what ends up happening? The other team ends up winning.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4062
votes: 55

I think Smith was practicing a little hyperbole to make a point. He and Ralph do a good job... Listen to some other announcing teams and you'll appreciate Smith more... Ralph, of course, is great.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← The After the Game "Medals" Thread 2014-15

→ Doc Rivers Coaching Performance Discussion

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!