Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Anybody Else Much Less Stressed This Season? Log in to check your private messages → ESPN: Blake Griffin Responds To Soft Comments
Author   
seanrooks
Post ID: 74157by seanrooks » Nov 12, 2009 - 05:35 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Posts: 1364

us.gif

Reputation: 177.3Reputation: 177.3 Rep Post +1
votes: 31

SamMays wrote:
Quote:
His exact quote was, "Thornton hasnt even made a 3 all season" To which Ralph said, "He just made a 3 in the previous quarter"

I think Smith was practicing a little hyperbole to make a point. He and Ralph do a good job... Listen to some other announcing teams and you'll appreciate Smith more... Ralph, of course, is great.

thank you! other than maybe vin scully, and at times marv albert(YES! WHAT A MOVE!), ralph and mike are my favorite commentators. i dont live in la currently, so when i stream games, i am so happy when its them, because watching with other announcers sucks. just look at john ireland, for example.



                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post Subject: RE: to be completely honest Post ID: 74160by SamMays » Nov 12, 2009 - 05:51 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

Guys, when you're talking for two and a half hours straight without a script, anyone will say some stupid things... Look at some of the stupid things that are written on this site by all of us... And we have time to think and organize what we intend to say... Hell, we can even reflect upon it before hitting the "submit" button and sometimes the stupidity is still overwhelming...

Hell, I've been on every possible side of the Dunleavy issue; fire him, keep him, hire an assassin... I think I've said it all.

Anyone ever listen to Bill Walton announce a game? I think Ralph and Mike are about as good as you'll find...

                
      Back to top
clipperboy24
Post ID: 74161by clipperboy24 » Nov 12, 2009 - 05:55 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4667
Reputation: 411.5 Rep Post +1
votes: 37

seanrooks wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Quote:
His exact quote was, "Thornton hasnt even made a 3 all season" To which Ralph said, "He just made a 3 in the previous quarter"

I think Smith was practicing a little hyperbole to make a point. He and Ralph do a good job... Listen to some other announcing teams and you'll appreciate Smith more... Ralph, of course, is great.

thank you! other than maybe vin scully, and at times marv albert(YES! WHAT A MOVE!), ralph and mike are my favorite commentators. i dont live in la currently, so when i stream games, i am so happy when its them, because watching with other announcers sucks. just look at john ireland, for example.

Actually i have listened to quite a few announcers and Mike Smith is one of the worst I have heard. He is even worse than Bill Walton who on many occasions compared Clippers to Hall of Famers including Michael Olowokandi to Wilt Chamberlain and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Mike consistently says things that are inaccurate and if ou were listening to the game it was very clear that was not a hyperbole. He just does not pay attention to the details of the game or give good commentary.

I really hope that we can get rid of him and get a better color guy on the broadcasts.

Ralph is awesome, mike is horrible. Obviously this is my opinion ad i probably shouldnt say "moron" but he nearly ruins every Clipper game for me.

                
      Back to top
clipperboy24
Post ID: 74162by clipperboy24 » Nov 12, 2009 - 05:58 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4667
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

I am going to start a Mike Smith journal during the games and let everyone decide for themelves.

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 74178by SamMays » Nov 12, 2009 - 06:58 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

^^^ I can hardly wait.

                
      Back to top
ClipfanSince88
Post ID: 74182by ClipfanSince88 » Nov 12, 2009 - 07:15 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
Rep Post +1
votes: 21

I personally like Mike and Ralph. To be honest, I don't expect much from local color commentators, so I'm not really judging Mike by too high a standard. I know enough about basketball myself that I don't need or expect amazing insights from the color guys. For me, Mike seems to know enough and I like how he keeps the tone light and doesn't take himself too seriously. Good enough for me. I'll take him over Mychal Thompson (the Lakers' radio color guy) any day. I've also heard guys from other cities that were much worse.

                
      Back to top
clipperboy24
Post ID: 74224by clipperboy24 » Nov 13, 2009 - 10:18 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4667
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

honestly i would like t know what other cities you have listened to... the Blazers are better, the Sonics were better (havent heard Thunder announcers), The Warriors are better, the Spurs are better...

Now i am not saying they are better than Ralph, that guy is pure class. No they are better than the tandem because Mike kills the game with his idiosyncrasies and lame commentary.

                
      Back to top
BACON
9 Post ID: 74387by BACON » Nov 13, 2009 - 11:51 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1350
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Embarassed What can I say? Embarassed

                
      Back to top
CLIPPER$ZONE
Post ID: 74424by CLIPPER$ZONE » Nov 14, 2009 - 12:09 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 3

Fire Dumbleavy

                
      Back to top
clipperloyal11
Post ID: 74433by clipperloyal11 » Nov 14, 2009 - 12:15 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 9

clipperboy24 wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Guys, when you're talking for two and a half hours straight without a script, anyone will say some stupid things... Look at some of the stupid things that are written on this site by all of us... And we have time to think and organize what we intend to say... Hell, we can even reflect upon it before hitting the "submit" button and sometimes the stupidity is still overwhelming...

Hell, I've been on every possible side of the Dunleavy issue; fire him, keep him, hire an assassin... I think I've said it all.

Anyone ever listen to Bill Walton announce a game? I think Ralph and Mike are about as good as you'll find...

I am going to start a Mike Smith journal during the games and let everyone decide for themelves.

I'm ready for journal entry #1

                
      Back to top
BACON
9 Post ID: 74478by BACON » Nov 14, 2009 - 12:57 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1350
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Im gonna make like Iron Maiden and "Run to the hills!" Embarassed Embarassed

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 74502by SamMays » Nov 14, 2009 - 02:00 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

If Dunleavy lasts until the next game, I'll be astounded... So glad I gave up my season tix.... IN 1994!!!!!

By the way... AS BAD AS DUNLEAVY IS, BARON IS WORSE!!!!!!

                
      Back to top
LAC_12
Post ID: 74522by LAC_12 » Nov 14, 2009 - 03:34 AM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 2029
Location: West Coast
Rep Post +1
votes: 18

No... say what you want about the cancer, but do not bring down the PG untill the cancer is gone.

                
      Back to top
Cliptonyte
Post ID: 74530by Cliptonyte » Nov 14, 2009 - 08:54 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 718
Location: Cliptonyte
Reputation: 83.4Reputation: 83.4Reputation: 83.4 Rep Post +1
votes: 4

clipperboy24 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Quote:
His exact quote was, "Thornton hasnt even made a 3 all season" To which Ralph said, "He just made a 3 in the previous quarter"

I think Smith was practicing a little hyperbole to make a point. He and Ralph do a good job... Listen to some other announcing teams and you'll appreciate Smith more... Ralph, of course, is great.

thank you! other than maybe vin scully, and at times marv albert(YES! WHAT A MOVE!), ralph and mike are my favorite commentators. i dont live in la currently, so when i stream games, i am so happy when its them, because watching with other announcers sucks. just look at john ireland, for example.

Actually i have listened to quite a few announcers and Mike Smith is one of the worst I have heard. He is even worse than Bill Walton who on many occasions compared Clippers to Hall of Famers including Michael Olowokandi to Wilt Chamberlain and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Mike consistently says things that are inaccurate and if ou were listening to the game it was very clear that was not a hyperbole. He just does not pay attention to the details of the game or give good commentary.

I really hope that we can get rid of him and get a better color guy on the broadcasts.

Ralph is awesome, mike is horrible. Obviously this is my opinion ad i probably shouldnt say "moron" but he nearly ruins every Clipper game for me.

Bill Walton is the man. You do realize that he tries to be funny, when announcing games don't you? Ralph and Walton were the best in my opinion...

                
      Back to top
BACON
9 Post ID: 74558by BACON » Nov 14, 2009 - 11:02 AM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 1350
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Embarassed I can feel everyones pain. Its just not right, how much worse can it get? Knowing our luck, the disapointments have only just began! Unless we get some Devine intervention. "Please God, a little help please?" We as Clipper fans have suffered plenty enough. cry cry cry cry

                
      Back to top
lakerh8r
Post ID: 74560by lakerh8r » Nov 14, 2009 - 11:15 AM PST
Clipper Starter
 Avatar

Age: 34
Posts: 502

calif.gif

Reputation: 53.6Reputation: 53.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 3

clipperboy24 wrote:
ClipfanSince88 wrote:
I personally like Mike and Ralph. To be honest, I don't expect much from local color commentators, so I'm not really judging Mike by too high a standard. I know enough about basketball myself that I don't need or expect amazing insights from the color guys. For me, Mike seems to know enough and I like how he keeps the tone light and doesn't take himself too seriously. Good enough for me. I'll take him over Mychal Thompson (the Lakers' radio color guy) any day. I've also heard guys from other cities that were much worse.

honestly i would like t know what other cities you have listened to... the Blazers are better, the Sonics were better (havent heard Thunder announcers), The Warriors are better, the Spurs are better...

Now i am not saying they are better than Ralph, that guy is pure class. No they are better than the tandem because Mike kills the game with his idiosyncrasies and lame commentary.

I agree. Lawler is close to the basketball version of Vin Scully, but Mike has two things going against him: lack of knowledge, and lack of personality. I would be all for pairing Lawler with someone who livens up the broadcast. We really do need someone who has a great personality because Ralph Lawler can pretty much be the one to give great statistical analysis and history, but we do need better guy than Mike Smith

                
      Back to top
lacsmoove
Post Subject: Calm Down CLIP Fans Post ID: 119256by lacsmoove » Oct 30, 2010 - 10:30 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
Reputation: 140.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 7

We are 0-2 right now and that sucks. But I've been reading post on other threads this morning and guys are talking about get rid off Kaman now and how we are only gonna win 20 games this year. Calm down for a couple of resons. 1) Kaman can't really play any worse. I believe he's not comfortable yet with Blake and over the next couple of games he will be. Remember he's an all-star center and to think this is how he's going to play over the course of the season is just silly. 2) I believe the same is going on with BD. He also is not comfortable with the guys around him and believe as the season progresses he will and his shot selection will improve. We have a lot of new guys here and it's gonna take more than pre-season and 2 games into the regular season to evaluate them. We have to improve our post play and D and with a few more games we'll get there. I understand we have been a horrible team for so many years that anxiety kicks in quick with a couple of losses, but let's not lose hope and let's have real expectations. Blake is going to be up and down, EG is and will continue to get better. Let's focus on .500 and hope the FO can do a better job after Dec. 15th than they did this past summer. This team is much more stable than last years and thus will be better.

                
      Back to top
clippersblue
Post ID: 119259by clippersblue » Oct 30, 2010 - 10:37 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 326
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

How the heck can you calm down. I almost want to quit following this losing team. Who the heck is worth watching? we don't even have a go to player. We suck as simple as that, were terrible, worse then last year. we have lost 9 games in a row if you count preseason.

                
      Back to top
lacsmoove
Post ID: 119262by lacsmoove » Oct 30, 2010 - 10:42 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
Rep Post +1
votes: 7

Easily Clipblue. I understand frustration, but that should've been when we made no significant move this past summer. As I said, Kaman will be fine and as I said many many times before, Blake is a rookie (for what it's worth) and will be up and down. EG's outside shooting will be fine as will some others. Let's give it some time.

                
      Back to top
clippersblue
Post Subject: This Team Sucks! Post ID: 119263by clippersblue » Oct 30, 2010 - 10:43 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 326
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Flat out! I am pissed, i turned the game off. I am more impressed witht he other teams in the league. Golden State looks exciting, and they got that third quarter mentality like the old lakers with Nick and Jones where they would shoot it up in third quarter. Our team is terrible, worse the last year. I don't know if I am even going to still stay a fan. I been a fan for 10 years now, and I can't take anymore losing. Blake's great, but for his own sake the Clippers should trade him to a winning team along with Gordon. It time, this franchise needs to be disbanded.

                
      Back to top
dunc182
Post Subject: RE: This Team Sucks! Post ID: 119269by dunc182 » Oct 30, 2010 - 11:42 AM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 585
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

The only reason I didn't turn it off at the end of the third was the hope VDN might see we were going to lose and play our rookies. But no he put them in for the last 3 odd minutes with ball hoggers Foye and Cooky. It's ridiculou that I already struggle to watch this team the second game into the season when I spent all summer longing for some Clipper basketball. We never evr look like winning. Even if we get a lead it's for how long?

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post Subject: RE: This Team Sucks! Post ID: 119272by SamMays » Oct 30, 2010 - 11:48 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

Anybody believe now that Dunleavy wasn't the problem... The problem is Baron and Kaman, our two "best" players... Neither is a leader or a winner... Kaman is worth keeping if we can find two better scoring options so we don't have to run our offense through him

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post Subject: RE: This Team Sucks! Post ID: 119273by clipperstown » Oct 30, 2010 - 11:51 AM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 11289
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

we need to get somebody. idk who but it has to be either carmelo or granger or somebody like that. this just isn't working.

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 119279by tense2 » Oct 30, 2010 - 12:44 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8195
Rep Post +1
votes: 20

Huh???....didn't Dunleavy sign a FA named Baron and didn't he draft Mr. Net Zero...errr Kaman

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 119282by journeyman » Oct 30, 2010 - 12:53 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

No one complained about Kaman during the playoff run in 05-06. Of course, he had a PG who knew how to run things.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 119286by clipper*joe » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:07 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14895
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Shoot Sam, you were one of the guys that wanted him gone when you first got here. Now you are a proponent of his now?

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 119288by SamMays » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:17 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

Joe, I think you're mistaken... I was a Dunleavy supporter until I finally jumped ship about a quarter of the way through last season... I was actually one of his last supporters until it became obvious that he'd lost the team and couldn't get them back. Then I joined the large group of people who had been calling for his head for a year or more.

And, seeing how this team has performed to this point without Dunleavy, proves the point valid... We have a bad mix of personnel and poor on floor leadership...

I'm not a proponent of his. He clearly had worn out his welcome, but this horrible start simply proves the problems with this team run much deeper than Dunleavy.

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 119290by SamMays » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:20 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3930
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

It was GM Dunleavy who brought in Baron... Not the coach... And I still like Kaman... He's proven to be a good third option in an offense... Unfortunately, he's this team's first option and he's not up to it.

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 119292by tense2 » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:24 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8195
Rep Post +1
votes: 20

journeyman wrote:
tense2 wrote:

Huh???....didn't Dunleavy sign a FA named Baron and didn't he draft Mr. Net Zero...errr Kaman

No one complained about Kaman during the playoff run in 05-06. Of course, he had a PG who knew how to run things.

...even in that year he had a PER of 15. He played much closer to the rim (inside ATT % 68% @.597%) and was not the focal point of the offense (only 9.1 FGA per game).....and I can see Cassel constantly screaming at him for the bonehead mistakes he'd make (even though that was his 3rd yr in the league)...talented with not much Basketball I.Q. = Mr. Net Zero. JMHO.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 119293by clipper*joe » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:25 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14895
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

I remember differently, but oh, well...

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 119295by tense2 » Oct 30, 2010 - 01:28 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8195
Rep Post +1
votes: 20

SamMays wrote:
Quote:
SamMays wrote: Anybody believe now that Dunleavy wasn't the problem... The problem is Baron and Kaman, our two "best" players... Neither is a leader or a winner... Kaman is worth keeping if we can find two better scoring options so we don't have to run our offense through him

Huh???....didn't Dunleavy sign a FA named Baron and didn't he draft Mr. Net Zero...errr Kaman

It was GM Dunleavy who brought in Baron... Not the coach... And I still like Kaman... He's proven to be a good third option in an offense... Unfortunately, he's this team's first option and he's not up to it.

It was GM Dunleavy who brought in Baron... Not the coach........one in the same

                
      Back to top
Taylor
Post Subject: Kaman sucks, 3rd quarter sucks Post ID: 121779by Taylor » Nov 06, 2010 - 01:50 AM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 2105

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 23

I'm tired of this. Kaman takes poor shots and need to either make a move to the rim or stop shooting. If I see another 3rd quarter like I did tonight I'm going to buy a ticket to L.A., rush the court and punch as many players and coaches as I can. This is absolutely absurd. How the hell can we destroy ourselves for a 6th straight game in the 3rd quarter?

Kaman needs to stop shooting as a whole.

Frankly, we need to waive everyone on our bench cept Bledsoe, Aminu, Jordan and Smith. I can't even say anything about Gomes because I've hardly seen anything from him so he escapes the radar.

If these guys continue to be turd fergusons I can't wait until Gordon and Griffin leave the team at some point and were continually back at square one year after year.

                
      Back to top
clipperboy24
Post Subject: RE: Kaman sucks, 3rd quarter sucks Post ID: 121781by clipperboy24 » Nov 06, 2010 - 01:56 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4667
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

when Kaman slows down and gets set, he makes some great shots and moves. He hasnt done that at all this year, and someone needs to get on him about that.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post Subject: RE: Kaman sucks, 3rd quarter sucks Post ID: 121795by Clippersfan86 » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:43 AM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14898
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Yea Kaman just needs to relax. Obviously teammates and coaches are telling him to shoot or he wouldn't. He's very mad at himself you can tell because everytime he misses and a timeout is called.. you can hear him beating himself up about it. Please Kaman for your sake and ours as fans... find a way to fix the shooting woes.

                
      Back to top
david
Post Subject: RE: Kaman sucks, 3rd quarter sucks Post ID: 121800by david » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:53 AM PST
Site Admin
Posts: 8204
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

^^Yeah fix it in practice and once he plays better and harder coming off the bench then yeah of course put him back in the starting line up.

                
      Back to top
ClipTrip
Post ID: 121803by ClipTrip » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:00 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 49
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

Just like the coaches. Quit making excuses for him. These are the same issues since his rookie year. How do you think it makes the other players feel when he is tossing up brick after brick, yet they keep calling plays for him?

And great job letting guys lay it up in his face again. Billups and Harrington could barely touch the rim, but had no problem taking it to the hole in Kaman's face.

Scrub. Plain and simple. The ONE time he grabs a nice offensive rebound he missed the lay up

                
      Back to top
ClipTrip
Post ID: 121805by ClipTrip » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:04 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 49
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

And as for 3rd quarters being a disaster guess who comes back in to start the 3rd? Ever notice the nice runs that happen when they sit his punk azz? Then he starts the 3rd and they feed him the ball to try and get him involved. He immediately kills any momentum.

He has serious potential to be the league MVP. Kaman is helping more teams than anybody else.

                
      Back to top
bballman
Post ID: 121806by bballman » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:08 AM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 231
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

definitely league MVP.he is 7 feet but it pisses me off when he doesn't dunk the ball and lays it up softly and gets it rejected or he misses it.just give the ball to Blake and get out of his way!

                
      Back to top
StBrg
Post ID: 121808by StBrg » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:16 AM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 573
Location: Irvine, CA
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Yeah the reason we get runs is because our players actually "run" when he's not on the court. He's too slow, and on top of that misses out on FREE opportunities (like layups, put-backs, etc). I could care less if he beats himself up play after play. When will the guy say "Coach, I think I should stop shooting tonight. I'm just not feeling it." I keep hearing people say Kaman will come around, don't worry about that; then we'll be fine. Well when the hell is he gonna come around? After a playoff spot is out of the question?

                
      Back to top
Jhay_Kidd#3
Post ID: 121810by Jhay_Kidd#3 » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:20 AM PST
Posts: 245
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Lets Trade Kaman! This guy Sucks! LMAO... lets trade him for.... Iguadala, Granger, Melo (Very unlikely), or Maggette! but i doubt any team is gonna want garbage!

                
      Back to top
StBrg
Post ID: 121811by StBrg » Nov 06, 2010 - 03:21 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 573
Location: Irvine, CA
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Maggette Very Happy

                
      Back to top
IhateHulkHogan
Post ID: 121815by IhateHulkHogan » Nov 06, 2010 - 05:36 AM PST
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 93
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

5 reasons i dont like Chris Kaman

5.He's not good at doing Ebay 4.He's taking twice as many shots as he really should 3.He looks like that Klopeck kid from the Tom Hanks movie The Burbs 2.He tries to finesse everything when he should go hard to the rim 1.He probably liked Hulk Hogan when he was a kid

                
      Back to top
toohipcliptoslip
Post ID: 121823by toohipcliptoslip » Nov 06, 2010 - 08:00 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar

Posts: 4484
Reputation: 427 Rep Post +1
votes: 29

Kaman CAN'T dunk. Watch. I've said this for years. He has no athleticism. His game is patterned after Duncan (no dunk puns) Have you every seen Timmie dunk? I doubt it. Finesse and fundamentals. Chris can jump about three inches. When he dunks he gets his wrist to the rim and only his hand over the goal. He's got a good sized contract. If he plays like crap who's gonna want another Baron or EB? Duncan has that nasty glass shot. To be effective CK needs to hit his jumper. Leave him alone for a while. We don't have much choice. It's in his head. When your own fans boo you which was inexcusable, that doesn't inspire confidence.

He's not shooting lay ups. Lay up includes the word "up" and up isn't in his vocabulary. In a layup you have momentum from a run and you jump and kiss the glass or drop it in. Blake with his jumping ability can probably reach higher than Chris and DJ sure can. Remember Camby jumped center. Chris has no explosive "first step"Chris shoots flat footed. His "jumper" is closer to a Set Shot. When he's close to the rim, he can't get his hand high enough to drop the ball in. Therefore he uses the "baby hook" and it's not an easy shot. Try it. Not to harp (well maybe a little) he has never worked on his vertical leap. Give him 6 more inches of vertical lift and he'd do ok. He can't do a scoop shot. He has only the hook and that's another problem. A small aresnal.

                
      Back to top
clipsfansincebirth
Post ID: 121856by clipsfansincebirth » Nov 06, 2010 - 11:59 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 678
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Chris Kaman is freaking terrible.................I reached a point last night where I was calling for Del Negro to insert Collins...it was that bad at least that guy can make a freaking layup....He literally wasted 16 possessions that should have all been layups or shots for other people.

                
      Back to top
clipsfansincebirth
Post ID: 121858by clipsfansincebirth » Nov 06, 2010 - 12:02 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 678
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Ya'll are giving this terrible guy way to much credit.......Chris Kaman literally lost the game for us last night and was a 1000 times worse than baron davis and everyone gives him a pass? Terrible!

                
      Back to top
lacsmoove
Post ID: 121859by lacsmoove » Nov 06, 2010 - 12:03 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
Rep Post +1
votes: 7

It's all lack of confidence in his game right now. He looked great in pre-season now looks awful. I think he's just trying too hard. Coming off the bench for a couple of games might do it.

                
      Back to top
Buddahfan
Post ID: 121902by Buddahfan » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:30 PM PST
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 98
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Kaman should be traded for a center who can defend and rebound. Scoring would be a bonus.

Jordan may become that man but I would prefer that the Clippers started a little more versatile big man who can rebound and defend (Jordan still has a way to go when it comes to his overall defense) as well as shoot a bit to keep defenders honest.

Kaman has too many holes in his game.

I also think that his basketball IQ is lower than you would want out of starting center for a playoff team. Just my opinion on this last point having watched him play and listened to some of his interviews over the last seven plus seasons.

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 121903by ekker3 » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:33 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7205
Rep Post +1
votes: 78

name a center better than kaman that you could trade for.

                
      Back to top
tense2
Post ID: 121905by tense2 » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:38 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8195
Rep Post +1
votes: 20

ekker3 wrote:
Buddahfan wrote:
Kaman should be traded for a center who can defend and rebound. Scoring would be a bonus.

Jordan may become that man but I would prefer that the Clippers started a little more versatile big man who can rebound and defend (Jordan still has a way to go when it comes to his overall defense) as well as shoot a bit to keep defenders honest.

Kaman has too many holes in his game.

I also think that his basketball IQ is lower than you would want out of starting center for a playoff team. Just my opinion on this last point having watched him play and listened to some of his interviews over the last seven plus seasons.

name a center better than kaman that you could trade for.

...yep...that's the problem

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 121906by clipperstown » Nov 06, 2010 - 02:38 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 20
Posts: 11289
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8 Rep Post +1
votes: 24

ekker3 wrote:
Buddahfan wrote:
Kaman should be traded for a center who can defend and rebound. Scoring would be a bonus.

Jordan may become that man but I would prefer that the Clippers started a little more versatile big man who can rebound and defend (Jordan still has a way to go when it comes to his overall defense) as well as shoot a bit to keep defenders honest.

Kaman has too many holes in his game.

I also think that his basketball IQ is lower than you would want out of starting center for a playoff team. Just my opinion on this last point having watched him play and listened to some of his interviews over the last seven plus seasons.

name a center better than kaman that you could trade for.

I think I'd rather have Brendan Haywood.

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Anybody Else Much Less Stressed This Season? Log in to check your private messages → ESPN: Blake Griffin Responds To Soft Comments


← Anybody Else Much Less Stressed This Season?

→ ESPN: Blake Griffin Responds To Soft Comments

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts Clippers @ Warriors Playoffs Gm. #3 Game Thread 2014-04-24 1247 Apr 23, 2014 - 08:46 PM
No new posts Clippers vs Warriors Playoffs Gm. #2 Game Thread 2014-04-21 879 Apr 20, 2014 - 06:37 PM
No new posts The After the Game 'Medals' Thread (Playoff Edition) 10 Apr 19, 2014 - 05:29 PM
No new posts Clippers vs Warriors Playoffs Gm. #1 Game Thread 2014-04-19 1059 Apr 17, 2014 - 01:21 AM
No new posts Clippers @ Trailblazers Game Thread 2014-04-16 241 Apr 16, 2014 - 03:08 AM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!