Bulls interested in Kaman?

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Jay.r
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1292

rp.gif
votes: 7
 
Apparently, 18 teams want Kaman and the Bobcats and the Bulls are the most interested. http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10757 K.C. Johnson's Bulls mailbag The Chicago Tribune's Bulls reporter answers reader questions. Do you think the Bulls will make a push for Chris Kaman before the trade deadline? I think he would give the Bulls the inside player they need. It may take giving up someone like Nocioni, but it would help the lineup in the long run. What do you think? -- Jamus Geter; Albany, NY The Bulls would be interested in Kaman and will be monitoring that situation. As of now, word around the league is the....

Please log in to view the entire post.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31
  1. Both Chris and Marcus are injury prone. When one is out, who is our Big? I'd bet between the two they miss at least 30% of the season. Marcus was injury free last yr and maybe help will keep him so.

  2. Playing them both fewer minutes will lessen the chance of injuries.

  3. Are we going to trade for a starting SG or a backup SF?

  4. Do we trust Skinner/ Davis III as our back up PF/ Center? Forget D'Andre.

  5. If we feel we get more points and consistant rebounds from Zack, trade Maucus

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7266
votes: 80

18 teams are interested in kaman.

why wouldnt we?!

(i bet 18 teams wouldnt be interested in randolph or camby)

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16146
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Cause some just don't appreciate what they have. I guess 18 professional franchises see talent when they see it and others just like to complain.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

Maybe a trade threat will motivate Chris if he really wants to be here. Over half the league. Are we nuts?

NUMB3RFIFTY
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1624

am.gif
votes: 36

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
18 teams are interested in kaman.

why wouldnt we?!

(i bet 18 teams wouldnt be interested in randolph or camby)

Cause some just don't appreciate what they have. I guess 18 professional franchises see talent when they see it and others just like to complain.

I agree, Camby's gotta go... I want Gooden and Gordon lol

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

"interested" there's an ambiguous term. Just because 18 teams are interested doesn't mean they aren't offering peanuts on the dollar b/c they don't see Kaman as an all-star... which as of now he's not close to being. Kaman is as he as always been and as I stated before the season... inconsistent. I keep waiting for him to break through, let's just cross our fingers that it happens. Keep in mind we haven't drafted an all-star player since Danny Manning....

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
18 teams are interested in kaman.

why wouldnt we?!

(i bet 18 teams wouldnt be interested in randolph or camby)

Cause some just don't appreciate what they have. I guess 18 professional franchises see talent when they see it and others just like to complain.

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2356
votes: 13

It sounds like the Clippers are pretty set on keeping Kaman, regardless of other teams interest. Let's see how it works

TheCalmInsanity
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1506

am.gif
votes: 29

Lamar Odom?

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

I assume you mean Lamar Odom as an all-star? Lamar has never made the All-Star team... only the all-rookie first team, and a bronze medal.

TheCalmInsanity wrote:
Lebron2clips2010 wrote:
"interested" there's an ambiguous term. Just because 18 teams are interested doesn't mean they aren't offering peanuts on the dollar b/c they don't see Kaman as an all-star... which as of now he's not close to being. Kaman is as he as always been and as I stated before the season... inconsistent. I keep waiting for him to break through, let's just cross our fingers that it happens. Keep in mind we haven't drafted an all-star player since Danny Manning....

Lamar Odom?

LAC_12
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 2032
Location: West Coast
votes: 18

18 teams are interested in a 7ft body with a beut contract... not talent. Kaman IS good, but hes just not good for us anymore. Before hand he could handle playing ball and felt more comfortable playing with EB - A HORSE, OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER. the same player that would cover up Kamans mistake and put him in a comfort zone. Kaman was EBs subordinate sidekick.

Now he does not have that... instead hes got a beast of a PG that is pressuring Kaman into playing at a higher leveled game... He just doenst work for that anymore. Dunleavy can aid him all he wants, but thats only hurting BD... instead of having an allstar PG playing full force and having Kaman (possibly) playing better basketball elsewhere (given certain environments and roles and group of characters to put him at a higher comfort level) we are stuck with a 2-10 team all due to a stubborn asss dumbasss coach.

To tell you the truth with Camby and Randolph at the frontcourt its less nerving thinking of a Kaman-less Clipper team (but that might not even be enough with MDsr as head coach). So my main concern is getting a coach that would utilize Davis and Thorton and friends... and maybe try to work it out for #35. If ti works, great - but if it doesnt a real coach would work something out (either less minutes or a trade)... A real coach would realize that BD is a bigger influence as an individual in this team than Kaman.

In other words BD playing at 90% > Kaman playing at 100%... that is how he carried a team to upset a title contending team. People like BD and EB are LIFTERS (BD more so), and Kaman just isnt (if anything he's like a hanger, needs to hang off of other people)... thats why Dunleavy aint utilizing his players or anything for that matter.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16146
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

That's flip that coin now. Just because you say other teams can be offering peanuts on the dollar for Kaman doesn't make it necessarily true. Fact is, Bobcats have already offered Wallace AND then JRich to obtain an inconsistent player so there is one strike against that notion.

As far as kaman being an All-star goes, maybe your expectations are just placed too high on the player. He earns his money ( $9.5 million ) and he is valuable to the team.

2008-09 EFFICIENCY LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 DOUBLE-DOUBLE LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 (Points + Rebounds + Assists) LEADERS : Average

7 Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 SCORING LEADERS : Points Per Game

9 Chris Kaman , LAC

And here is where he ranks among the big men on EVERYONES pet peeve list:

2008-09 TURNOVERS LEADERS : Turnovers Per Game

1 Ming Yao , HOU 2.8 TO's

2 Andrew Bogut , MIL

3 Chris Kaman , LAC 2.7

  1. Dwight Howard, ORL 2.6

5 Marc Gasol , MEM

6 Kendrick Perkins , BOS

7 Jermaine O'Neal , TOR

8 Brad Miller , SAC

9 Shaquille O'Neal , PHX

10 Andris Biedrins , GSW 2.1 TO's

  • you do notice there is only about 1/2 a TO from the first to last player...right? Pretty interesting stuff huh? The best centers ( Yao & Howard ) made the list. Kaman averages what the best centers in the NBA average.

Kaman is consistent make no mistake of that. People are just too caught up on how he scores. Kaman is a dbl/ dbl guy and has been...that makes him consistent. As far as expecting him to be an all-star, well, that is just that, your expectations.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15374
votes: 91

Well in a draft where after Kaman; Josh Howard and David West were available i do expect alot. Josh Howard is putting up 20 points a game along with 8.6 rebounds per game. West is putting up 19 a game along with 6.6 rebounds. My point is Those players were 29th and 18th in the draft to Kaman's 5th spot. I think top 5 picks should pretty much be all star caliber. I know it's not a perfect scouting and drafting system but Kaman has the talent and the tools. I expect 18-20 and 11-12 rebounds which in my eyes would make him an All star. Last year pre all star break he was averaging about 18 or 19 and 14 rebounds and 3 blocks per game. Those numbers would be amazing.

laclippers
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1528
Location: Los Angeles, California
votes: 5

A little off topic, but is it known if Kaman will play tonight? And by play, I mean full minutes?

teamfiend
Clipper Starter
Posts: 391
Location: los angeles
votes: 7

Injury updates

By Ramona Shelburne on November 29, 2008 11:36 AM

Chris Kaman is now doubtful for tonight's game against Miami with plantar fasciitis in his left foot; but a new player has been added to the injury list.

Baron Davis has come down with the stomach virus that took out Jason Hart and Brian Skinner the other night and will be a game-time decision.

http://www.insidesocal.com/clippers/

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

clipper*joe wrote:
Lebron2clips2010 wrote:
"interested" there's an ambiguous term. Just because 18 teams are interested doesn't mean they aren't offering peanuts on the dollar b/c they don't see Kaman as an all-star... which as of now he's not close to being. Kaman is as he as always been and as I stated before the season... inconsistent. I keep waiting for him to break through, let's just cross our fingers that it happens. Keep in mind we haven't drafted an all-star player since Danny Manning....

That's flip that coin now. Just because you say other teams can be offering peanuts on the dollar for Kaman doesn't make it necessarily true. Fact is, Bobcats have already offered Wallace AND then JRich to obtain an inconsistent player so there is one strike against that notion.

As far as kaman being an All-star goes, maybe your expectations are just placed too high on the player. He earns his money ( $9.5 million ) and he is valuable to the team.

2008-09 EFFICIENCY LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 DOUBLE-DOUBLE LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 (Points + Rebounds + Assists) LEADERS : Average

7 Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 SCORING LEADERS : Points Per Game

9 Chris Kaman , LAC

And here is where he ranks among the big men on EVERYONES pet peeve list:

2008-09 TURNOVERS LEADERS : Turnovers Per Game

1 Ming Yao , HOU 2.8 TO's

2 Andrew Bogut , MIL

3 Chris Kaman , LAC 2.7

  1. Dwight Howard, ORL 2.6

5 Marc Gasol , MEM

6 Kendrick Perkins , BOS

7 Jermaine O'Neal , TOR

8 Brad Miller , SAC

9 Shaquille O'Neal , PHX

10 Andris Biedrins , GSW 2.1 TO's

  • you do notice there is only about 1/2 a TO from the first to last player...right? Pretty interesting stuff huh? The best centers ( Yao & Howard ) made the list. Kaman averages what the best centers in the NBA average.

Kaman is consistent make no mistake of that. People are just too caught up on how he scores. Kaman is a dbl/ dbl guy and has been...that makes him consistent. As far as expecting him to be an all-star, well, that is just that, your expectations.

First of all I never stated that I didn't think teams were interested so your completely off topic on negating my statement. Second of all the Bobcats are an inconsistent team who is trying desperately to turn things around, so using them as an example of how badly Kaman is sought after is a poor one. Third of all Kaman IS INCONSISTENT. I don't get what you don't understand about this, I'm not saying he's worthless or can't become consistent but as of now in factual land not fantasy land he is not a consistent player.

I love how after that you take about salaries, even though I never once stated he was on over payed player?? I think the problem has been clearly stated he was drafter above players who are all-stars, and are plain better players as of now. That being said do I think he's the biggest problem on the team? no, of course not nor does he not have a ton of upside but the facts are the facts. And so far in his career he hasn't been able to put together anything that close to an all-star season. Last year he kind of was but only played 55 games or so. Again I hope he does become CONSISTENT,but as of now he's just not. Lastly don't give me the oh he's 4th in dbl dbl's he disappears for games at a time... anyone who knows basketball can see that.

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

clipper*joe wrote:
Lebron2clips2010 wrote:
"interested" there's an ambiguous term. Just because 18 teams are interested doesn't mean they aren't offering peanuts on the dollar b/c they don't see Kaman as an all-star... which as of now he's not close to being. Kaman is as he as always been and as I stated before the season... inconsistent. I keep waiting for him to break through, let's just cross our fingers that it happens. Keep in mind we haven't drafted an all-star player since Danny Manning....

That's flip that coin now. Just because you say other teams can be offering peanuts on the dollar for Kaman doesn't make it necessarily true. Fact is, Bobcats have already offered Wallace AND then JRich to obtain an inconsistent player so there is one strike against that notion.

As far as kaman being an All-star goes, maybe your expectations are just placed too high on the player. He earns his money ( $9.5 million ) and he is valuable to the team.

2008-09 EFFICIENCY LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 DOUBLE-DOUBLE LEADERS

  1. Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 (Points + Rebounds + Assists) LEADERS : Average

7 Chris Kaman , LAC

2008-09 SCORING LEADERS : Points Per Game

9 Chris Kaman , LAC

And here is where he ranks among the big men on EVERYONES pet peeve list:

2008-09 TURNOVERS LEADERS : Turnovers Per Game

1 Ming Yao , HOU 2.8 TO's

2 Andrew Bogut , MIL

3 Chris Kaman , LAC 2.7

  1. Dwight Howard, ORL 2.6

5 Marc Gasol , MEM

6 Kendrick Perkins , BOS

7 Jermaine O'Neal , TOR

8 Brad Miller , SAC

9 Shaquille O'Neal , PHX

10 Andris Biedrins , GSW 2.1 TO's

  • you do notice there is only about 1/2 a TO from the first to last player...right? Pretty interesting stuff huh? The best centers ( Yao & Howard ) made the list. Kaman averages what the best centers in the NBA average.

Kaman is consistent make no mistake of that. People are just too caught up on how he scores. Kaman is a dbl/ dbl guy and has been...that makes him consistent. As far as expecting him to be an all-star, well, that is just that, your expectations.

First of all I never stated that I didn't think teams were interested so your completely off topic on negating my statement. Second of all the Bobcats are an inconsistent team who is trying desperately to turn things around, so using them as an example of how badly Kaman is sought after is a poor one. Third of all Kaman IS INCONSISTENT. I don't get what you don't understand about this, I'm not saying he's worthless or can't become consistent but as of now in factual land not fantasy land he is not a consistent player.

I love how after that you take about salaries, even though I never once stated he was on over payed player?? I think the problem has been clearly stated he was drafter above players who are all-stars, and are plain better players as of now. That being said do I think he's the biggest problem on the team? no, of course not nor does he not have a ton of upside but the facts are the facts. And so far in his career he hasn't been able to put together anything that close to an all-star season. Last year he kind of was but only played 55 games or so. Again I hope he does become CONSISTENT,but as of now he's just not. Lastly don't give me the oh he's 4th in dbl dbl's he disappears for games at a time... anyone who knows basketball can see that.

teamfiend
Clipper Starter
Posts: 391
Location: los angeles
votes: 7

i thought he played allstar calibur ball last year until the injuries, and feel hes playing pretty great this year too.... i dont understand all the criticism or the inconsistent talk. when hes healthy, he plays consistently very good imho

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16146
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Lebron2clips2010 wrote:

First of all I never stated that I didn't think teams were interested so your completely off topic on negating my statement.

Correct, BUT you did subtly imply that other teams were offering "peanuts" on the dollar for him...right? At the very least, you are offering an opposing view of his worth. As far a negating your statement goes, I didn't. Negating means "denying" and I ain't denying what you say but offering up an OPPOSING view, hence the term; "other side of the coin".

Quote:
Second of all the Bobcats are an inconsistent team who is trying desperately to turn things around, so using them as an example of how badly Kaman is sought after is a poor one.

ANY team seeking a trade is in need...right? A trade usually occurs due to an inconsistent team or out of desperation right? A team looking to become better is usually seeking a trade right? So how is my example a poor one? roll

When did I ever say he is "badly" sought after?

You do realize that salaries have to match when a trade is done...right? If it means 2 players for one is order to make the money jive it has to be done but the money has to match. So this notion about "peanuts" on the dollar for Kaman is a poor example to begin with. I was going to bring it up but decided not to for obvious reason ...until now.

Quote:
Third of all Kaman IS INCONSISTENT. I don't get what you don't understand about this, I'm not saying he's worthless or can't become consistent but as of now in factual land not fantasy land he is not a consistent player.

I am a little confused about this "inconsistent" thing about Kaman. I keep getting different definitions from different people. Can you elaborate on this just so we can on the same page when we discuss this?

Quote:
I love how after that you take about salaries, even though I never once stated he was on over payed player??

That wasn't the reason why I posted his Salary. He is paid 9.5 million a year and is far less than that of what a ALL-STAR player is paid. The reason I posted it is because he is being paid accordingly and not paid by his draft status or the equal amount of those in his draft class that merit their salary. In other words, he earns what he is paid.

Quote:
Lastly don't give me the oh he's 4th in dbl dbl's he disappears for games at a time... anyone who knows basketball can see that.

Show me one player that doesn't disappear in games and I will show you a flying pig. Players disappear for various reasons...here are a few:

  1. The teams defer to other players that are shooting hot.

  2. Teams are playing the mis-matches

  3. Opposing teams are double teaming that player.

  4. Or just maybe, they are having a bad game.

Oh , and as far as his dbl/ dbl's go? Well if that isn't consistent then I don't know what is. he might not be an All-star but you can almost count on him to get them on just about every night.

Anyone who knows basketball can see that.

EI_Nino_Jesus
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1016

us.gif
votes: 8

Chris Kaman go into the water.....

Shark in the water.....

lol jk, Well thats news to me, judging now would you have drafted Josh over Kaman?

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

Chris is somewhat inconsistant depending on how frustrated he is.

But. Chris plays injured a lot. A lot depends on matchups. Last yr teams found ways to exploit his weaknesses and the weaknesses of the team in the post like figuring out what we should do with a double team. But last yr there was nobody to pass to. Usually he comes up with a 20 (some combo of points and RBs) Who did he have feeding the post last yr? Nobody. Y A baby hook doesn't get the attention like a facial so he doesn't look as spectacular. You're gonna see a good season if he's not frustrated. BTW as mentioned a long time ago, a Kayman is a man eating South American crocodile not a shark.

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

Clipper Joe, first of all peanuts on the dollar is in reference to what caliber of player is being offered not literally the dollars being offered. Your condescending tone of whether I understand matching salaries is insulting and makes you look like a dick. Some teams need to trade to make there bench better like Dallas some teams are trading because their starting line-up is crap so lumping any team that is looking for a trade in the same category is a total oversimplification in attempt to validate your shaky argument. Look at Kaman's #'s he has 11 pts one game, 19 the next, 6 the next, 23 pts, than 10 than 8. Yeah reaaal consistent, his rebounds are just as erratic. 14 and 9.5 is legit but it's nothing too impressive. I continue to state I don't think Kaman should be traded or is worthless but you seem to live in this fantasy world that every clippers player should be on the all NBA 1st team, and its just bad luck that they're 3-13 and that their #'s aren't anywhere near all-start caliber. I root my @ss off at games and love the players but they are what they are and it gives us clips fans a bad rap when we aren't realistic.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16146
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Lebron2clips2010 wrote:
Clipper Joe, first of all peanuts on the dollar is in reference to what caliber of player is being offered not literally the dollars being offered. Your condescending tone of whether I understand matching salaries is insulting and makes you look like a ****.

My friend, my tone took a turn after these condescending remarks by you:

Quote:
"Lastly don't give me the oh he's 4th in dbl dbl's he disappears for games at a time... anyone who knows basketball can see that. "

Quote:
Some teams need to trade to make there bench better like Dallas some teams are trading because their starting line-up is crap so lumping any team that is looking for a trade in the same category is a total oversimplification in attempt to validate your shaky argument.

I am not lumping any team, I am giving an example ( only offer that has been made public) to counter your point that maybe teams are offering "peanuts" for Kaman. Having said that, what teams do you know of that are offering "peanuts" on the dollar to validate what you are saying? I mean, I wasn't the one who wrote an article stating that 18 teams want his services. I am just stating that Kaman must have worth if 18 teams are interested in him NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER. You are the one coming out of left field with this "peanut" argument with nothing to back it up.

Quote:

Look at Kaman's #'s he has 11 pts one game, 19 the next, 6 the next, 23 pts, than 10 than 8. Yeah reaaal consistent, his rebounds are just as erratic. 14 and 9.5 is legit but it's nothing too impressive.

Uh...what? You realize the oversimplification of your argument????? You do realize every single player gets different point on just about EVERY GAME?!

Look:

Kaman's last 3 games:

Denver : 4 pts...was injured and never came back

Hornets: 14 pts

Nets: 14 points

Baron's last 3 games:

Denver : 15 pts...was injured and never came back

Hornets: 18 pts

Nets: 19 pts

Kobe Bryant's last 3 games:

35 pts

12 pts

24 pts

...see what I mean?

The reason why they have season averages is because NO PLAYER sustains the same numbers night in and night out. All players are inconsistent, it's just that the better players have higher averages. Hence the word "averages".

Quote:
I continue to state I don't think Kaman should be traded or is worthless but you seem to live in this fantasy world that every clippers player should be on the all NBA 1st team, and its just bad luck that they're 3-13 and that their #'s aren't anywhere near all-start caliber. I root my @ss off at games and love the players but they are what they are and it gives us clips fans a bad rap when we aren't realistic.

The bolded part in your comments shows your condescension for others but I can easily dish it out just as well as you try to serve it. If I live in a fantasy world then you must live in Crazy Town cause I never said every player should be on the first team...ever! In fact I said that maybe you should lower...ahhhh....here are my actual words:

Quote:

Kaman is consistent make no mistake of that. People are just too caught up on how he scores. Kaman is a dbl/ dbl guy and has been...that makes him consistent. As far as expecting him to be an all-star, well, that is just that, your expectations.

and here's more:

Quote:
As far as kaman being an All-star goes, maybe your expectations are just placed too high on the player. He earns his money ( $9.5 million ) and he is valuable to the team.

You notice how I NEVER said he is an ALL-Star caliber player and I also said he isn't paid like one. Yet you keep implying that he should be but hasn't broken out yet. I have only said that he is putting up numbers that validate his salary and that he serves a purpose on this team. Anything else is conjured up by you.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← "Kaman To Bobcats For J-Rich?"

→ Three way with Knicks, Blazers, and Clippers?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!