Clippers’ draft windfall could trickle down to Dallas Mave (P. 2)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipshow
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

Derty_Bert wrote:
rollingkiwi92 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
Derty_Bert wrote:
Thickness has nothing to do with strenght? Are you serious? Where's this logic? If Rubio weighs 180 and collides with,(it doesn't even have to be a center) say Eric Gordon who weighs 220, who do you think will fall and take the damage from the blow. That's a forty pound difference and they're about the same height.

the logic is that people are born with different metabolisms and body frames. i see it all the time at gyms. you have these tall 6'3" guys that look like they're pretty strong but they're only capable of benching 135, then you have another scrawny guy who benches 235. looks can be deceiving and thickness means nothing. now im not saying rubio's as strong as an ox or anything (or that he's even reached his "man weight" yet since he's only 18) but i wouldnt judge a book by its cover.

that's true, i mean, look at durant. he very strong for his weight.

My eight year old son is probably stronger than Rubio. The scouts were saying when Durant was drafted that he could barely bench press 145 pounds, so if thats strong to you more power to ya. I'm not saying you have to be ripped or buff to be strong but it's obvious he has the strenght of a high school junior. Livingston couldn't bench over 200 so what makes Rubio different, humans had been relying on physics for so long for a reason, it works.

Durant is not strong for his weight, dude barley benches 175.

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

That does look really good if they all stay healthy.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

im telling you GRIFFIN is NOT a superstar. a great player, yes. but lebron-type franchise changing player he is NOT.

Rockford
Posts: 568
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
us.gif
votes: 1

ekker3 wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
you guys, rubio CANNOT change a game. yeah he can pass, but when you need a crunch time player to score for you when you need to,(everytime you need to) griffin can do it. griffin is strong. the guy will be able to dominate games, just like how lebron does. he will get to the rack every time he wants to, cause he's freaking strong!!!!!!!!! no, i dont want rubio because we really need a superstar right now. gordon and griffin are going to be our superstars. the only reason id give up this pick is if we trade thunder this pick,which is griffin, minnys pick, and a couple of future first rounders for kevin durant.

im telling you GRIFFIN is NOT a superstar. a great player, yes. but lebron-type franchise changing player he is NOT.

Rubio isn't even as good as Russell Westbrook.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

ether wrote:
Trade for the #2 pick? We don't need another rookie! We need the players we have to mature. With EG, Al, Griffin and the two 2nd rounders from last year, there is already enough youth vs. veteran balance. This is just getting greedy.

that's only necessarily true for playoff contenders. we finished with the 2nd worst record in the NBA. i wouldnt see a problem with stacking with QUALITY draft picks . besides, as much as i favor the spaniard, griffin isnt exactly stromile swift, as rubio isnt randy woods. we're better off doing that than skipping on the opportunity and trading for veterans only have fans hope we can make it to the playoffs (and consider it a success even though we lose in the 1st round). OKC's gonna be a beast in a couple years, just like portland's doing it now. we're FAAAR from playoff contention as it is.

Quote:

Also: trading Kaman for Hinrich or Stackhouse? Why would you trade a starter for a bench player? Especially a starting center? A true center is a rare commodity in the NBA.

now that i agree with you 100%. amen. 7footers are a dime a dozen. if we trade kaman, we better have a plan to get a capable replacement (unlikely).

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

Derty_Bert wrote:
rollingkiwi92 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
Derty_Bert wrote:
Thickness has nothing to do with strenght? Are you serious? Where's this logic? If Rubio weighs 180 and collides with,(it doesn't even have to be a center) say Eric Gordon who weighs 220, who do you think will fall and take the damage from the blow. That's a forty pound difference and they're about the same height.

the logic is that people are born with different metabolisms and body frames. i see it all the time at gyms. you have these tall 6'3" guys that look like they're pretty strong but they're only capable of benching 135, then you have another scrawny guy who benches 235. looks can be deceiving and thickness means nothing. now im not saying rubio's as strong as an ox or anything (or that he's even reached his "man weight" yet since he's only 18) but i wouldnt judge a book by its cover.

that's true, i mean, look at durant. he very strong for his weight.

My eight year old son is probably stronger than Rubio. The scouts were saying when Durant was drafted that he could barely bench press 145 pounds, so if thats strong to you more power to ya. I'm not saying you have to be ripped or buff to be strong but it's obvious he has the strenght of a high school junior. Livingston couldn't bench over 200 so what makes Rubio different, humans had been relying on physics for so long for a reason, it works.

1.he's probably as strong as a HS junior because he's PRACTICALLY a high school junior! rubio's only 18 years old. think back how you looked at 18 and compare that to your mid 20s early 30s. i hope you didnt look the same.

  1. anyone who lifts weights knows that the longer your arms, the lower weight you can bench. its physics - a longer range of motion + said weight = more force required. durant (even rubio) have long wingspans.

  2. pass first point guards are not known for their strength. rubio's strength or lackthereof doesnt really matter.

Derty_Bert
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1120

calif.gif
votes: 3

"He's probably as strong as a HS junior."

and this is who you would waste the 1st or 2nd pick on?

It's WNBA players stronger than him, who is he gonna take a ball from, Lisa Leslie would kick his *** in one on one.

Rockford
Posts: 568
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
us.gif
votes: 1

ekker3 wrote:
Derty_Bert wrote:
rollingkiwi92 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
Derty_Bert wrote:
Thickness has nothing to do with strenght? Are you serious? Where's this logic? If Rubio weighs 180 and collides with,(it doesn't even have to be a center) say Eric Gordon who weighs 220, who do you think will fall and take the damage from the blow. That's a forty pound difference and they're about the same height.

the logic is that people are born with different metabolisms and body frames. i see it all the time at gyms. you have these tall 6'3" guys that look like they're pretty strong but they're only capable of benching 135, then you have another scrawny guy who benches 235. looks can be deceiving and thickness means nothing. now im not saying rubio's as strong as an ox or anything (or that he's even reached his "man weight" yet since he's only 18) but i wouldnt judge a book by its cover.

that's true, i mean, look at durant. he very strong for his weight.

My eight year old son is probably stronger than Rubio. The scouts were saying when Durant was drafted that he could barely bench press 145 pounds, so if thats strong to you more power to ya. I'm not saying you have to be ripped or buff to be strong but it's obvious he has the strenght of a high school junior. Livingston couldn't bench over 200 so what makes Rubio different, humans had been relying on physics for so long for a reason, it works.

1.he's probably as strong as a HS junior because he's PRACTICALLY a high school junior! rubio's only 18 years old. think back how you looked at 18 and compare that to your mid 20s early 30s. i hope you didnt look the same.

  1. anyone who lifts weights knows that the longer your arms, the lower weight you can bench. its physics - a longer range of motion + said weight = more force required. durant (even rubio) have long wingspans.

  2. pass first point guards are not known for their strength. rubio's strength or lackthereof doesnt really matter.

So we should use pick #1 on a pass first point guard? So a guy like Jose Calderon who is a true pass first point guard we should use the #1 pick on?

Rather than a super athletic, highly talented rebounding machine who is as strong as anyone in the league right now with amazing work ethics and little to no injury history ( unlike Rubio ) we should pass on him?

That'd be awesome lets do it. Then lets let Rubio QB the team next year or in 2010 and watch as he gets spanked left and right on the court when he tries to pull some sort of shifty move, which normally results in a turnover and he really hurts himself.

Meanwhile Griffin is busy miles away pulling down 12 boards and scoring 17 points against a team with a good power forward and looking solid.

Great idea guys.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

Rockford wrote:

So we should use pick #1 on a pass first point guard? So a guy like Jose Calderon who is a true pass first point guard we should use the #1 pick on?

take away the limiting "jose calderon" part and let ricky be his own person. that being said, i would use "pick #1 on a pass first point guard. the NBA has seen LOTS of pass-first PGs that have been worthy of a #1 pick.

Quote:

Rather than a super athletic, highly talented rebounding machine who is as strong as anyone in the league right now with amazing work ethics and little to no injury history ( unlike Rubio ) we should pass on him?

"athletic rebounding machine with amazing work ethic" can sum up a LOT of NBA players in the league right now (i.e. udonis haslem, samuel dalembert). these guys can be bought via free agency or whatever. there're not as hard to come by as an 18 year old passing wizard with an incredible basketball IQ.

Quote:

That'd be awesome lets do it. Then lets let Rubio QB the team next year or in 2010 and watch as he gets spanked left and right on the court when he tries to pull some sort of shifty move, which normally results in a turnover and he really hurts himself.

you're negative assumptions on ricky are limiting your judgement.

Quote:

Meanwhile Griffin is busy miles away pulling down 12 boards and scoring 17 points against a team with a good power forward and looking solid.

there's got to be something bad you can say about griffin.

Great idea guys.

Rockford, im glad you're finally seeing the light. welcome aboard the ricky rubio express. Wink

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Who is likely to stay this summer?

→ And the trade Blake rumors begin...

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!