Offer to clipps? Mike Miller

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
GRIFFIN32
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 364
Location: La Mirada CA
votes: 2
 

-According to an NBA source, super active Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn has offered Mike Miller to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Chris Kaman. The Clippers shot down that trade, but countered with Marcus Camby. HOOPSworld

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4880
votes: 37

Nice! I think that would work well. We arent going to get jack for Camby at seaon's end and Miller can start or come off the bench and is a good shooter and a decent facilitator.

jClipper
Clipper Starter
Posts: 365
Location: 626.323 Area!
votes: 1

he'll play behind Thornton.

MuteHaitian
Clipper Starter
Posts: 608
Location: UCLA
votes: 1

Why would we trade our hardest working Clipper from last year for a player that played horribly last year?

Mike Miller was terrible last year and if he follows suit like Ricky Davis did coming from the T-Wolves, we'll be in for another rude awakening. Besides where would he start? SG or SF? For sure I want Gordon to start, and I still want to give Thornton a chance. Bad trade imo.

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1463
votes: 11

i like randy roye

sunnydrew3
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1569
Location: Irvine, CA
us.gif
votes: 5

merge this thread?

pretty similar discussion going on in the camby/kaman rumors thread.

keep in mind this was an offer FROM the twolves, and not our offer to them. i dont think we trade kaman straight up for miller. no way that happens.

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1463
votes: 11

opps i mean randy Foye

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4880
votes: 37


Repped High Quality Post

Well i think you are missing out on two key points...

1) Camby will almost definitely leave the clipps after this year and not give the clipps anything. Personally i dont think we are in the place to use a 1 year rental.

2) Mike Miller didnt play horrible last year: he shot 48% from the field, 38% from 3pt land, had 6.6 rpg, and 4.5 apg. The only stat that wasnt great was his 9.9 ppg which i think catches most people's eye and leas to an automatic writeoff.

Personally i think he would fit in well with our team. A complimentary poor man's turkoglu.

checkdafool10
Posts: 2465
Location: Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 11

If we trade for Mike Miller than there is no need to sign Novak right?

MuteHaitian
Clipper Starter
Posts: 608
Location: UCLA
votes: 1

Very good point. I still wish to develop Novak into an offensive weapon though, so I hope we keep him somehow.

clippergm
Clipper Starter
Posts: 279
votes: 1

mike miller also expires after this year, same time as camby's so it seems this would be about as best value we can get for camby...i'd rather keep camby like everyone else, but our logjam is getting serious, especially when you consider Deandre looks legit and a valuable future asset for us.

Wouldn't everyone much rather see Kaman for either Rip or Tayshaun? (in lieu of camby for miller).. Miller hasn't been a winner, but Rip/Tayshaun are just winners. Rip would be nice on the wing playing Run 'n Gun, or Tayshaun's defense alone can win us games...

When cuttino and sam, both winners, joined the squad, they really brought in a winner's mentality, which I feel a Rip or Tayshaun would bring...

BBCLIP1
Clipper Starter
Posts: 360
votes: 5

I personally would have done this deal. What's the use of having Kaman as a center when he can't even play half a season? Not only that, he's also one of the most frustrating players to watch on this team. He blows point black layups, fumbles passes, and has the IQ of a peanut. This guy is regressing as a player and we need to trade him. Trading him for a SF in Miller who is a great shooter, a great passer, and a great facilitator seems like a no-brainer for me. These are three things Thornton needs work on and Miller can actually step in and start at SF for us. Also, he's an expiring contract which is very valuable these days and can get us back in the 2010 sweepstakes.

dee
Clipper Starter
Posts: 334
votes: 4

rip or tayshaun would be awesome. tayshaun is from la. but i imagine it would be difficult to get.

Miquel
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1853
Location: Barcelona
sp.gif
votes: 16

I'm a bit confused with Mimi's last year performance but I remember him when he was in Memphis and he was a good player. Definetelly it's an interesting possibility but I think we can get something better for our bigs...

Miquel
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1853
Location: Barcelona
sp.gif
votes: 16

Yes...And I think Kaman is from Michigan. Isn't it?

Or he was German?? Wink

Afm
Clipper Starter
Posts: 536
votes: 4

whats the point of kaman sitting behind the bench in his suit for another season Question

Miller and camby could take 20mil off the books this coming of season which means with our young core of gordon griffin and thornton, we can add a super free agent in 2010

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

what about Zbo for mike miller?

sunnydrew3
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1569
Location: Irvine, CA
us.gif
votes: 5

They need a Center. They already have Love and Jefferson at PF. I would make this trade though!

clippergm
Clipper Starter
Posts: 279
votes: 1

I love the aspect of miller/camby taking $20M off the books, but Kaman is worth much more than people think. I was asking a colleague of mine the other day: After Yao/Shaq/Dwight, who are the top true Centers in the NBA? Duncan we consider a PF...

also, the rumor now says kaman for mike miller straight up, but there were previous rumblings of Minn. including the #18 pick in this same deal.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

whats your source?

clippergm
Clipper Starter
Posts: 279
votes: 1

I think this has been said over 1,000 times in this forum, but "I'd love to move Zach first and foremost, but his trade value is zero because of his salary"...

We'd have a hard enough time trading Zach for a future 2nd rounder in a straight cost cutting move, let alone expecting some form of asset in return for him. Again, why would a team take on Zach's salary for a 2nd rounder, when they can just go and sign Boozer for the same or maybe even less money on July 1st.

scuba6
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 485
votes: 4

clippergm wrote:
Afm wrote:
whats the point of kaman sitting behind the bench in his suit for another season Question

Miller and camby could take 20mil off the books this coming of season which means with our young core of gordon griffin and thornton, we can add a super free agent in 2010

I love the aspect of miller/camby taking $20M off the books, but Kaman is worth much more than people think. I was asking a colleague of mine the other day: After Yao/Shaq/Dwight, who are the top true Centers in the NBA? Duncan we consider a PF...

also, the rumor now says kaman for mike miller straight up, but there were previous rumblings of Minn. including the #18 pick in this same deal.

Great points. Kaman has just been a lazy tub of nothing sitting in a suit behidn the bench. That would be awesome to tak eoff $20M off the books come 2010. I would love for that to happen. We can definately sign a great player then.

Regarding the rumor for mike miller straight is anot a bad idea. Maybe we could get away with Miller and that #18 pick. There are alot of players to choose from around then. I like Earl Clark and Tyreke Evans> Though i hear they are moving up in the draft charts. They would be great players to have. Also Tyler Hansborough might be available mid-late 1st round which would be a great player to add. He has a great IQ and works extremely hard.

I say pull the trigger if we get the #18 pick. If not, iono...

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2354
votes: 13

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Novak is an incredible 3-point shooter that will get better at defense, on top of that, he's dirt cheap for what he does!

Then you have Camby who is going to be worth so much at the trade deadline, every team in the playoff race is going to make a good offer for him.

Derty_Bert
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1120

calif.gif
votes: 3

I was just about to say the same thing. This is ridiculous, it sounds like somebody in the front office is doing their job. Miller is washed up and lost his stroke he and Novak are basically the same player. Come February all of the playoff contenders WILL come looking for Camby.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

No novaks defense will not improve, he is just a shooter. He looks to be a plyer that will never be good at guarding someone. Like Steve Kerr

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2354
votes: 13

Steve Kerr wasn't 6'10". Novak is a decent rebounder. The point is he is an outstanding shooter, if he takes enough shots, he will definitely outscore whoever he is guarding (assuming he is guarding 2nd unit players)

scuba6
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 485
votes: 4

sz123456 wrote:
rick0314 wrote:
No novaks defense will not improve, he is just a shooter. He looks to be a plyer that will never be good at guarding someone. Like Steve Kerr

Steve Kerr wasn't 6'10". Novak is a decent rebounder. The point is he is an outstanding shooter, if he takes enough shots, he will definitely outscore whoever he is guarding (assuming he is guarding 2nd unit players)

The only way he gets mor shots is if he can create for himself. Which he cant. he's not the quickest player and most agile. I do love his stroke though. Ive loved it since he was w/ Houston the season before. He has a great stroke. Other than that, thats about it with novak. Too frail to guard PF's and too slow to guard SF's. Nothign but a shooter.

Mike Miller on the other hand has lost his touch sorta speak. he isnt the same power player we knew a few years ago in Memphis. He was great back then. Great shooter. Plus he can slash and create for himself. Sorry i cant say the same for Novak. And that is the ONLY and BIGGEST difference between the two.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4034
votes: 54

Miller had a bad start to the season, but got himself straightened out the second half and was back to his old self... Miller is a much better player than Novak will ever be... Miller can put it on the floor, create, pass... He's not a great defender, but is better than Novak... I'm not suggesting he's enough of a player to trade Kaman for, but he would immediately move into our starting lineup at the SF. Can also play some SG to back up Gordon there as well... Perhaps Kaman and our future Minny pick for miller and their # 6 this year... That could bring in Tyreke Evans, or Curry

sunnydrew3
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1569
Location: Irvine, CA
us.gif
votes: 5

As long as DeAndre has improved and Tyreke was on the board at #6, I would jump on that deal.

Like I said earlier, I would be hesitant to improve the TWolves too much as the better they get the worse our future first round pick from them gets, but if we get the #6 in return from them that benefits us more right now and they get their pick back for next year.

We would have Baron, Gordon, Miller, Zach and Camby as our opening night starting lineup with players off the bench who get plenty of minutes being Evans, Thornton, DeAndre, Griffin and I would guess Novak. To me, that team is deeper than if we stay as is and just draft Griffin, and that team also has a bright future too.

Still, so much depends on DeAndre. Playing next to Griffin, I dont think we necessarily need an All Star center, although it would be nice, but if Griffin can score the ball effectively and DeAndre rebounds and defends as good as a camby or tyson chandler player, i think we would be okay.

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2354
votes: 13

I love the idea of moving Kaman for Miller and the #6, I would feel like we took a huge step in the right direction. His apathy and "speak without thinking" mentality would be easy to part with.

scuba6
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 485
votes: 4

sunnydrew3 wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Miller had a bad start to the season, but got himself straightened out the second half and was back to his old self... Miller is a much better player than Novak will ever be... Miller can put it on the floor, create, pass... He's not a great defender, but is better than Novak... I'm not suggesting he's enough of a player to trade Kaman for, but he would immediately move into our starting lineup at the SF. Can also play some SG to back up Gordon there as well... Perhaps Kaman and our future Minny pick for miller and their # 6 this year... That could bring in Tyreke Evans, or Curry

As long as DeAndre has improved and Tyreke was on the board at #6, I would jump on that deal.

Like I said earlier, I would be hesitant to improve the TWolves too much as the better they get the worse our future first round pick from them gets, but if we get the #6 in return from them that benefits us more right now and they get their pick back for next year.

We would have Baron, Gordon, Miller, Zach and Camby as our opening night starting lineup with players off the bench who get plenty of minutes being Evans, Thornton, DeAndre, Griffin and I would guess Novak. To me, that team is deeper than if we stay as is and just draft Griffin, and that team also has a bright future too.

Still, so much depends on DeAndre. Playing next to Griffin, I dont think we necessarily need an All Star center, although it would be nice, but if Griffin can score the ball effectively and DeAndre rebounds and defends as good as a camby or tyson chandler player, i think we would be okay.

Lovin it! Tyreke Evans is a good player. Great height, 6'11' wingspan and he's 6'6" and can handle the ball. I'd like it if we did this.

Kaman for their #6 and Miller.

hockeypro68
Clipper Rookie
 Avatar
Posts: 54
votes: 1

My thoughts exactly. Mike Miller for Chris Kaman in a heartbeat. Minnesota would be taking Kaman's horrible contract, crappy inconsistency, and injury proneness off our hands. This is a trade we should have made. DeAndre will really have a chance to blossom this season with a solid 25-30 mpg at least.

I really think the Clippers have a chance to turn it around this season. Making the playoffs may not be in reach because the West is so stacked, but I expect to be over .500

I have $5 on it in fact.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

my only think about this trade is that we would be weak at the center position, the west is know for big centers. i wouldnt do it

scuba6
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 485
votes: 4

You're right. Sort of. We wouldnt be as strong as we are with the "talent" of bigs we have. But that will allow DeAndre to develop. Last season, we saw glimpse of what is capable of DeAndre w/limited role and mins. With Kaman out of the picture, we would have Camby at starting C and DJ as the back up. We have post play in Zach and Griffin. So the inside game is covered. We have our perimiter players in Gordon and Mike Miller/Steve Novak. Then we have our penetrators, facilitators and floor leaders (hopefully ) in BD and Mike Taylor. not to mention we still have Fred Jones as backup and maybe even Mardy Collins. Both who performed well last season for us.

So bringing in Mike Miller for Kaman would be great, ONLY if Minni provides us the #6 (that would be awesome) or their #18 pick. Either way we could definately pick up a quality player for the future or now.

If i were GM i'd do it and shoot for a gem in this years draft at SF. With picking an SF with Minni's pick, he could develop in the next year or two, then becoming our back up SF for Al down the line. Cats like Earl Clark, Terrance Williams whom both are not projected to go off the board until mid-late 1st round. So with the #16 from Minni would also be beneficial.

Just some thoughts.

BBCLIP1
Clipper Starter
Posts: 360
votes: 5

I'm beginning to think that this rumor is bogus. It makes too much sense. Why would we turn down a SF who can shoot, pass, and facilitate and to top it all off comes off the books, if it does not work out? But then again, I forgot about Dunleavy's love for Kaman.

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2354
votes: 13

Looking at the PF/C combos of the western playoff teams you got:

Pau/Bynum

Kenyon Martin/Nene

Duncan/Oberto

Aldridge/Przybilla

Scola/Yao

Dirk/Dampier

David West/Chandler

Boozer/Okur

Only two of those matchups do I think we'd get burned on without having Kaman there. I would say the Spurs but Duncan is really getting up there. I don't think Chris can guard Nene, Okur, or Chandler anyway, he'd almost be a liability out there if he wasn't consistently scoring.

scuba6
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 485
votes: 4

sz123456 wrote:
rick0314 wrote:
my only think about this trade is that we would be weak at the center position, the west is know for big centers. i wouldnt do it

Looking at the PF/C combos of the western playoff teams you got:

Pau/Bynum

Kenyon Martin/Nene

Duncan/Oberto

Aldridge/Przybilla

Scola/Yao

Dirk/Dampier

David West/Chandler

Boozer/Okur

Only two of those matchups do I think we'd get burned on without having Kaman there. I would say the Spurs but Duncan is really getting up there. I don't think Chris can guard Nene, Okur, or Chandler anyway, he'd almost be a liability out there if he wasn't consistently scoring.

Now put our come PF/C and see where we stand..

Starting - Camby/Z-Bo

2nd unit - DeAndre/ Griffin

IMO, OUR two sets of bigs can compete in the West, Easily. We would definately put up a great fight. Nobody will be able to hold down BG. And well Z-Bo gets his REGARDLESS..so i think were good. Its the perimeter that we have to worry about. There are so many talented perimeter players here in the West.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

i dont know, Kaman is more of a natural center compared to Deandre and Camby

neither has a post up move, i guess untill i see Deandre in summer leagure i would say

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8509
votes: 42

I would pull the trigger on the Camby for Miller- it'd be a win win for both teams. Imagine Mike Miller coming off of our bench- that's a nice thought. We've got enough scorers- we need more passers on the team.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

id do the kaman trade if they include their pick. thats a steal. we get an expiring contract and tyreke evans or something.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4880
votes: 37

i think he would be a great fit...

also in regards to the Mike Miller and Steve Novak are essentially the same player comments... man I love the jokes on here! You guys are hilarious:)

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2354
votes: 13

clipperboy24 wrote:
david wrote:
I would pull the trigger on the Camby for Miller- it'd be a win win for both teams. Imagine Mike Miller coming off of our bench- that's a nice thought. We've got enough scorers- we need more passers on the team.

i think he would be a great fit...

also in regards to the Mike Miller and Steve Novak are essentially the same player comments... man I love the jokes on here! You guys are hilarious:)

More than anything else, what is Mike Miller? - Three point shooter.

More than anything else, what is Steve Novak? - Three point shooter.

There is a huge difference though, you're right....their contracts. Mike Miller costs about 3 times as much.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

No Mike Miller actually drives into the lane and Novak just hangs out on the wing

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

sz123456 wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
david wrote:
I would pull the trigger on the Camby for Miller- it'd be a win win for both teams. Imagine Mike Miller coming off of our bench- that's a nice thought. We've got enough scorers- we need more passers on the team.

i think he would be a great fit...

also in regards to the Mike Miller and Steve Novak are essentially the same player comments... man I love the jokes on here! You guys are hilarious:)

More than anything else, what is Mike Miller? - Three point shooter.

More than anything else, what is Steve Novak? - Three point shooter.

There is a huge difference though, you're right....their contracts. Mike Miller costs about 3 times as much.

yeah they are the same players, but look. we resign novak for like what 2.5 mil a year for a long term contract. then we get miller, with his EXPIRING contract. we give em kaman and they give us miller and the sixth pick. so now we got camby and miller going off our books at 10 mil each, plus ricky d at 2 mil, and boom theres like 22 mil, plus now griffin gets to start, and with teh sixth pick we pick up tyreke evans. until we could move baron, our starting lineups look liek this

pg:baron

sg: gordon

sf: Evans

Pf: thornton

C: Blake griffin

After we move baron davis,

PG: Evans

SG: Gordon

SF: Thornton

PF: Griffin

C: DeAndre Jordan

and with the cap we got from camby and miller, we cna either resign each of them for 5 mil each as bench players, or we can sign lebron, or we can wait another year and sign durant.

now with zbo, the only thing we can do is take him for ANYTHING!like by anything i mean ANYTHING! like, it can even be a washing machine like in semi-pro.

Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 722
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4

sunnydrew3 wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Miller had a bad start to the season, but got himself straightened out the second half and was back to his old self... Miller is a much better player than Novak will ever be... Miller can put it on the floor, create, pass... He's not a great defender, but is better than Novak... I'm not suggesting he's enough of a player to trade Kaman for, but he would immediately move into our starting lineup at the SF. Can also play some SG to back up Gordon there as well... Perhaps Kaman and our future Minny pick for miller and their # 6 this year... That could bring in Tyreke Evans, or Curry

As long as DeAndre has improved and Tyreke was on the board at #6, I would jump on that deal.

Like I said earlier, I would be hesitant to improve the TWolves too much as the better they get the worse our future first round pick from them gets, but if we get the #6 in return from them that benefits us more right now and they get their pick back for next year.

We would have Baron, Gordon, Miller, Zach and Camby as our opening night starting lineup with players off the bench who get plenty of minutes being Evans, Thornton, DeAndre, Griffin and I would guess Novak. To me, that team is deeper than if we stay as is and just draft Griffin, and that team also has a bright future too.

Still, so much depends on DeAndre. Playing next to Griffin, I dont think we necessarily need an All Star center, although it would be nice, but if Griffin can score the ball effectively and DeAndre rebounds and defends as good as a camby or tyson chandler player, i think we would be okay.

I know it may be "coach speak" but Dunleavy said that Jordan is developing nicely...

I'm all for that deal getting us #6, so we can get that point guard of the future to groom behind Baron...

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

so id do it for mike miller and sixth pick for kaman and minnys future first round pcik( basically we give it back to them)

ReliveThe3PEAT
Clipper 6th Man
 Avatar
Posts: 125
votes: 4

MuteHaitian wrote:
Why would we trade our hardest working Clipper from last year for a player that played horribly last year?

Mike Miller was terrible last year and if he follows suit like Ricky Davis did coming from the T-Wolves, we'll be in for another rude awakening. Besides where would he start? SG or SF? For sure I want Gordon to start, and I still want to give Thornton a chance. Bad trade imo.

clippergm wrote:
mike miller also expires after this year, same time as camby's so it seems this would be about as best value we can get for camby...i'd rather keep camby like everyone else, but our logjam is getting serious, especially when you consider Deandre looks legit and a valuable future asset for us.

Wouldn't everyone much rather see Kaman for either Rip or Tayshaun? (in lieu of camby for miller).. Miller hasn't been a winner, but Rip/Tayshaun are just winners. Rip would be nice on the wing playing Run 'n Gun, or Tayshaun's defense alone can win us games...

When cuttino and sam, both winners, joined the squad, they really brought in a winner's mentality, which I feel a Rip or Tayshaun would bring...

Hey there CTB.. here's a Lakers fan POV:

I agree with both of you clippergm, MuteHaitian. Mike Miller is good, but I definitely feel like Kaman has more value simply because of Miller's off year. Yes he shot 37% from 3, and shot 48% overall this year, but keep in mind that he shot 43% from the 3 last year, and averaged 17 PPG compared to 9 last year! For Kaman and a beast like Camby, Mike Miller, to me, is a ripoff for the Clipps. They GOT shooters! The Clipps can definitely do better than Mike Miller

I can definitely see the Pistons interested for the right price. Rasheed is done, McDyess is aging and probably done in DET too, Kwame is Kwame, and Amir is undersized. Kaman or Camby would be awesome for the Pistons. But then again, if Rip or Tay would leave for any of them, that would leave them with Hermann or Afflalo! Neutral

I would definitely get a young and promising PG for any of them though. Baron is a good player, but hasnt lived up to the hype in LA and is 30 years old. If the Clipps lose Kaman or Camby, they STILL get Blake Griffin in the draft and the Kaman/Camby trade brought them a PG. You guys definitely have an intriguing offseason with so many things to ponder over! I would try to workout a Ben Gordon sign and trade deal with the Bulls. I'd give Kaman, and Novak/Skinner, and MAYBE Ricky Davis for Ben Gordon. (Come on, were talking about BEN GORDON)

Idk about you guys, but A future tandem of the Gordon "brothers" along with Blake Griffin would be sick...

...just my 2 cents

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4880
votes: 37

sz123456 wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
david wrote:
I would pull the trigger on the Camby for Miller- it'd be a win win for both teams. Imagine Mike Miller coming off of our bench- that's a nice thought. We've got enough scorers- we need more passers on the team.

i think he would be a great fit...

also in regards to the Mike Miller and Steve Novak are essentially the same player comments... man I love the jokes on here! You guys are hilarious:)

More than anything else, what is Mike Miller? - Three point shooter.

More than anything else, what is Steve Novak? - Three point shooter.

There is a huge difference though, you're right....their contracts. Mike Miller costs about 3 times as much.

differences you ask? Well they are really hard to see but...

As a starter for 3 games, in 34 Min/game he averaged 6.7 ppg w/ 22% FG and 3 pt%, 3.0 reb, and 1.7 asts.

But you are right they are essentially the same player. I mean Novak was traded for the ability to swap 2nd rd picks and Miller was the integral piece in Memphis getting Mayo for Kevin Love but i guess NBA personnel must think they are the same too.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4880
votes: 37

ReliveThe3PEAT wrote:
MuteHaitian wrote:
Why would we trade our hardest working Clipper from last year for a player that played horribly last year?

Mike Miller was terrible last year and if he follows suit like Ricky Davis did coming from the T-Wolves, we'll be in for another rude awakening. Besides where would he start? SG or SF? For sure I want Gordon to start, and I still want to give Thornton a chance. Bad trade imo.

clippergm wrote:
mike miller also expires after this year, same time as camby's so it seems this would be about as best value we can get for camby...i'd rather keep camby like everyone else, but our logjam is getting serious, especially when you consider Deandre looks legit and a valuable future asset for us.

Wouldn't everyone much rather see Kaman for either Rip or Tayshaun? (in lieu of camby for miller).. Miller hasn't been a winner, but Rip/Tayshaun are just winners. Rip would be nice on the wing playing Run 'n Gun, or Tayshaun's defense alone can win us games...

When cuttino and sam, both winners, joined the squad, they really brought in a winner's mentality, which I feel a Rip or Tayshaun would bring...

Hey there CTB.. here's a Lakers fan POV:

I agree with both of you clippergm, MuteHaitian. Mike Miller is good, but I definitely feel like Kaman has more value simply because of Miller's off year. Yes he shot 37% from 3, and shot 48% overall this year, but keep in mind that he shot 43% from the 3 last year, and averaged 17 PPG compared to 9 last year! For Kaman and a beast like Camby, Mike Miller, to me, is a ripoff for the Clipps. They GOT shooters! The Clipps can definitely do better than Mike Miller

I can definitely see the Pistons interested for the right price. Rasheed is done, McDyess is aging and probably done in DET too, Kwame is Kwame, and Amir is undersized. Kaman or Camby would be awesome for the Pistons. But then again, if Rip or Tay would leave for any of them, that would leave them with Hermann or Afflalo! Neutral

I would definitely get a young and promising PG for any of them though. Baron is a good player, but hasnt lived up to the hype in LA and is 30 years old. If the Clipps lose Kaman or Camby, they STILL get Blake Griffin in the draft and the Kaman/Camby trade brought them a PG. You guys definitely have an intriguing offseason with so many things to ponder over! I would try to workout a Ben Gordon sign and trade deal with the Bulls. I'd give Kaman, and Novak/Skinner, and MAYBE Ricky Davis for Ben Gordon. (Come on, were talking about BEN GORDON)

Idk about you guys, but A future tandem of the Gordon "brothers" along with Blake Griffin would be sick...

...just my 2 cents

welcome and i appreciate your POV. Problem with Gordon is he doesnt have a place on the Clipps. Him and EJ play the same position and neither should be the PG, they both like to shoot too much. Also BG is looking for around $10 mil/year and that is a waste of dough for any team especially the Clipps

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

ReliveThe3PEAT wrote:
MuteHaitian wrote:
Why would we trade our hardest working Clipper from last year for a player that played horribly last year?

Mike Miller was terrible last year and if he follows suit like Ricky Davis did coming from the T-Wolves, we'll be in for another rude awakening. Besides where would he start? SG or SF? For sure I want Gordon to start, and I still want to give Thornton a chance. Bad trade imo.

clippergm wrote:
mike miller also expires after this year, same time as camby's so it seems this would be about as best value we can get for camby...i'd rather keep camby like everyone else, but our logjam is getting serious, especially when you consider Deandre looks legit and a valuable future asset for us.

Wouldn't everyone much rather see Kaman for either Rip or Tayshaun? (in lieu of camby for miller).. Miller hasn't been a winner, but Rip/Tayshaun are just winners. Rip would be nice on the wing playing Run 'n Gun, or Tayshaun's defense alone can win us games...

When cuttino and sam, both winners, joined the squad, they really brought in a winner's mentality, which I feel a Rip or Tayshaun would bring...

Hey there CTB.. here's a Lakers fan POV:

I agree with both of you clippergm, MuteHaitian. Mike Miller is good, but I definitely feel like Kaman has more value simply because of Miller's off year. Yes he shot 37% from 3, and shot 48% overall this year, but keep in mind that he shot 43% from the 3 last year, and averaged 17 PPG compared to 9 last year! For Kaman and a beast like Camby, Mike Miller, to me, is a ripoff for the Clipps. They GOT shooters! The Clipps can definitely do better than Mike Miller

I can definitely see the Pistons interested for the right price. Rasheed is done, McDyess is aging and probably done in DET too, Kwame is Kwame, and Amir is undersized. Kaman or Camby would be awesome for the Pistons. But then again, if Rip or Tay would leave for any of them, that would leave them with Hermann or Afflalo! Neutral

I would definitely get a young and promising PG for any of them though. Baron is a good player, but hasnt lived up to the hype in LA and is 30 years old. If the Clipps lose Kaman or Camby, they STILL get Blake Griffin in the draft and the Kaman/Camby trade brought them a PG. You guys definitely have an intriguing offseason with so many things to ponder over! I would try to workout a Ben Gordon sign and trade deal with the Bulls. I'd give Kaman, and Novak/Skinner, and MAYBE Ricky Davis for Ben Gordon. (Come on, were talking about BEN GORDON)

Idk about you guys, but A future tandem of the Gordon "brothers" along with Blake Griffin would be sick...

...just my 2 cents

that doesnt leave them with herman or affalo, cause they are most probably signing gordon for 11m in the offseason.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Summer League Roster: Who makes the team?

→ Minnesota pick looking even better now

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!