With Zack not being in any of the trade rumors....

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

tdots
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 246
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
calif.gif
votes: 2

BG is coming off the bench to back up Zbo and sometimes Al

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

No this means that Randolph isn't getting any offers. Blake is a power forward, not a small forward. Just cause u could play lebron at Pg, Sg, Pf, doesn't mean u should. His natural position is Sf. Blake's natural position is Pf. Just cause we can play him @ SF, doesn't mean we should.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

i dont think that be a good idea...u need to start blake griffin hands down

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

exactly randolph isnt getting offers which means he's most likely staying, and starting

and i dont agree with u, if ur 6-9 pf can dribble the ball, move around and can play like sf he should, so when zack sits out we can move blake to his pf position and play thornton at the sf

key is to utilize all of your skills, which is why lebron plays pg/sg/pf and all the other kinds of mismatches u have teams start with these days

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2356
votes: 13

Griffin will probably come off the bench for Zach, at least I think he should, that way Zach's stats will be padded and it will be easier to trade him.

journeyman
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 40

Agreed.

dee
Clipper Starter
Posts: 334
votes: 4

blake will come off the bench in the beginning. camby at the 5, zach at the 4. then see how it goes. historically, chances are zach or camby will get hurt, then blake can start or get significant minutes. zach has played the 5 before also. blake doesn't have the outside shot to play the 3 yet.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

Trade Zack? For who? We need a starting PF? Be real we ain't starting BG. I don't get it. Zack is a TWENTY/TEN guy So he pads his stats--he scores 20 pts. At least he has stats to pad. Find a PF that's a 20/10'er who we can get---. None. You're going to prefer a rookie to start over Zack's numbers? Few allstars have these stats. Maybe this is why there have been no rumors.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31


Repped High Quality Post

a few things. first of all, they dont want to trade zach for starting pf. they want to trade him because we have griffin who should be our starting pf. second, if randolph is so good, why is it that NO teams are willing to take him? because im sure the clippers are trying to get rid of him. but there are a number of teams who have already stated they will not even think about touching randolph. 20/10, yes, but that doesnt show his flaws. terrible defender, terrible attitude, and always been a loser. and if u want to make room for griffin, hes the first guy you want out, as he takes away minutes from griffin and would be a bad influence on him.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Trade Zack? For who? We need a starting PF? Be real we ain't starting BG. I don't get it. Zack is a TWENTY/TEN guy So he pads his stats--he scores 20 pts. At least he has stats to pad. Find a PF that's a 20/10'er who we can get---. None. You're going to prefer a rookie to start over Zack's numbers? Few allstars have these stats. Maybe this is why there have been no rumors.

a few things. first of all, they dont want to trade zach for starting pf. they want to trade him because we have griffin who should be our starting pf. second, if randolph is so good, why is it that NO teams are willing to take him? because im sure the clippers are trying to get rid of him. but there are a number of teams who have already stated they will not even think about touching randolph. 20/10, yes, but that doesnt show his flaws. terrible defender, terrible attitude, and always been a loser. and if u want to make room for griffin, hes the first guy you want out, as he takes away minutes from griffin and would be a bad influence on him.

i see no indication what so ever that dunleavy ever wanted to trade zack......zack single handedly made sure dunleavy wouldn't be the worst coach in nba history , at the rate we were going not winning games in durations of months let alone weeks was a recipe for disaster especially when u had the 0-13 start of a tim thomas and a useless mobley on the team...

you have to be insane to think griffin can come in and do what zack can do on the offense of end which we lacked so much last year....now putting them together on the floor at the same time!! now thats interesting

JamFan
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2375
votes: 22

Zach's contract is to heavy and goes past 2010, so that is why he is hard to move. He can get 22 and 10, shooting away from the basket a lot. There are very few PF's around that can do that. We just need to give hime some happy pills and a baby sitter to help him manage his life. I think Blake will work out at SF and PF. Where and when he plays will be dictated by matchups and the teams we are playing. He is versatile enough to give us what we need, when we need it.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

Thank you... People look at Zach and see 20/10 and think the NBA is a rotissary league. It isn't. As I've stated many times before Zach has been traded twice for nothing more than cap relief. And he's not an old player. He's a young one. The reason for that is, his negatives (no defense, suspensions, bad attitude, losing reputation, not a team player, low points per shot, absurd salary) outweigh his positives. After having him around, teams realize that he's not going to get you to the next level. He's simply a good stat man on a crap team, the way Ricky Davis was, the way Wally Szerbiak was, Jamal Crawford, etc.

I'm sure Dunleavy is kicking himself for bringing Zach to this team now. He's an albatross. 16-million a year to play a position that will in very short order go to Blake Griffin. He would be Dunleavy's first choice for the guy to move, because Camby can back up both the 4 and 5, but the fact is, the NBA is wise to Zach. Nobody wants him. Picking up Zach was Dunleavy's biggest mistake... You can talk about 22/10 all you want... I prefer to think about 19/63. Zach has never led a team anywhere and when his teams have decided to rebuild, he was the first guy they got rid of (for nothing but cap relief) despite the fact that he was young enough to build around if he were all that valuable.

Re: Blake Griffin at the 3... Ain't happening except on rare occasions. He's a 4... Why would you want to turn him into a mediocre at best 3? It makes no sense. He doesn't have great range. His quickness and athleticism is a huge asset because there aren't many 4s in the league who can match it... There are a lot of quick 3s in the league who could. Why would you want Black chasing shooters over picks 25 feet from the basket? If you want to argue that he'll just take 3s down into the post, well post players can easily be stopped unless you have guys who can shoot with range to keep the defense from packing it in... Look how completely LA stopped Howard in the finals.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

If we didnt get Zach we wouldnt of gotten the 1st pick

SeanB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 174
votes: 2

you dont take bg number one then sit him behind a fat ballhog . the clips won 19 games last year, why not try something else?

illastrate
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1646

us.gif
votes: 13

Who gets a #1 pick of this caliber and benches him? Rose, DHoward, LeBron, Yao, Kenyon, Brand, Duncan, Iverson all become instant starters. Oden would've been a starter were it not for his season ending injury during his Rookie year. I don't care if Zach's a 20/10 guy, there's no reason to stunt Griffin's development by benching him. Why treat him like he's a late first-rounder? Nearly every NBA team would start Blake. If it was KG or Duncan, I could understand him playing behind them. Otherwise, it's silly to NOT start him.

Derty_Bert
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1120

calif.gif
votes: 3

This is a similar ordeal the Heat went through last year with Marion and Beasley, they both played the same position and got playing time but Beasley seemed to be more comfortable with his game once Marion was traded. I wouldn't make any moves until teams got desperate for a big they wouldn't otherwise take like Kaman or Zach.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

That's an absurd argument only workable in retrospect. If Zach indeed helped us win four or five games we would otherwise have lost, then he hurt our chances of getting Griffin... Now, if you're suggesting that we might have won 25 games had we not traded for Zach, then you could say he truly helped us land Griffin by costing us six games.

Anybody would rather have a 25% chance of getting the top pick than a 17% chance.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

clippersfan85
Clipper Starter
Posts: 859

calif.gif
votes: 2

I would hope that Griffin will start and that Randolph will be our bench scorer until we can trade him. This will balance our starting scoring and also help the bench which is in need of scorers(unless Mike Taylor has MSG performances all season).

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

ok, zach is not a 3. i'll admit, he has a nice midrange game, but i don't like the idea of him shooting 3s. it just seems absurd to have a guy who should be under the basket battling for rebounds firing up 30 footers when we've got other guys who can shoot.

and you didnt really respond to MY questions either. who will play the 3 then? zach or griffin? either way, one of them will not be playing their natural position. even if u have zach shooting jumpers(which i will again say i dont like) and u have griffin underneath, what happens on defense? who plays out of position and guards the other teams' small forwards? maybe this works well on video games, but in reality, randolph and griffin can't really coexist on the floor considering their styles.

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

I know you really like Zbo Clipnation23, but seriously, Zbo must go. We got BG. Why in the world would we want Zbo and BG on the team at the same time. BG needs and should get playing time. He won't get enough with Zbo here. If BG starts then we would be paying Zbo 21 mil to come off the bench. Its not good managment to have these two players, here together. Zbo has to go because BG isnt going anywhere, hopefully for years to come. Zbo's contract is making him extremely difficult to move. We may not be able to. Dun still has to try to get him on the next plane outta here. There just too many reasons to get rid of him and not enough to keep him.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

ok, zach is not a 3. i'll admit, he has a nice midrange game, but i don't like the idea of him shooting 3s. it just seems absurd to have a guy who should be under the basket battling for rebounds firing up 30 footers when we've got other guys who can shoot.

and you didnt really respond to MY questions either. who will play the 3 then? zach or griffin? either way, one of them will not be playing their natural position. even if u have zach shooting jumpers(which i will again say i dont like) and u have griffin underneath, what happens on defense? who plays out of position and guards the other teams' small forwards? maybe this works well on video games, but in reality, randolph and griffin can't really coexist on the floor considering their styles.

thaaats just the thing zach is already out of his position with his style of play THE LOW BLOCK IS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO CLAIM IT CAUSE ZACH THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AINT GOING THERE

griffin is listed as 6-8 and is an altheic beast who plays better than whats on video games....

his 6-8 status can gaurd and other 6-7 sf in the league hands down.....and frankly demolish who ever is matched up with him cause he's basically faster and stronger than any 3

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

no dun is not trying to get rid of him it was rumors made up by writers THE DAY we got the 1st pick ...

zack randolph is not being traded nor was in any trading rumor ... PERIOD

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

IMHO it doesnt make any sense to keep him and BG together. Neither is a center and should not see extended minutes together.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

ok, zach is not a 3. i'll admit, he has a nice midrange game, but i don't like the idea of him shooting 3s. it just seems absurd to have a guy who should be under the basket battling for rebounds firing up 30 footers when we've got other guys who can shoot.

and you didnt really respond to MY questions either. who will play the 3 then? zach or griffin? either way, one of them will not be playing their natural position. even if u have zach shooting jumpers(which i will again say i dont like) and u have griffin underneath, what happens on defense? who plays out of position and guards the other teams' small forwards? maybe this works well on video games, but in reality, randolph and griffin can't really coexist on the floor considering their styles.

thaaats just the thing zach is already out of his position with his style of play THE LOW BLOCK IS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO CLAIM IT CAUSE ZACH THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AINT GOING THERE

griffin is listed as 6-8 and is an altheic beat who plays better than whats on video games....

his 6-8 status can gaurd and other 6-7 sf in the league hands down.....and frankly demolish who ever is matched up with him cause he's basically faster and stronger than any 3

i'm just going to counter that by saying thats not true. i will repeat, neither of these players is a small forward. they both play better under the basket than around the perimeter both on offense and on defense. it will hurt the team to consider playing either of them at small forward or the high block or whatever you want to call it. believe me, i hate when zach steps away for his jumpshots, especially 3s, but he still is not out there 70% of the time. he gets plenty of buckets under the hoop and on putbacks.

also, griffin is 6-10 i believe. and yes he is quick and athletic but he will not "demolish" any small forward he faces. he is stronger, but definitely not faste than any 3. and even if he were, he is STILL better as a post player, as is zach.

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

the lakers play two 7 footers at the same time...neither is a power foward but yet they play together

the whole traditional 1960's basketball left a long time ago buddy

especially when your power foward avg's more points outside the paint

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

ok, zach is not a 3. i'll admit, he has a nice midrange game, but i don't like the idea of him shooting 3s. it just seems absurd to have a guy who should be under the basket battling for rebounds firing up 30 footers when we've got other guys who can shoot.

and you didnt really respond to MY questions either. who will play the 3 then? zach or griffin? either way, one of them will not be playing their natural position. even if u have zach shooting jumpers(which i will again say i dont like) and u have griffin underneath, what happens on defense? who plays out of position and guards the other teams' small forwards? maybe this works well on video games, but in reality, randolph and griffin can't really coexist on the floor considering their styles.

thaaats just the thing zach is already out of his position with his style of play THE LOW BLOCK IS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO CLAIM IT CAUSE ZACH THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AINT GOING THERE

griffin is listed as 6-8 and is an altheic beat who plays better than whats on video games....

his 6-8 status can gaurd and other 6-7 sf in the league hands down.....and frankly demolish who ever is matched up with him cause he's basically faster and stronger than any 3

i'm just going to counter that by saying thats not true. i will repeat, neither of these players is a small forward. they both play better under the basket than around the perimeter both on offense and on defense. it will hurt the team to consider playing either of them at small forward or the high block or whatever you want to call it. believe me, i hate when zach steps away for his jumpshots, especially 3s, but he still is not out there 70% of the time. he gets plenty of buckets under the hoop and on putbacks.

also, griffin is 6-10 i believe. and yes he is quick and athletic but he will not "demolish" any small forward he faces. he is stronger, but definitely not faste than any 3. and even if he were, he is STILL better as a post player, as is zach.

griffin is 6-8 with a 7 foot wingspan

you said both players play underneath the basket......i think out of the 1,000 shots zach took last year about 100 was with his back to the basket ...i mean have ever seen zach randolph game ?? lol playing underneath the rim..when????

the reason he steps out for 3's some times is cause he's always in the area cause a couple feet in is his GAME~!!!!

RAWWWWRRRRRRR........lol its like were going over the same thing over and over.....

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

since clippernation23 stands so firmly with his beliefs, i dont think theres much more we can do until we actually see this play out.

however, i'm going to guarantee right now that by january, if randolph is not traded, there will be problems already. there will be complaints about playing time, chemistry problems with too many bigs, and the team will struggle. it would not surprise me if the team tried to ship out randolph before the deadline or if they pulled a marbury/curry on him and didnt play him

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

basically, any more problems this team will have will be with z-boat, even before dunleavy or baron or anyone else

ClipperNation23
Posts: 85
votes: 0

lol oh my goodness ...ur making him the devil for what happened what 5 years ago in portland

ur so off here its funny

pull a curry marubury on him!!!!!!!!!! crazy!!

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

well, thats just how i see it. sorry. nothing left to do but see how the season plays out.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

For the record, Griffin measured out at 6'8 1/2" at the combine... 6'10" in shoes... That makes him an average size PF... And I would bet a good inch or two taller than Zach.

puddnhead83
Clipper Starter
Posts: 708
Location: San Francisco
votes: 3

If Zach Randolph could except a smaller limited role the way Lamar Odom did for the Lakers, then he will be a great fit for the clippers.

rick0314
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1571

mx.gif
votes: 5

lol! zach would not do that, he always demands the ball

rikdaddy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 289
votes: 10

Dun will try to insist that he can play Griffin, Randolph, Camby, and Kaman all at the same time to create "match up nightmares for the other teams." Man, I hate that guy

Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 722
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4

ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
Does that mean the clippers are planning to move Griffin to the 3 spot!! ??

Only kaman and Camby are in the trade rumors, and its clear after turning it down and countered with Camby(which i hope happens) its gonna be one of them and not zack,

so with zack staying he has to be in the starting line up no questions ask, i dont see Mike sitting one of the bigs and starting small, especially in the west.

so does that mean thornton off the bench for Griffin!??

or should i dare say Griffin off the bench... which is a stupid move...

bottom line zach not going anywhere .......blake griffin is 6-9 and can handle the ball....if dumbass is stupid ..he'll bench blake...if he was smart you play him along side zack...

griffin is not a 3. yes, he is athletic and can handle the ball, but putting him at the small forward position will only make him less effective.

one of griffin's weaknesses is his shot. he does not have nearly a good enough shot to play the perimeter. he is a much more effective player in the post, and will not be able to play the post if weve already got randolph and kaman/camby down low. if he develops an outside shot, then maybe later on he can move to the 3...

second, defensively, he plays better down low as well. he is an athletic shot blocker near the rim, and is very physical down low. also, he is a great rebounder. having him guard smaller and quicker players on the perimeter would be a difficult task for him, and at the same time it would pull him away from the basket, where he plays his best basketball.

roll where does zach play? where does zach stand and shoot from? is zach facing the basket or does he have his back to it??

power forwards arent suppose to be there......so if zach 70% of the time stands outside.....who would be on that low block ??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously? wait are you suggesting randolph play the 3??

hm.

and i'm not even going to bother to find the video of z-boat's 3 attempt in that loss to cleveland which bill simmons accurately referred to as him "taking a dump on the 3 point line".

you didnt answer the question and no zach shouldnt be considered a 3 but where DOES HE PLAY???

the man is above the free throw line 70% of the time.....so who would be on the low block?????? hmmmm

you dont think zach can hit those 3's on a consistent basis? he's pratically flawless a couple steps in...i mean thats his game but if he starting shooting 3's on a consistent basis he'd make em

ok, zach is not a 3. i'll admit, he has a nice midrange game, but i don't like the idea of him shooting 3s. it just seems absurd to have a guy who should be under the basket battling for rebounds firing up 30 footers when we've got other guys who can shoot.

and you didnt really respond to MY questions either. who will play the 3 then? zach or griffin? either way, one of them will not be playing their natural position. even if u have zach shooting jumpers(which i will again say i dont like) and u have griffin underneath, what happens on defense? who plays out of position and guards the other teams' small forwards? maybe this works well on video games, but in reality, randolph and griffin can't really coexist on the floor considering their styles.

thaaats just the thing zach is already out of his position with his style of play THE LOW BLOCK IS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO CLAIM IT CAUSE ZACH THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AINT GOING THERE

griffin is listed as 6-8 and is an altheic beast who plays better than whats on video games....

his 6-8 status can gaurd and other 6-7 sf in the league hands down.....and frankly demolish who ever is matched up with him cause he's basically faster and stronger than any 3

Griffin is listed at 6'10". Players are typically listed according to their height in shoes.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

I can't imagine we took the best player in college basketball with the intension of playing him out of postition and turning him into a mediocre 3 where he has to chase SFs over picks twenty-five feet from the basket... Griffin is our PF of the future...

Whatever bad you can say about Dunleavy, insists on structured offenses, doesn't connect with his players... Well the guy isn't an idiot... And his coaching style works when he's got talent to work with... Dunleavy coaches the way most do, run when it's available and be a solid inside-out half court team on the offensive end and play defense... The Pistons won championships that way back in the 80's... The Lakers won with that last year. The Celtics the year before. The Spurs have won four with that philosophy...

Dunleavy's problem is a lack of talent on the floor the last two years and a lack of maturity from the talent he does have now. Nobody was bitching about his philosophy three years ago when we came within a basket of the conference finals.

The difference between then and now... Maturity and leadership... We had Brand and Cassell, two selfless players who only wanted to win... Now we have Baron and Zach in those two spots, neither of whom is in it for team goals, neither of whom plays defense...

Kaman = Kaman

Thornton = Maggette

Gordon = Mobley

Camby > Rebraca

Baron <<< Cassell

Zach <<<<<< Brand

And this team doesn't have answers for Livingston and Radmonovich...

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

^^^^^^ Agree. Why would we want Blake Griffin to play outside of PF when he is clearly designed for that position and looks to dominate at PF and start contributing immediately.

dwb
Clipper Starter
Posts: 705
Location: Tallahassee
votes: 28

I think that illastrate has the right of it on one broad level; who takes a guy as clearly the number one pick, and Griffin was the surest thing at that slot since... LeBron maybe(?) and then sits him? It just doesn't happen. Damn, leave it to us to find ourselves in a situation when even getting the freaking number ONE pick in the draft has our OWN fans in disagreement as to how best to use him! Gotta be the Clippers right? For me it's like this: he's not a three. I don't want to see Blake trying to chase LeBron, Jefferson, Pierce and the like as they run off screen after screen, and piling up his own fouls in doing so, when he could be feasting on slower fours and doing the same things to them. Did we not draft the man as one of the keys to our future? The future is now. Sure Zach has positives to his game, he'd better we're paying him a hella lot of money. But he also comes with max baggage, in the form of questionable defense and commitment in terms of attitude and hustle. The only questions about Griffin relate to his on-court doings, and all of the indications seem pretty positive... as evidenced by his consensus number one status. You want to maintain the Clippers rep as "worst/dumbest franchise"? Draft the number one guy and have him come of the bench.

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

hahahaha Gordon=Mobley...hahaha sorry still laughing that you think Mobley is as good as Gordon. Griffin brings a winning attitude, work ethic, and leadership. If big mac zac wants to be our 6th man fine, but BG is the future and Zac will be gone in 2 years. Just like DJ should be playing cuz Kaman will always TO the ball 800 times a game and Camby will be gone in a year. When will we learn from the Jailblazers and get rid of the old players and build a quality team from the ground up? We have as much young talent as anyone out there!

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

I agree with everything else you've said but this... Mobley was good... I think Gordon will be better and, as a result, space had to be made for him because he is the future, but there wasn't anything Gordon could do that Mobley couldn't have, at least for last season. They were close enough for me to give an = sign.

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

Really? Idk man I really feel like Gordon already makes better decisions with the ball and for sure shoots much batter than Mobley ever did. I remember mobley having better hands on D for sure but he doesn't have near the lateral movement as Gordon and we need perimeter defending more than anything. Gordon is also much more athletic and 100x better off the dribble. If they were equal last year Gordon will outshine every Mobley year in his career next year. Regardless, I agree with you Sam space needed to be made as Gordon will be better, last year doesn't really matter anymore anyway.

jimbohastle51
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 5
votes: 0

i dont think keeping zach is a bad thing, i mean seriously he is a 20 10 guy. its obvious to everyone in the league that our best trade chip to use and get something in return of value (a small forward) is camby with his every season defensive MVP type numbers and his expiring contract for the summer of 2010. or even if we got a first round pick for him we would have enough cap room to make a push for marion or artest, turkolu at worst grant hill.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← What will Clipps do on July 1st?

→ Should we go after Allen Iverson?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!