Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Bill Simmons vs. Mike Dunleavy Log in to check your private messages → Camby on Griffin
Author   
NUMB3RFIFTY
Post Subject: I think we're pursuing Rubio - Threatens return to Europe Post ID: 56366by NUMB3RFIFTY » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:33 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Age: 28
Posts: 1618

am.gif

Reputation: 219.1 Rep Post +1
votes: 36

I think we're still going to make a trade and try to move a big for Ricky Rubio.

It may involve a third team but i'm confident we're going to make an aggressive play for him in the near future.

Although Minnesota originally said they would like to play Rubio and Flynn together in the backcourt, this rumor recently surfaced:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... in_europe/

Rubio Likely To Stay In Europe?

Rubio is obviously standing firmly to his promises that he doesn't want to play in a small market and is willing to go back to Europe.

This leaves a big window open for trades to materialize, especially because Minnesota needs able-bodied bigs to play alongside Love and Jefferson.

What do you guys think?



                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post Subject: RE: I think we're pursuing Rubio - Threatens return to Europ Post ID: 56367by clipper*joe » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:35 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Sign me up!

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post Subject: RE: I think we're pursuing Rubio - Threatens return to Europ Post ID: 56368by clipperstown » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:36 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

i love it!!!!!!!!!

                
      Back to top
clippersfan85
Post ID: 56372by clippersfan85 » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:42 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 856

calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Hopefully we can get Rubio for Kaman and a future first as a sweetener. We can definitely offer more than the Knicks can to the T-wolves. (unless they did a sign and trade with David Lee)

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56375by clipper*joe » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:48 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

^ I heard that Portland is looking to land Lee.

By the way, I suggested that same trade on the DRAFT thread. Very Happy

They can keep our first round pick that they owe us and take Kaman. That is a trade that should make both parties happy.

                
      Back to top
clipsfansincebirth
Post ID: 56378by clipsfansincebirth » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:55 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 678
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56380by clipperstown » Jun 25, 2009 - 11:56 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

yeah id much rather have tyreke evans or curry, but rubio is good i like him too.

                
      Back to top
clipsfansincebirth
Post ID: 56382by clipsfansincebirth » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:00 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 678
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

BTW I love how Minnesotta took Rubio, then took another point guard who got a bigger standing ovation than Rubio..........Then to watch Rubio's face was priceless hes face totally said "OMG Competition, Let Me Run Back to Europe"

                
      Back to top
puddnhead83
Post ID: 56384by puddnhead83 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:03 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 514
Location: San Francisco
Rep Post +1
votes: 3

I don't see the Knicks letting David Lee go, but I guess it depends on what amount of money he is asking for, I don't see the Timberwolves trying to get Kaman because they have Al Jefferson who plays in the paint. David Lee would be better fit for the Timberwolves because of his nice jump shot. How about Rubio for Camby and the first round pick the Timberwolves owe the Clippers.

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 56385by journeyman » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:07 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40


Repped High Quality Post

I'd squeeze Ryan Gomes or Brewer out of that deal as well. Remember that Rubio could just stay in Spain, so the pressure is on the T-Wolves to make something happen.

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 56387by SamMays » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:09 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3929
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

Rubio is great in an open floor game, which the Clippers don't play and probably won't under Dunleavy. If they do intend to move to a running game, what do we do with slow Zach Randolph? Also, would we bring in Rubio to play behind Baron, who after last season's dismal performance, would also be very hard to move? Given our two huge contracts to Zach and Baron, I just don't see it happening.

If it were to happen and we could get players for Zach and Baron, I would be all for it. Or perhaps moving just Baron would be enough... But who would want him? Golden State, his last favorite stop, just picked up Curry... I don't know that we could put him anywhere... Especially seeing that the only teams buying right now are contenders and most of them already have their PG...

I think all that's going to happen is we'll move Camby for a backup combo guard and go into next season with that.

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56388by clipperstown » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:10 AM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

well jefferson plays at PF. kaman is a center. jefferson is 6-10, and cant play center.

                
      Back to top
ClipperNation23
Post ID: 56389by ClipperNation23 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:10 AM PST
Posts: 85
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

hell nah

                
      Back to top
NUMB3RFIFTY
Post ID: 56392by NUMB3RFIFTY » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:16 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar

Age: 28
Posts: 1618

am.gif

Reputation: 219.1 Rep Post +1
votes: 36

I want Baron out faster than a fat kid in a dodge-ball game...

But i think Rubio needs at leas a year (possibly 2) backing somebody up.

                
      Back to top
SamMays
Post ID: 56393by SamMays » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:18 AM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3929
Rep Post +1
votes: 50

The Timberwolves are a mess. They just drafted two PG's to go with their two best players who are both PF... They have no shooting guards of any merit and Ryan Gomes is their starting SF... Behind them, there is no depth... If that's not the worst team in the league, I don't know who it could be.

Our 2011 guaranteed pick is looking better and better.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56394by clipper*joe » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:21 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56396by clipperstown » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:25 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 20
Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8 Rep Post +1
votes: 24

clipper*joe wrote:
clipsfansincebirth wrote:
Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

yeah, but if he comes to LA, he will get some money from endorsments and stuff. so he will want to play for free, if it means playing in LA

                
      Back to top
puddnhead83
Post ID: 56397by puddnhead83 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:25 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 514
Location: San Francisco
Rep Post +1
votes: 3

clipperstown wrote:
puddnhead83 wrote:
I don't see the Knicks letting David Lee go, but I guess it depends on what amount of money he is asking for, I don't see the Timberwolves trying to get Kaman because they have Al Jefferson who plays in the paint. David Lee would be better fit for the Timberwolves because of his nice jump shot. How about Rubio for Camby and the first round pick the Timberwolves owe the Clippers.

well jefferson plays at PF. kaman is a center. jefferson is 6-10, and cant play center.

I know they play different positions but they both have similar offense games The Timberwolves need a center who plays tough defense an enforcer. They need the type of center the spurs get to play next to Duncan.

                
      Back to top
rikdaddy
Post ID: 56398by rikdaddy » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:25 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 289
Rep Post +1
votes: 10

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers the slant-eye ad with the Spanish Olympic team.

                
      Back to top
Javi9987
Post ID: 56399by Javi9987 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:26 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 33
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

rubio is a good player but, he's also a premadonna.... c'mon if you were paid 3-5 mil+ a year to play basketball would you complain? geez. now look at Blake, this guy isnt phased by the fact that he's coming in to a team thats run by stalin (aka dumbleavy). he's excited about trying to help make us better. why is he wanting to run back to spain? does he already miss paella? Confused

                
      Back to top
GRIFFIN32
Post ID: 56401by GRIFFIN32 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:30 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 364
Location: La Mirada CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

I dont get these kids, just play ball and go where ever you want when ur a free agent.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56404by clipper*joe » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:35 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipsfansincebirth wrote:
Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

yeah, but if he comes to LA, he will get some money from endorsments and stuff. so he will want to play for free, if it means playing in LA

Yup, that was my point. wink

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 56406by journeyman » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:35 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

It seems people either cannot understand the financial situation or refuse to.

Kaman for Rubio and filler would be interesting...

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56407by clipperstown » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:37 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 20
Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8 Rep Post +1
votes: 24

clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipsfansincebirth wrote:
Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

yeah, but if he comes to LA, he will get some money from endorsments and stuff. so he will want to play for free, if it means playing in LA

Yup, that was my point. wink

plus they said that the buyout is 3 mil now, they worked it out... so in his rookie year, rubio will make 97 grand!!!!! dont tell me you cant live off that for that one season. i m sure a family of four people can live off 50 grand a year, and this guy doesnt even have a family yet....

                
      Back to top
blasana
Post ID: 56409by blasana » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:39 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 472
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

Rubio is overrated. Baron is going to have a good year be in shape and play well. We don't need Rubio at all.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56410by clipper*joe » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:41 AM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Welcome!

I think he would actually make somewhere between 3 to 4 million a season for his rookie contract, similar to Gordon's contract. Now if you had to pay your previous team 6 million dollars to play here, where do you think that money will come from? he would basically play for free in a small market were he would never make money in endorsements. He is not a primadonna, he is looking to go to a place where he can make extra money to pay his debt. His situation is very different than a college player.

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 56411by journeyman » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:43 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

Rubio wouldn't have to replace Baron, just back him up until he's ready to blow up. In the mean time, we play Baron during the prime of his career (such that it is).

                
      Back to top
GRIFFIN32
Post ID: 56412by GRIFFIN32 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:43 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 364
Location: La Mirada CA
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

what we need is toughness a vet to come off the bench who isnt afraid to get dirty RAJA BELL - MATT HARPRING - BOWEN one of these guys would be great and they all have playoff experience

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56413by clipper*joe » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:43 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipsfansincebirth wrote:
Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

yeah, but if he comes to LA, he will get some money from endorsments and stuff. so he will want to play for free, if it means playing in LA

Yup, that was my point. wink

plus they said that the buyout is 3 mil now, they worked it out... so in his rookie year, rubio will make 97 grand!!!!! dont tell me you cant live off that for that one season. i m sure a family of four people can live off 50 grand a year, and this guy doesnt even have a family yet....

3 million? I guess I haven't caught up yet. lol

Well, that's still a full year without play. That's still a hard hit.

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56416by clipperstown » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:46 AM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 20
Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8Reputation: 1042.8 Rep Post +1
votes: 24

clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipsfansincebirth wrote:
Rubio is not even goood let alone he is a cocky prick who thinks he can pick and choose what team he plays for.

The dude even looked like **** playing 1 on 1 against a chair up in Sacramento........and then the buyout from his team on top of that is dumb......we are in a bad economy and then you need to help him pay 1 mill of it just to get him to the table to start contract talks

Id rather just walk down to the LA Sparks Locker room and say hey who wants to play for the Clippers because you are all better than Ricky Rubio......And his racist add with the spanish team shows he has terrible judgement

It's $500,000.00 that a team can help pay into the buyout. And he would have to pay something like 6 million total...out of his own pocket.

What you fail to understand is that his buyout would likely take most of his rookie contract from him which would make him virtually play for free.

If he is willing to sacrifice for that, shouldn't he take the bull by the horns and dictate where he wants to play? I am almost positive that he wanted to come here to make more money in endorsements via both spanish & english outlets. I makes sense that he would want to recoup his losses in a market that he would thrive in.

JMHO

yeah, but if he comes to LA, he will get some money from endorsments and stuff. so he will want to play for free, if it means playing in LA

Yup, that was my point. wink

plus they said that the buyout is 3 mil now, they worked it out... so in his rookie year, rubio will make 97 grand!!!!! dont tell me you cant live off that for that one season. i m sure a family of four people can live off 50 grand a year, and this guy doesnt even have a family yet....

3 million? I guess I haven't caught up yet. lol

Well, that's still a full year without play. That's still a hard hit.

wait, i forget, what makes us think that the clipps even are trying to offer something for rubio? sometimes we get caught up in our own rumors that we think the rumors might be real lol

                
      Back to top
Javi9987
Post ID: 56417by Javi9987 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:47 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 33
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

[quote="clipper*joe"][quote="Javi9987"]rubio is a good player but, hethanks!

i agree.... i guess he'll have to decide soon or the price to play here will go up to 8mil after june 30th.... or he'll be eating some top ramen and drinking tap water.

                
      Back to top
MrB
Post ID: 56418by MrB » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:51 AM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 2433

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 18

I know Rubio is a talented player and all that stuff. IMHO this whole thing about refusing to go to a team that drafts you (see Eli Manning) ruins the integrity of the draft. What is the point of drafting people if they just refuse to join the team. I dont get it and it irritates me to think that Rubio and Manning can dictate what ever outcome they want. I know i'm probably in the minority here because most would think this would be great. I just dont see it.

                
      Back to top
ElNinoJesus
Post ID: 56419by ElNinoJesus » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:54 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 3
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

Hey hey top ramen is delicious lol, I now MD is going to make some moves...whether good or bad...we will just see.. after last preseason I'm not going to get overexcited but I will still have faith in our team.

                
      Back to top
blasana
Post ID: 56420by blasana » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:55 AM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 472
Rep Post +1
votes: 2

Completely agree with you 100%. It sound like Milwaukee might buy out bowen's contract that would be a great pick up. They need an experience player who isn't afraid to do the dirty work.

                
      Back to top
Javi9987
Post ID: 56423by Javi9987 » Jun 26, 2009 - 12:57 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 33
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

im a cup o noodles man myself

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 56425by journeyman » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:00 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

Welcome back. What happened to the old screen name?

                
      Back to top
journeyman
Post ID: 56427by journeyman » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:05 AM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
Rep Post +1
votes: 40

I hear you, and I agree: primadonna BS should not be rewarded. If a team has faith in you enough to use a draft pick, then prove yourself worthy or GTFO (I'm thinking Stevie Franchise).

But Rubio is in a position where he's going to pay money out of his pocket in order to play. I think that if he wanted to enter the draft, he should have been ready to possibly lose some money or not declare at all.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 56429by clipper*joe » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:11 AM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

welcome back baby jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

                
      Back to top
MrB
Post ID: 56430by MrB » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:13 AM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 18

^^^^ Exactly JM. He should have really prepared himself for landing in OKC, Mem, and Minny. All the while knowing that those possibilities could happen.

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 56431by clipperstown » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:24 AM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

Welcome back ElNinoJesus

                
      Back to top
teamfiend
Post ID: 56432by teamfiend » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:33 AM PST
Clipper Starter
 Avatar

Posts: 391
Location: los angeles
Reputation: 48.2Reputation: 48.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 7

agreed... whenever a player in any sport enters himself in the draft and then refuses to sign with the team that drafts them i think its a bit of a red flag and i too get turned off by whomever it is. not necessarily talent wise, but attitude and charachter wise. a guy in his teens or early twentys, getting offered millions to play a professional sport, after getting drafted from a draft that he elected to enter knowing fullwell its a crapshoot where you land, should not behave this way...i think it has todo with the way youre raised. i think i remember mannings dad supporting and getting involved in his sons draft, and now here is rubios dad, but who knows. anyways, youre not alone MrB

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 56436by david » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:46 AM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8029
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

Although I hope that it is true we're going after Rubio, has anyone seen any substantial rumor on the possibility? So far I've only heard that New York is going after him. I wouldn't mind Journey's idea of getting Rubio + Gomes or Brewer from them for that future 1st owed to us + Camby.

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 56437by ekker3 » Jun 26, 2009 - 01:50 AM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7200
Rep Post +1
votes: 77

ricky must be ours. we absolutely, positively need to get this kid.

(the only teams that would want camby are those that have a legitimate chance at winning now.)

                
      Back to top
dee
Post ID: 56449by dee » Jun 26, 2009 - 02:38 AM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 334
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

rubio is the real deal. he fell because OKC, memphis, sacto knew he might go back to europe. we can trade kaman to minny or do a package. please, please...no injuries to blake griffin. i had enough already with livingston.

                
      Back to top
EClips
Post ID: 56450by EClips » Jun 26, 2009 - 02:38 AM PST
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 25
Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7Reputation: 10.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 1

I'm with ekker here, we NEED Rubio on this Clippers team. We can pretend and believe that Baron Davis will finally get his "act" together, but we can't ignore that we've ALREADY seen Baron play....he does not fit Dunleavy's system...period...debate....over. Baron is a top 5 point guard, no doubt about it, i was really excited when we signed him, but he thrives in a run and gun system....something the Clippers WILL not do this year, i don't care how much lip service Dunleavy spreads. My gut tells me we'll move Kaman before camp...even though i would prefer that it be Randolph, and that's about it in terms of movement before the trade deadline. It sickens me to hear all the Rubio doubters, the kid WILL be special...anyone who has doubts about his game should really revisit the olympic games. Rubio, EJ, Thornton, Griffin, Kaman, that's a KILLER future for the Clippers...something this franchise, and us die hard fans have never had. So, i'm with Ekker, please bring us Rubio!!

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 56460by ekker3 » Jun 26, 2009 - 02:56 AM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7200
Rep Post +1
votes: 77

more quotes from ricky (via madrid-based Marca):

"i talked to [minnesota]. they've told me that they would wait a year and we'll see if i come back next year or not (from Joventut). " "... the NBA is very attractive but if you dont want to play for a certain team, well, you can wait. ...right now ill leave it up to my agent to help sort things out." "...in the end, Minnesota isnt that bad of an idea." "Its surprising that in addition to me they picked another PG, but we'll see what they want and what happens."

                
      Back to top
ClipperNation23
Post ID: 56465by ClipperNation23 » Jun 26, 2009 - 03:47 AM PST
Posts: 85
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

anyone that keeps saying we need ricky losero over baron davis please just delete your account........

and when baron goes off this year and plays like an all star LIKE EVERY YEAR IN HIS CAREER UNTIL HE MET DUNLEAVY.......dont come back saying "oh i love baron davis"

WE ALL KNOW WHO U ARE...

ricky rubio over baron davis..are u guys nuts??..... u guys are a bunch of draft fanatics pretending to know what your talking about........

PLEASE DONT TALK TRASH ABOUT MYYYYYY POINT GAURD!

ricky rubio over BD = losersssssssss

                
      Back to top
MuteHaitian
Post ID: 56466by MuteHaitian » Jun 26, 2009 - 03:58 AM PST
Clipper Starter
 Avatar

Posts: 580
Location: UCLA
Reputation: 76.2Reputation: 76.2Reputation: 76.2 Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Hey please don't dish out disses like this. There's no reason that we need to delete our accounts because our opinions don't necessarily coincide with yours. Everyone is entitled to their own and while some people think that Rubio would be a great addition to the team and others don't, in the end it is still undeniably up to the Clippers FO to take care of business.

People want ricky rubio over baron davis because we are a team in rebuilding mode. We have so many young pieces in EJ, BG, Al, and DeAndre. The addition of Rubio would for sure help the cause as we develop into a strong competitor for years to come.

So before you register and immediately call us all losers for having our own opinions, think about WHY people might want him and then start your criticism from there. Saying that we don't know what we're talking about doesn't cut it, cuz in that case I hope YOU know what you're talking about in saying that Baron Davis will be an all-star again next year.

                
      Back to top
MuteHaitian
Post ID: 56468by MuteHaitian » Jun 26, 2009 - 03:59 AM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 580
Location: UCLA
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

oops repost delete message please.

                
      Back to top
ClipperNation23
Post ID: 56469by ClipperNation23 » Jun 26, 2009 - 04:07 AM PST
Posts: 85
Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6Reputation: 8.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 0

MuteHaitian wrote:
ClipperNation23 wrote:
anyone that keeps saying we need ricky losero over baron davis please just delete your account........

and when baron goes off this year and plays like an all star LIKE EVERY YEAR IN HIS CAREER UNTIL HE MET DUNLEAVY.......dont come back saying "oh i love baron davis"

WE ALL KNOW WHO U ARE...

ricky rubio over baron davis..are u guys nuts??..... u guys are a bunch of draft fanatics pretending to know what your talking about........

PLEASE DONT TALK TRASH ABOUT MYYYYYY POINT GAURD!

ricky rubio over BD = losersssssssss

Hey please don't dish out disses like this. There's no reason that we need to delete our accounts because our opinions don't necessarily coincide with yours. Everyone is entitled to their own and while some people think that Rubio would be a great addition to the team and others don't, in the end it is still undeniably up to the Clippers FO to take care of business.

People want ricky rubio over baron davis because we are a team in rebuilding mode. We have so many young pieces in EJ, BG, Al, and DeAndre. The addition of Rubio would for sure help the cause as we develop into a strong competitor for years to come.

So before you register and immediately call us all losers for having our own opinions, think about WHY people might want him and then start your criticism from there. Saying that we don't know what we're talking about doesn't cut it, cuz in that case I hope YOU know what you're talking about in saying that Baron Davis will be an all-star again next year.

lol rebuilding???? we have been rebuilding for the past 10 years buddy...

baron davis makes 65 million dollers lol

kaman 50 mill

zack 14 mill in 3 years

camby 10 mil next year

al is going into his 3 season and a restricted free agent and the year after that eric is in that position

you think dunleavy can afford another 19 win season??

naaah its not a valid opinion.......its draft fanaticism

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Bill Simmons vs. Mike Dunleavy Log in to check your private messages → Camby on Griffin


← Bill Simmons vs. Mike Dunleavy

→ Camby on Griffin

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts Lamar Odom Signs With Laboral Kutxa in Spain, Could Return? 14 Feb 17, 2014 - 08:27 PM
No new posts Will Chris Paul's Return Throw Off Chemistry? 107 Feb 08, 2014 - 10:07 AM
No new posts Chris Paul Set to Return Sun. February 9th Against 76ers 12 Feb 03, 2014 - 10:29 AM
No new posts Chris Paul Eyes Return for ASG 1 Jan 23, 2014 - 10:02 AM
No new posts Jason Kidd is Pursuing the Nets' Head Coaching Job 5 Jun 09, 2013 - 04:42 PM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!