OKC Joins Knicks, LAC in Sessions Pursuit? (P. 2)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
jcdigital
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1776

us.gif
votes: 15

checkdafool10 wrote:
ToneE wrote:
i say(idk if anybody else has said it) DTS opens his wallet and we do a sign and trade with telfair for sesh.

Hasn't he had his wallet open all this time. Im pretty surprised that he's been spending so much and telling Dunleavy to go after free agents. Even though its just to get fans into the seats

yes he has had his wallet open but only for AI for the exact reason u listed above...to try and get more season tickets sold -_- but it seems like dunleavy might be getting him to open his wallet towards sessions to Very Happy

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

SamMays wrote:
If Dunleavy pulls off his Sessions deal, he will have set himself up to be GM of the year... Provided he gets it done as a coach... This team should be a playoff team, or damn close to it with future years brighter still... If he fails, he'll have no one to blame but himself and I don't see how he could hang onto his job...

He would have to be bumped up to GM to serve out his contract. A young, inexpensive coach could be hired if it's about money; say Cassell, or Rambis, or some other rookie (I know Rambis head coached briefly). It wouldn't cost too much more than what DTS is paying now...

The problem with bringing in another coach is that the only ones who are foolproof already have jobs; Phil, Adelman, D'Antoni, Pop, Sloan. Nobody comes with a guarantee... Even Doc Rivers and Stan V. flamed out at first.

And why we haven't made a run at Avery is clear... Dunleavy isn't going to fire himself to make that run... Avery is also known as a pretty tight-fisted guy as well... He can be as demanding as Dunleavy.

Quote:
If Dunleavy pulls off his Sessions deal, he will have set himself up to be GM of the year... Provided he gets it done as a coach... This team should be a playoff team, or damn close to it with future years brighter still... If he fails, he'll have no one to blame but himself and I don't see how he could hang onto his job...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL lol lol lol lol

lakers, celtics, spurs, orlando, cavs, LOLLLLLLLLLLLL dunleavy GM of the year if he gets it done LOLLLLLLLLLL

what make the 8th-7th spot LOLLLLL

FAIL!!

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

and loose for the next 4 years

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4018
votes: 53

You might be right... A lot of it will be about undoing the most stupid move of his career, bringing in Zach Randolph, so I don't know if he'll get credit for that... I just know that this year's team is much better than last years... No non-defense playing black hole at PF... Add Griffin, who will get more assists in his first month than Randolph had all year... Now add a decent backup PG and a solid backup PF...

The team is young and will get better in each of the next few years... 2011, you have no clue. You just think that scoring is what basketball is about and neglect the fact that defense is 50% of the game... So long as you have that mentality, buying into guys like Zach and Iverson, who put up numbers at one end and give them right back at the other, you'll never have an opinion that carries any weight at all. I think you're the only guy in the world who thought Baron had a good year last year and that his shooting .37% was Dunleavy's fault. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

elton_sucks42
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433
votes: 11

Baron himself will admit that last year was not a good year for him.LOLZ

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

SamMays wrote:
Quote:

lakers, celtics, spurs, orlando, cavs, LOLLLLLLLLLLLL dunleavy GM of the year if he gets it done LOLLLLLLLLLL

what make the 8th-7th spot LOLLLLL

You might be right... A lot of it will be about undoing the most stupid move of his career, bringing in Zach Randolph, so I don't know if he'll get credit for that... I just know that this year's team is much better than last years... No non-defense playing black hole at PF... Add Griffin, who will get more assists in his first month than Randolph had all year... Now add a decent backup PG and a solid backup PF...

The team is young and will get better in each of the next few years... 2011, you have no clue. You just think that scoring is what basketball is about and neglect the fact that defense is 50% of the game... So long as you have that mentality, buying into guys like Zach and Iverson, who put up numbers at one end and give them right back at the other, you'll never have an opinion that carries any weight at all. I think you're the only guy in the world who thought Baron had a good year last year and that his shooting .37% was Dunleavy's fault. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

no no no no no no no

im the only one here that said....keep zach bring him off the bench for griffin aka manu with the spurs....get A>i and have him back up both baron or gordon and lets look at that team...

baron/Allen Iverson/taylor

Gordon/Allen iverson

Al/novak/

griffin/zach

kaman/camby

Now thats a solid team Offensively and Defensively.....and i keep saying this to u ...ZACH is not AIR on D!!! actually a prolific rebounder

its a team that can compete for a championship cause its the CLIPPERS VS LAKERS in the western finals (spurs)

tell me who in the west aside the lakers and spurs would compete with that team coached properly of course????

who???

but what you want is to believe the guy who's been our coach for the past 7 disastrous years(WITH HIS DECISIONS AND COACHING) with one year being basically a fluke showing it was just about one player (sam)....is the key to winning....

you want EMOTIONALLY OPEN players lol instead of a ring...

you buddy ENJOY LOSING...with ur pretending that dunleavy is going to be the gm of the year next year with SUPER TEAMS being built around us

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9438
votes: 20

How do we not know Sessions just had a hot flash season?

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4018
votes: 53

2011, if you put Zach, Iverson and Baron together on one team, you would have the worst defensive team in history... But again, you place no value on defense. And your suggestion that Zach isn't air on defense contradicts everything that's ever been written about him. And you want to play your 17-millioin a year player off the bench... Joke.

I also think you continually telling me that I want to lose is childish. As much as I think you're wrong on almost every issue, there is one thing that is clear. We're both Clipper fans and want the team to be successful. If you think otherwise, and apparently you do, you are more foolishly argumentative than I can imagine. We just differ in how to get there... I want them to stop taking desperation shotcuts, like Iverson and Zach and build something that can last.

We had Baron and Zach together last year... They were healthy at the end of the season, as was Kaman and that team went 1 - 9 down the stretch... And you think bringing in another one-dimensional gunner in Iverson would be a plus? That's absurd. Ask yourself why none of the good teams in the league are interested in Zach or Iverson. becuase, unlike you, their GM's understand basketball.

Article after ariticle by sports writers and ex-coaches talk about what a disaster Iverson would be for this team, both in the locker room as an example to our young players and on the court with his ball domination and lack of defense... And yet you choose only to listen to yourself.

Memphis has Zach... Now that it looks like the Clippers are losing interest in Iverson and Memphis is the front runners for him, perhaps you'll want to go over there and root for them. As a side benefit, they don't have Dunleavy. That will be a perfect place for you. Add in Gay and Mayo and you should be in heaven with a bunch of gunners who don't pass and don't play D...

CLIPPER$ZONE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif
votes: 3

Sonnie wrote:
But,if session will go to new york,we can make some moves like:

-Sign AI3 a 1 year contract,hoping he will come off the bench,

-Send Camby or Kaman (i prefer camby) to DET for Prince,they need a center,we need a SF,a win-win trade

-re-sign novak ('coz nobody will make him an offer,and he'll accept our q-offer)

By this moves our roster will be:

STARTER

B.Davis-E.Gordon-T.Prince-B.Griffin-C.Kaman (or Camby)

6TH MAN

AI3

BENCH

S.Telfair-R.Davis-C.Smith

MORE BENCH

M.Taylor-M.Collins-S.Novak-M.Madsen-D.Jordan

love it!! but I would like to send Kaman because Camby will play one more year and teach DJ...Then DJ becomes our perminet tyson chandler like center

Your thoughts???

CLIPPER$ZONE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 855
Location: Glendale
am.gif
votes: 3

Love that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^

We also have Al Thornton off the bench.....we would be a great team and with a lot of young guys and vets

I would like to trade Kaman to DET. because Camby has one more year left and h will help DJ develop then afte that DJ will be our perminet center and when Camby leaves we could sign or draft someone to back DJ up or to start...Chandler will be there but I dont know..

Your ideas is what I think to.

blasana
Clipper Starter
Posts: 472
votes: 2

Unfortunately I don't see detroit parting with prince. Richard Hamilton is a different story but I think they want to keep Prince

Clipsfan21
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 208
votes: 2

Has Rip ever played SF b/c he's listed as 6'7 on espn?

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

no no no no no

its fans like you who enjoy the pretending of " oh cool lets get him and check out his emotions and build for the FUTURE!!! lol

its fans like you i know FOR A FACT i dont care what u say after this,,,but i know YOU DONT GO CLIPPER GAMES...because its those fans who say bring in the players to win the championship

but you enjoy the loosing, you enjoy sitting there saying OH ZACH SO MEAN...Sad he scares me Sad ....oh nooo look at iverson tattooos Sad(( im sooo scared..lol

look its very simple.....theres logic( what i say) and theres the less fortunate( what u say)

for instance the 1st sentence you wrote....baron, zach, iverson is the worst defensive team in history.....which is just a pure mentally ill'd statement by u....

baron, zach, iverson, GRIFFIN, CAMBY, KAMAN,GORDON, AL all on one team is a beast and challenging (what we play for) to go to the finals....but heyyyyyyy lets look into the future...in the year 2000 lol

how much does manu make coming off the bench??? how much does bynum make coming off the bench?? how much does terry make coming off the bench?? how much is lamar going to make coming off the bench??

you wanting to to rebuild with the coach who has been rebuilding us for 7 years and not do what all the good teams are doing in adding stars with there EMOTIONLY STRONG rookies like the celtics and lakers did is a joke...

is zach worth 17 mill off the bench...avg about 15 a night with 6-7 rebound per game, a SOLID back up for our rookie beast who might have foul trouble or struggle cause he's a rookie......into HELPING US COMPETE OR WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WORTH IT?????

but u dont want that!! you ENJOY LOOOOOOSING

your arguments are jokes...

im sure you want john wall next year too..

clipfan96
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 10
votes: 0

paying zach 17 mil a season is insane.

paying zach 17 mil to come off the bench would be, um...

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

no finish it!!

paying zach 17 mill to come off the bench (30 mins a game) sign A,I and compete for a championship is INSANE TO YOU!!!!

championship clippers????? huh????

keep enjoying the loosing... one day The Real Fans will prevail and get that ring......

checkdafool10
Posts: 2465
Location: Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 11

Clipperworldchamps2011 wrote:
clipfan96 wrote:
paying zach 17 mil a season is insane.

paying zach 17 mil to come off the bench would be, um...

no finish it!!

paying zach 17 mill to come off the bench (30 mins a game) sign A,I and compete for a championship is INSANE TO YOU!!!!

championship clippers????? huh????

keep enjoying the loosing... one day The Real Fans will prevail and get that ring......

wat the hell ur the one that probably wants us to lose if u want Zach Randolph so much. Y don't u jump on the Zach Randolph wagon and move to Memphis cuz we don't need u here.

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

checkdafool10 wrote:
Clipperworldchamps2011 wrote:
clipfan96 wrote:
paying zach 17 mil a season is insane.

paying zach 17 mil to come off the bench would be, um...

no finish it!!

paying zach 17 mill to come off the bench (30 mins a game) sign A,I and compete for a championship is INSANE TO YOU!!!!

championship clippers????? huh????

keep enjoying the loosing... one day The Real Fans will prevail and get that ring......

wat the hell ur the one that probably wants us to lose if u want Zach Randolph so much. Y don't u jump on the Zach Randolph wagon and move to Memphis cuz we don't need u here.

lol "im the only one here that "PROBABLY" wants us to loose?????

i say the words championship and i PROBABLY want to loose????

no im the fan who goes to 42 games a season.... unlike the majority here...

someone needs to speak the LOGIC TRUTH

clipps04
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3351
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif
votes: 17

^^exactly going to more games than another individual means you know more about the sport, team, and staff. It's a one and done argument. Because how could possibly anything else stand up to "I go to 42 games a season". Clearly any other sort of knowledge is obsolete because it's the number of games that means everything. How could we all be so narrow minded...

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

no my arguments versus yours makes me more knowledgeable....

only some have provided a logical or substantial arguments......

unfortunately and i do mean unfortunately you haven't...

but u can keep trying...i look forward if you do have one....the dullness of these arguments is getting ridiculous

clipper321
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
Location: California
calif.gif
votes: 10

ok genius if zach randorf is such a godly gift why did the trailblazers seem happier after he got traded and why did the knicks trade him for skittles because hes an overpaid black hole. just give an example of him actually winning something

clipps04
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 3351
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif
votes: 17

Clipperworldchamps2011 wrote:
clipps04 wrote:
^^exactly going to more games than another individual means you know more about the sport, team, and staff. It's a one and done argument. Because how could possibly anything else stand up to "I go to 42 games a season". Clearly any other sort of knowledge is obsolete because it's the number of games that means everything. How could we all be so narrow minded...

no my arguments versus yours makes me more knowledgeable....

only some have provided a logical or substantial arguments......

unfortunately and i do mean unfortunately you haven't...

but u can keep trying...i look forward if you do have one....the dullness of these arguments is getting ridiculous

Relax pal, I haven't made a single argument about anything you've said. My only post directed toward you was the one above. And that was in regards to your comment,

Quote:
no im the fan who goes to 42 games a season.... unlike the majority here...

someone needs to speak the LOGIC TRUTH

You don't need to be defensive. This is a safe place.

Clipperworldchamps2011
Clipper Starter
Posts: 313

is.gif
votes: 1

a very nasty broken index finger, which kept him out the b.roy years and the emergence of lamrus aldridge into a star!!! << doesnt happen alot with 2nd 3rd year guys

rarely you get as lucky like the trailblazers did..... ITS VERY RARE

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8503
votes: 42

If you keep this up you will be banned. Please read the site rules and guidelines:

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

dwb
Clipper Starter
Posts: 705
Location: Tallahassee
votes: 28

fyi: Bynum is the wealthiest of the guys you mention at 12.5 per. Odum of course hasn't signed yet but Miami's offer is 5 years for like 34 mil, and the Lakers are only going 3 years... and you can bet that the numbers won't approach Zach's 17 per. It'll be more like 9 or 10, tops, if that. This means you'd be paying your bench guy 4 and a half million a year more than any of those other notables.

The idea that you can bring in big names, or big name scorers and expect to win works less often than you might figure. Boston was the exception, not the rule. If you look at the Celtics recipe for success, and Doc Rivers' main message, it hinged on two things: chemistry and defense, both concepts personified in their on court leader, KG. Every Celtic retrospective that covered that championship season highlighted those team oriented ideals. The fact that they had Garnett as a vocal and emotional catalyst just happened to make Rivers' selling those ideas to the team that much easier. To be honest I don't really see anyone on your Clipper dream team capable of sending the same message. Even giving AI a pass on defense due to his steals, though his on the ball work is questionable, has he ever been a "team first" type? No. His most successful teams were built to supplement him, with role players willing to basically do everything else he didn't. Zach, send a defensive message? Right. Some other galaxy, some other lifetime, but not in this one. Giving Baron the benefit of the doubt, let's say he could preach the chemistry message, but his defense is spotty at best and he's far too in love with the deep three to be mistaken for a pass first point. The big three in Boston won because they realized that by giving up part of their games, by lessening their individual numbers, the team would benefit. That playing team ball and concentrating on defense were the keys to winning. I seriously question whether or not Zach, AI and Baron would be willing to make the same sacrifice. Commitment to defense and team chemistry, as in unselfish play, feed off each other. Without one, the other eventually breaks down. There is nothing historically that says that those three together (Z, BD and AI) could play that kind of ball. It's funny, when asked what he was looking for in his new recruits for the US Olympic team, Coach K. intoned the "age old", ideals of attitude, enthusiasm, hustle, unselfishness and defense. He ever referred to them as such, or something similar. I wonder if Zach, Baron or AI could make that team?

Baron is perhaps the least... er offensive of the three in this respect. I'm hoping that if Dunleavy loosens the reins some and lets him run, which would make sense considering Griffin's obvious talents, that he isn't moved to toss up quite as many ill advised threes, maybe if only because he won't find himself stuck in the half-court set as often. Zach and AI are both ball dominators, and both have always been ball dominators. They negate team chemistry not only because of their defensive shortcomings, but just by virtue of how they play the game. That is unless you build specifically around them, and we have too much young talent that would suffer by neglect to want to do that. Your dream team would win some games because of firepower, but would eventually lose because of a lack of team chemistry and defense. Just my opinion of course.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4018
votes: 53

^^^ dwb, you are spot on...

The job of a coach is not to let his stars do whatever they want. The job of a coach is to mold a group of individuals into a team... This can be very hard to do in the NBA, where players have guaranteed contracts and in many cases have more power than the coach... Coaches can be fired more easily than certain players can be traded and the players know that.

That's why it's so important to get real leadership on the court. Stars who will buy into the coach's plans and make sure other guys do as well. That's why KG has won a championship. Duncan. Kobe, who matured in his later years... Detroit was nothing but leaders with Billups, Rip, etc.., who were all happy to run play after play... That bought in and won a championship.

Zach hasn't ever bought into anything other than shoot every touch and he's been a career loser. AI has been placed on much more talented teams than Zach and still hasn't make a team a championship contender since his early years when Larry Brown worked some magic, basing the whole team around supporting AI. Baron has been no more successful in recent years than AI has been. Sadly, the more I've seen of Baron, the less I like him as a player.

But even Lamar Odom has grown up and seen the light. Perhaps Baron can too... Zach and AI never will. I hope AI ends up in Memphis... Between him, Zach, Mayo and Gay, you'll see a grand example of shoot-first, no D total dysfunction... And 2011 will never be taken seriously again... that is if anyone does so now.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clippers Already Looking to Trade Telfair

→ Session to clipps dead?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!