Dunleavy on his way out? (P. 3)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clippclapp
Posts: 48
votes: 0

and get ramon sessions?

you are a natural ...... Wink

clippclapp
Posts: 48
votes: 0

seanrooks wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Quote:

Personally I would rather that we get a younger PG than one already in his 30's, but I guess we have to take the best available player

Yes. Let them grow together since our best years are 2 and 3 years out when Baron will be even worse than he is now.

I think the reason for Baron's improved scoring numbers is simply that he's taking more shots. He also dominates the ball offensively, refusing to move it if it's not going to get him an assist, so he's going to make sure he gets his assist numbers. The one game I think Baron actually did play well was against OKC... In that game, Dunleavy limited him to 15 first half minutes, so he had something left for the fourth quarter. There is no way Baron is in good enough shape to go 40+ as Dunleavy routinely has him doing.

The other thing to me that was telling about Baron was that he had just signed a $65,000,000 contract, talked about how excited he was, and then showed up to camp fat and out of shape. And the only reason he got to just 20lbs overweight was a Jenny Craig crash diet at the end of summer... That told me everything I needed to know about Baron's commitment to basketball and the Clippers. Despite what he says about leadership and teamwork, it's clear that Baron only cares about Baron.

I don't care if he puts up 20 the next five games in a row. I can't wait until he's gone with the same passion I couldn't wait for Randolph to be gone last year. You gotta build with character first. Portland found that out... Obviously, you need talent too, but all the talent in the world with a loser's mentality ain't gonna win you games.

yes, baron is a chucker. yes, he has struggled since he signed that contract and is visibly frustrated, and is frustrating fans as well. but have you seen golden state before and after baron? went from the team that ran the mavs out of the building and the playoffs to a bottom feeder.

baron has had trouble adjusting, and has really not played well. but to call him a loser and blame basically everything wrong with us right now on him is too much.

good post

before baron we were losing....now we have baron were losing...dunleavy has been there for 7 season only 1 playoff run aka (SAM the Great) year....

DUNLEAVY IS THE REASON WE SUCK~!

blaming a guy who's all star on one team but when it comes to our (dunleavy) ways he cant seem to be the player he is....

byronn scott who takes his team to the playoffs every year had a bad start and gets fired......

DUNLEAVY HAD 6 BAD YEARS....and we say....OH ITS BARONS FAULT..

its purely hard headed stupidity and its why we are the Clippers...

lakerh8r
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 502

calif.gif
votes: 3

SamMays wrote:
Quote:

Personally I would rather that we get a younger PG than one already in his 30's, but I guess we have to take the best available player

Yes. Let them grow together since our best years are 2 and 3 years out when Baron will be even worse than he is now.

I think the reason for Baron's improved scoring numbers is simply that he's taking more shots. He also dominates the ball offensively, refusing to move it if it's not going to get him an assist, so he's going to make sure he gets his assist numbers. The one game I think Baron actually did play well was against OKC... In that game, Dunleavy limited him to 15 first half minutes, so he had something left for the fourth quarter. There is no way Baron is in good enough shape to go 40+ as Dunleavy routinely has him doing.

The other thing to me that was telling about Baron was that he had just signed a $65,000,000 contract, talked about how excited he was, and then showed up to camp fat and out of shape. And the only reason he got to just 20lbs overweight was a Jenny Craig crash diet at the end of summer... That told me everything I needed to know about Baron's commitment to basketball and the Clippers. Despite what he says about leadership and teamwork, it's clear that Baron only cares about Baron.

I don't care if he puts up 20 the next five games in a row. I can't wait until he's gone with the same passion I couldn't wait for Randolph to be gone last year. You gotta build with character first. Portland found that out... Obviously, you need talent too, but all the talent in the world with a loser's mentality ain't gonna win you games.

Well Mays I think either way if he scores 20 points the next five games in a row will benefit us. I really do want him to stay, and not because I am pleased with his Clipper career so far but I am just so tired of bringing in player after player. I just want these guys to finally pan out and become the players we paid for, but in any case a good performance over the next couple of games will arouse interest from other teams and hopefully Dun and Sterling will entertain those offers.

Also, I liked your comment about looking ahead 2-3 years It seems like we are at a critical point in Clipper History. We have four young stars (Gordon, Griffin, Thornton, and Jordan) that we can build around and a couple of guys that are in a different stage in their career (Davis, Camby, Kaman). So even if we get top notch performance from the latter three it will be hard to materialize a championship team because by the time our cubs are ready to take on the burden of the team the older guys will be experiencing a dropp off in performance. That is the hardest thing to reconcile about this team we have a lot of good players that will peak at different times so it will be tricky.

BACON
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1367
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif
votes: 5

cry We will never be so lucky to get rid of Dumbleavy until his contract is up. And even then we may still have him?? Who knows? cry cry

Trinidad
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 246
Location: The OC, Santa Ana
votes: 1

clippclapp wrote:
seanrooks wrote:
SamMays wrote:
Quote:

Personally I would rather that we get a younger PG than one already in his 30's, but I guess we have to take the best available player

Yes. Let them grow together since our best years are 2 and 3 years out when Baron will be even worse than he is now.

I think the reason for Baron's improved scoring numbers is simply that he's taking more shots. He also dominates the ball offensively, refusing to move it if it's not going to get him an assist, so he's going to make sure he gets his assist numbers. The one game I think Baron actually did play well was against OKC... In that game, Dunleavy limited him to 15 first half minutes, so he had something left for the fourth quarter. There is no way Baron is in good enough shape to go 40+ as Dunleavy routinely has him doing.

The other thing to me that was telling about Baron was that he had just signed a $65,000,000 contract, talked about how excited he was, and then showed up to camp fat and out of shape. And the only reason he got to just 20lbs overweight was a Jenny Craig crash diet at the end of summer... That told me everything I needed to know about Baron's commitment to basketball and the Clippers. Despite what he says about leadership and teamwork, it's clear that Baron only cares about Baron.

I don't care if he puts up 20 the next five games in a row. I can't wait until he's gone with the same passion I couldn't wait for Randolph to be gone last year. You gotta build with character first. Portland found that out... Obviously, you need talent too, but all the talent in the world with a loser's mentality ain't gonna win you games.

yes, baron is a chucker. yes, he has struggled since he signed that contract and is visibly frustrated, and is frustrating fans as well. but have you seen golden state before and after baron? went from the team that ran the mavs out of the building and the playoffs to a bottom feeder.

baron has had trouble adjusting, and has really not played well. but to call him a loser and blame basically everything wrong with us right now on him is too much.

good post

before baron we were losing....now we have baron were losing...dunleavy has been there for 7 season only 1 playoff run aka (SAM the Great) year....

DUNLEAVY IS THE REASON WE SUCK~!

im amazed how some clipper fans lack any knowledge on this situation...blaming a guy who's all star on one team but when it comes to our (dunleavy) ways he cant seem to be the player he is....

byronn scott who takes his team to the playoffs every year had a bad start and gets fired......

DUNLEAVY HAD 6 BAD YEARS....and we say....OH ITS BARONS FAULT..

its purely hard headed stupidity and its why we are the Clippers...

I dont think he's saying that dunleavy is not the reason we suck, I think he's making the point that both need to go, asap.

Even in the short term that we were successful, it was mainly sam cassell who was the catalyst and a in-his-prime EB. It was a well put together team that complemented each other well, not dunleavy's coaching; so in other words your preaching to the choir, but like I keep saying.....

I find it hard to believe sterling fires dunleavy with 2 years 5 mill per on his contract, so it sucks horribly, but we'll probably have to put up with him.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4036
votes: 54

I dont' blame it all on him. Dunleavy bears a good portion of the blame too. I think what's wrong with the Clippers is a two-headed monster... No leadership off the court in Dunleavy. No leadership on the court in Baron... Baron was brought here to be a star player... He's been less than a mediocre starting PG in the NBA.

Add to that, Baron scored a lot of points and we got beat by a sorry NO team without Chris Paul... I'd rather Baron worry about making stars of the other players, like he did in pre-season and not try to make himself a star now that the record counts. With his horrible shooting percentage, any time he's taking a lot of shots, it can't be good.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4036
votes: 54
before baron we were losing....now we have baron were losing...dunleavy has been there for 7 season only 1 playoff run aka (SAM the Great) year.... DUNLEAVY IS THE REASON WE SUCK~! im amazed how some clipper fans lack any knowledge on this situation...blaming a guy who's all star on one team but when it comes to our (dunleavy) ways he cant seem to be the player he is.... byronn scott who takes his team to the playoffs every year had a bad start and gets fired...... DUNLEAVY HAD 6 BAD YEARS....and we say....OH ITS BARONS FAULT.. its purely hard headed stupidity and its why we....

Please log in to view the entire post.

clipboard
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1333

calif.gif
votes: 4

I don't need my glasses to see that lottery looming out there in those warming days of early summer filled with the slap of a catchers mitt, strike three!

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4036
votes: 54

^^^ Ha... As usual, June 28th though October 3rd is the most exciting part of any Clipper's season.

From now on, we should just get graded for our off-season and skip the games.

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1465
votes: 11

Report: Dunleavy out as GM and Coach of Los Angeles Clippers

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15920
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125
before baron we were losing....now we have baron were losing...dunleavy has been there for 7 season only 1 playoff run aka (SAM the Great) year.... DUNLEAVY IS THE REASON WE SUCK~! im amazed how some clipper fans lack any knowledge on this situation...blaming a guy who's all star on one team but when it comes to our (dunleavy) ways he cant seem to be the player he is.... byronn scott who takes his team to the playoffs every year had a bad start and gets fired...... DUNLEAVY HAD 6 BAD YEARS....and we say....OH ITS BARONS FAULT.. its purely hard headed stupidity and its why we....

Please log in to view the entire post.

BBCLIP1
Clipper Starter
Posts: 360
votes: 5

Don't play with our emotions like that. Sad

Yaroslavs#1Fan
Clipper Starter
Posts: 703
votes: 18

read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Dunleavy,_Sr.

clipfan619
Clipper Starter
Posts: 266
Location: Irvine, CA
votes: 0

lol, that if funny!

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4036
votes: 54

Do you think they let him get on the plane?

Actually, it's Wikipedia. Lots of people have access to change things. It could be a hoax. I hold out hope, but I won't believe it until I read it elsewhere. Also, it would be pretty cruel to do it immediately after a game. But, I suppose, that could be Sterling.

Yaroslavs#1Fan
Clipper Starter
Posts: 703
votes: 18

don't edit the title, that ruins everything.

Yaroslavs#1Fan
Clipper Starter
Posts: 703
votes: 18

BBCLIP1 wrote:
Clipperfn4lf wrote:
Report: Dunleavy out as GM and Coach of Los Angeles Clippers

Don't play with our emotions like that. Sad

check wikipedia.

lakerh8r
Clipper Starter
Posts: 502

calif.gif
votes: 3

You are mean Yaroslav I got such high hopes after reading that

clipperloyal11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif
votes: 9

???

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4036
votes: 54

The entry has been corrrected. A hoax.

clipshow
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1593
Location: L.A
calif.gif
votes: 10

I didn't see anything..

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15920
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

Yaro, this is precisely why I changed the title.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15920
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

And since the entry has been changed, this thread is pointless. Now you understand why I did it?

edit: moved

BBCLIP1
Clipper Starter
Posts: 360
votes: 5

For anyone who has a facebook, here's a facebook page dedicated on one thing and one thing only...To "Fire Dunleavy!!" Spread the word CTB... and let's take the necessary steps to get this guy out of here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Dunl ... 121?ref=nf

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

This joke dunleavy has to leave. I just want him to get sick for like 2 games and I want Lucas or

Hughes to sub for him and see how we do. I bet we go 2-0 in his absense. This guy has got to go.

clipperloyal11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1429

us.gif
votes: 9

Dunleavy's post game interviews are so annoying

clipsfansincebirth
Clipper Starter
Posts: 678
votes: 4

I am sorry Dunleaven haters......but Baron Davis was to blame in this latest game against the grizz. At one point this was the sequence:

  1. Baron Davis bad pass turnover,

  2. Baron Davis Lazy crosscourt pass turnover

  3. Baron Davis misses layup

  4. Baron Davis bad pass to butler fast break other way

REALLY!

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1465
votes: 11

Yaroslavs#1Fan wrote:
BBCLIP1 wrote:
Clipperfn4lf wrote:
Report: Dunleavy out as GM and Coach of Los Angeles Clippers

Don't play with our emotions like that. Sad

check wikipedia.

my bad haha

airgordon23
Clipper Starter
Posts: 319
votes: 1

Well Im starting to think that Dunleavy is really on the hot seat now. Today it has come out in 2 articles. 1 by Lisa Tillman, and 1 by Espn. I really want to read the 1 on ESPN but it is an insider only article. If anyone Has Insider please copy and paste it here Thanks a lot

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15

If it's the rumors part of insider it's nothing. It's just the clip from the LA Times article.

I think that's the only thing on ESPN about it. I'll look around though.

Clipper-Josh
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2114
Location: Austin, TX
us.gif
votes: 12

Just hope Denver kicks our arse in our own house.

It's a nationally televised game so I think it would be only appropriate to stage a walk out in the 4th quarter

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15

If we get hammered on national TV he has to go. We'd have two days off to get used to a new coach and the new coach would have a very winnable game against the Wolves. If it doesn't happen Friday it's not going to happen.

We'll probably screw it up and win on Friday though.

airgordon23
Clipper Starter
Posts: 319
votes: 1

I Think Sterling probably gave him a 15 Gm window so probably after the next 2 games hel be gone.

Lebron2clips2010
Posts: 108
Location: the OC
votes: 3

Do you have a link to the Tillman article?

airgordon23
Clipper Starter
Posts: 319
votes: 1

its in the Clippers revert to (bad) form thread

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

on the topic of dunleavy, here's a petition to get him fired...

http://www.petitiononline.com/clip7777/petition.html

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Fan UP! Letter Writing Campaign to Donald Sterling Thread

→ Throw the house at D Wade?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!