Offical LeBron parade thread (P. 3)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
GRIFFIN32
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 364
Location: La Mirada CA
votes: 2

Also A interview with Clipper and Michael Thompson he was kinda being a jerk

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5227313

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

Don't bother, bro. LeBron could singlehandedly rescue some special needs children and a litter of kittens from a burning building and some people on this board wold crticize him for pulling a selfish, "look at me" stunt.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37

ClipfanSince88 wrote:
LAC_12 wrote:
It was not too bad... I wasnt expecting a mass anyways. And if you think LeBron is a one man show you dont watch his game. The man is a producer, not individually.

Don't bother, bro. LeBron could singlehandedly rescue some special needs children and a litter of kittens from a burning building and some people on this board wold crticize him for pulling a selfish, "look at me" stunt.

probably true.

I actually worked at a sports agency and i will say most of these players cant really handle themselves. I dont even mean staying out of trouble, but simple things like signing up for a cell phone contract and paying bills on time and booking a flight or anything really. So from seeing it on the inside i actually saw how the players are very much a product of their environment and what their agent feeds them. Not sayin players arent responsible at all, because they are 100% responsible for their actions but the agents feed them a lot of crap all the time.

Thats exactly what happened with Brand.

I think a change of scenery is the best thing possible for lebron. Then he can be his own man and isnt indebted to his hometown.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

ClipfanSince88 wrote:
LAC_12 wrote:
It was not too bad... I wasnt expecting a mass anyways. And if you think LeBron is a one man show you dont watch his game. The man is a producer, not individually.

Don't bother, bro. LeBron could singlehandedly rescue some special needs children and a litter of kittens from a burning building and some people on this board wold crticize him for pulling a selfish, "look at me" stunt.

lebron is not god.

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2551
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

Thompson would not have been S#%+ w/o Magic, Worthy & Kareem.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

ekker3 wrote:
ClipfanSince88 wrote:
LAC_12 wrote:
It was not too bad... I wasnt expecting a mass anyways. And if you think LeBron is a one man show you dont watch his game. The man is a producer, not individually.

Don't bother, bro. LeBron could singlehandedly rescue some special needs children and a litter of kittens from a burning building and some people on this board wold crticize him for pulling a selfish, "look at me" stunt.

lebron is not god.

Who said he was?

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

kevin arnovitz sums up my feelings nicely in a question he posed to clipper fans:

"If LeBron does come to the Clippers, won't there be just a little teeny thing that's lost about being a Clipper fan?"

seriously. i doubt half of you became clipper fans by looking at the team because they were winning at the time (unless you bandwagoned after 2005). you could've easily chosen to be a laker fan but you chose red,white, and blue for a reason.

if it happens, we're gonna be everything you hate about laker fans.

MuteHaitian
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 608
Location: UCLA
votes: 1

ok what's your plan then? do the same thing we've been doing the past 25 years? i'm not a bandwagoner, but I sure didn't sign up to see the clippers in the lottery every single year of my entire life. i support the team during hardships and low points hoping that they will become a contender in the near future. whatever pushes us to this goal i will be happy with. i could care less if we win with a superstar or without a superstar like the pistons did.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

MuteHaitian wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
kevin arnovitz sums up my feelings nicely in a question he posed to clipper fans:

"If LeBron does come to the Clippers, won't there be just a little teeny thing that's lost about being a Clipper fan?"

seriously. i doubt half of you became clipper fans by looking at the team because they were winning at the time (unless you bandwagoned after 2005). you could've easily chosen to be a laker fan but you chose red,white, and blue for a reason.

if it happens, we're gonna be everything you hate about laker fans.

ok what's your plan then? do the same thing we've been doing the past 25 years? i'm not a bandwagoner, but I sure didn't sign up to see the clippers in the lottery every single year of my entire life. i support the team during hardships and low points hoping that they will become a contender in the near future. whatever pushes us to this goal i will be happy with. i could care less if we win with a superstar or without a superstar like the pistons did.

belieeeeve me, you can win championships without LeBron James. hell, he doesnt even know what that feels like (or what it feels like to win a game in the finals).

MuteHaitian
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 608
Location: UCLA
votes: 1

ekker3 wrote:
MuteHaitian wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
kevin arnovitz sums up my feelings nicely in a question he posed to clipper fans:

"If LeBron does come to the Clippers, won't there be just a little teeny thing that's lost about being a Clipper fan?"

seriously. i doubt half of you became clipper fans by looking at the team because they were winning at the time (unless you bandwagoned after 2005). you could've easily chosen to be a laker fan but you chose red,white, and blue for a reason.

if it happens, we're gonna be everything you hate about laker fans.

ok what's your plan then? do the same thing we've been doing the past 25 years? i'm not a bandwagoner, but I sure didn't sign up to see the clippers in the lottery every single year of my entire life. i support the team during hardships and low points hoping that they will become a contender in the near future. whatever pushes us to this goal i will be happy with. i could care less if we win with a superstar or without a superstar like the pistons did.

belieeeeve me, you can win championships without LeBron James. hell, he doesnt even know what that feels like (or what it feels like to win a game in the finals).

sure, i believe you. but is it easier to win a championship with a superstar or without one? how many times has a team without a superstar won a championship?

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

MuteHaitian wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
MuteHaitian wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
kevin arnovitz sums up my feelings nicely in a question he posed to clipper fans:

"If LeBron does come to the Clippers, won't there be just a little teeny thing that's lost about being a Clipper fan?"

seriously. i doubt half of you became clipper fans by looking at the team because they were winning at the time (unless you bandwagoned after 2005). you could've easily chosen to be a laker fan but you chose red,white, and blue for a reason.

if it happens, we're gonna be everything you hate about laker fans.

ok what's your plan then? do the same thing we've been doing the past 25 years? i'm not a bandwagoner, but I sure didn't sign up to see the clippers in the lottery every single year of my entire life. i support the team during hardships and low points hoping that they will become a contender in the near future. whatever pushes us to this goal i will be happy with. i could care less if we win with a superstar or without a superstar like the pistons did.

belieeeeve me, you can win championships without LeBron James. hell, he doesnt even know what that feels like (or what it feels like to win a game in the finals).

sure, i believe you. but is it easier to win a championship with a superstar or without one? how many times has a team without a superstar won a championship?

This is the NBA. We're talking about the most predictable playoffs in sports, where the term "Cinderella Story" rarely exists. So most likely, you need a superstar.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37

^^^ almost always need a superstar. The only reason i say almost is because the Pistons won and probably another team like them a few decades ago.

Outside of the very rare occurrence a superstar is a must.

MuteHaitian
Clipper Starter
Posts: 608
Location: UCLA
votes: 1

my point exactly.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

The 2004 Pistons are the only exception to the "you need a superstar to win it all" rule that I can think of since the 80s. There was more parity in the 70s, as a bunch of teams won the title and I don't think any team went back-to-back. Some of those 70s champions lacked what we would call a superstar by today's standards. But once the Magic and Bird era hit, no team won that didn't have one of the best players in the league (plus a couple of additional all-stars for good measure). The Lakers, Celtics and Sixers teams that won in the 80s were all stacked with talent. I guess you could also argue that the late 80s Pistons didn't have a superstar, but its debatable. Some people would put Isiah Thomas in the superstar category, but he's definitely on a different tier than Magic and Bird, at least IMO.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

i know exactly what ekker means. if we get lebron, the bandwagon retards will hop aboard. if we don't get him, we will be known as " the franchise who denied LeBron". so, im really lost here. this ENTIRE summer is a lose-lose for us real clipper fans. lebron comes here, he brings the bandwagoners. he doesn't come here, we continue losing. =/

Clipsfan21
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 208
votes: 2

lol clipperstown we would never be the franchise who denied Lebron. If Lebron chooses to come here the Clippers will 99.9% not deny him but rather welcome him in with open arms. If anything Lebron is going to deny the Clippers.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

^^^ Seriously -- if LeBron wanted to come here and we said, "um, no thanks," we would not be known as the "franchise who denied LeBron," we would be known simply as the dumbest franchise in sports. You can debate whether it would be fair or not, but that would be the label.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

superstars are fine, id LOVE to have durant, deron williams, CP3, etc on our team. they're much more level-headed than LeChoke.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

lol, even i would think that would be the dumbest move in sports history.

lol

but it would show we have cojones!

illastrate
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1642

us.gif
votes: 13

No surprise, Thompson is one of the biggest Laker homers on the planet. I wanna bash my head in when I listen to his myopic commentary.

journeyman
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3835
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 40

^^^Agreed. Thompson is a myopic twit.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

well, obviously. but im talking about some fans that don't want him, and I was referring to if we don't make a move for lebron.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

we already are like top 2 in worst franchise in sports, so if this were to happen not much would change.....

SDclipper
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1289
Location: Nashville, TN
calif.gif
votes: 19

Not really a fan of this post. It's a lose-lose for real Clipper fans either way? If we get LBJ or another free agent stud this summer is an epic win for this franchise. And this also implies that real Clippers fans would rather lose than sell out, so to speak. That's insane. You people need to stop giving a **** about potential bandwagon fans and realize how nice it might be to be playing important games in March and God forbid, April and May. Say we get LeBron, you think next April if we're headed to the playoffs you'll be like man this is weak, I give up, go T-Wolves? Doubt it. Bring on LBJ, bring on talent, and get this team headed in the right direction. Unless that doesn't make me a real Clipper fan.

Derty_Bert
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1120

calif.gif
votes: 3

ClipfanSince88 wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
^^^ almost always need a superstar. The only reason i say almost is because the Pistons won and probably another team like them a few decades ago.

Outside of the very rare occurrence a superstar is a must.

The 2004 Pistons are the only exception to the "you need a superstar to win it all" rule that I can think of since the 80s. There was more parity in the 70s, as a bunch of teams won the title and I don't think any team went back-to-back. Some of those 70s champions lacked what we would call a superstar by today's standards. But once the Magic and Bird era hit, no team won that didn't have one of the best players in the league (plus a couple of additional all-stars for good measure). The Lakers, Celtics and Sixers teams that won in the 80s were all stacked with talent. I guess you could also argue that the late 80s Pistons didn't have a superstar, but its debatable. Some people would put Isiah Thomas in the superstar category, but he's definitely on a different tier than Magic and Bird, at least IMO.

The Spurs.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

Derty_Bert wrote:
ClipfanSince88 wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
^^^ almost always need a superstar. The only reason i say almost is because the Pistons won and probably another team like them a few decades ago.

Outside of the very rare occurrence a superstar is a must.

The 2004 Pistons are the only exception to the "you need a superstar to win it all" rule that I can think of since the 80s. There was more parity in the 70s, as a bunch of teams won the title and I don't think any team went back-to-back. Some of those 70s champions lacked what we would call a superstar by today's standards. But once the Magic and Bird era hit, no team won that didn't have one of the best players in the league (plus a couple of additional all-stars for good measure). The Lakers, Celtics and Sixers teams that won in the 80s were all stacked with talent. I guess you could also argue that the late 80s Pistons didn't have a superstar, but its debatable. Some people would put Isiah Thomas in the superstar category, but he's definitely on a different tier than Magic and Bird, at least IMO.

The Spurs.

Um, Tim Duncan is arguably the best power forward of all time. How is he not superstar? He may not be flashy, but he's definitely a superstar.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

lol tim duncan not a superstar? i dont even think there is an argument on the best pf of all time. this guy is just pure basketball. he is pure skill.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

SDclipper wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
i know exactly what ekker means. if we get lebron, the bandwagon retards will hop aboard. if we don't get him, we will be known as " the franchise who denied LeBron". so, im really lost here. this ENTIRE summer is a lose-lose for us real clipper fans. lebron comes here, he brings the bandwagoners. he doesn't come here, we continue losing. =/

Not really a fan of this post. It's a lose-lose for real Clipper fans either way? If we get LBJ or another free agent stud this summer is an epic win for this franchise. And this also implies that real Clippers fans would rather lose than sell out, so to speak. That's insane. You people need to stop giving a **** about potential bandwagon fans and realize how nice it might be to be playing important games in March and God forbid, April and May. Say we get LeBron, you think next April if we're headed to the playoffs you'll be like man this is weak, I give up, go T-Wolves? Doubt it. Bring on LBJ, bring on talent, and get this team headed in the right direction. Unless that doesn't make me a real Clipper fan.

geez, no one's questioning anyone's clipper fanmanship.

"and this also implies that real clipper fans would rather lose than sell out." - no it doesnt. not once did anyone (including myself) ever say i embrace losing. i really want to win, but im not exactly thrilled with replacing the Clipper franchise with LeBron. LeBron LeBron LeBron. seriously, in the half-assed success that the Cavs have had, no one really gives credit to the Cavs, just to LeBron. i just dread the day where here we are winning a ring (as if) and LeBron's the only one standing on the podium while Jeremy Piven, Tom Cruise, and Dane Cook are all high- fiving each other courtside. on top of all that, i wont even be able to afford a freaking 300 section seat. i just dont like lebron*.

i value my clipper basketball morals more than handing over everything i stand for to some guy that's bigger than the league itself, and knows it. people are seriously going ga-ga over this guy and he's relaxing and milking every last bit of it. if people want to voice out that i have a loser's mentality, then nerd out and go right ahead. im standing firm, people. as if there's only one answer to this mess.

and please, its not like lebron has proven he can win a ring. he's damn good, but this shouldnt have anything to do with sure-fire winning. for F's sake, here's the supposed best player in NBA history and he's only made it out of the weak EAST 1 year (only to get swept by the spurs that year). so why not give players like Dirk the same kind of infatuation?

i get the feeling that clipper fans just want to be relevant to the NBA media world (whatever that means). get ready to be relevant for the 1-man entertainment factor and perhaps nothing more. because basing it on history, that's pretty much all we can expect.

*more reasons why im not big on lebron:

1.that time he refused to sign ira newble's petition against China's human rights violations and their participation in the genocide in Darfur. (because he knew it would hurt his potential earnings in China). what a selfish creep.

2.having nike require the confiscation of all those "i got dunked on by jordan crawford" videos.

3.lighting his basketball spark as a youngster via a $1 basketball camp at a local rec center. millions and millions and millions of dollars later, he's started his own basketball camp. and charges around $700 to attend. way to give back, lebron.

4.he dances like a jock-chump

5.he lacks the focus to win an ring

he's just a very fake person and a borderline a-hole. and its hard for me to like him. its personal and beyond basketball.

Death toll in Darfur: 300,000+ and counting

LeBron's wallet: millions and counting

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

SDclipper wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
i know exactly what ekker means. if we get lebron, the bandwagon retards will hop aboard. if we don't get him, we will be known as " the franchise who denied LeBron". so, im really lost here. this ENTIRE summer is a lose-lose for us real clipper fans. lebron comes here, he brings the bandwagoners. he doesn't come here, we continue losing. =/

Not really a fan of this post. It's a lose-lose for real Clipper fans either way? If we get LBJ or another free agent stud this summer is an epic win for this franchise. And this also implies that real Clippers fans would rather lose than sell out, so to speak. That's insane. You people need to stop giving a **** about potential bandwagon fans and realize how nice it might be to be playing important games in March and God forbid, April and May. Say we get LeBron, you think next April if we're headed to the playoffs you'll be like man this is weak, I give up, go T-Wolves? Doubt it. Bring on LBJ, bring on talent, and get this team headed in the right direction. Unless that doesn't make me a real Clipper fan.

my post was talking about the fans, NOT the franchise. obviously we would be better wit ha top tier FA this summer. but you have to have understood what I meant. looking at it in a business perspective, yeah it would be amazing. looking at it from a true fans perspective, hell yeah it would be amazing, but there are always gonna be the faggs that lebron will bring along with him, claiming to have been clipper fans for years, which sucks for us ans here. i'd much rather watch my team grow through draft, through building chemistry, through losing and learning lessons, etc etc. but so far our franchise hasnt been able to do that, so idk, i guess just bring in lebron. it's like playing GTA. would you rather play the whole game out by yourself, and get that great feeling of beating the game 100%? or just use a cheat code(leBron)? it all depends on the person.

BINGO!
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 436

es.gif
votes: 3
Top 10 LeBron Combos By Kevin Arnovitz ESPN Dwyane Wade made headlines last week when he suggested that several of this summer's marquee free agents would convene (at Apalachin? in the conference room at CAA?) to discuss how the signing season should play out. In addition to LeBron James -- the obvious guest of honor -- Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh have supposedly been extended invitations as well. The idea to have a confab (who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall for that event?) speaks to questions about James' future that became much more salient when the Cleveland Cavaliers sputtered in....

Please log in to view the entire post.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

^^^ Interesting. I work right down the street from the CAA building. I'm going to be keeping my eye out in the next couple weeks.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

I liked number 5. Just listening to the words "griffin" and " unstoppable" together just gives me such high hopes for this guy.

BACON
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1367
Location: Palmdale Ca.
us.gif
votes: 5

It sure does! Very Happy

Grillinnap
Age: 27
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

ClipfanSince88 wrote:
clipperboy24 wrote:
^^^ almost always need a superstar. The only reason i say almost is because the Pistons won and probably another team like them a few decades ago.

Outside of the very rare occurrence a superstar is a must.

The 2004 Pistons are the only exception to the "you need a superstar to win it all" rule that I can think of since the 80s. There was more parity in the 70s, as a bunch of teams won the title and I don't think any team went back-to-back. Some of those 70s champions lacked what we would call a superstar by today's standards. But once the Magic and Bird era hit, no team won that didn't have one of the best players in the league (plus a couple of additional all-stars for good measure). The Lakers, Celtics and Sixers teams that won in the 80s were all stacked with talent. I guess you could also argue that the late 80s Pistons didn't have a superstar, but its debatable. Some people would put Isiah Thomas in the superstar category, but he's definitely on a different tier than Magic and Bird, at least IMO.

Yeah, in the 70s, the NBA was actually a crapshoot. When Magic and Bird came into the league, the NBA became predictable. There have been only eight franchises that won the NBA Finals since the 80s. And look how there's always a finalist that comes back in the NBA Finals in the following year.

1983 NBA Finals: Lakers-Sixers

1984: Lakers-Celtics

1985: Lakers-Celtics

1986: Rockets-Celtics

1987: Lakers-Celtics

1988: Lakers-Pistons

1989: Lakers-Pistons

1990: Blazers-Pistons

C-C-C-c-c-c combo breaker

1991: Lakers-Bulls

A new trend starts here.

1992: Blazers-Bulls

1993: Suns-Bulls

Mini C-C-C-c-c-c combo breaker

1994: Rockets-Knicks

1995: Rockets-Magic

MJ is back C-C-C-c-c-c combo breaker

1996: Sonics-Bulls

1997: Jazz-Bulls

1998: Jazz-Bulls

So long, Bulls era C-C-C-c-c-c combo breaker

1999: Spurs-Knicks

In the 2000s

2000: Lakers-Pacers

2001: Lakers-76ers

2002: Lakers-Nets

2003: Spurs-Nets

2004: Lakers-Pistons

2005: Spurs-Pistons

2006: Mavericks-Heat

2007: Spurs-Cavaliers

2008: Lakers-Celtics

2009: Lakers-Magic

2010: Lakers-Celtics

If one NBA Finals series has no returning finalist, it most likely means that one of the finalists made it to the Finals not too long ago (example: Spurs-Cavs in 2007). Only the 2006 series is the one that had both teams that had a long NBA Finals drought or have never been to the Finals. The only three-year period that had six different teams making the Finals was 06, 07, and 08.

GRIFFIN32
Clipper Starter
Posts: 364
Location: La Mirada CA
votes: 2

I Myself went to the Parada, It was kool I just hope we get one of these guys. The john wall was just for fun

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37
geez, no one's questioning anyone's clipper fanmanship. "and this also implies that real clipper fans would rather lose than sell out." - no it doesnt. not once did anyone (including myself) ever say i embrace losing. i really want to win, but im not exactly thrilled with replacing the Clipper franchise with LeBron. LeBron LeBron LeBron. seriously, in the half-assed success that the Cavs have had, no one really gives credit to the Cavs, just to LeBron. i just dread the day where here we are winning a ring (as if) and LeBron's the only one standing on the podium while....

Please log in to view the entire post.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80
i know exactly what ekker means. if we get lebron, the bandwagon retards will hop aboard. if we don't get him, we will be known as " the franchise who denied LeBron". so, im really lost here. this ENTIRE summer is a lose-lose for us real clipper fans. lebron comes here, he brings the bandwagoners. he doesn't come here, we continue losing. =/
Not really a fan of this post. It's a lose-lose for real Clipper fans either way? If we get LBJ or another free agent stud this summer is an epic win for this franchise. And this also implies....

Please log in to view the entire post.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37

^^problem is Ekker you want to make it a personal vndetta against lebron. All i am pointing out is your pithy arguments have very little backing.

Also as far as Ira Newble's gig, i applaud someone who doesnt just blindly back a cause. Most celebrities and athletes have no idea what is really going on because they dont take the time to research.

My post was in the main focus to show how Lebron actually does give back and no i dont think he sits there and brags about it.

Large ego in Lebron? yes i agree. Along with 95% of the players in the NBA. Like i stated before i actually worked at an agency and you would be shocked at how the nobodies are so full of themselves. Its the culture and its wrong across the board.

And as a sidenote, i dont take your comments personally but i am just annoyed at the way you fill the board with your anti-lebron garbage.

The only reason i said the last comment was just to nip the personal conversation in the bud. You want to criticize without being criticized.

Doesnt work like that Ekk.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80
^^problem is Ekker you want to make it a personal vndetta against lebron. All i am pointing out is your pithy arguments have very little backing. Also as far as Ira Newble's gig, i applaud someone who doesnt just blindly back a cause. Most celebrities and athletes have no idea what is really going on because they dont take the time to research. My post was in the main focus to show how Lebron actually does give back and no i dont think he sits there and brags about it. Large ego in Lebron? yes i agree. Along with....

Please log in to view the entire post.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37

^^^ you have every right to not respect a guy for whatever personal reasons but if those issues hold true for a plethora of NBA players then you shouldnt respect them either. I dont know that Baron Davis is doing anything for Darfur.

What is happening in Darfur and many other places in the world is a tragedy, no doubt about that but you cant use that as a reason t exclusively hate on Lebron when most of the league's players are not doing anything either.

You can love or hate on anyone you like but the reasons you give are just silly to me. I think if you said i hate him because he is arrogant and because personally he just rubs me the wrong way. Your own decision i cant really say anything abut that because its an opinion. But once you start giving examples that apply to multiple NBA players and yet you hate the one more than the others that doesnt make sense.

I bet though you love Deng because he is one of the few working on projects like that and is a true class act. I would love to get him.

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15

LeBron will be in the LA area this weekend. He's attending the Spike TV Guys Choice Awards on June 5th in Culver City.

Parade 2?

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

Apparently there is a Larry King interview with LeBron airing this Friday -- http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/01/lebron-cleveland-has-edge-when-he s-free-agent/?hpt=T3.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

clipperboy24 wrote:
^^^ you have every right to not respect a guy for whatever personal reasons but if those issues hold true for a plethora of NBA players then you shouldnt respect them either. I dont know that Baron Davis is doing anything for Darfur.

What is happening in Darfur and many other places in the world is a tragedy, no doubt about that but you cant use that as a reason t exclusively hate on Lebron when most of the league's players are not doing anything either.

You can love or hate on anyone you like but the reasons you give are just silly to me. I think if you said i hate him because he is arrogant and because personally he just rubs me the wrong way. Your own decision i cant really say anything abut that because its an opinion. But once you start giving examples that apply to multiple NBA players and yet you hate the one more than the others that doesnt make sense.

I bet though you love Deng because he is one of the few working on projects like that and is a true class act. I would love to get him.

my reasons for hating LeBron are exactly that: MY REASONS. that's why they sound silly to you.

and its not about other NBA players not doing anything about Darfur. LeBron was asked by Newble and refused. no one else was in that situation.

but you're making it sound like i originally said "i dont respect lebron" for one single reason. i had a list. and even then it was incomplete.

why should there be guidelines on who i can/cant hate and why? dude.

you said "But once you start giving examples that apply to multiple NBA players and yet you hate the one more than the others that doesnt make sense."

my original post was pretty much lebron specific and cant be said about other NBA players:

Quote:

*more reasons why im not big on lebron:

1.that time he refused to sign ira newble's petition against China's human rights violations and their participation in the genocide in Darfur. (because he knew it would hurt his potential earnings in China). what a selfish creep.

2.having nike require the confiscation of all those "i got dunked on by jordan crawford" videos.

3.lighting his basketball spark as a youngster via a $1 basketball camp at a local rec center. millions and millions and millions of dollars later, he's started his own basketball camp. and charges around $700 to attend. way to give back, lebron.

4.he dances like a jock-chump

5.he lacks the focus to win an ring

  1. lebron specific

  2. lebron specific

  3. lebron specific

  4. lebron specific

  5. lebron specific (may hold true to other players, but who cares. im talking lebron here)

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37

^^^ problem with that Ekker is #'s 1, 3, 4, and 5 apply to a very large amount of NBA players. You helped prove my point.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

c'mon man.

1.name me a player that refused to sign ira newble's petition knowing that he had high potential earnings tied to china (other than damon jones)

  1. name me another person who got dunked on by jordan crawford and confiscated all the videos at his own camp.

  2. name me another player who took a $1 basketball camp at a rec center and now charges around $700 to attend his.

  3. name me another player who dances like a jock-chump. (maybe dwight howard, but at least he's not doing it DURING games)

  4. name me another player who lacks the focus to win a ring (only one of the 5 that may hold true to other players, but lebron's too good to have this quality)

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4878
votes: 37
  1. the majity of NBA players didnt sign Ira Newble's request, and any legitimate player hasarnings power in China

  2. never listed this as an option, please read more carefully next time.

  3. Let me just give an example for you: I went to a Sean Rooks basketball camp for 1 week. The cost? $250 per person. There are plenty of players who never even got the chance to play in camps and they definitely charge good money, maybe not $700 but my purpose wasnt about the dollars but the principle

  4. Joakim Noah your fave.

  5. Baron Davis, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, T-Mac, Baron Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard etc etc etc. so about 70% of the league's stars

  • one name just keeps surfacin in that list.

i am done with this useless convo. rply how you want, but i will not.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7257
votes: 80

oh, you're done with this useless conversation. lol, bro you initiated this beef, no one asked you to. all i did was post a simple rant on LBJ (in response to someone else's post) and here you come out of the blue throwing insults and personal attacks left and right. you're pretty condescending on the internet. chill out.

but in any case:

  1. since neither of us know who signed or refused Newble's petition, we can only go with what's printed in the media. we both know LeBron refused. im working with that because it's fact and he's the man in question at the moment. im not to concerned with what jamario moon or marcus bank did for obvious reasons.

  2. roll

  3. not sure if you addressed the fact that Lebron charges bank for suburban kids to attend his camp. all this after he gets his start via a $1 camp at a rec center. clarify this if you can/want to.

4.

that's genius. notice how he's not dancing during a game...its after a national championship.

  1. so if that's the case, and you're admitting he lacks focus, why is he so highly touted as if he's a basketball god? he pales in comparison to russell, kobe, and jordan in this area. is he really a sure thing to bring us a ring? an appearance in the western finals? especially with a move to the west? ("king james" has been unable to do squat in the extremely weak east)

and again, im focusing on lebron since he was the topic of my post. no one else matters. ill bash baron davis when im talking about baron davis.

bottom line, I THINK lebron is more concerned with money than human rights, thinks the world revolves around him, and is thrilled that there are so many people that worship him. im not a fan of his for that and MANY other reasons. as a result, i dont want him on the clippers.

please dont get insulted and my bad if you find that annoying.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Paul George: Hard Working Guy

→ What about Gordon Hayward?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!