Hey guys- I was asked to post this NBA Nation Event at Universal CityWalk Hollywood. It is free admissions- if you go please feel free to post pics and your experience here on this thread. Here is more info:
The NBA’s largest mobile basketball playground, NBA Nation presented by T-Mobile USA & Kia Motors heads west to Los Angeles for the third stop on its summertime tour on Saturday, May 22 and Sunday, May 23, 2010, at the Universal CityWalk® Hollywood.
NBA Nation special guests appearing in Los Angeles include*:
- Darryl Dawkins, NBA Legend and NBA Nation Ambassador " Saturday, May 22 & Sunday, May 23.
- Michael Cooper, NBA Legend " Saturday, May 22, 2:00 p.m. " 3:00 p.m. at the Kia Performance Court.
- James Worthy, NBA Legend " Sunday, May 23, 3:00 p.m. " 4:00 p.m. at the Kia Performance Court.
- Kevin Love, NBA Player, Minnesota Timberwolves " Saturday, May 22, 7:00 p.m.
The Laker Girls will be performing on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. and Sunday at 4:00 p.m., along with the Clippers Spirit Dancers on Saturday at 4p.m. and Sunday at 3:00 p.m. On-site during the two day LA event will be DJ Prophet (@theedjprophet) entertaining fans and rockin' the crowds that come through the NBA Nation footprint.
NBA Nation is a customized 18-wheel truck that expands into a 20,000-square-foot basketball playground for fans of all ages to participate in a variety of activities. The NBA Nation action is non-stop including competitions, basketball games, contests, and prizes.
NBA Nation offers a variety of activities for fans including:
• T-Mobile Halftime Court " Fans can take part in competitions and clinics featuring the "T-Mobile Shoot Against Your Friends and Family" game, pitting fans with their family and friends against an opposing team to see who can sink their shots first for the chance to win T-Mobile myTouch phones and Authentic NBA Jerseys.
• Kia Motors Performance Challenge " The winner of the Performance Challenge, which tests fans’ dribbling, passing and shooting skills against the clock, will win an all-new 2011 Kia Sorento CUV. The champion will be crowned in Dallas on July 11 in a competition featuring winners from each city.
• Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown " Fans can use their creativity and basketball skills to perform their best dunks before a panel of judges including NBA Nation Ambassador Darryl Dawkins. One winner from each city, determined by fans via text vote, will receive a $1,000 prize and continue competing for the chance to be crowned the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown Champion at NBA All-Star 2011 in Los Angeles.
• T-Mobile Halftime Report " Basketball fans will have the opportunity to be a sportscaster for the day by participating in the T-Mobile Halftime Report photo booth. Each fan will receive a photo keepsake and throughout the day, fans will have a chance to win prizes including a T-Mobile myTouch.
• Kia Motors Performance Zone " Fans can take NBA-action-style photos on a green screen and participate in a Kia vehicle-centric scavenger hunt.
• T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck " Existing T-Mobile customers will be granted access to the T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck where they can watch the action, listen to deejays spinning the hottest music and enjoy refreshments.
• Measure Up " Fans can measure themselves against life-size replicas of favorite players on the Tall and Short, Arm Span, Walk of Fame and Get-A-Grip displays.
• NBA’s 50 Greatest Plays " Watch historic NBA plays on a 47-inch flat screen.
• Video Arcade " Fans challenge each other to the latest NBA video games aboard the NBA Nation show truck.
The NBA's global grassroots programs reach more than 13 million fans annually and aim to promote participation in the game of basketball through clinics, contests, skills competitions and player appearances. Programs include: Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA (international); NBA FIT; NBA Nation; NBA Jam Van (U.S., China and Europe); NBA Madness (Asia, Europe and Latin America); and NBA All-Star Jam Session.
*All appearances subject to change.