The Clipper Curse?

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
54clipfan
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 37
votes: 0
 

IF WE DON'T THINK THE CLIPPERS HAVE AN INJURY CURSE, THEN MAYBE WE NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING THAT HAS REMAINED THE SAME THRU MOST ALL THE YEARS OF INJURIES, THAT BEING THE MEDICAL AND STRENGTH STAFF, SOME OF WHOM HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE THE SPORTS ARENA DAYS! MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR DTS TO LET GO OF HIS "VETERAN" AND AGING, OLD SCHOOL CONDITIONING CREW, AND START OVER WITH SOME "FRESH BLOOD" AND THINKING WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING OUR PLAYERS INTO SHAPE AND STAYING THAT WAY DURING GAMES! HAS THIS STAFF KEPT UP, AND IF SO, WHY DIDN'T THEY NOTICE BG'S KNEE BEING SUSPECT BEFORE THE PRE-SEASON GAMES LAST YEAR? MAYBE FRESH EYES IN THE MED DEPT. IS WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS? roll

jcdigital
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1776

us.gif
votes: 15

Its definitely time to change the med staff.... They just need to pony up and spend the money for high end med staff. They could just go down the freaking street to Kerlan-Jobe and pick up some ppl.

Devastator
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 242
votes: 3

Good Call !!!!!!

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Easy with the caps there, Champ.

2) Use good grammar/spelling and don't use ALL-CAPS (it makes it "sound" like you're yelling).

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7266
votes: 80

we've alredy got a highly qualified staff. the top of the line facilities are proof that money isnt the issue. its bad luck.

Greenmonk94
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1060
votes: 2

thers 2 many rules on this clipper topbuzz... dame nazis!!

oww and

WWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!!

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

Tony Daly was as good as Jobe Kerlan. FOr freak injuries we used the best around.

Kaman syepped on a cameraman's foot.

Ruptured Achilles tendons have a genetic component. Look at his injury record

Shaun's problem is his body type. Nobody has ever seen an injury like that.

Baron was pretty healthy

A lot of guys were "injured" to take a vacation from losing

Corey was always injures. It's the way he plays

Blakes injury was a weird one. I hope it's not a crippling connective tissue disorder

These aren't the medical Staffs fauly

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Greenmonk94 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Easy with the caps there, Champ.

2) Use good grammar/spelling and don't use ALL-CAPS (it makes it "sound" like you're yelling).

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

thers 2 many rules on this clipper topbuzz... dame nazis!!

oww and

WWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!!

Pffffffft....Then you haven't exposed yourself to many message boards. This is one of the most lenient boards around.

NO board lets you use caps...Fact. That has to do with proper board etiquette.

By the way, it's damn Nazies, Not dame nazis.

Cliptonyte
Clipper Starter
Posts: 722
Location: Cliptonyte
votes: 4

Yeah, Ralph Lawler said that our team physician was one of the best in the league. Of course, Ralph is the eternal optimist wink

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7266
votes: 80

Cliptonyte wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
we've alredy got a highly qualified staff. the top of the line facilities are proof that money isnt the issue. its bad luck.

Yeah, Ralph Lawler said that our team physician was one of the best in the league. Of course, Ralph is the eternal optimist wink

if you buy a used car that has a history of breaking down (or one you're using as an out of control rally car), dont blame the mechanic.

Steady818
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1485
Location: North Hollywoooooood 818
am.gif
votes: 12

Guaranteed if this team had winning seasons but still had all these injuries the talk about the medical staff would not even be a topic..

Does a doctor need to be replaced if a patient keeps coming back with sore throats?

54clipfan
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 37
votes: 0

all the input is great here, but it does seem a little more than coincidence that, among others, jason powell has been around a long time. i don't know if he is still on staff, but it sure would be interesting to see how many in med staff have been here as long as andy r. and elgin b. was. sometimes change is good, sometimes not. but if you keep the same med staff year after year, and still have some "preventitive" injuries occuring, maybe the med staff needs a hard look at. and yes, i would change my doctor if he couldn't get a grip on my sore throat problem, if the doc couldn't fix that, why should i still keep coming back? all i am saying is it should be checked out at the least. as for the caps, i have nueropathy in my fingers, so that's why i don't use the shift key, that and my poor eyesight, ha! but if you want small print, don't critique my punctuation then, ha!

cuckooroller
Posts: 39
votes: 3

The Clippers are cursed, yes they are. However, there is a quick remedy. The Clipper Curse is concentrated on only one man. Donald Sterling. He is what is called a Jonah. He is the opposite of Midas, whatever he touches turns to excrement. As soon as he is no longer in the picture, then he carries the Curse with him, and the Clippers will be healed.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

If DTS is cursed, why does every business investment he makes turn to gold. Why is the team he bought for 11,000,000 now worth 300,000,000?

I should be cursed like that.

ether
Clipper Starter
Posts: 849
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 11

What makes you think they were "preventitive" doctor? Brands was not, Livi's was not, Griffins was not. These were all unusual and freakish injuries. Your sore throat metaphor is a little off, since it's not always the same thing that's been wrong. Powell has not misdiagnosed or mistreated these injuries

clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 386
votes: 6

I've read several posts on this board over the last couple of seasons where people blame the medical staff and cry for them to be fired. My wife is an athletic trainer, and I can tell you that they are advocates for player health more than anything. What happens pretty frequently is their wishes and professional opinion are superseded by the coaching staff and players are sent out on the floor when they shouldn't be playing. Medical staff do everything they can to minimize injury even when their recommendations aren't followed.

Sometimes circumstances and injuries are just greater than medical staff, or anybody else for that matter, can control. It's easy to try to place the blame on someone, anyone, but the simple fact is nobody could have done anything to prevent the injuries that have plagued us over the years.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

You gotta stop listening to Phil Jackson. lol

DTS is making profit despite owning the team. He is a real estate mogul. He has little to do when it comes to daily operations.

Opposite of Midas? I think he is the only owner that makes a healthy profit despite the losing history of the team.

If that is a curse, sign me up.

roll

TheCalmInsanity
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1506

am.gif
votes: 29

clipper*joe wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
The Clippers are cursed, yes they are. However, there is a quick remedy. The Clipper Curse is concentrated on only one man. Donald Sterling. He is what is called a Jonah. He is the opposite of Midas, whatever he touches turns to excrement. As soon as he is no longer in the picture, then he carries the Curse with him, and the Clippers will be healed.

You gotta stop listening to Phil Jackson. lol

DTS is making profit despite owning the team. He is a real estate mogul. He has little to do when it comes to daily operations.

Opposite of Midas? I think he is the only owner that makes a healthy profit despite the losing history of the team.

If that is a curse, sign me up.

roll

Good point. There's no curse really- there's just wrong intentions with what it's being run for. It's not being run for the fans.. It's being run for the profit. And in that regards, he's doing a great job.

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

Clippers need to hire every kind of priest or medicine man to work on bringing in a good mojo. They can bring in witch doctors, santeria specialists, everybody and anybody to work on the bad mojo that hangs over the team. I wouldn't hurt if DTS started off by being a great humanitarian to all races. Thats my suggestion.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Finished the thought rather nicely. Kudos. Very Happy

ether
Clipper Starter
Posts: 849
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 11

clipper*joe wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
The Clippers are cursed, yes they are. However, there is a quick remedy. The Clipper Curse is concentrated on only one man. Donald Sterling. He is what is called a Jonah. He is the opposite of Midas, whatever he touches turns to excrement. As soon as he is no longer in the picture, then he carries the Curse with him, and the Clippers will be healed.

You gotta stop listening to Phil Jackson. lol

I agree Joe -particularly on the Phil Jackson aspect. "Mr. Zen" Phil showed he actually has little understanding of the concept of Eastern religions and karma. As someone pointed out on another thread, if DTS really had "bad karma", then retribution would come in the form of PERSONAL loss on his part (say poor business results) rather than having it affect all of the individuals in his organization (with little impact to him).

DTS is making profit despite owning the team. He is a real estate mogul. He has little to do when it comes to daily operations.

Opposite of Midas? I think he is the only owner that makes a healthy profit despite the losing history of the team.

If that is a curse, sign me up.

roll

clipboard
Clipper All-Star
Age: 71
Posts: 1333

calif.gif
votes: 4

TheCalmInsanity wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
The Clippers are cursed, yes they are. However, there is a quick remedy. The Clipper Curse is concentrated on only one man. Donald Sterling. He is what is called a Jonah. He is the opposite of Midas, whatever he touches turns to excrement. As soon as he is no longer in the picture, then he carries the Curse with him, and the Clippers will be healed.

You gotta stop listening to Phil Jackson. lol

DTS is making profit despite owning the team. He is a real estate mogul. He has little to do when it comes to daily operations.

Opposite of Midas? I think he is the only owner that makes a healthy profit despite the losing history of the team.

If that is a curse, sign me up.

roll

Good point. There's no curse really- there's just wrong intentions with what it's being run for. It's not being run for the fans.. It's being run for the profit. And in that regards, he's doing a great job.

What do you think modern Biz Iz? In this circus, if you're not in the main event tent (Fakers), you get what they give(headaches), no more , no less.

cuckooroller
Posts: 39
votes: 3

clipper*joe wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
The Clippers are cursed, yes they are. However, there is a quick remedy. The Clipper Curse is concentrated on only one man. Donald Sterling. He is what is called a Jonah. He is the opposite of Midas, whatever he touches turns to excrement. As soon as he is no longer in the picture, then he carries the Curse with him, and the Clippers will be healed.

You gotta stop listening to Phil Jackson. lol

DTS is making profit despite owning the team. He is a real estate mogul. He has little to do when it comes to daily operations.

Opposite of Midas? I think he is the only owner that makes a healthy profit despite the losing history of the team.

If that is a curse, sign me up.

roll

No problem with his ability as a very good businessman. My comment was, however, thinking about his association with the Clippers. If the object is to win, and I would presume that it should be, then there seems to be a negative aura around his association with the basketball franchise. The point is that the Clippers seemed to be cursed by his being Owner of the franchise. It is difficult to motivate otherwise the habitually losing tradition of the Club since he has been Owner.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Like I said, he is one of highest profiting owners that have a losing franchise. Despite the history, he is making money. To me, that is the Midas touch.

As far as being a Jonah, I disagree. The term Jonah was created by superstitious, paranoid, non nonsensical, fishermen blaming a simple target to justify a bad situation. If you know the story, then you know the fishermen were the ones identifying the Jonah, not the outsider sitting on land.

Again, you need to stop listening to the Zen Master...The great pretender.

Are you aware of the totality of teams that have won in the last 30 years? Are you aware that most of the teams in the NBA have not been to the finals? Conference finals?

When you are ready to sit down and make an educated guess about the situation rather than label something you don't understand, let me know.

Just like the fisherman's lack of understanding of situations, you are pegging the easiest possible target out of ignorance.

I guess it's easier to label someone from a character of mythology or folklore to make sense of it all....

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

^^^Well said, Joe...

The Clippers problems over the years stem from the cheapness of DTS and the incompetence of those he's hired on the occasions he has opened up his purse strings...

MrHill
Clipper Starter
Posts: 647
Location: In the heart of Clipper Country
us.gif
votes: 3

My thoughts exactly, Sam...it just seems that Sterling is incredibly loyal to a fault to likes of Roeser, Baylor (pre-lawsuit), and Joe Safety (the head of the team's public relations/communications). Other than the fact they're yes-men, it still puzzles why they've stayed employed as long as they had.

Not to stray too much off-topic, I saw something else about Sterling's stewardship as ownership that bothered me. Someone else on another Clipper message board posted a photocopy of an old mazagine article about him, and one of the quotes about his relationship with his players said that he referred to them as "racehouses" rather than part of the family, like a father-son relationship. I'll try to post it here in the morning.

cuckooroller
Posts: 39
votes: 3

Fine. I don't have to listen to Phil Jackson. I was born in Inglewood, and though I have never been principally a Clipper fan, since they do play for my City, Los Angeles, I have always wished them well. However, I have always considered Donald Sterling deleterious to the better interests of this franchise. You talk about how many teams don't get into the playoffs, the Conference Finals, etc., well, how many Owners have been so inept in their administration of a Franchise to have only smelt the playoffs four times in 30 years, and only twice a winning record in those three decades. If you like, I was trying to be accomodating invoking some sort of arcane reason behind his horrible performance. For years, though he seems to have changed a bit lately, I watched him take his perennial lottery picks, sign them to their rookie contracts, develop them for other teams, and then cash in by selling them. Many seem to invoke loyalty as his reason for staying with the bad administration that he seems to choose with such regularity. To me, it seems to be disinterest. I still remain of the opinion that as far as NBA franchise Owners go, Donald Sterling is the worst, and that it is unlikely that the Clipper franchise will amount to much as long as his stewardship of their fortunes continues.

MrHill
Clipper Starter
Posts: 647
Location: In the heart of Clipper Country
us.gif
votes: 3

Here's the pic/article I was talking about...

To me, it almost seems that Elgin's comments about Sterling's running of the Clippers as a "plantation" may hold some weight. I really don't want to bring up the race card (because I don't believe it's appropriate here in this topic), like Elgin and his lawyers did, but I wanted to bring some attention.

SamMays
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4074
votes: 55

^^^I think a lot of owners think of their players as racehorses... John Matusak said it best in "North Dallas 40" when he was talking to his teammates... He said something like... "We're not the team! They're the team (pointing upstairs to management). We're just the equipment."

I don't think Sterling is alone in this feeling. There are lots of pro owners who stay aloof from their players, who view them as commodities to be traded or as pieces of silver in their bank accounts. Sterling was just dumb enough to admit it.

I think there is a lot of plantation feel in all of pro sports. Owners trade players, uprooting their families to try to improve their teams, often with no warning to the player, or even after promising him they're not looking to move him. Coaches and executives are fired quickly if they don't make their bottom line... The big difference is, these players are rewarded handsomely for their "enslavement." And with free agency, short contracts, etc., no one is forcing them to stay. Even Ron Harper was able to break out of jail and win some championships.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I've always felt that as a businessman, you never treat anyone below you like an equal, family member, or get too close to them. Now that doesn't mean you disrespect them, bounce your weight around, or treat them inhumanely.

I might get beat up for this by some, but I see nothing wrong with using the term "racehorses". Essentially, that is what any player on a team sport is.

In baseball, you have the "Farm system" where teams "breed", "groom" and "train"players. Farm? Breed? groom? Train? That isn't a coincidence.

I really don't know of any owner that calls or treats his players as a son or family member....They treat them as an investment that they expect a return on very quickly. If not, they get shipped out or released.

This is a business and a race to be the best every season and if the players do not produce, that player gets traded, released, or is put out to pasture.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

clipper*joe wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:

No problem with his ability as a very good businessman. My comment was, however, thinking about his association with the Clippers. If the object is to win, and I would presume that it should be, then there seems to be a negative aura around his association with the basketball franchise. The point is that the Clippers seemed to be cursed by his being Owner of the franchise. It is difficult to motivate otherwise the habitually losing tradition of the Club since he has been Owner.

Like I said, he is one of highest profiting owners that have a losing franchise. Despite the history, he is making money. To me, that is the Midas touch.

As far as being a Jonah, I disagree. The term Jonah was created by superstitious, paranoid, non nonsensical, fishermen blaming a simple target to justify a bad situation. If you know the story, then you know the fishermen were the ones identifying the Jonah, not the outsider sitting on land.

Again, you need to stop listening to the Zen Master...The great pretender.

Are you aware of the totality of teams that have won in the last 30 years? Are you aware that most of the teams in the NBA have not been to the finals? Conference finals?

When you are ready to sit down and make an educated guess about the situation rather than label something you don't understand, let me know.

Just like the fisherman's lack of understanding of situations, you are pegging the easiest possible target out of ignorance.

I guess it's easier to label someone from a character of mythology or folklore to make sense of it all....

One man's mythology is another man's truth. Your understanding of the story of Jonah is very mistaken regardless of whether you consider it fact or fiction your story details are incorrect.

Jonah would be a very accurate comparison actually. Jonah brought on his own misfortunes by not doing what he was instructed/what he knew he should have done. The Clippers have not done what they know they should have and with that brought their own demise. The encouraging part of the story is that Jonah eventually did what he was instructed and good things came from it.

Moral of the story if the Clippers do what they are supposed to, IE create a strong franchise thru the draft, retain our key players, get players that want to win and play to win, then we create a winning franchise that self perpetuates winning.

jcdigital
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1776

us.gif
votes: 15

Yeah im with CJ and Sam on this one, they are basically "racehorses." You spend millions of dollars on them, you put a staff around them to take care of them and you put in place another staff to develop them and put them in top physical shape. Basically yes they are nothing more than super tall and skilled men to play the game of basketball. In one way they are luckier than racehorses because if the basketball players get hurt, they dont get turned into glue. They get ppl to take care of them and help them recover. But if they dont perform, they are kicked to the curb.

As an owner there is no way you look at any of your players as your family because you have to remain neutral and objective in case they dont perform well, or someone better is available on the market. Sure we as the fans see them as family and, most importantly for chemistry sake, hopefully the other teammates see each other as family. But in no way should any of the management see the players as family, not even blake griffin.

MrHill
Clipper Starter
Posts: 647
Location: In the heart of Clipper Country
us.gif
votes: 3

Maybe I'm placing too emphasis on the "family" angle, but it's undeniable to me that there's always been sort of a lack of loyalty by Sterling towards his players, even when he has his favorites. Of course he's not the only owner who does this, and certainly won't be the last. I just wished that he cared more, and quit being such an attention whore who's so oblivious to his basketball team.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

clipperboy24 wrote:

One man's mythology is another man's truth. Your understanding of the story of Jonah is very mistaken regardless of whether you consider it fact or fiction your story details are incorrect.

Very true, one man's mythology is another man's truth. But in the end, you said it yourself, it's mythology. so I'll leave it to you to distinguish what the truth really is.

Now to the story. I had it right. Whether you believe the storm was a direct punishment for disobeying "god", it has nothing to do with what the sailors assumed. That was my point. Sure the story goes on to tell the real reason for it but it that is neither here nor there.

The point was that the sailors had no facts, no evidence to know the real reason for the storm at the time. That's my point.

Now I never mentioned any details about the story, other then to point out that the sailors were the ones to identify the "jonah", not someone sitting on land. In other words, Cuckaroo is sitting on land and is NOT on the boat.

Quote:
Jonah would be a very accurate comparison actually. Jonah brought on his own misfortunes by not doing what he was instructed/what he knew he should have done. The Clippers have not done what they know they should have and with that brought their own demise. The encouraging part of the story is that Jonah eventually did what he was instructed and good things came from it.

Moral of the story if the Clippers do what they are supposed to, IE create a strong franchise thru the draft, retain our key players, get players that want to win and play to win, then we create a winning franchise that self perpetuates winning.

Very bad comparison. DTS does not take any instructions from anyone. His misfortunes can be debated. He does make good money off of his "misfortunes".

Now, the demise of the Clippers can also be debated. You have to assume that we'd had success from the start of DTS owning the team. The recent success we've had was a direct result of keeping the sailors happy and rich. Only then did we have some short term fortune/success. The demise soon after was a result of the sailors, not "Jonah". "Jonah" did everything in his power to let one keep the ship afloat. It was a misfortune that all the sailors slipped on the deck and hurt themselves.

So, Cuckaroo's point was that everything DTS ( Jonah) touches, brings bad things ( i.e. Clippers). I don't know about you but I don't blame DTS for Brand getting hurt, Kaman, getting hurt, Livi, getting hurt, or the constant changes we've made in the last 3-4 years. The money was put up during that time so he was doing what he should have been.

Until I see DTS sititng in the belly of the Whale, I don't see a connection. Too much things that DTS touches turns to gold for me to believe otherwise.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

^^ like many times you completely missed the point of both my comment and Jonah's story. The book of Jonah is called Jonah not sailors for a reason: its about Jonah. Sailors were minor characters and Jonah wrought the punishment on himself because he didnt do what he was commanded. This wasnt just an idea from the sailors but clearly the theme of the Book, if you had read the Book of Jonah you would see that.

DTS is like Jonah in regards to winning and success of the franchise. He hasnt done things right and has wrought upon himself a losing culture and ridicule. I am not speaking about the monetary gains but success from a winning perspective and a personal achievement non-monetary perspective. The blueprints to win are there for him to follow, and there are quite a few different approaches to take but he has chosen not to take them. It's not just about following a command but doing what you should be dong, and DTS is not doing that.

And btw, the Clippers are stuck in the belly of a whale called the freaking Western Conference year after year.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

clipperboy24 wrote:
^^ like many times you completely missed the point of both my comment and Jonah's story. The book of Jonah is called Jonah not sailors for a reason: its about Jonah. Sailors were minor characters and Jonah wrought the punishment on himself because he didnt do what he was commanded. This wasnt just an idea from the sailors but clearly the theme of the Book, if you had read the Book of Jonah you would see that.

You missed the point of what I was discussing with Cuckaroo. You just decided to nitpick on meaningless stuff. What Cuckaroo said was that the Clippers by DEFAULT, are cursed. So if he is saying the franchise is cursed, wouldn't that mean the players, FO, and everything involved is cursed?

So how is DTS punished? By getting richer? Is that the connection your are trying to make with Jonah? By the way, I've read the book so yes, Jonah is the main character but DTS isn't. The sailors through him out of the boat which means the players, organization would have done that. Diddn't happened. The only person feeling the wrath was Jonah. And by my estimation, DTS is business as usual.

Quote:

DTS is like Jonah in regards to winning and success of the franchise. He hasnt done things right and has wrought upon himself a losing culture and ridicule. I am not speaking about the monetary gains but success from a winning perspective and a personal achievement non-monetary perspective. The blueprints to win are there for him to follow, and there are quite a few different approaches to take but he has chosen not to take them. It's not just about following a command but doing what you should be dong, and DTS is not doing that.

Dude, DTS bought a bad team that was moving from place to place. When did he feel the "success"????? He bought a losing culture.

Quote:

And btw, the Clippers are stuck in the belly of a whale called the freaking Western Conference year after year.

The clippers as in Sailors? Shouldn't it be DTS...that is of course if you want to make a perfect analogy...

See, you want to take pieces of the story and fit them how you like regardless of how they fit into the story. Analogies or metaphors don't work like that.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

^^^ you still dont understand. oh well, cant say i didnt try. i guess if you dont want to look past your blinders its useless.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16159
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I understand, believe me. I'm just not one for trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

The essence of the comparison is not about the literal meaning but what that word is supposed to imply.

JahvonTheClip
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3201
votes: 7

This entire postseason is making me so mad right now! So mad. Donald being a freaking idiot. Refs clearly f***** up calls. Everything that could go wrong is going wrong except CP3 tearing an ACL or something like that...This is so stupid! Russell calling us floppers is pissing me off. Everything is pissing me off and its just not fair. The clippers franchise is forever cursed. No other franchise has to deal with half the crap we have to deal with!!!

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9519
votes: 21

Things are on the up IMO. Even with the latest crap we are the Spurs retirement away from consistent playoff top two seed. I'm excited for the off season even though I want us to go as deep as we can. New owner with the core locked in for the most part.

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3730

rp.gif
votes: 32

No curse, it's just the way the game is. But assuming the Sterling situation works out, and the franchise is able to stabilize, the future will be bright. I honestly think we are one decent 3&D guy away from being a serious contender.

Icecoldclipper
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9519
votes: 21

^^^^Plus getting two tall bench bigs who won't foul out in 6 mins.

ClippersDA
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3882
votes: 12

We won't be competitive next year with this sterling bs

Keatonsays
Clipper Starter
Posts: 890

calif.gif
votes: 6

Our only curse is that we don't play with dignity. We flop around and get mad because refs don't respect us. We need to play tough, hard-nosed basketball, and win the right way.

JQuick32
Posts: 3385
votes: 13

Are you a Thunder fan? Because that's the only way that post would apply.

Keatonsays
Clipper Starter
Posts: 890

calif.gif
votes: 6

No. I watched that game yesterday, and I saw us throw away a game because we stopped playing basketball. Up 13 with 3:30 left in the 4th, we started holding the ball and stopped attacking. That's why we lost, in addition to Chris Paul trying to draw a foul on a 3 from 74 feet away from the basket. That play hasn't not worked, not one single time in the entire season, yet Chris Paul threw the game away on an attempt which has never yielded any positive results, and we lost because of it. Then on the following play, we were so busy complaining about the blown call, which I understand, but you have to take responsibility for your actions, and the role you played in the situation. Chris made an absolutely idiotic play, and we suffered horribly for it. He wasn't able to focus on our final chance, and he loses the ball on the final play.

I'm saying: Stop being drama queens, and start playing Basketball. They need to start playing like Basketball players not theater players.

JQuick32
Posts: 3385
votes: 13

I agree that the prevent offense was a big reason for the loss, but none of that is "flopping around." The Thunder have done all the flopping this series and they've been given every call.

ClippersDA
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3882
votes: 12

Anyone against griffin going to play in Spain this summer? That is so meaningless and is asking for trouble. He should stay here and train with Hakeem or Karl malone.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 6162
votes: 10

The Thunder do the exact same thing and are even softer. The difference is we don't have the golden boy of the nba.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4806
votes: 31

I don't think you understand the Clipper Curse. It's not really injuries per se.

  1. Cassell's eight seconds

  2. The shot by Raja Bell

  3. The total meltdown because Corey didn't want to come off the bench and MDSr started Livingston over Sam. They got Doug Christe on a 10 day contract and the locker soon was so toxic that he left and we lost almost all of our road games.

  4. Brand screwing us. He really didn't We got lucky

  5. The Baron Davis mess that destroyed the season including getting the coach fired.

  6. Kaman missing most of a season because he stepped on a camera man's foot. A freak accident.

  7. The DTS incident

  8. Livingston's knee injury.

  9. We get Olawakandi as a first rounder and he's a head case who refuses to be trained by Kareem

  10. That Russian Yarlov or something as a first rounder who couldn't play.

  11. A heard of players who had their worst year ever after they signed with us - Danny Granger, Grant Hill, Ricky Davis, Antwan Jamison, Ryan Gomes, Dudley, Billups after the injury, Glen Rice arguably. He gets a pass for doing Sarah Palin.

12 Brand and Billups rupturing their Achilles tendons, an injury that can't be prevented or predicted which in both cases destroyed their careers

Clipper Luck has always been because this team could have been the model for a Mexican soap opera.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← What a Season! 13/14 Clippers Appreciation Thread

→ NBA Initiates Charge to Terminate Sterling Ownership

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!