Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← SAM-I-AM-NOT Log in to check your private messages → ***FOR SALE*** Gordon signed + 10 More **CHEAP**
Author   
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129888by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 03:27 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Nah, Bledsoe is alright. He just needs time. I think he doesn't look at options closely before he makes a move. That will come with time.

I think his problem has more to do with not seeing things happen before they do. He just moves and hopes things develop. Mind hasn't caught up with the body yet.



                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 129889by Clippersfan86 » Dec 12, 2010 - 03:36 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14880
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

clipper*joe wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
I'm more disappointed with the realization that Bledsoe MAY NOT be the long term answer at PG like it seemed at first. Maybe we need to move him for a smarter PG like an Aaron Brooks who's also young and promising.
Nah, Bledsoe is alright. He just needs time. I think he doesn't look at options closely before he makes a move. That will come with time.

I think his problem has more to do with not seeing things happen before they do. He just moves and hopes things develop. Mind hasn't caught up with the body yet.

It just sucks because we saw his promise his first like 6 games starting. Then the last 5 or 6.. he looks like summer league Bledsoe all the sudden who turned the ball over like 5-7 times a game. ; ... I hope he figures it out.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129893by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 03:37 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Scoring much higher is NOT a PG's first priority but if that is what you think separates Bledsoe from Baron, Alright. It's not like Bledsoe is tearing it up on that end either.

I not sure branding people like Team Bledsoe or Team Baron is necessarily needed.

There is no blind justification on my part. I just feel Baron gives us the best chance to win. I also feel that I've given enough information to justify my stance on this.

Funny how you call my opinion blind justification and you see yourself as measuring.

Time will tell how this season ends. But from what i have seen, Lawler and Mike Smith have seen, we all must have blind justification for noticing the obvious.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129897by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 03:52 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7859

us.gif

Reputation: 516.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:

I think that the 'Baron-haters' such as SamMays and myself simply believe that, measuring performance against expectations, Bledsoe is scoring much higher than our highest paid player.

When I read posts from the 'Baron-lovers' like Clipperjoe, I can't help but sense blind justification.

Scoring much higher is NOT a PG's first priority but if that is what you think separates Bledsoe from Baron, Alright. It's not like Bledsoe is tearing it up on that end either.

I not sure branding people like Team Bledsoe or Team Baron is necessarily needed.

There is no blind justification on my part. I just feel Baron gives us the best chance to win. I also feel that I've given enough information to justify my stance on this.

Funny how you call my opinion blind justification and you see yourself as measuring.

Time will tell how this season ends. But from what i have seen, Lawler and Mike Smith have seen, we all must have blind justification for noticing the obvious.

Joe, you completely misinterpreted my post:

  1. I didn't mean 'scoring' points, I meant that Bledsoe is simply coming much closer to, if not exceeding, fans' expectations for a #18 pick. Baron is performing well below par for a $13,000,000 'franchise-player'

  2. I did not call myself 'measuring', and your opinion 'blind justification'. I said MY opinion of YOUR opinion is that I sense blind justification.

  3. It is the job of Smith and Lawler to be homers. Unless you're having private, off-the-record conversations with them, I wouldn't spout their views as any kind of proof-positive. By your logic, when EJ and Griffin say "WE" when talking about the team's shortcomings, they are saying they're not good enough, when everybody knows they are our 2 best players. The NBA's golden rule in player-media communications - If a player has a good performance - he's a beast... If he stinks it up - WE had a bad game. Players and home-team commentators don't call out a player in public... it's just not done.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129900by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:01 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Cleepers, you must have missed yesterday's game then. Lawler apologized to Bledsoe's family before he said Bledsoe is "playing like crap". Smith said that the team "looks disorganized" once Baron leaves the game. This wasn't just yesterday, this has been the theme for the last 5-6 games.

I guess you shouldn't go spouting things unless you know the facts. They might be Clippers homers but they hold no allegiance to any player.

                
      Back to top
clipperstown
Post ID: 129901by clipperstown » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:08 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 11288
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 24

^ wait Ralph actually said " bledsoe's playing like crap"?!?!? Damn that's messed up

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129902by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:11 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Yeah. Right before VDN pulled him in the 4th QTR. Mike Smith said the team "looks disorganized" after Bledsoe came in with a 12 point lead and lost of most of it. That was right before a commercial.

Edit:

By the way, you know that Mike and Ralph have been saying similar things in the last several games, right?

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129905by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:13 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7859

us.gif

Reputation: 516.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:
3. It is the job of Smith and Lawler to be homers. Unless you're having private, off-the-record conversations with them, I wouldn't spout their views as any kind of proof-positive. By your logic, when EJ and Griffin say "WE" when talking about the team's shortcomings, they are saying they're not good enough, when everybody knows they are our 2 best players. The NBA's golden rule in player-media communications - If a player has a good performance - he's a beast... If he stinks it up - WE had a bad game. Players and home-team commentators don't call out a player in public... it's just not done.

Cleepers, you must have missed yesterday's game then. Lawler apologized to Bledsoe's family before he said Bledsoe is "playing like crap". Smith said that the team "looks disorganized" once Baron leaves the game. This wasn't just yesterday, this has been the theme for the last 5-6 games.

I guess you shouldn't go spouting things unless you know the facts. They might be Clippers homers but they hold no allegiance to any player.

I know the FACTS, joe.

I watched yesterday's game - FACT

"Bledsoe's playing like crap" - OPINION

You believe your OPINION is FACT

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129906by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:17 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7859

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
^ wait Ralph actually said " bledsoe's playing like crap"?!?!? Damn that's messed up

Yeah. Right before VDN pulled him in the 4th QTR. Mike Smith said the team "looks disorganized" after Bledsoe came in with a 12 point lead and lost of most of it. That was right before a commercial.

Edit:

By the way, you know that Mike and Ralph have been saying similar things in the last several games, right?

Yes, and Barkley has said that Baron Davis is not stepping up as this team's leader. We can all cherry-pick others' opinions as pseudo-evidence of our points.

And, FYI, in the Sac. and Lakers games, baron was a combined -24 points in his 3rd/4th quarter stints - FACT!

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129909by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:27 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

" I want to apologize to the Bledsoes before I say this but , Bledsoe is playing like crap"

Ralph Lawler

12-11-10 Clippers vs. Grizzlies

Reality is a mo-fo when you can't face facts.

I'd put this up on youtube, but why?

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129910by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:27 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7859

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

^^Nice positive attitude, page. If there's one thing these young 'uns have taught me this season...

Expect the unexpected

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129911by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:29 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

So I take it "we've" moved on from this:

3. It is the job of Smith and Lawler to be homers. Unless you're having private, off-the-record conversations with them, I wouldn't spout their views as any kind of proof-positive.... Players and home-team commentators don't call out a player in public... it's just not done.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129913by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:34 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7859

us.gif

Reputation: 516.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:
I know the FACTS, joe.

I watched yesterday's game - FACT

"Bledsoe's playing like crap" - OPINION

You believe your OPINION is FACT

" I want to apologize to the Bledsoes before I say this, but Bledsoe playing like crap"

Ralph Lawler

12-11-10 Clippers vs. Grizzlies

Reality is a mo-fo when you can't face facts.

I'd put this up on youtube, but why?

Ralph said that - FACT

But it is his OPINION. You seem to have trouble separating the two.

Is it just me, or does anyone else believe clipperjoe actually IS Baron Davis?

I have seen concessions from every single person that believes Baron shouldn't start:

"He sees the floor better" "He is more clutch" even "He is a better player"

but I have yet to see you concede ANYTHING with regard to our $13,000,000 all-star franchise player not delivering what was expected of him when he arrived.

My head aches from banging it against the brick wall that is your love for Baron Davis.

No more, joe. Have your opinions.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129924by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:46 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Ah c'mon, Cleepers. It's his opinion based on fact. How do I know? Well, VDN pulled him out real quick after he had 2 consecutive TO's late in the 4th qtr. Was that not fact? And to further disprove your logic that it's his opinion, Ralph said it before VDN pulled him.

And no, I'm not Baron davis and we weren't talking about baron Davis. Seems like when you run out of arguments, you resort back to Baron.

You should play football cause you sure do love dodging and defecting a whole lot.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129928by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:55 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7859

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

I happen to agree with the opinion that he was playing badly. But I notice that you never responded to the FACT that Baron was -24 points in the 3rd and 4th in the two previous games.

And yes, this is about Baron. You are of the opinion that Baron (AKA clipperjoe?) should be the starting PG. Is it not then in the interests of your argument to trash Bledsoe?

Cause and effect cj (BD?)

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129929by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:55 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Uh, you first denied that Ralph said anything. I come back at you with a direct quote. You then try and turn it on me by saying I can't distinguish between a fact and opinion. Of course it is an opinion but what you fail to realize is that we were discussing your misinformation about team commentators playing the homerism card and they would never talk bad about one of their players. Since you were stumped, you then pull out quotes by Barkely as a way of saying...."but but, did you hear what they're are saying about Baron". Then when you run out of arguments, you try and spin this into a comedy routine and how frustrated you are by me. lol

The question wasn't about distinguishing between opinion and fact, the question was whether a team's commentator would call out one of his own despite working for the franchise. I gave you the fact about what Lawler said, and then you play "who's on first" routine. Maybe I should be the one taking some ibuprofen.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129932by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 04:57 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7859

us.gif

Reputation: 516.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:

Ralph said that - FACT

But it is his OPINION. You seem to have trouble separating the two.

.

Uh, you first denied that Ralph said anything. I come back at you with a direct quote. You then try and turn it on me by saying I can't distinguish between a fact and opinion. Of course it is an opinion but what you fail to realize is that we were discussing your misinformation about team commentators playing the homerism card and they would never talk bad about one of their players. Since you were stumped, you then pull out quotes by Barkely as a way of saying...."but but, did you hear what they're are saying about Baron". Then when you run out of arguments, you try and spin this into a comedy routine and how frustrated you are by me. lol

The question wasn't about distinguishing between opinion and fact, the question was whether a team's commentator would call out one of his own despite working for the franchise. I gave you the fact that Lawler said, and then you the His opinion but not a fact.

Maybe I should be the one taking some ibuprofen.

I never said that Ralph didn't say that.

Kindly do me the courtesy of reading my posts before making spurious accusations against me.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129934by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 05:03 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

cleepers wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:

Ah c'mon, Cleepers. It's his opinion based on fact. How do I know? Well, VDN pulled him out real quick after he had 2 consecutive TO's late in the 4th qtr. Was that not fact? And to further disprove your logic that it's his opinion, Ralph said it before VDN pulled him.

And no, I'm not Baron davis and we weren't talking about baron Davis. Seems like when you run out of arguments, you resort back to Baron.

You should play football cause you sure do love dodging and defecting a whole lot.

I happen to agree with the opinion that he was playing badly. But I notice that you never responded to the FACT that Baron was -24 points in the 3rd and 4th in the two previous games.

And yes, this is about Baron. You are of the opinion that Baron (AKA clipperjoe?) should be the starting PG. Is it not then in the interests of your argument to trash Bledsoe?

Cause and effect cj (BD?)

In the same thread:

"Nah, Bledsoe is alright. He just needs time. I think he doesn't look at options closely before he makes a move. That will come with time.

I think his problem has more to do with not seeing things happen before they do. He just moves and hopes things develop. Mind hasn't caught up with the body yet."

Is that trashing? See, I can call them like I see them. I still think Bledsoe is the future...Always thought that.

You on the other hand, are completely obsessed with baron. Do you have a voodoo doll of him? Or are you also a Bledsoe?

You sure do seem to be "cheerleading" even when the team's commentators are calling him out.

C'mon man, which is it? Are you a Bledsoe? Or Did baron run over your dog?

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 129935by clipper*joe » Dec 12, 2010 - 05:05 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Ditto.

"are you Baron Davis"

whether in humor or not, give me the same courtesy, eh?

Anyway, have the last word, gotta go for a bit to TCOB before the game starts.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 129936by cleepers » Dec 12, 2010 - 05:05 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7859

us.gif

Reputation: 516.9 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

Nah, it's just that some of that $65,000,000 was MY money and I don't like getting ripped off.

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← SAM-I-AM-NOT Log in to check your private messages → ***FOR SALE*** Gordon signed + 10 More **CHEAP**


← SAM-I-AM-NOT

→ ***FOR SALE*** Gordon signed + 10 More **CHEAP**

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts Official 2014 NCAA Div. I Tournament Topic 6 Mar 20, 2014 - 01:32 PM
No new posts Sticky: [Mod Topic] Guidelines for Trashing a Topic 0 Jan 10, 2013 - 01:57 PM
No new posts Kind of off topic but Clipper related 6 Jul 08, 2012 - 10:22 PM
No new posts New Topic 2 Feb 19, 2012 - 11:14 PM
No new posts New Feature Limits Topic Creation 15 Feb 19, 2012 - 09:16 PM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!