Gordon now open to resigning

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

See even though we lost the #1 pick it was still way worth it. Baron is a cancer and if we can keep the gang together good things will happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=6661870

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Age: 37
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15
Ramona Shelburne went on a tweet fest last night everybody should go back and read some of it. http://twitter.com/#!/RamonaShelburne Some highlights. Clippers chances of signing Eric Gordon to an extension (whenever there's a new CBA) greatly increased when Baron was traded There is still the issue of whether he'd prefer to be in the Eastern Conference ... and of course, what a new CBA will look like don't hold your breath on Iggy. that's on back-burner underrated advantage. DJ being repped by Arn now. Olshey's former boss It astounds me Clippers haven't yet extended Neil, who works for cheap and does a great job. Wait, no it....

Please log in to view the entire post.

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4897
votes: 38

^^^ Thanks Hooch.

BTW it was clear that Eric Gordon hated Baron and for all the right reasons.

Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

Why you thanking Hooch? Where is my love, I started this thread. Messed up

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15

Are you serious? Is it really a big deal?

Those tweets also have more information than that article.

Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

No I am not serious, are you serious?

Hooch20
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2397
Location: Santa Barbara
calif.gif
votes: 15

I don't think it's a big deal either way. I don't post on here for people to tell me thanks.

I do think the tweets have a lot more info.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8989
votes: 20

and pictures...

Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

Naked pictures

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

LOL I can't believe you're really asking for thanks... If he didn't thank you, then that means he wasn't thankful for what you posted, so he has no reason to say thanks to you. Quit being an attention wh0re

Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

Shhhhh, you havent contributed somoething worthwile in years.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

^ ive contributed much more than you have lmao

Tzviness
Posts: 261
votes: 3

Nope you havent

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

^ cyber troll?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

Hopefully we can lock in Gordon before he has a chance to test the market. Our chances increased when Baron was traded. Hmmm, I wonder by how much. Aside from the CBA, I am very optimistic about the upcoming season. now that Iggy has been put aside ( Yay!), I hope we can sign AK47 or a veteran to a small contract and hopefully resolve our SF situation in the Draft. That there is the perfect situation. That leaves money for the core and brings in the future at the SF spot. That is, if Aminu hasn't proven his worth. I'd rather use Kaman as bait for a top PG by the end of the trade deadline.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8014

rp.gif
votes: 35

it's like finding out santa clause isnt real. he came here excited to play with baron but all he got was a distracted me first overweight davis. davis being gone is well worth the 1st pick

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

Tzviness wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
LOL I can't believe you're really asking for thanks... If he didn't thank you, then that means he wasn't thankful for what you posted, so he has no reason to say thanks to you. Quit being an attention wh0re

Shhhhh, you havent contributed somoething worthwile in years.

Relax. No need to get personal.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

Wow so everyone did hate Baron Davis, not just the fans hahah

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

I really don't think one player constitutes "everyone". DJ and BG sure didn't seem like they "hated" him. Gordon better stay healthy and play like he deserves to be taken into consideration cause he hasn't been consistent since he's been here. Just say'n.

Taylor
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 2105

us.gif
votes: 23

How has Gordon not been consistent? Baron Davis was one of the biggest blunders of this franchise and was hurting our image, the fans image, and his own image by continuously being a bum, coming into the season out of shape and not doing his job. Gordon, who is clearly more intelligent than Baron didn't like him and I am sure more than Gordon didn't like Baron. Hate is a strong word here and I don't think EG would come out and say that but by watching games and reading comments he's made he clearly didn't like Baron Davis very much.

Gordon's a terrific player and we got extremely lucky to have him fall to us in the draft. He's had some injuries but I said this last seaosn they shouldn't have brought him back and they did, and he ended up missing more games because he re-aggravated his wrist. Expect Gordon to put up one of th ebest seasons any Clipper has ever had next year while working for a new contract, and in a better attitude with Blake, Mo Wills and perhaps a good SF via a trade / free agency.

Gordon and Griffin have a lot to learn still and are terrific players. They've shown lack of consistency at times but this is what all young players go through, for the most part they've been spot on during their young careers and have performed rather well.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

i think baron knew the end was near when DTS called him fat.

Renegade_Clipper
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 66
votes: 2

they showed a lack of consistency? blake averaged 22 points was only held under 10 points once while putting up 66 double doubles and eric was scoring 24 points a game before he got injured, neither of these sound very inconsistent to me

Renegade_Clipper
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 66
votes: 2

missed that my b

Taylor
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2105

us.gif
votes: 23

Baron prob knew he was gone when Blake first stepped out onto the court and made his first bucket. All year until he got traded he was getting flak from every single analyst, newspaper and radio show across the country. The pressure was on, but this is a what 2 time former All-Star who was a good scorer and made a difference on the teams he was on and had almost 3 full seasons to turn things around and he showed up for what 2 months before he got traded.

After seeing Bledsoe play, and how well Griffin turned out, and Gordons growth I think we as fans knew and the front office knew that it was time to get rid of Baron if we could as it seemed he wasn't going to be part of our plans for the future of this team. He wasn't what we thought he was going to be and a small flash of brilliance over 2+ seasons wasn't going to be enough to save his career here in Los Angeles.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

How about missing over 1/4 of the season for the last 2 years? How about shooting 17% on about 150 tries from the arc in the first 1/4 of the season?

Look, all I'm saying is that Gordon has no more excuses, his "obstacle" is now gone. Most elite/best players come out in their 3/4th season. No more excuses.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

clipper*joe wrote:
Taylor wrote:
How has Gordon not been consistent?

How about missing over 1/4 of the season for the last 2 years? How about shooting 17% on about 150 tries from the arc in the first 1/4 of the season?

Look, all I'm saying is that Gordon has no more excuses, his "obstacle" is now gone. Most elite/best players come out in their 3/4th season. No more excuses.

missing games because of injuries due to playing physical is part of the game. this happens to all good, confident players.

if he was tweaking things due to improper preparation, that'd be a different thing.

i dont think EJ's ever been accused of making excuses. he's always focused and is the consummate professional. its no surprise that he was at odds with baron.

besides, he was a borderline all-star this year. had the clippers avoided the horrible start to the season, he would've been awarded that honor. his numbers are now consistently up there.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

ekker3 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Taylor wrote:
How has Gordon not been consistent?

How about missing over 1/4 of the season for the last 2 years? How about shooting 17% on about 150 tries from the arc in the first 1/4 of the season?

Look, all I'm saying is that Gordon has no more excuses, his "obstacle" is now gone. Most elite/best players come out in their 3/4th season. No more excuses.

missing games because of injuries due to playing physical is part of the game. this happens to all good, confident players.

if he was tweaking things due to improper preparation, that'd be a different thing.

i dont think EJ's ever been accused of making excuses. he's always focused and is the consummate professional. its no surprise that he was at odds with baron.

besides, he was a borderline all-star this year. had the clippers avoided the horrible start to the season, he would've been awarded that honor. his numbers are now consistently up there.

Good stuff. I agree.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

btw, joe, it seems you're setting incredible expectations for EJ. practically its michael jordan output or bust.

im just simply appreciating the greatness that is EJ.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

ekker3 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Taylor wrote:
How has Gordon not been consistent?

How about missing over 1/4 of the season for the last 2 years? How about shooting 17% on about 150 tries from the arc in the first 1/4 of the season?

Look, all I'm saying is that Gordon has no more excuses, his "obstacle" is now gone. Most elite/best players come out in their 3/4th season. No more excuses.

missing games because of injuries due to playing physical is part of the game. this happens to all good, confident players.

if he was tweaking things due to improper preparation, that'd be a different thing.

i dont think EJ's ever been accused of making excuses. he's always focused and is the consummate professional. its no surprise that he was at odds with baron.

besides, he was a borderline all-star this year. had the clippers avoided the horrible start to the season, he would've been awarded that honor. his numbers are now consistently up there.

Missing as much games as he has so early in his career regardless of reason is kinda irrelevant to my point. That is still inconsistent. If that is what we have to look forward to, at some point, any team is going to have evaluate how durable the player is. Regardless of reason, it still hurts the team.

Gordon didn't play enough games to even rank in anything. In his limited time, yes, he played at a high level but they don't give awards for limited time. And during that time ( 1/4 of the season) when he was top 10 scoring, he was also shooting threes at a very high level and making 17% of them. So I don't think if we started off well this season, Gordon would have made got the honors, his overall shooting % at the time was actually not that good.

Anyway, it freally has nothing to do with Baron, it has everything to do with him playing healthy without that excuse at PG. People won't be able to use that to benefit Gordon anymore. That excuse is gone. That's why I cringed when people were using "he's not 100% healthy" at the end of the season.

I guess what I am saying is that he doesn't get a free pass anymore.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

I'm not comparing Gordon to Jordan, I am just saying he needs to be healthy. People hype him too much here. I've seen glimpses of greatness but never on a consistent basis. Gordon was the one who said he wanted to score 40 pts a game next season....I think it's him putting putting expectations on himself. All I ask is that he plays a full season at the same level he did in the first quarter of the season and I'll be a happy camper.

By the way, that was LBJ'ish when he said that.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

gordon was decked in the air and landed hard and the victim of a busted finger on a freak reach in during a fastbreak steal (and that hand injury played a role in his poor shooting). those types of injuries are unavoidable if you're not playing hard. if i wanna dig deep enough, maybe EJ needs to learn to fight through injury, build pain tolerance, and set an example for others. actually, if this was your point, i agree with you. i remember hearing EJ say that he "could play" but wanted to "sit out more to make sure the pain's gone away". would've liked to see him battle it out.

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8014

rp.gif
votes: 35

ekker3 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:

Missing as much games as he has so early in his career regardless of reason is kinda irrelevant to my point. That is still inconsistent. If that is what we have to look forward to, at some point, any team is going to have evaluate how durable the player is. Regardless of reason, it still hurts the team.

Gordon didn't play enough games to even rank in anything. In his limited time, yes, he played at a high level but they don't give awards for limited time. And during that time ( 1/4 of the season) when he was top 10 scoring, he was also shooting threes at a very high level and making 17% of them. So I don't think if we started off well this season, Gordon would have made got the honors, his overall shooting % at the time was actually not that good.

Anyway, it freally has nothing to do with Baron, it has everything to do with him playing healthy without that excuse at PG. People won't be able to use that to benefit Gordon anymore. That excuse is gone. That's why I cringed when people were using "he's not 100% healthy" at the end of the season.

I guess what I am saying is that he doesn't get a free pass anymore.

gordon was decked in the air and landed hard and the victim of a busted finger on a freak reach in during a fastbreak steal (and that hand injury played a role in his poor shooting). those types of injuries are unavoidable if you're not playing hard. if i wanna dig deep enough, maybe EJ needs to learn to fight through injury, build pain tolerance, and set an example for others. actually, if this was your point, i agree with you. i remember hearing EJ say that he "could play" but wanted to "sit out more to make sure the pain's gone away". would've liked to see him battle it out.

we should just trade gordon for someone who doesnt play hard, passive BUT play 82 games roll

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
btw, joe, it seems you're setting incredible expectations for EJ. practically its michael jordan output or bust.

im just simply appreciating the greatness that is EJ.

I'm not comparing Gordon to Jordan, I am just saying he needs to be healthy. People hype him too much here. I've seen glimpses of greatness but never on a consistent basis. Gordon was the one who said he wanted to score 40 pts a game next season....I think it's him putting putting expectations on himself. All I ask is that he plays a full season at the same level he did in the first quarter of the season and I'll be a happy camper.

By the way, that was LBJ'ish when he said that.

fair enough, but i still think it might be asking too much of a player to play 82 games or be a disappointment. its a physical game with too many unpredictable factors.

ClipfanSince88
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3349
votes: 21

^^^ Yeah, but that last bit wasn't a Gordon thing, it seems to be a Clipper thing. Our guys don't seem to play through injuries the same way that people on other teams do. Like, when you watch a Laker game you'll hear, "Kobe's shoulder is falling off and his pinkie is completely broken, but Gary Vitti game up with a special harness and a new method of taping, so he's going to play through all that." You don't get that kind of thing with the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

Um Eric Gordon did have a special shoulder support and wrist wrap for most of his injury. He did play through his injuries.. but when it got re-injured from the Mozgov hit it was clearly the right decision to take a month off.

Taylor
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2105

us.gif
votes: 23

Gordon still ended up shooting over 36% from beyond the arc even after his horrible % to start the year. How many other players in the history of all sports suck big ones for the start of the year or parts of it and end up raising an average or getting this or that stat?

Gordon is twice the player Baron Davis is and was.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7264
votes: 80

this right here is the bottom line. we were out of the playoffs and essentially had nothing to play for it would've been a bonehead move to play gordon through his injury and risk further complications.

thus, gordon missing so many games has to be taken into context.

thank you clippersfan86.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

The fact that Gordon finished the season with decent shooting percentages says that much more about how good he was for a fourth of the season than it does about how bad he started out. Another thing that people fail to realize is that everyone who took a reasonable amount of shots and is know for their shooting that played for team usa shot horrendously when they came back. Who knew shooting a smaller ball would affect your shot so much...right? roll

We cannot forget a few things when dealing with Gordon that so many seem to overlook:

He was projected to be the first overall pick before he got hurt in college and his coach got fired...

He's a two way player wich is pretty rare in this league, most player do one thing better or the other i.e. Kaman in his "All Star year".

He was the most clutch player in the league in the fourth quarter for the majority of the season.

To watch the games and actually come with lame reason why a budding star like Gordon doesn't deserve the lauding that he has gotten not only on this board but by the league in general is just wrong.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

ekker3 wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:

Um Eric Gordon did have a special shoulder support and wrist wrap for most of his injury. He did play through his injuries.. but when it got re-injured from the Mozgov hit it was clearly the right decision to take a month off.

this right here is the bottom line. we were out of the playoffs and essentially had nothing to play for it would've been a bonehead move to play gordon through his injury and risk further complications.

thus, gordon missing so many games has to be taken into context.

thank you clippersfan86.

We were doing amazing before the initial injury but when he went down a second time we were in the midst of a terrible collapse so him sitting out for a month obviously was the safer decision considering we had played ourselves out of the playoffs.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

OptimusDimes wrote:

The fact that Gordon finished the season with decent shooting percentages says that much more about how good he was for a fourth of the season than it does about how bad he started out. Another thing that people fail to realize is that everyone who took a reasonable amount of shots and is know for their shooting that played for team usa shot horrendously when they came back. Who knew shooting a smaller ball would affect your shot so much...right? roll

Really? Looks like Rose was immune to the small ball, eh? Durant? Please, like i said earlier, the apologists will continue to make excuses. For every guy who shot horribly, there were 2 that shot great when they came back. In fact, a lot of those team USA players came back on another level from the previous season.

Quote:
We cannot forget a few things when dealing with Gordon that so many seem to overlook:

He was projected to be the first overall pick before he got hurt in college and his coach got fired...

He was, but just like his history, he tends to get hurt at the worst opportune moments. Thanks for reinforcing my earlier point that Gordon has a pattern going. Thanks!

Quote:
He's a two way player wich is pretty rare in this league, most player do one thing better or the other i.e. Kaman in his "All Star year".

He was the most clutch player in the league in the fourth quarter for the majority of the season.

To watch the games and actually come with lame reason why a budding star like Gordon doesn't deserve the lauding that he has gotten not only on this board but by the league in general is just wrong.

I have never wavered on my opinion of Gordon. He's a good player but I think he's a bit hyped on this board. Some agree with me so let's just say I'm not on an island here. He didn't merit an All-Star nomination, and he wasn't eligible to rank in the leader stats 2 years going.

Let's just say I am not giddy about the guy just yet. Is he good? Yes.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

Clippersfan86 wrote:
ClipfanSince88 wrote:
^^^ Yeah, but that last bit wasn't a Gordon thing, it seems to be a Clipper thing. Our guys don't seem to play through injuries the same way that people on other teams do. Like, when you watch a Laker game you'll hear, "Kobe's shoulder is falling off and his pinkie is completely broken, but Gary Vitti game up with a special harness and a new method of taping, so he's going to play through all that." You don't get that kind of thing with the Clippers.

Um Eric Gordon did have a special shoulder support and wrist wrap for most of his injury. He did play through his injuries.. but when it got re-injured from the Mozgov hit it was clearly the right decision to take a month off.

Yup, did you see the play on that in the Jazz game? No one hit his shoulder. He tried run between 2 guys and for some reason, his shoulder was the problem. Now, even Lawler and Mike were wondering what happened. Look at the play, I have. No one touched his shoulder. The first jazz game away from home. The fact that he tried to barrel his way through when there was NOTHING there tells me he takes unnecessary risks. That's why I said I liked Gordon in the last stretch of the season. He was doing teardrops and actually looking at what the defense gave him.

Aside from the Mosgov hit, the Biedrins hit was because Gordon didn't adjust to the defense. The Mosgov hit was because he got caught in the air going out of bounds trying to pass the ball. That's what happens when you can't adjust.

And let's just say that Lisa Dillaman made it a point to say that Gordon is a special case when it comes to him coming back from injury. She didn't every player was different, she specifically said that with Gordon, "it's complicated".

And for those saying that we they didn't want to rush him back, it's not true. Mike and Ralph said VDN wanted Gordon back as soon as possible so the team gets a chance to mesh and build chemistry. Gordon held up the process, not the Clippers.

Does anyone here think the the FO didn't know there might be a chance this season gets delayed? Resting him cause there was nothing to gain would be stupid considering the next season might get shortened.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

clipper*joe wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
ClipfanSince88 wrote:
^^^ Yeah, but that last bit wasn't a Gordon thing, it seems to be a Clipper thing. Our guys don't seem to play through injuries the same way that people on other teams do. Like, when you watch a Laker game you'll hear, "Kobe's shoulder is falling off and his pinkie is completely broken, but Gary Vitti game up with a special harness and a new method of taping, so he's going to play through all that." You don't get that kind of thing with the Clippers.

Um Eric Gordon did have a special shoulder support and wrist wrap for most of his injury. He did play through his injuries.. but when it got re-injured from the Mozgov hit it was clearly the right decision to take a month off.

Yup, did you see the play on that in the Jazz game? No one hit his shoulder. He tried run between 2 guys and for some reason, his shoulder was the problem. Now, even Lawler and Mike were wondering what happened. Look at the play, I have. No one touched his shoulder. The first jazz game away from home. The fact that he tried to barrel his way through when there was NOTHING there tells me he takes unnecessary risks. That's why I said I liked Gordon in the last stretch of the season. He was doing teardrops and actually looking at what the defense gave him.

Aside from the Mosgov hit, the Biedrins hit was because Gordon didn't adjust to the defense. The Mosgov hit was because he got caught in the air going out of bounds trying to pass the ball. That's what happens when you can't adjust.

And let's just say that Lisa Dillaman made it a point to say that Gordon is a special case when it comes to him coming back from injury. She didn't every player was different, she specifically said that with Gordon, "it's complicated".

And for those saying that we they didn't want to rush him back, it's not true. Mike and Ralph said VDN wanted Gordon back as soon as possible so the team gets a chance to mesh and build chemistry. Gordon held up the process, not the Clippers.

Does anyone here think the the FO didn't know there might be a chance this season gets delayed? Resting him cause there was nothing to gain would be stupid considering the next season might get shortened.

None of that matters. Honestly it's a bunch of speculation on your part. Eric Gordon came back and finished the season on a TERRIBLE note clearly due to his wrist injury. He played like garbage the last couple weeks of the season. If anything he should of stayed off the court for the rest of the season but he came back anyways. I think it's unfair to criticize his decision to take extra time off. Kobe's game isn't slashing to the rim and he doesn't play the bruising style of EJ. So of course Kobe can play through finger injuries or w/e else. I think rather than questioning the validity of his injuries we should keep the topic on how injury prone he is ETC. Eric Gordon doesn't come across as a sissy or a fake type to me at all.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Rose is not what I would consider a pure shooter so it's easier for him to get his stroke going.

Durant, Gordon, and Billups all struggle shooting the ball earlier in the season...if you didn't/don't know.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

OptimusDimes wrote:
Quote:
Really? Looks like Rose was immune to the small ball, eh? Durant?

Rose is not what I would consider a pure shooter so it's easier for him to get his stroke going.

Durant, Gordon, and Billups all struggle shooting the ball earlier in the season...if you didn't/don't know.

That doesn't make any sense. Rose had no shot before the Team USA. He came into the season with a shot. That's after playing with the small ball.

Same with Westbrook.

Edit: and it's easier for a pure shooter to adjust to the ball. That's why they're called pure shooters. no different than a marksman. Just because they change up the gun, doesn't mean they can't adjust easily. It's called second nature.

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

fact is, gordon still finished the season shooting around 37-38% i believe, right around his career average and in the range of a 3pt specialist. if you talk about his awful start, you also have to talk about his incredible finish. to go from 17% or whatever it was back to that range, he had to shoot the lights out for a while. so it's the law of averages. all shooters go through cold spells that are offset by hot streaks.

also, it's worth noting that despite shooting such a terrible 3pt%, Gordon was STILL averaging around 25 points and STILL was scoring efficiently.

big_giddy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 634

rp.gif
votes: 4

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
btw, joe, it seems you're setting incredible expectations for EJ. practically its michael jordan output or bust.

im just simply appreciating the greatness that is EJ.

I'm not comparing Gordon to Jordan, I am just saying he needs to be healthy. People hype him too much here. I've seen glimpses of greatness but never on a consistent basis. Gordon was the one who said he wanted to score 40 pts a game next season....I think it's him putting putting expectations on himself. All I ask is that he plays a full season at the same level he did in the first quarter of the season and I'll be a happy camper.

By the way, that was LBJ'ish when he said that.

I think the guy is overrated. Or maybe a little because fans most of the time (or is it just Citizen Boob?) overrate their favorite players.

He is good can score in bunches but wont bring much else.

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 15365
votes: 91

big_giddy wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
btw, joe, it seems you're setting incredible expectations for EJ. practically its michael jordan output or bust.

im just simply appreciating the greatness that is EJ.

I'm not comparing Gordon to Jordan, I am just saying he needs to be healthy. People hype him too much here. I've seen glimpses of greatness but never on a consistent basis. Gordon was the one who said he wanted to score 40 pts a game next season....I think it's him putting putting expectations on himself. All I ask is that he plays a full season at the same level he did in the first quarter of the season and I'll be a happy camper.

By the way, that was LBJ'ish when he said that.

I think the guy is overrated. Or maybe a little because fans most of the time (or is it just Citizen Boob?) overrate their favorite players.

He is good can score in bunches but wont bring much else.

Wow... most non Clippers fans consider Eric Gordon the most underrated player in the game or at least top 3. You wanna say he's overrated?? I'm absolutely shocked. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_43

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Again, maybe I should clarify it for you. Rose and Westbrook are player that rely more on there penetration. They rely more on getting to the rim and to the foul line. This is where you get your "rhythm" as a "rhythm" shooter. Pure shooters use the same stroke, therefore making it harder to adjust when you change the intangles i.e. ball size.

You still did not address the fact that all of the pure shooters i.e. Durant, Billups, and Gordon struggled with their shots.

This is silly in and of itself because to knock our leading scorer because he wants to be extended with this team makes me ask why? Unless you would like to trade him because you feel someone else would be a better fit...like umm D. Will? I am just guessing and not trying to put words in your mouth, but still what is your point?

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

clipper*joe wrote:
OptimusDimes wrote:
Quote:
Really? Looks like Rose was immune to the small ball, eh? Durant?

Rose is not what I would consider a pure shooter so it's easier for him to get his stroke going.

Durant, Gordon, and Billups all struggle shooting the ball earlier in the season...if you didn't/don't know.

That doesn't make any sense. Rose had no shot before the Team USA. He came into the season with a shot. That's after playing with the small ball.

Same with Westbrook.

Edit: and it's easier for a pure shooter to adjust to the ball. That's why they're called pure shooters. no different than a marksman. Just because they change up the gun, doesn't mean they can't adjust easily. It's called second nature.

im sorry but I have to disagree about westbrook. he really has no shot, and teh thunder lost that series BECAUSE westbrook thought that he had a shot and kept on shooting

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15978
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 126

OptimusDimes wrote:

Again, maybe I should clarify it for you. Rose and Westbrook are player that rely more on there penetration. They rely more on getting to the rim and to the foul line. This is where you get your "rhythm" as a "rhythm" shooter. Pure shooters use the same stroke, therefore making it harder to adjust when you change the intangles i.e. ball size.

You still did not address the fact that all of the pure shooters i.e. Durant, Billups, and Gordon struggled with their shots.

I got you the first time. A penetrating guard who had no shot for the first few seasons doesn't get into any shooting rhythm, he has no shot. Rose promised to get a shot in the off-season and he did, despite playing with a smaller ball. For a non-shooter to adjust his game to 2 different ball sizes and improve his shot without any lingering effects proves that a poor shooter can work on a shot and improve it despite playing with 2 different balls. A pure shooter depends more on his hand and eye coordination more than he does ball size. I'm sorry, I'm not buying.

As far as Billups and Durant, I can't speak for them, I really didn't watch them at the start of the season. If you can supply early stats to support your case, I'll do my best to answer them. I saw the Bulls and read articles about Rose's shot, and Westbrook's shooting improvement.

Quote:

This is silly in and of itself because to knock our leading scorer because he wants to be extended with this team makes me ask why? Unless you would like to trade him because you feel someone else would be a better fit...like umm D. Will? I am just guessing and not trying to put words in your mouth, but still what is your point?

Actually, what's more silly is your attempt to try and peg me into this person that's insane for questioning our "best scorer" when that fact in and of itself is FALSE. Griffin ended with a higher PPG average. Griffin is our best scorer. The final stats prove that. Furthermore, he played 82 games so that's who I'm banking on. I don't have to like everyone on the team, just like every fan doesn't like every player. You trying to call my take as silly is actually even sillier when you think about it.

Look, we just value players differently. The same way people hate Kaman, I appreciate him more than most. The way some people hype Gordon, I'm more reserved when it comes to him. What so silly about that?

All I know is people get more of the blame for the last few years and by my estimation, Gordon has been here just as long. He hasn't made us better in the time he's been here. And he's been slightly more durable than Kaman in the last 3 seasons. They're both in the same boat as far as I'm concerned.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clipps Make Qualifying offer to DJ

→ Dwight to LA?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!