Gordon now open to resigning (P. 2)

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clipper Rumors
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

^ well, EJ being our better scorer doesnt have to make him our best player. BG is our best player, who toward the end of the season, showed us that he can take games over. ( i forget which game it was, I think it was against indy where he scored 7 straight points to finish the game off)

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

So ur saying rose and westbrook are better shooters than Gordan? Really?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

If that's what you took from my post, I'm wasting my time. You know that's not what I was implying. That was my rebuttal towards your argument that the ball size effected Gordon and supposedly a few other players. If a non shooters improved their shot despite using a smaller ball, there is no way a pure shooter loses his touch. That's a red herring.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Ur disdain for Gordon and Jordan are well documented and it's says alot your basketball acumen to me, but that just my opinion. Kaman is a guy with plenty of skills, but not much brain.

You missed the whole point of the post, so then I will present the question again.

Is Rose a better shooter than Gordon? Westbrook better than Billups?

Please answer this simple question before coming at me again with your opinions you try to make facts.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

My disdain for Gordon is not any different than any other fan's disdain for any player.

And everything I've said about Jordan is true. And everything I've said about Gordon since he was a rookie still holds true. Any fan that says Jordan is better than Kaman is nuts. Any fan that says Jordan has a higher BB IQ than Kaman is nuts. Anyone that says Gordon has above average handles for his position is nuts. In fact, I'll go on the record and say Gordon is arguably the worst ball handler at his position. Anyone that says Gordon can get off a last second shot is nuts. He's never got the last shot off. They've all ended in TO's or never got the shot off.

These are the opinions I hold and I think they're valid.

As far as answering your question, I think I did. You chose to ignore it. If I never insinuated they were better shooters, I don't think you merit an answer.

That part of about my acumen is an opinion, but by the same token, Yours ain't much better...Also an opinion. You couldn't even get the simple fact about who our highest scorer was. Coming to an argument with faulty facts also exemplifies your BBall acumen as well. Just say'n.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

^ BUT Gordon has his some cold blooded shots this year.. So I still think he has a chance to be a game finisher type player

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

I say that Jordan has a higher BBIQ than Kaman because he plays within his game. Kaman doesn't. IF you disagree, I'm sure you will state why.

I don't recall anyone saying Gordon had above handles for his position so I will assume(don't like to do that) that this is one of your sticking points with him. Gordon didn't hit the tying basket against the Wiz? I think he did. That should count as a last second shot, and the stats don't lie. Gordon was the most eff scorer in the 4th quarter for the majority of the season, and I think he finished second after his horrible end.

You didn't really answer either of my questions, but you don't have to. I do respect that you hold steadfast to your beliefs of what you think is best for this team.

I would like to ask one of the questions I asked you on another thread...Your the GM...what moves do you push for...simple enough?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Yup, he is clutch when open. But you know as well as anyone that if he has the ball in his hands during the last minute, he loses the ball before he drives, gets it blocked, or turns it over. C'mon, how many times have we discussed this in the game threads?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

I stand corrected...I mean, it's not like Gordon was the leading scorer for 99% of the season or anything right? Or like he actually has a better scoring arsenal than Griffin, which would make him the better scorer right?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

That's pretty much a backhanded slap if ever I hear one.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Oh, and I forgot, he wasn't open on the shot against the Wiz, he had to pump fake, then take a fadeaway 3...but, that's not clutch.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:

I say that Jordan has a higher BBIQ than Kaman because he plays within his game. Kaman doesn't. IF you disagree, I'm sure you will state why.

So by default, because Jordan lacks any offensive game and doesn't get the ball, he has a higher BB IQ? Does his constant 3 seconds in the key count against him? How about his inability to guard bigs in the paint?

I'm sorry, just because you know your limits, as well as the team, doesn't make you smarter on the floor. No way, no how. That's why VDN inserted Kaman back in the line-up.

Quote:
I don't recall anyone saying Gordon had above handles for his position so I will assume(don't like to do that) that this is one of your sticking points with him. Gordon didn't hit the tying basket against the Wiz? I think he did. That should count as a last second shot, and the stats don't lie. Gordon was the most eff scorer in the 4th quarter for the majority of the season, and I think he finished second after his horrible end.

You didn't really answer either of my questions, but you don't have to. I do respect that you hold steadfast to your beliefs of what you think is best for this team.

No, you don't recall anyone saying he does, but he doesn't. It wasn't a matter of who said it, it was a matter of exemplifying my reasons for why I'm not jocksniffing Gordon. I mean, when you state your opinion about my BBall acumen, I have to rebuttal, right? Well, since you seem to not disagree, let's just say I made a valid point and move on, no? Or is that not enough for you?

Look, I'll be your Huckleberry....I don't think Westbrook or Rose are better shooters than Gordon, but like I said, that's an irrelevant point to the discussion. There I hope I finally amused you with that.

I'm also holding steadfast because I find your questions rather strange. They don't pertain to the discussion. And my opinions are not necessarily about what's best for the team. Not every discussion is about that. In fact, this discussion isn't about what's best for the team. Did I miss something?

Quote:
I would like to ask one of the questions I asked you on another thread...Your the GM...what moves do you push for...simple enough?

In fact, if you're really interested, I posted that today...As a matter of fact. I laid out what we do with the Minny pick, what we do with Kaman, and how we go about getting an SF...Short term, and long term.

Since you like picking people's minds, let's see how interested you are in my opinion. There are various ways to find the post.

Now let me flip the script on you. What would you do if you were GM? I'd sure love to return that favor and dissect your opinion. I'll be sure to back up any argument. Promise.

Oh, and yes, Gordon did hit a 3ptr in the Wizards game. I forgot. The ratio is still bad though.

Also, here are the clutch stats:

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Yup, he is clutch when open.

That's pretty much a backhanded slap if ever I hear one.

One's backhanded slap is another's truth. But I like your vociferousness.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:
Quote:
That part of about my acumen is an opinion, but by the same token, Yours ain't much better...Also an opinion. You couldn't even get the simple fact about who our highest scorer was. Coming to an argument with faulty facts also exemplifies your BBall acumen as well. Just say'n.

I stand corrected...I mean, it's not like Gordon was the leading scorer for 99% of the season or anything right? Or like he actually has a better scoring arsenal than Griffin, which would make him the better scorer right?

Well, most stats are averaged out and adjusted. I'm also sure you know that those % stats are meant to even out at the end of the year, right? So what you are actually doing throughout the year is looking at snapshots, a morsel of the truth, if you will. I'm sure you also know when we had everyone back and beating the best teams and winning like 13-15 in that run, Gordon's numbers actually fell. When Gordon was at his best (best snapshot of the season), we were in the middle of a 9 game losing streak.

Sure he was ranked 7th in scoring at the time but as a team, we were at our worst. That's not my opinion, that's the facts.

Disclaimer: That is not a jab at Gordon, that is my rebuttal.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11297
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
^ BUT Gordon has his some cold blooded shots this year.. So I still think he has a chance to be a game finisher type player

Yup, he is clutch when open. But you know as well as anyone that if he has the ball in his hands during the last minute, he loses the ball before he drives, gets it blocked, or turns it over. C'mon, how many times have we discussed this in the game threads?

yup, if someone sets him up for a shot at the end of the game, he'll pretty much hit it. If he has to create for himself, he turns it over cause his handling sucks. BUT if he doesn't end up turning it over, then he still hits the clutch shot. Basically, he's gotto work on his handles lol

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Optimus, not to continue this any further but I have to defend my "BB acumen".

On those Clutch stats, Gordon is the 3rd worst in TO's. Wasn't that what I've been saying? Those Clutch stats like the one I posted for you were in Points. That doesn't include %'s, TO's, or block shots. This one is TO's.

3rd worst

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT15.HTM

I was just curious

Here is the one for %'s

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT6.HTM

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

clipperstown wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
clipperstown wrote:
^ BUT Gordon has his some cold blooded shots this year.. So I still think he has a chance to be a game finisher type player

Yup, he is clutch when open. But you know as well as anyone that if he has the ball in his hands during the last minute, he loses the ball before he drives, gets it blocked, or turns it over. C'mon, how many times have we discussed this in the game threads?

yup, if someone sets him up for a shot at the end of the game, he'll pretty much hit it. If he has to create for himself, he turns it over cause his handling sucks. BUT if he doesn't end up turning it over, then he still hits the clutch shot. Basically, he's gotto work on his handles lol

Agree. He's pretty much money in those situations. He's especially clutch when trailing in transition and steps up for the three.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

You start out saying not to continue this any further then you continue?

You kindly looked up his turnover stats ignoring the fact that he was still the best shooter in the 4th quarter in the league for the majority of the season.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Actually Gordon was playing his best basketball during our run when Baron decided to actually show up. Part of the problem is you want to lump Gordon's struggles with his bad shooting not taking into account that he was carry most of the playmaking duties upon himself and having to create shots also.

Also during this period we were a top 5 defensive unit...without Kaman...and without Iggy.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Optimus, not to continue this any further but I have to defend my "BB acumen".

On those Clutch stats, Gordon is the 3rd worst in TO's. Wasn't that what I've been saying? Those Clutch stats like the one I posted for you were in Points. That doesn't include %'s, TO's, or block shots. This one is TO's.

3rd worst

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT15.HTM

I was just curious

Here is the one for %'s

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT6.HTM

You start out saying not to continue this any further then you continue?

You kindly looked up his turnover stats ignoring the fact that he was still the best shooter in the 4th quarter in the league for the majority of the season.

Actually, you need to go back to this conversation and realize you disputed what I said about his TO's late in games. I just proved to you EXACTLY what I said. Those were his ending clutch stat. As far as being the best shooter in the 4th qtr most of the season, I'd sure like to know where you got that from. Was that in shooting %? How about points in the 4th? Sorry, I don't see it. I'd sure like to know where you got that from.

Look, I hear a lot of talk about this and that but you've brought nothing to support your case. Everything I said earlier has been linked. And just to show my BBall acumen, I didn't know exactly where he was on that list prior to saying it but I obviously knew he was one of the worst. And yeah, I was pretty spot on...Thank you very much. wink

Miquel
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1853
Location: Barcelona
sp.gif
votes: 16

A big part of our future and present. Definitely someone we should keep on our roster for a long time.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:
Quote:
Well, most stats are averaged out and adjusted. I'm also sure you know that those % stats are meant to even out at the end of the year, right? So what you are actually doing throughout the year is looking at snapshots, a morsel of the truth, if you will. I'm sure you also know when we had everyone back and beating the best teams and winning like 13-15 in that run, Gordon's numbers actually fell. When Gordon was at his best (best snapshot of the season), we were in the middle of a 9 game losing streak.

Sure he was ranked 7th in scoring at the time but as a team, we were at our worst. That's not my opinion, that's the facts.

Actually Gordon was playing his best basketball during our run when Baron decided to actually show up. Part of the problem is you want to lump Gordon's struggles with his bad shooting not taking into account that he was carry most of the playmaking duties upon himself and having to create shots also.

Also during this period we were a top 5 defensive unit...without Kaman...and without Iggy.

Nope. Crunch the numbers. During that time, it was the Blake and BD show. Gordon's numbers didn't spiral, but they sure did drop a bit. Part of the problem is that you want to dispute every single thing I say, well, I'm stumping you at every direction with facts.

You do know those early remarks led me to further this discussion, right? You kept on digging, demanding answers, well, you got them and they are dead on. Maybe not the ones you wanted, but the ones that backed everything I've said. Backed up and served.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Middle of Dec. to end of Jan. Stop lying.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Quote:
Actually, you need to go back to this conversation and realize you disputed what I said about his TO's late in games. I just proved to you EXACTLY what I said.

Please find that for me. Never did I say he didn't turn the ball over. Where are you getting this stuff from.

Quote:
Was that in shooting %? How about points in the 4th? Sorry, I don't see it. I'd sure like to know where you got that from.

TSP% 4th quarter or in late clock situations...I'm not going to do all that leg work for you because it's pretty clear you don't care about it if it doesn't back your pointless points.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

OptimusDimes wrote:
Quote:
Nope. Crunch the numbers. During that time, it was the Blake and BD show. Gordon's numbers didn't spiral, but they sure did drop a bit. Part of the problem is that you want to dispute every single thing I say, well, I'm stumping you at every direction with facts.

You do know those early remarks led me to further this discussion, right? You kept on digging, demanding answers, well, you got them and they are dead on. Maybe not the ones you wanted, but the ones that backed everything I've said. Backed up and served.

Middle of Dec. to end of Jan. Stop lying.

LOL. what does that even mean? Crunch the numbers and put a little effort in this instead of writing random stuff. Get back to me when you have something tangible but until then, don't question me, You've managed to not answer any of my questions ( what would you do as GM), and where did you get the "Gordon was the best 4th player most of the season". I let the stats and inks do my talking.

I'll end this on a proper note:

"it's says alot your basketball acumen to me, but that just my opinion"

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Answer 1. Trade Kaman while he still has some value around the league, especially if we can get Iggy.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

And yet, Gordon has become a complete lynchpin for this team. Between his tap-dancing probes to the paint, reclining floaters, and bomb threes, he’s found a way to take over the team in the moments where a team needs a leader. According to 82games.com, Eric Gordon is the 13th most prolific scorer in the clutch (their definition is “4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points”). But that doesn’t even compare to how good his efficiency is. In that same “clutch” time frame, Gordon shot 55.6 percent from the field and 53.3 percent from beyond the arc making him only one of three players to shoot over 50 percent from the field and the three point line with at least 10 field goal attempts per 48 minutes of crunch time (Paul Millsap and Corey Maggette are the other two).

-From Clipperblog

Was #1 pre-injury

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

That said, Gordon’s season left me wanting more, and it wasn’t just because of his cautious play after the wrist injury (3.5 FTA per game). EJ had been on the steady decline in attacking ever since he lost the reins as the lead guard in November. Baron came back and Gordon not only stumbled offensively but he showed some signs of reverting back to his pre-2010-2011 game. The 10.3 free throw attempts that Gordon averaged as the lead guard in November quickly diminished into 6.0 attempts in December with Baron’s return and 5.7 FTAs in January as a shooting guard, before he even hurt his wrist and missed all of February and came back averaging 4.3 free throw attempts in March and 2.6 in April. -Clipperblog.com

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

And During that stretch between Dec. to the end of Jan. we became a top 5 defensive unit holding apponents to 40% shooting, and that is for your Jordan can't guard anyone who backs him down and Gordon can't guard anyone in the post garba'ge.

Hey, where was Kaman then?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

The 13th most prolific scorer? Hmmm, didn't you say he was number one most of the season? Maggette and Milsap? Not necessarily what you consider clutch players, eh?

No mention that in between those stats he is ranked the 3rd worst in TO's in the clutch?

By the way, I gave you most of that on the links posted. All you had to do was look at them.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

But Clearly your BBall acumen is way better than mine or anyone actually watches basketball like the coaches, or say the GM, or fans or GMs of other teams. It would be silly to think about building a team around a core of Griffin, Gordon, and Jordan.

You are so smart.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Quote:
The 13th most prolific scorer? Hmmm, didn't you say he was number one most of the season? Maggette and Milsap? Not necessarily what you consider clutch players, eh?

And who pray tell would you consider clutch?

Quote:
But ask those same “random basketball fans” about the most clutch player and they’ll probably give the answer of Kobe Bryant (or if they’re more stat savvy, they may say Carmelo, Dirk or Durant). Kobe has hit a ton of huge shots, but at a startlingly less efficient rate(40.2 percent from the field, 35.1 percent from behind the three point line), only scoring more because he took more shots.
-ClipperBlog.com

No mention that in between those stats he is ranked the 3rd worst in TO's in the clutch?

Again, where did I say he didn't turn the ball over? Where did I say he was a finished product?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Well, I never said that, you said that to me. What makes it even more funny, nothing you said was right. Furthermore, instead of forming your own opinions, you took the intellectually expedient route and cut and pasted what someone else said instead of taking the time to form your own ideas. If you actually paid attention, I gave most of those links. That was more for you, not me.

You actually had the gull to bundle yourself with coaches, GMs? Please, I form my own ideas and even if they're wrong, I'll admit it. But you, you read and let others decide where you stand. It doesn't take much to do that. You're the one that came into this thinking you had one on me. Well, as you can see, that was an epic fail.

Good night.

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Quote:
The 13th most prolific scorer? Hmmm, didn't you say he was number one most of the season? Maggette and Milsap? Not necessarily what you consider clutch players, eh?

And who pray tell would you consider clutch?

Quote:
But ask those same “random basketball fans” about the most clutch player and they’ll probably give the answer of Kobe Bryant (or if they’re more stat savvy, they may say Carmelo, Dirk or Durant). Kobe has hit a ton of huge shots, but at a startlingly less efficient rate(40.2 percent from the field, 35.1 percent from behind the three point line), only scoring more because he took more shots.
-ClipperBlog.com

No mention that in between those stats he is ranked the 3rd worst in TO's in the clutch?

Again, where did I say he didn't turn the ball over? Where did I say he was a finished product?

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

Yes, I work smart not hard because I've been down this road before with so call experts of basketball most of can't play a lick and don't know the ins and outs of the game...not saying you of course. I will keep taking the lazy way out when dealing with someone who thinks that 8 years of epic failure should be rewarded with demanding they start or not realizing they are pushing themselves out the door by not being able to play in a system that has clearly changed since their departure.

You supposedly go through all this film to make your videos yet you seem to retain about zero statistical information.

You seem to forget that this is a young team and they will have ups and downs and for all your great "stat crunching" fail to realize, again that most people who get paid to do this do not agree with you so yes, I will put myself with coaches and GMs who are saying the same thing I was saying months ago...Good day to you sir.

Renegade_Clipper
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 66
votes: 2


Repped High Quality Post

when looking at his turnovers in crunch time we see that he's 3rd to last, but did you look at his steals in crunch time? right next door? 2.7. if we all take kobe bryant to be "mr clutch" then wouldn't his 5.5 turnovers and .5 steals in crunch time be worse than gordons 6.3 turnovers and 2.7 steals? to me 3.6 < 5.0.

then you pull the shooting percentages, how does that not help say he's clutch, are you even looking at the people above him on that list?

centers - 9

power forwards - 13

guards - 6

of the 28 players with higher scoring percentages only 6 weren't big men and of the of the 6 guards above him none of them scored even within 10 points of what gordon put up. just because he looks low on the list doesn't mean he is.

if you keep looking down the fg % list the next person to score more points than gordon is monte ellis 28 spots later. (terry is .1 point less but thats still less Wink )

now lets look at the top 3pt shooters by percentage according to this crunch time.

he's 8th, and this is behind a couple of guys who never take 3pt shots and just made them when they did, ie taj gibson, chris bosh, and paul milsap, the three of them took a combined 60 3pointers this year. then you got landry fields, reggie williams and anthony parker. if you want any of them taking the last shot i don't really know what to say to you. then you have delfino, who just shot better during crunch time.

if you're gonna post these links at least look at them

OptimusDimes
Clipper Starter
Posts: 459
votes: 3

I did say TS%

seanrooks
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1364

us.gif
votes: 31

it's unbelievable to me how anybody can hate a player so much. even the guys with the worst attitudes and worst skill or whatever...never seen this kind of hate. and yes, gordon has his flaws--who doesn't? maybe griffin has spoiled us all with his ability to adjust to the league and become an all star in his first year, but it takes time. gordon has improved since his rookie year, and has become a huge part of our team. there really isn't any arguing that. the guy is a hard worker, a team player, a good player. if you are frustrated with his ball handling (most of us are) that's understandable. but then to rant about how everything he does is terrible and he's not clutch and this and that...that's a bit much. he's a very efficient scorer, a good shooter, a decent play maker, a good defender, and if you watched any games this year, he was pretty clutch for the most part. went toe to toe with dwill in that 2OT utah game(including game tying dunk and suffocating D on dwill's last shot). took over that game against sacto when we blew the lead, and he scored like our last 9 points to seal the game. had that clutch 3 over mcgee(not an open shot). yes, he did lose his handle a few times in clutch situations as well, maybe a bit more than most guards. but nobody is perfect. even jordan was stripped of the ball at the end of the game in the 95 ECF.

big_giddy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 634

rp.gif
votes: 4

As per Hollinger stats, He placed 55th among shooting guards in pure point rating and generated the third-lowest rebound rate at his position (and the 10th-worst in all of basketball). Given his strength, the rebound numbers in particular are a huge disappointment.

At this point, his play is awfully reminiscent of former Hornet David Wesley. Gordon is undersized but can handle himself on defense because of superior strength -- in fact, he amassed the lowest foul rate among shooting guards. He has trouble contesting shots, but that's his only liability on D.

I believe Eric Gordon is a decent basketball player and a solid role player on contending teams.

Amen.

ClipThemOff
Clipper Starter
Posts: 933

us.gif
votes: 1

EJ is a starting guard straight up if he knew how to run point. somebody better get him that mentality or he will be 2nd string in the future with whoever

Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1851
votes: 20

damn... i didnt realize there was so much hate for EJ! haha hes clearly our second best player and all of a sudden stat geeks are tearing him up! Oh well.. i like him and am glad hes on our team

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120


Repped High Quality Post

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_03

Whenever I see ClipperJoe losing an argument, it makes me think of this...

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8309

rp.gif
votes: 38

one bd supporter who seems to have a grudge on Ej for calling him out does not equivalent to a lot of hate

jarca
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8309

rp.gif
votes: 38

Renegade_Clipper wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Optimus, not to continue this any further but I have to defend my "BB acumen".

On those Clutch stats, Gordon is the 3rd worst in TO's. Wasn't that what I've been saying? Those Clutch stats like the one I posted for you were in Points. That doesn't include %'s, TO's, or block shots. This one is TO's.

3rd worst

82games /1011/CSORT15

I was just curious

Here is the one for %'s

82games /1011/CSORT6

when looking at his turnovers in crunch time we see that he's 3rd to last, but did you look at his steals in crunch time? right next door? 2.7. if we all take kobe bryant to be "mr clutch" then wouldn't his 5.5 turnovers and .5 steals in crunch time be worse than gordons 6.3 turnovers and 2.7 steals? to me 3.6 < 5.0.

then you pull the shooting percentages, how does that not help say he's clutch, are you even looking at the people above him on that list?

centers - 9

power forwards - 13

guards - 6

of the 28 players with higher scoring percentages only 6 weren't big men and of the of the 6 guards above him none of them scored even within 10 points of what gordon put up. just because he looks low on the list doesn't mean he is.

if you keep looking down the fg % list the next person to score more points than gordon is monte ellis 28 spots later. (terry is .1 point less but thats still less Wink )

now lets look at the top 3pt shooters by percentage according to this crunch time.

he's 8th, and this is behind a couple of guys who never take 3pt shots and just made them when they did, ie taj gibson, chris bosh, and paul milsap, the three of them took a combined 60 3pointers this year. then you got landry fields, reggie williams and anthony parker. if you want any of them taking the last shot i don't really know what to say to you. then you have delfino, who just shot better during crunch time.

if you're gonna post these links at least look at them

agree

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4961
votes: 38

Renegade_Clipper wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Optimus, not to continue this any further but I have to defend my "BB acumen".

On those Clutch stats, Gordon is the 3rd worst in TO's. Wasn't that what I've been saying? Those Clutch stats like the one I posted for you were in Points. That doesn't include %'s, TO's, or block shots. This one is TO's.

3rd worst

82games /1011/CSORT15

I was just curious

Here is the one for %'s

82games /1011/CSORT6

when looking at his turnovers in crunch time we see that he's 3rd to last, but did you look at his steals in crunch time? right next door? 2.7. if we all take kobe bryant to be "mr clutch" then wouldn't his 5.5 turnovers and .5 steals in crunch time be worse than gordons 6.3 turnovers and 2.7 steals? to me 3.6 < 5.0.

then you pull the shooting percentages, how does that not help say he's clutch, are you even looking at the people above him on that list?

centers - 9

power forwards - 13

guards - 6

of the 28 players with higher scoring percentages only 6 weren't big men and of the of the 6 guards above him none of them scored even within 10 points of what gordon put up. just because he looks low on the list doesn't mean he is.

if you keep looking down the fg % list the next person to score more points than gordon is monte ellis 28 spots later. (terry is .1 point less but thats still less Wink )

now lets look at the top 3pt shooters by percentage according to this crunch time.

he's 8th, and this is behind a couple of guys who never take 3pt shots and just made them when they did, ie taj gibson, chris bosh, and paul milsap, the three of them took a combined 60 3pointers this year. then you got landry fields, reggie williams and anthony parker. if you want any of them taking the last shot i don't really know what to say to you. then you have delfino, who just shot better during crunch time.

if you're gonna post these links at least look at them

major reppage. I love it when people refute statements using cold hard facts. Well done.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I'm not going past your first sentence being you didn't get the conversation but I was asked why I'm not sniffing his jock like most people here are. He asked me why I'm not in love with him. I answered it with accurate stats.

That's not hate, that was answering the guy's questions.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Again, I didn't read your post. But I will say this again:

I was asked why I'm not sniffing Gordon's jock like most here. Optimus questioned my acumen so I brought stats that supported the reasons why I'm reserved when it comes to Gordon. When those stats supported my argument, he started to bring up every other stat and move the goal post.

Why was he doing that? Wasn't I answering his question? He couldn't let it go being nothing he said was accurate. So now instead of realizing that I was actually answering his questions, you come at me with more of the same? I wasn't trying top convince anyone of anything, seems you guys are. I supported my case and I don't think I'm asking you to support yours.

Not going in circles anymore. I proved my point, you guys don't need to prove yours.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

jarca wrote:
Jerediscool wrote:
damn... i didnt realize there was so much hate for EJ! haha hes clearly our second best player and all of a sudden stat geeks are tearing him up! Oh well.. i like him and am glad hes on our team

one bd supporter who seems to have a grudge on Ej for calling him out does not equivalent to a lot of hate

It's not a grudge, I've been saying this since his first year, Jarca. I supported my case. When you hate on Kaman, you have a point, when I do it and support it, I'm a hater?

Just your way of getting into another argument, just like Cleepers. I don't take Cleepers seriously, he's a joke. But c'mon Jarca, you know I've been saying the same things since year one about Gordon.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9235

us.gif
votes: 120

clipper*joe wrote:
jarca wrote:
Jerediscool wrote:
damn... i didnt realize there was so much hate for EJ! haha hes clearly our second best player and all of a sudden stat geeks are tearing him up! Oh well.. i like him and am glad hes on our team

one bd supporter who seems to have a grudge on Ej for calling him out does not equivalent to a lot of hate

It's not a grudge, I've been saying this since his first year, Jarca. I supported my case. When you hate on Kaman, you have a point, when I do it and support it, I'm a hater?

Just your way of getting into another argument, just like Cleepers. I don't take Cleepers seriously, he's a joke. But c'mon Jarca, you know I've been saying the same things since year one about Gordon.

A joke?

What is a joke is you bashing on our 2nd best player after defending Baron Davis' atrocious performances for 3 seasons!

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16160
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I looked at just about every stat but I was using the ones to support my points. I didn't bother with everyone of them. If you're going to get into this conversation at least understand the flow of the conversation and put effort in trying to understand it first. If we were talking about steals, I think I would have use that stat to supported my case.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Clipps Make Qualifying offer to DJ

→ Dwight to LA?

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!