O.J. Mayo- "They kinda do a lot of Flopping"

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers Multimedia
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Man, this Clippers stigma is starting to get to me. I don't know if OJ is just feeding off of what few players have said, or this really is what most of the league thinks.

david
Site Admin
Posts: 8930
votes: 43

I actually find it kind of funny- just their way to get into the head of the refs and the Clipper players.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

It's not like he's lying come on, cp3 and blake griffin do flop.

ClipperDe$
Clipper Starter
Posts: 273
votes: 1

Don't see this as a surprise. I love my team but we flop more than anyone else in the league.

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

This is kinda funny. All of a sudden the critics are popping out all over the place. What's next?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I guess we can all agree that that we have a few players who flop but c'mon, a lot of teams flop. And don't you find it funny that all the players making a big fuss about it are either douche bags or have a questionable character? So why is flopping all of a sudden a big deal? Seriously, I think a lot of this was due to the changing of the Lob city name, to flop city. That, and getting all the hype at the start of the season.

Cousins - just a douche all around

Barnes- dirty ass player and a flopper

OJ Mayo- suspended for PEDs

bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 306
votes: 2

i agree.every championship team has floppers.the Lakers had Gasol and Fisher who flop all the time.Kobe overreacts to get calls on a daily basis.it's just smart basketball.if the refs are calling it,i say flop away.besides,there are alot of obvious fouls in which the refs do not call.i don't see Mayo or Cousins pointing those out.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

I personally hate flopping and barnes doesn't flop

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 9648
votes: 22

I say keep flopping if it helps.

I also say who friggin cares.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

lostcity88 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
I guess we can all agree that that we have a few players who flop but c'mon, a lot of teams flop. And don't you find it funny that all the players making a big fuss about it are either douche bags or have a questionable character? So why is flopping all of a sudden a big deal? Seriously, I think a lot of this was due to the changing of the Lob city name, to flop city. That, and getting all the hype at the start of the season.

Cousins - just a douche all around

Barnes- dirty ass player and a flopper

OJ Mayo- suspended for PEDs

I personally hate flopping and barnes doesn't flop

Yes, he does. He did it twice against Lebron this season in Miami.

And he did it against us:

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 354
votes: 0

clipper*joe wrote:
lostcity88 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
I guess we can all agree that that we have a few players who flop but c'mon, a lot of teams flop. And don't you find it funny that all the players making a big fuss about it are either douche bags or have a questionable character? So why is flopping all of a sudden a big deal? Seriously, I think a lot of this was due to the changing of the Lob city name, to flop city. That, and getting all the hype at the start of the season.

Cousins - just a douche all around

Barnes- dirty ass player and a flopper

OJ Mayo- suspended for PEDs

I personally hate flopping and barnes doesn't flop

Yes, he does. He did it twice against Lebron this season when in Miami.

And he did it against us:

yea maybe a few times, but he hasn't earn his stripes to be considered a flopper. When you think of floppers in the nba ppl don't say oh yea matt barnes he's a flopper.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Well, he is a hypocrite for pointing out what he does "sometimes". And a puss for actually crying about it to the media.

Like I said, only douche bags seem to want to cry about it.

Edit:

Oh, and the reason why he hasn't earned his stripes yet is cause he doesn't matter. He's a bench/role player that doesn't have much appeal to fans. In other words, he doesn't matter.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

i'd take matt barnes any day on my team, guy hustles and plays d

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Not me. And I think 8-9 or whatever other teams feel the same as I do. Guy gets blocked on dunks more than any other player I know. he also misses more dunks than he makes. He also is limited in his athleticism that he has to play thug ball to compensate. The only team that seems to be happy with him is the Lakers. I guess he finally found a home.

Oh, and he doesn't play D.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

clipper*joe wrote:
lostcity88 wrote:
i'd take matt barnes any day on my team, guy hustles and plays d

Not me. And I think 8-9 or whatever other teams feel the same as I do. Guy gets blocked on dunks more than any other player I know. he also misses more dunks than he makes. He also is limited in his athleticism that he has to play thug ball to compensate. The only team that seems to be happy with him is the Lakers. I guess he finally found a home.

aren't u the same guy that says sessions isn't a starting pg in this league lol, i get it u hate the lakers but i'd take barnes over simmons anyday of the week. Barnes rebounds, play d and slashes to the basket, he's alot like reggie evans

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

Of those that are crying like little gurls i.e. BARNES, COUSINS, and MAYO; what have they done in their career that gives them the knowledge to critique another player? Do they have rings? Years of being a starter? What gives them credibility? Or are they just cry babies to the media?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

I don't hate the Lakers but I'm sure you're a regular on LG. lol

Anyway, my line of thinking on Sessions is pretty spot on. The Twolves didn't want him after a season. The Cavs actually took on bad contracts to get rid of him. And don't go telling me about the 1st round pick either, that pick is as good as a second rounder. The only reason why the Lakers had a hardon for him is because that was the only guard you could get to a PG that was available. Plus, you couldn't anything better for what you gave up. The guy you wanted, is wearing a Clippers uniform.

As far as Barnes goes, the guy has played on 8 teams in 8 years.

Simmons is a D-leaguer that we got out of necessity. He's a stopgap for the remainder of the season. But if you think Barnes is on par with Simmons, I agree.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

They're haters who are immature, and role players on their teams.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

Haha People/Players are MAD!!! This is great

FightOnRon
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4908
Location: The Darkside
us.gif
votes: 39

My take too. they can flop like fish out of water if it gets us the fouls and helps us win.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

I will stay scrolled down here i will just say did someone say I will take Matt Barnes on my team?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahah haah

He is a horrible player. Dont let his occasional blocks make you think that he is anything more than a bum. He misses layups, he misses dunks, all he does is try to leak out and score layups from the wing on fast breaks but even then he messes up. He misses WIDE OPEN 3s. He never makes an important shot, he usually gets his when the Lakers are up 20 (hence why he has sucked even more this year cause the Lakers are never up 20) ...he makes stupid decisions, he passes cause he sucks. He cant shoot midrange either, he cant dribble, he is arguably the worst Laker to ever put on a uniform. Keep in mind Mike Penberthy was with them

TAKE ALL THAT INTO ACCOUNT

and the fact that he carries himself out on the court like if he is Michael Jordan or even a respectable NBA player. **** Him even more after he talked **** about the Clippers like if he contributed ANYTHING to their team.

Watch him play if you dont believe me, he is horrible and I am surprised when he makes a shot. Most of his points come off wide open layups

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

You hate the lakers like alot of ppl its pretty obvious, I'm a fan of both. what are u even talking about, the cavs wanted to get rid of him because they have two other pg's one who is the number 1 draft pick, there was going to be no minutes for him and he got traded from the twolves cuz they had like 5 pg's. Sessions has improved the lakers guard play big time can score in transition, already has a couple games of 20 and 10, and the lakers could of traded for either felton or crawford both who are playing like crap. Just because u play for 20 different teams doesn't mean you're not a good player, barnes didn't find his niche till he got to golden state. So u dislike hypocrites, dirty players, and thugs? Then how do you feel about Kenyon, Reggie, and Cp3? lol

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Bravo!!!!

See, I ain't the only one seeing this. If he was on this team, Barnes would be carrying Griffin's dirty uniforms to the next city. He'd be kissing BG's ass.

You also make a great point about him talking about the Clippers when he's part of the declining Lakers, post championships. The guy is a scrub.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7266
votes: 80

do we flop? undeniably yes.

do i care? no.

do opponents care? yes.

are refs calling the "flops" fouls? yes.

we win.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

Haha that guy you're agreeing with also said bynum's a bum, i don't take anything he says seriously. If you want to know the real definition of a scrub, just look up ryan gomes

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

Again, Sessions signed a contract and was shipped out after a season. Why did they stock up on PG's when they had Sessions? Why? Cause he couldn't learn the offense. The Cavs had other PG's but why did they dump him for Walton if Sessions was worth keeping? Why? Cause Sessions wasn't worth keeping. He wasn't starting when Mo was there, he wasn't starting when Baron got there. So why wasn't Sessions ever a legit starter for the Cavs? Cause he wasn't and has never been viewed as a starter. As for the Lakers, well, it doesn't take much to get someone better than Fisher. For you guys, sure it's an upgrade. But for the Cavs, Twolves, it wasn't someone who they felt could lead a team.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

No, Bynum isn't a bum. He's a good center in this league. he proved that playing next to Jordan. But what you have twisted, is the fact that you seem to think that agreeing with someone, means you have to agree with them 100% of the time. That's not the case. See, i agreed with you on Bynum, but i think you're wrong about barnes. Barnes is a bum.

lucas26
Clipper Starter
Posts: 324
votes: 0

clipper*joe wrote:
MrB wrote:
Of those that are crying like little gurls i.e. BARNES, COUSINS, and MAYO; what have they done in their career that gives them the knowledge to critique another player? Do they have rings? Years of being a starter? What gives them credibility? Or are they just cry babies to the media?

They're haters who are immature, and role players on their teams.

Yes because our team is made up of elder gentlemen who lead by example seven days a week and twice on Sundays. I'm a fan but I'm not blind. EVERY team has a few. Except for maybe the Spurs. 8)

lucas26
Clipper Starter
Posts: 324
votes: 0

clipper*joe wrote:
lostcity88 wrote:
Haha that guy you're agreeing with also said bynum's a bum, i don't take anything he says seriously. If you want to know the real definition of a scrub, just look up ryan gomes

No, Bynum isn't a bum. He's a good center in this league. he proved that playing next to Jordan. But what you have twisted, is the fact that you seem to think that agreeing with someone, means you have to agree with them 100% of the time. That's not the case. See, i agreed with you on Bynum, but i think you're wrong about barnes. Barnes is a bum.

I disagree on Barnes. You hate playing against him but love playing with him. **cough**Blake Griffin**cough**

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 0

Just because you don't start your first few years in the nba doesn't mean your not a starter. The twolves front office stocked on pg's because they're idiots and mo had already been an established starter there when sessions got there. And who was sessions playing with in minnesota and cleveland not nearly enough talent, guy can rack up assists if he actually has someone to pass it to.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 16193
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 129

maybe a few years ago I wouldn't have minded him on the team but this version of Barnes is horrible. I've never seen a guy miss as many easy plays as he has. If you mean hating to play against him in terms of his thuggery, I disagree. Those fouls are just cause he can't play defense so he takes it out on players. Give me a guy who actually plays defense over a guy who cheapshots.

This is what I hear when he's dunking or laying the ball up:

"wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 354
votes: 0

clipper*joe wrote:
lucas26 wrote:

I disagree on Barnes. You hate playing against him but love playing with him. **cough**Blake Griffin**cough**

maybe a few years ago I wouldn't have minded him on the team but this version of Barnes is horrible. I've never seen a guy miss as many easy plays as he has. If you mean hating to play against him in terms of his thuggery, I disagree. Those fouls are just cause he can't play defense so he takes it out on players. Give me a guy who actually plays defense over a guy who cheapshots.

This is what I hear when he's dunking or laying the ball up:

"wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

matt barnes energy and hustle this year has made an impact on many lakers games this year, you obviously are judging him on the offensive side. He affects the game of basketball in other ways, many games he scores below 10 but gives the lakers extra possessions with his hustle. Ok if barnes is a bum, then what's your opinion on reggie evans im just curious?

lucas26
Clipper Starter
Posts: 324
votes: 0

Lol. Not sure if serious Question

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

barnes is a fake ass wannabe thug. cheap shotting punk. can only beat up on women. case in point the arrest of barnes because he punched his gf in the arm. lol. pathetic piece of s***. joined the flakers because he didnt want to get owned by kobe anymore. it was funny because kobe actually wanted raja bell, but bell doesnt kiss anyone's ass so they had to settle for barnes. lost city88, you say he can shoot and get rebounds, last i checked he was shooting 27 percent from 3. about 38 percent from the field. he hustles, i give u that, but thats because he is a limited talent player in this league. he has to, or else back to the minors. sessions is overrated. yeah hes fast and athletic and has some handle, but he cant defend for s***. any pg with any lateral quickness will kill sessions. examples: nash, dragic, dwill, greivis vasquez, cp3, devin harris, jarrett jack, ebled. so dont make him out to be a good pg in this league. its easy to see it like that if u are a flaker fan since he did replace fisher. that was an upgrade i give u that.

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2361
votes: 13

A very unskilled big man that plays his tail off and brings energy with the second unit.

Barnes reminds me of Odom, just squandered potential.

As for Sessions, you'd be surprised how hard players play when they could potentially receive a contract extension at season's end (Chris Kaman).

sz123456
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2361
votes: 13

I love playing against Barnes, he's awful. And I'd hate playing with him, he and Bynum have displayed very similar mental instability.

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 354
votes: 0

When did i say he can shoot, you try to hard to act hard calm down already. Sessions can hold his own obviously u hate the lakers, so u have a biased opinion. Jarret Jack and nash thank you on the lateral quickness compliment. Devin harris hasn't killed anybody since 2007 and ebled is a starting pg in this league but sessions isn't?

MrB
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2433

us.gif
votes: 18

They had said on the Sat Laker game that the Lakers possessions have gone down since getting Sessions because the other teams are scoring more. The only change has been him. They said they had more possessions with Fisher because he played better defense then Sessions. So they get better offensively with Sessions but worse defensively.

BenjaSands
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1296
votes: 3

Blake Flops, so does chris Paul and so Does Kobe and Gasol

I mean the only reason this comes up is because people are afraid

Shinob
Clipper Starter
Posts: 629
votes: 3

i love that this attention is being put on the Clippers. only thing i can take from all these comments coming from other players. you don't see the bobcats or raptors getting much attention, except the same ol same ol....they suck. lol

clipperAndrew
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1802
votes: 10

You forgot to ask the question...

Do other teams flop? Yes.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

lostcity88 wrote:
bullterrierclipsfan1349 wrote:
barnes is a fake ass wannabe thug. cheap shotting punk. can only beat up on women. case in point the arrest of barnes because he punched his gf in the arm. lol. pathetic piece of s***. joined the flakers because he didnt want to get owned by kobe anymore. it was funny because kobe actually wanted raja bell, but bell doesnt kiss anyone's ass so they had to settle for barnes. lost city88, you say he can shoot and get rebounds, last i checked he was shooting 27 percent from 3. about 38 percent from the field. he hustles, i give u that, but thats because he is a limited talent player in this league. he has to, or else back to the minors. sessions is overrated. yeah hes fast and athletic and has some handle, but he cant defend for s***. any pg with any lateral quickness will kill sessions. examples: nash, dragic, dwill, greivis vasquez, cp3, devin harris, jarrett jack, ebled. so dont make him out to be a good pg in this league. its easy to see it like that if u are a flaker fan since he did replace fisher. that was an upgrade i give u that.

When did i say he can shoot, you try to hard to act hard calm down already. Sessions can hold his own obviously u hate the lakers, so u have a biased opinion. Jarret Jack and nash thank you on the lateral quickness compliment. Devin harris hasn't killed anybody since 2007 and ebled is a starting pg in this league but sessions isn't?

wait, arent u barnes's cousin who supposedly would have backed up barnes and fisher when they pissed of kaman last season?? lol. oh "i try to be hard" says the guy talking smack over the computer. lmao. and yes ebled's potential is much higher than sessions'. thats why he was a 1st rd pick. unless sessions ends up being as good as the old gilbert arenas, old michael redd, manu and monta ellis as 2nd rd steals, i will take ebled any day. he will eventually be a starting caliber pg in this league. will be a backup here because cp3 is here. sessions got stifled and shut down by ebled in the laker game vs us this past week. sessions is the same guy who couldnt beat out ridnour in minny and john salmons in milwaukee. hes the starter for the flakers since blake sucks so bad.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

oj mayo "they kinda do a lot of flopping" says the guy who the twolves traded for kevin love. thats what he is going to be known for the rest of his career. lol.

MKG
Clipper Starter
Posts: 300
votes: 0

As long as we get the calls, who the hell cares?

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ agreed. basketball players are like soccer players, they all flop to get fouls called in their favor. its funny how many of them try to act like they dont flop. its basically if u arent flopping, u arent trying hard enough. lol

loy_vaught_35
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 29
votes: 0

we are the ac milan of basketball...ahahahhah

FightOnRon
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4908
Location: The Darkside
us.gif
votes: 39

I have to admit,,this warms my heart. In years past our team were nobodies and no one cared what we did. We were th eopponents everyone looked forward to on their schedule,,,the ones they would mark off as a sure win.

Now we are good enought that others feel it is thier repsonsibility to bad mouth our team around every corner,,calling us floppers or dirty blah blah blah. Means we have now made it and other teams,,even though they would never ever admit it (nor would thier bandwagon fans) do not look forward to playing us because it is not a win for them that they can mark off thier calander.

Clippers and CLipper NAtion are truly rising and the opponents are worried,,,ha ha.

And a personal note,,I got the call yesterday and I have my seats for next year and playoffs seats for this year. I get to see some of those cry baby fans up close and personal,,,,can't wait.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 9284

us.gif
votes: 121

lostcity88 wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
lostcity88 wrote:
I personally hate flopping and barnes doesn't flop

Yes, he does. He did it twice against Lebron this season when in Miami.

And he did it against us:

yea maybe a few times, but he hasn't earn his stripes to be considered a flopper. When you think of floppers in the nba ppl don't say oh yea matt barnes he's a flopper.

That's because most people have no idea who he is. He's barely earned his stripes to be considered an NBA player.

BenjaSands is absolutely right... all he does is try to leak out for easy layups and dunks... except they're not easy for him. He's a wannabe tough-guy who talks sh*t and does nothing on the court to back it up.

He's dirt cheap and the lakers probably STILL won't re-sign him... that should tell you his value. He owes his "career" to Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson.

For someone who claims to be a fan of both teams, you've spent a lot of time praising Barnes and Sessions and bashing Reggie, K-Mart and Bledsoe.

I think we all see where your loyalties lie.

Paolo310
Clipper Starter
Posts: 797
Location: Los Angeles
rp.gif
votes: 4

I hate it when dudes like this lostcity88 guy is now trying to say he's a fan of both when he is clearly a laker fan lurking around here. This guy is the epitome of someone trying to give himself options so he can abandon ships which ever team lasts longer. The fact that he's saying how we hate the lakers shows the banner we have isn't big enough for this guy apprehend. The only thing lost in this city to me is them f***** FAKERS... **** THE LAKERS!!!!!

lostcity88
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 354
votes: 0

You don't even know me how can you say i'm not a fan of both. I live in LA and i like basketball. I cheer for both teams that happened to play in Los Angeles. I want both teams to do good and if they meet in the playoffs let the better LA team win. I hate it when dude wear shades to try to look tough when they're not

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← LA Times- Stuff Clipper Fans Say

→ Caron Butler puts rookie in his place

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!