Clippers Topbuzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Is Chris Paul taking money to throw games? Log in to check your private messages → Who do you like to be our new GM?
Author   
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270341by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 03:54 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar

Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6Reputation: 1260.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 120

MuteHaitian wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
OK, put yourself in Olshey's shoes then. Why hasn't Olshey had the courage and dignity to leave when an employer is treating him that way? You forget, Olshey has the power to change things...Have the courage to leave. If someone is supposedly treating me bad, I can't make them act the way I want them to. I don't have that power. What I do have is the power to change my situation by leaving and finding other work. I guess he wants his cake and eat it too. If he can't find another job, he can always sit back and take it.

I have the courage to leave, and I'm talking to Portland at the moment. In fact, I'm one of the favorites to land the job. I don't have the power to change DTS, so I hope I land this job. Why aren't you worried?

I'm also not ready to leave my cruel employer. But thank goodness, if I don't get this job, I can always go back to my cruel employer. By the way, my cruel employer knows what I'm doing and he has the nerve to continue to pay me during the slow season of the year...What savagery!

Neil Olshey



                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270342by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 03:55 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Ekker I'm shocked too. Same crew that defended Vinny. It just feels like people want to play Devil's Advocate for some reason right now. We should all be united as anti Donald. He's a scumbag.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270343by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 03:57 PM PST
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar

Posts: 7851

us.gif

Reputation: 516.7 Rep Post +1
votes: 90

Ekker, how do you know beyond any doubt that there hasn't been an offer in place since, say, all-star break... and that Neil didn't say "Thank you Mr. Sterling, but I'll keep working month-to-month and we'll renegotiate in the offseason", knowing that he was one of the favorites for COTY, the media would start leaning on the organization and he could pry more money than he was being offered?

I like Olshey, and while I don't believe he's the messiah that some people seem to think he is, I think he's done a pretty damn good job and that we should keep him.

But if he's asking for a ridiculous sum (let's say, for the sake of argument $25million), but Donald is only offering $5million (again, numbers straight from my arse), then is it really so outlandish for Donald to tell him to go and interview elsewhere, come back with any offer he gets (maybe $10million) and better it ($12million)?

If you're Donald Sterling, you just saved $13million. If you're Neil Olshey, you just made an extra $7million. Everybody wins.

Has nobody here ever made a deal?

                
      Back to top
benoitbenjamin
Post ID: 270344by benoitbenjamin » Jun 01, 2012 - 03:57 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 134
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

If olshey leaves offer job to Billups

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270348by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:01 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Not playing devil's advocate. Your crew just jumps at every little article that comes out. My "crew" is just telling you guys to wait for the outcome. Olshey is not god. DTS is not the devil. Somewhere in the middle is the truth...The truth none of now but the parties involved.

                
      Back to top
MCMB
Post ID: 270349by MCMB » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:01 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
Rep Post +1
votes: 3

Do you think he'd go for it?

                
      Back to top
MuteHaitian
Post ID: 270350by MuteHaitian » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:04 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 580
Location: UCLA
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Thank goodness he didn't find another job. Who else can I pay meaningless pennies to to organize the roster? What? Oh gosh darned it. Portland just picked him up. I guess Vinny can always be GM too. Love that kid.

-DTS

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270351by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:04 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Eric Pincus ‏ @DanielBain25 it's not the clippers it's olshey looking at options i think he'll stay

                
      Back to top
benoitbenjamin
Post ID: 270352by benoitbenjamin » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:06 PM PST
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 134
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

He should consider it Paul has a good relationship with Billups its a no brainer to bring back BG he could also recruit like he did with Martin.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270353by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:06 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

clipper*joe wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Ekker I'm shocked too. Same crew that defended Vinny. It just feels like people want to play Devil's Advocate for some reason right now. We should all be united as anti Donald. He's a scumbag.

Not playing devil's advocate. Your crew just jumps at every little article that comes out. My "crew" is just telling you guys to wait for the outcome. Olshey is not god. DTS is not the devil. Somewhere in the middle is the truth...The truth none of now but the parties involved.

I'm not even going by these articles although they absolutely add fuel to the fire. I've been saying Olshey should have a contract since before season ended. I see this as a bigger issue and not a stand alone one.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270354by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:07 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Eric is a great guy and usually right but let's see what happens. You know me Joe... when I'm wrong I'll always own up to it and apologize for jumping gun. If Olshey gets inked to multi year deal I'll apologize and shut up about Sterling for now.

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 270355by ekker3 » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:07 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7200
Rep Post +1
votes: 77

its still speculation, but doesnt take away from the fact that DTS is a dirty cheapskate.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270356by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:09 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Eric Pincus ‏ @DanielBain25 it's not the clippers it's olshey looking at options i think he'll stay

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270359by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:10 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Well, I have 70 million in player contracts to counter that. You sound like a Lakers fan now.

Also, isn't everything up until this point, just speculation?

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270361by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:10 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7851

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

This has just as much validity as all the speculation that says he's going to Portland... exactly NONE. No disrespect intended, Eric... or to you for posting, Joe.

It's a fluid situation and anything could happen, but I happen to believe that Olshey will be back too.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270362by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:14 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

cleepers wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏ @DanielBain25 it's not the clippers it's olshey looking at options i think he'll stay

This has just as much validity as all the speculation that says he's going to Portland... exactly NONE. No disrespect intended, Eric... or to you for posting, Joe.

It's a fluid situation and anything could happen, but I happen to believe that Olshey will be back.

That was my reason for posting this. Seems like everyone wants to believe everything they read is the god's honest truth so why not throw a wrench into the their thinking?

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270363by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:15 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7851

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏ @DanielBain25 it's not the clippers it's olshey looking at options i think he'll stay

This has just as much validity as all the speculation that says he's going to Portland... exactly NONE. No disrespect intended, Eric... or to you for posting, Joe.

It's a fluid situation and anything could happen, but I happen to believe that Olshey will be back.

That was my reason for posting this. Seems like everyone wants to believe everything they read is the god's honest truth so why not throw a wrench into the their thinking?

Yeah, I see what you were doing there Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08

I've still yet to see a plausible argument to disprove the hypothetical scenario I suggested.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270364by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:19 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Actually, I answered that in a quote right above yours. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_07

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270369by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:21 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7851

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Yeah, I see what you were doing there Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08

I've still yet to see a plausible argument to disprove the hypothetical scenario I suggested.

Actually, I answered that in a quote right above yours. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_07

What quote do you mean? Can you repost your answer?

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270370by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:24 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

its still speculation, but doesnt take away from the fact that DTS is a dirty cheapskate.

Well, I have 70 million in player contracts to counter that. You sound like a Lakers fan now.

Also, isn't everything up until this point, just speculation?

                
      Back to top
JamFan
Post ID: 270371by JamFan » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:25 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2374
Rep Post +1
votes: 22

Ok, I searched every Hoops rumor site I could find, and I don't find one single rumor that says Olshey is in at Portland. The rumors just say he is one of the finalist. On the other hand, the more you read, the more you realize that the Portland job is not a good gig. They have fired like 3 GMs in the last 3 years for .................. doing a good job. Geez Olshey should stay where is is loved by all. He also needs to win a ring, so he is only one or two moves away from getting us to the finals. Give him a raise and let him get to work. We don't need any distractions away from the task at hand.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270376by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:31 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7851

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

clipper*joe wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

its still speculation, but doesnt take away from the fact that DTS is a dirty cheapskate.

Well, I have 70 million in player contracts to counter that. You sound like a Lakers fan now.

Also, isn't everything up until this point, just speculation?

Oh yeah... THAT.

Another thing that people haven't factored in yet is that every dollar Donald saves on Neil's contract is a dollar that could be spent on better players and the inevitable luxury tax we will have to pay for them.

But let's just give Neil a Dunleavy contract and cut players to pay for it.

                
      Back to top
ClipperB23
Post ID: 270377by ClipperB23 » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:34 PM PST
Clipper All-Star


Posts: 2101
Rep Post +1
votes: 19

"Chris Paul will be with me for a lifetime," Sterling said. "And Blake will too. I'm not going to ever let these guys go. They are max players, and so you're going to pay that and keep them." -Donald Sterling

If DTS doesn't keep his word, than you guys can all call him cheap. Think about this, isn't it better to be a business man and be smart with your decisions? Sterling gave Brand a huge contract he didn't deserve was he cheap? He also paid big money to Kaman.

This is the 1st time in Clippers history that we actually have 2 Superstar players, and Sterling the 'dirty cheapskate' is willing to give them both max money not only because they deserve it, but because he's a great business man and he'll make profits from all our playoff victories and championships Very Happy

                
      Back to top
FightOnRon
Post ID: 270378by FightOnRon » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:38 PM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 4221
Location: The Darkside
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Just read an article from another blogger at CBS sports entitled,,,Clips Willing To Let Olshey Walk. I was going to post it until I got to the bottom of the article and the writer called the Clippers owner,,,,Paul Allen,,,,. This is the quality and fact checking that goes into these articles.

                
      Back to top
FightOnRon
Post ID: 270382by FightOnRon » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:41 PM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 4221
Location: The Darkside
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

Or Portland does something insane to see if we will bite,,like offer 10 million a year to him. If they did that,,who would think DTS was nuts for not matching it? I wouldn't blame him or DTS (but I would really blame Portland for sniping him ,,but when he gets fired in a year he could come back).

                
      Back to top
FightOnRon
Post ID: 270383by FightOnRon » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:42 PM PST
CTB MVP X1


Posts: 4221
Location: The Darkside
us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 35

PS: I know Allen owns the Jailblazers,,,but proof read your crap,,man.

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 270384by ekker3 » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:46 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7200
Rep Post +1
votes: 77

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

its still speculation, but doesnt take away from the fact that DTS is a dirty cheapskate.

Well, I have 70 million in player contracts to counter that. You sound like a Lakers fan now.

Also, isn't everything up until this point, just speculation?

lol i never knew clipper fans were supposed to defend DTS.

yes, i know very well that he's willing to shell out money on players ever since he matched Elton and Corey, but that is NOT the case for coaches and front office staff.

                
      Back to top
Hoop
Post ID: 270389by Hoop » Jun 01, 2012 - 04:53 PM PST
Clipper Starter


Posts: 393
Rep Post +1
votes: 0

One or two moves??? You are far from beeing realistic on that.

I am not saying it cant be done next season but for sure its gonna need inbetween 4-7 moves who work out (very) well to do so.

Watch SAS who will make it all the way. They have a packed roster and if you want to pass that sweep even we got, youre gonna need a packed roster, too.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270395by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:04 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

It's not so much about defending him than it is about resorting to that tactic. That's been the theme it seems for Lakers fans this season. Dunleavy, if i recall, got a good contract from DTS.

                
      Back to top
tha_situation
Post ID: 270396by tha_situation » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:09 PM PST
Posts: 175
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

clipper*joe wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Ekker I'm shocked too. Same crew that defended Vinny. It just feels like people want to play Devil's Advocate for some reason right now. We should all be united as anti Donald. He's a scumbag.

Not playing devil's advocate. Your crew just jumps at every little article that comes out. My "crew" is just telling you guys to wait for the outcome. Olshey is not god. DTS is not the devil. Somewhere in the middle is the truth...The truth none of now but the parties involved.

I stopped taking CF86 seriously after he made an avatar bet on insidehoops against the Clippers. We were down in the 4th and instead of supporting the team he was talking all sorts of negative things about the team and a member there said he thought the Clippers could come back and win and CF made an avatar bet with him that the Clippers would lose. He's a hysterical little girl sometimes.

                
      Back to top
cleepers
Post ID: 270400by cleepers » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:12 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7851

us.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 90

Pretty douchey post.

'86 is cool even when I disagree with him.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270404by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:23 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Agreed.

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 270406by david » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:24 PM PST
Site Admin
Posts: 8027
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

FYI personal attacks are not allowed here- here are the site rules and guidelines for your reference:

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -1593.html

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 270407by david » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:26 PM PST
Site Admin


Posts: 8027
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

lol i never knew clipper fans were supposed to defend DTS.

yes, i know very well that he's willing to shell out money on players ever since he matched Elton and Corey, but that is NOT the case for coaches and front office staff.

It's not so much about defending him than it is about resorting to that tactic. That's been the theme it seems for Lakers fans this season. Dunleavy, if i recall, got a good contract from DTS.

Yeah but didn't DTS try to not honor his contract after he was fired? I forget or never found out what the result was of that whole mess.

                
      Back to top
ekker3
Post ID: 270411by ekker3 » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:33 PM PST
CTB MVP X2


Posts: 7200
Rep Post +1
votes: 77

clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

lol i never knew clipper fans were supposed to defend DTS.

yes, i know very well that he's willing to shell out money on players ever since he matched Elton and Corey, but that is NOT the case for coaches and front office staff.

It's not so much about defending him than it is about resorting to that tactic. That's been the theme it seems for Lakers fans this season. Dunleavy, if i recall, got a good contract from DTS.

is a contract really a contract if DTS fails to knowledge it? there's a reason he was sued.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270416by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:43 PM PST
CTB MVP X3
 Avatar


Age: 28
Posts: 14879
Reputation: 981.6Reputation: 981.6 Rep Post +1
votes: 86

tha_situation wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Ekker I'm shocked too. Same crew that defended Vinny. It just feels like people want to play Devil's Advocate for some reason right now. We should all be united as anti Donald. He's a scumbag.

Not playing devil's advocate. Your crew just jumps at every little article that comes out. My "crew" is just telling you guys to wait for the outcome. Olshey is not god. DTS is not the devil. Somewhere in the middle is the truth...The truth none of now but the parties involved.

I stopped taking CF86 seriously after he made an avatar bet on insidehoops against the Clippers. We were down in the 4th and instead of supporting the team he was talking all sorts of negative things about the team and a member there said he thought the Clippers could come back and win and CF made an avatar bet with him that the Clippers would lose. He's a hysterical little girl sometimes.

You should get your story straight. You're talking about the game against the Hornets where the Clippers were down 13 in the 4th at Staples... and I said the game was over. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. That was during the stretch where they were losing left and right and falling apart in March. Not to mention I had every right to call out the players for lazy play and lack of effort. They played like a bunch of zombies with no heart.

Read the rules David posted because we have a zero tolerance policy on trolling.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270417by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:44 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

BTW thanks Joe and and Cleepers. Even when we disagree I like and respect you both greatly.

                
      Back to top
clipperboy24
Post ID: 270418by clipperboy24 » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:45 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4657
Rep Post +1
votes: 37

david wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:
ekker3 wrote:

lol i never knew clipper fans were supposed to defend DTS.

yes, i know very well that he's willing to shell out money on players ever since he matched Elton and Corey, but that is NOT the case for coaches and front office staff.

It's not so much about defending him than it is about resorting to that tactic. That's been the theme it seems for Lakers fans this season. Dunleavy, if i recall, got a good contract from DTS.

Yeah but didn't DTS try to not honor his contract after he was fired? I forget or never found out what the result was of that whole mess.

yeah, it went to court and somehow the court ruled in Donald's favor and he only had to pay part of the year. He is the only owner in any sport that I can think of who has done that. His business tactics are shameful and a black eye on Clipps fans.

                
      Back to top
divinebeast
Post ID: 270423by divinebeast » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:54 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 450
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

"yeah, it went to court and somehow the court ruled in Donald's favor and he only had to pay part of the year. He is the only owner in any sport that I can think of who has done that. His business tactics are shameful and a black eye on Clipps fans."

Part of the reason I think Sterling might be reluctant to sign anyone to a long term contract IS the Dunleavy situation

Here's a guy who was a bafoon

Probably worse than Vinny

Had one good season with us and he can't be fired for a lack of performance

Personally I hate the idea of a contractual obligation where neither party can walk away when they please and obviously that's not unique to the NBA

at the same time Neil is responsible for the very changing of the Clippers culture

From setting up meetings with Lebron's CAA agency to getting Paul to LA I think he can be trusted and I think Sterling will match whatever offer he gets

                
      Back to top
clippermitch
Post ID: 270424by clippermitch » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:54 PM PST
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1391
Rep Post +1
votes: 4

Call me crazy but I like what DTS is trying to do with month to month, year to year contracts. At least for players.

Everytime a player gets paid, they go in tank mode. You ever wonder why players do their best in contract years?

Anyways, I've learned over the years to just roll with this team. Whether our PG is CP3 or Smush Parker, the only thing constant is DTS.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270425by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:55 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Yes, but the contract was given. It was also Dunleavy who stepped down from his position the he was contracted to do. Yeah, Sterling pulled a Sterling in the end but my point was that Sterling did give out a big contract.

                
      Back to top
clipper*joe
Post ID: 270427by clipper*joe » Jun 01, 2012 - 05:58 PM PST
CTB MVP X3


Posts: 14818
Location: los angeles
calif.gif

Rep Post +1
votes: 120

Donald had a case. Dunleavy stepped down from his position and felt he should be payed for a position he wasn't contracted to do.

Contracts, they're funny sometimes.

                
      Back to top
divinebeast
Post ID: 270431by divinebeast » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:00 PM PST
Clipper Starter
Posts: 450
Rep Post +1
votes: 5

Another thing I don't get

How come guys like Dunleavy get a free pass when they underperform and it's chalked up to "oh Sterling's a scumbag not fulfilling his contractual obligations" but almost everyone attacks guys like Rashard Lewis or Gilbert Arenas on much more massive contracts who are now being paid to warm the bench for other teams

There's all this talk about the NBA needed non guaranteed contracts for players well what about coaching staff? what about executives like Otis Smith or Billy King who make moronic move after moronic move?

                
      Back to top
tha_situation
Post ID: 270433by tha_situation » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:02 PM PST
Posts: 175
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Excuse me use of the word "girl", but he does act hysterical at times. As for the rest of my original post, it's all true. He was hysterical and gave up on the Clippers and made a bet against them. Those are the facts and I just posted up the truth.

BTW, David- Cleepers said my post was douchey, I want to know if that's considered a personal attack or not?

                
      Back to top
tha_situation
Post ID: 270434by tha_situation » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:06 PM PST
Posts: 175
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Did you or did you not make an avatar bet against the Clippers? I don't know of a single self respecting fan who'd do something like that.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270435by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:06 PM PST
CTB MVP X3

Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

Situation keep instigating and you'll find yourself banned. You literally came here with a purpose to instigate it seems.

                
      Back to top
tha_situation
Post ID: 270436by tha_situation » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:08 PM PST
Posts: 175
Rep Post +1
votes: 1

Wow dude, threatening to ban me because you bet against your own team? Wow.

                
      Back to top
TheDude
Post ID: 270440by TheDude » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:13 PM PST
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar

Posts: 2596

wz.gif

Reputation: 249.8 Rep Post +1
votes: 30

Good point, it's not a good situation up there. Neil is smart, he's gained a lot of respect in only a year. It would be short sighted for him to bail now because the Blazers offer him a little more money. You're going up there to work for an owner that continually fires good GM's and also is known to mettle in decisions as much as any owner in the league. He'll veto your move and then fire you for not doing it. The other thing is it's pretty much guaranteed that this team is going to get even better next year and more than likely we'll lock up these two starts and begin a run of 5-10 years of contending...If he takes another step or two, or even better if we can actually get to the finals in the next couple years, Neil will be literally one of the most sought after GM's in the NBA...His value is going to continue to rise and he could get an even better gig in 2014 if he really wanted to leave.

Unfinished business here, he won't leave at least not yet.

                
      Back to top
Clippersfan86
Post ID: 270443by Clippersfan86 » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:21 PM PST
CTB MVP X3



Posts: 14879
Rep Post +1
votes: 86

tha_situation wrote:
Clippersfan86 wrote:
Situation keep instigating and you'll find yourself banned. You literally came here with a purpose to instigate it seems.

Wow dude, threatening to ban me because you bet against your own team? Wow.

That's not what it's about. It's about you coming here and calling me a girl and continuing the issue when warned to chill about it. Whatever personal vendetta you have you need to let it go.

                
      Back to top
david
Post ID: 270444by david » Jun 01, 2012 - 06:23 PM PST
Site Admin
 Avatar

Posts: 8027
Reputation: 448.4 Rep Post +1
votes: 37

No because he was talking about the post. If he said YOU were "douchey", then yeah it'd be a personal attack. BTW trolling another member is not allowed either. Appreciate it!

                
      Back to top
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic
← Is Chris Paul taking money to throw games? Log in to check your private messages → Who do you like to be our new GM?


← Is Chris Paul taking money to throw games?

→ Who do you like to be our new GM?

Related Topics
Topic Replies Posted
No new posts If Clippers vs Trail Blazers in Playoffs, Who Will Win? 16 Feb 17, 2014 - 02:38 PM
No new posts Clippers vs Trail Blazers Game Thread 2014-02-12 543 Feb 12, 2014 - 01:41 AM
No new posts Clippers Vs. Blazers Official Game Thread 2013-12-26 786 Dec 26, 2013 - 09:49 AM
No new posts Would Things Be Better if Olshey Was Still GM 38 Dec 05, 2013 - 09:55 AM
No new posts Medals for the Game Vs. Blazers (Pre-Season) 2 Oct 19, 2013 - 12:04 AM


register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!