CP3 Talks Clippers, Free Agents, & Recruiting

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135
 
A lot of players have gone from small-market teams to bigger cities and they are usually not popular among fans in their original NBA cities. It's not your case in New Orleans. Why do you think is that, that you are still popular over there? CP: You know, it's not about me, being popular in New Orleans. I'll always love the city of New Orleans. Even though I don't play there right now, I'm always there, I always go back. I have an after-school program there that is for kids in inner-city schools. I want to try to remain involved in....

Please log in to view the entire post.


CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5072
votes: 13

Wow, didn't know we had one of the best FOs, but now there's no doubt with the moves we made, as said above!


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

We don't have a front office.


john4clips89
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 22
votes: 1

ClipYourWings wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
Wow, didn't know we had one of the best FOs, but now there's no doubt with the moves we made, as said above!

We don't have a front office.

why cant guys be more positive?? No one on this forum should be complaining about anything. Two of the best off seasons in franchise history the last two years!


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10335

us.gif
votes: 138

ClipYourWings wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
Wow, didn't know we had one of the best FOs, but now there's no doubt with the moves we made, as said above!

We don't have a front office.

Yeah, Olshey literally tore it down and had it shipped to Portland. I guess Donald, Sacks, Roeser and Vinny are working from their cars in the Playa Vista parking lot. roll


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

john4clips89 wrote:
why cant guys be more positive?? No one on this forum should be complaining about anything. Two of the best off seasons in franchise history the last two years!

This has nothing to do with the fact that we do not have a front office.

cleepers wrote:
Yeah, Olshey literally tore it down and had it shipped to Portland. I guess Donald, Sacks, Roeser and Vinny are working from their cars in the Playa Vista parking lot. roll

A coach should never have a hand in handling the roster, especially one as incompetent as Del Negro. Does Dunleavy ring any bells? Roeser and Sacks are on Sterling's payroll, but they have zero managing credentials.

Again -- we don't have a front office.


apostle
Clipper Starter
Posts: 618
votes: 3

^^Cleepers; Olshey tore it down and basicallt ditched us but he's allready shown with the Phil Jackson mess and some bad moves(not trading Batum for Derrick Williams and 2 first round picks for Batum). But he did know talent just look at his draft picks Eric Gordon,Blake Griffin,Bledsoe,DJ<2nd round even Al Fariq Aminu I think is going to be a solid pro,Now at Portland he got Liilard and stole Papanikolaou from the knicks for Felton so althhough we don't like him as Clipper fans now,I think he's great for a rebuilding franchise but he will be missed when it comes to us(Clippers)adding young talent the next few years


BringMcadooBackado
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 132
votes: 5

How do you spell the sound of a baby crying?

Back to this thread. CP3 seems pretty happy with Olshey leaving, Del Negro GM'ing and Sterling being the owner.

If he's good, I'm good.


MrHill
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 659
Location: In the heart of Clipper Country
us.gif
votes: 3

ClipYourWings wrote:

cleepers wrote:
Yeah, Olshey literally tore it down and had it shipped to Portland. I guess Donald, Sacks, Roeser and Vinny are working from their cars in the Playa Vista parking lot. roll

A coach should never have a hand in handling the roster, especially one as incompetent as Del Negro. Does Dunleavy ring any bells? Roeser and Sacks are on Sterling's payroll, but they have zero managing credentials.

Again -- we don't have a front office.

I disagree to an extent; I do believe a coach should have some say in who he wants to coach, but ultimately the general manager/VP/president or whomever's in charge of basketball operations will make the final decision. Given that Vinny already had some front office experience as the assistant GM under Bryan Colangelo in Phoenix (who, in my opinion, is vastly overrrated; he only got the GM job in Phoenix because his father owned the Suns), I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dunleavy is a different case in that he's an egomaniac, and Sterling essentially gave him power over the basketball ops (and underminding Elgin Baylor in the process--which more or less was a blessing in disguise). I can honestly say that these offseason moves were pretty good, but overwhelmingly great either. I don't think at all that the front office is done; we'll likely see some guys from the Summer League team get training camp invites, and compete for a roster spot.


Phu7
Clipper Starter
Posts: 508
votes: 4

CP3 is always going to say the right things. He praised the wonderful history of the Clippers during his welcome press conference.


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

There is no phonetic transcription for the sound a baby makes when it cries.

There is, however, one for the word "moron" which describes you perfectly.


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

Del Negro has some say in the make-up of the roster---as far as handling it, he should have zero involvement. He has proven for 2 years now to be an incompetent coach with a menial understanding of roster management as evidenced by his desire to sign "shooters" for this team during the off-season. I firmly believe the position of the General Manager and head coach work as separate identities and consult as such. Anything other than that is inviting trouble.

The power a coach-manager would have over a player is unfathomable. Its premise is as stupid as a player-coach.

I have never had any love for Odom (based on his offer sheet fiasco, which many people seem to selectively forget) and his weak mentality, and Crawford is an over-the-hill inefficient ball stopper. The one decent signing we have made is Grant Hill.

Amnestying Ryan Gomes has been the best move this franchise has made all year.


Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2022
votes: 26

How is Crawford over the hill yet your happy about grant hill who's like 7 years his senior?

#namedropper


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

Grant Hill doesn't shoot 38% from the field and his contract isn't worth $16 million over 4 years.


BringMcadooBackado
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 132
votes: 5

ClipYourWings wrote:
BringMcadooBackado wrote:
How do you spell the sound of a baby crying?

Back to this thread. CP3 seems pretty happy with Olshey leaving, Del Negro GM'ing and Sterling being the owner.

If he's good, I'm good.

There is no phonetic transcription for the sound a baby makes when it cries.

There is, however, one for the word "moron" which describes you perfectly.

Yep. I'm a moron because I'm tired of a small group of people on this site who blindly hate Vinny Del Negro as though he were some bearded vagrant who stumbled into the front office and was given a job.

I understand that we all want someone we can point a finger at if CP3 leaves or problems occur, but for now, everything is going fine.

Instead of taking things so personally, let's just reason these things out. Not all jabs are aimed squarely at you.


ClipYourWings
Clipper Starter
Posts: 467

ca.gif
votes: 5

BringMcadooBackado wrote:
Yep. I'm a moron because I'm tired of a small group of people on this site who blindly hate Vinny Del Negro as though he were some bearded vagrant who stumbled into the front office and was given a job.

I don't "blindly" hate Del Negro. I have seen him manage this team for 2 years now, and the only conclusion we can logically come to is that he is an awful head coach.

Quote:
I understand that we all want someone we can point a finger at if CP3 leaves or problems occur, but for now, everything is going fine.

Instead of taking things so personally, let's just reason these things out. Not all jabs are aimed squarely at you.

If your 'crying baby' remark wasn't directed at me, then I apologize for my statement.


BringMcadooBackado
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 132
votes: 5

I won't argue with you on your opinion about Vinny because I've had some doubts about him as well, but I think he earned himself another year by leading the team to the best record in the history of the franchise, rallying the team after they almost mutinied...

I'm just tired of having this conversation, I guess.

The baby thing was partially directed at you, so I'll take the "moron" tag. It's not the first time I've worn it.


hoopfanjd31
Clipper Starter
Posts: 724
votes: 3

ClipYourWings wrote:
BringMcadooBackado wrote:
Yep. I'm a moron because I'm tired of a small group of people on this site who blindly hate Vinny Del Negro as though he were some bearded vagrant who stumbled into the front office and was given a job.

I don't "blindly" hate Del Negro. I have seen him manage this team for 2 years now, and the only conclusion we can logically come to is that he is an awful head coach.

I certainly don't think that VDN is a great coach and he may not even be good, but I don't think his performance while here justifies him being labelled as "awful." His first year there were extensive injuries to all of our "best" players other than Griffin. That aside, with Griffin only a rookie, that team probably just flat out wasn't talented enough to make the playoffs in the West. Under the circumstances, our record that season probably was just a little worse than it should of been, IMO.

His second year, we had the best winning percentage in franchise history, won a playoff series and then lost to a team that was just better. I don't think all that would have happened under an "awful" coach. Even if Phil Jackson or George Karl was coaching the team last season, I don't think we get past the Spurs, especially when considering neither BG nor CP were 100% healthy.

Given these facts, it is not particularly "logical" to say that VDN is an "awful" coach. But you're entitled to your opinion.


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135


Repped High Quality Post

Well, his first year, he had Gordon and Bledsoe leading the team as our PG's. Yes, we sucked until we had a healthy squad. What happened next, was that we became the hottest team in the league in a span of 20-25 games. That ended when we lost some players to injury...Again. That was Vinny's first year.

In case you didn't notice, we just came off of our best season in terms of winning %. I don't care what anyone says, VDN had something to do with that. When the team lost Billups, and VDN was on the brink of losing his job, the team stepped it up. They could have made so VDN got fired but the team worked their asses off to get back on track.

There are players that we got that seem to like and respect Vinny. The most important thing for a coach is that the players respect and buy into the coach. He's got that based on the quotes of the new, and old players. I don't see a problem here but obviously, there is a faction amongst the fanbase that think...Errr...KNOW...VDN doesn't know how to coach. I Have read a lot on this but when it comes down to make an argument....THEY JUST KNOW.


john4clips89
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 22
votes: 1

ClipYourWings wrote:
john4clips89 wrote:
why cant guys be more positive?? No one on this forum should be complaining about anything. Two of the best off seasons in franchise history the last two years!

This has nothing to do with the fact that we do not have a front office.

cleepers wrote:
Yeah, Olshey literally tore it down and had it shipped to Portland. I guess Donald, Sacks, Roeser and Vinny are working from their cars in the Playa Vista parking lot. roll

A coach should never have a hand in handling the roster, especially one as incompetent as Del Negro. Does Dunleavy ring any bells? Roeser and Sacks are on Sterling's payroll, but they have zero managing credentials.

Again -- we don't have a front office.

Who is making all these deals happen? Clipper Darrel? We do have a front office.

CP: My thing was, first of all, this is a first-class organization. Our front office and our staff is one of the best in the league. I also was just telling them how fun it would be to play with me, Blake [Griffin], DeAndre [Jordan] and Caron Butler.


ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
 Avatar
Posts: 1926
votes: 12

ClipYourWings wrote:
BringMcadooBackado wrote:
Yep. I'm a moron because I'm tired of a small group of people on this site who blindly hate Vinny Del Negro as though he were some bearded vagrant who stumbled into the front office and was given a job.

I don't "blindly" hate Del Negro. I have seen him manage this team for 2 years now, and the only conclusion we can logically come to is that he is an awful head coach.

Quote:
I understand that we all want someone we can point a finger at if CP3 leaves or problems occur, but for now, everything is going fine.

Instead of taking things so personally, let's just reason these things out. Not all jabs are aimed squarely at you.

If your 'crying baby' remark wasn't directed at me, then I apologize for my statement.

This is one man opinion. But honestly, how can you not give Vinny any credit, I think he did a decent job of coaching even if some of his decision is questionable. Vinny deserve one more year and this year will make or break. So before we all go on a conclusion that Vinny is a horrible coach, this and that, let him show you that he capable doing his job. I'm cheering for Vinny here to get this job done.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

Chris Paul is directly the reason the clippers had the best winning percentage in franchise history. Not Del Negro and not Blake.


CP3Best
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5072
votes: 13

You can't count Blake out. Blake is good too!


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

He was also part of our worst run of the season. Losing Billups hurt CP3's game. CP3 was also a big part on why we got swept against the Spurs. On the other hand, VDN's rotations against the Grizz won us that series.


puddnhead83
Clipper Starter
Posts: 816
Location: San Francisco
votes: 3

Chris Paul is directly the reason the Hornets lost by 58 points to the Nuggets in the Playoffs in 2009.

You have to take the good with the bad.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

Clippers record with Chris Paul: 40-26

Clippers record without Chris Paul: 32-50

Billups was injured longer than the clippers had him, Butler played like garbage the second half of the season, and Blake regressed. If you guys watched the games, you know the Chris Paul was the one saving this team in the 4th quarter time and time again. The clippers should have kept Olshey or hired somebody who knows what to do and put the right pieces around Chris Paul so that he and the clippers aren't swept again next year.

I like Blake and I like the other clipper players but I'm not gonna pretend that Paul wasn't the sole reason this team made the playoffs. The West is deep, and the clippers don't even sniff the playoffs without CP3.


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

We also had a deeper bench with CP3. We also went out and got players Billups recruited. Olshey's best solo move was Young. We had already agreed to keep Olshey but he went back on his word and left.

As far as keeping Olshey to fill out the bench to support CP3, he cluttered the team with guards. He filled out the bench with undersized bigs. Plus, he isn't doing a great job in Portland. He just used great picks other GM's gifted him. As far as getting FA's, he hasn't done a thing. He's having trouble keeping the old core together as it is.

We did a wonderful job so far. On paper, this is the best the Clippers have ever looked. It's more astounding when you think the GM slot is empty.


TheDude
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2873

wz.gif
votes: 31

^^^^Sacks and Vinny have truly done more in the past month than Olshey did in a year. The CP3 trade did take some savvy in regards to talking directly to him and making him comfortable with picking up his option year but the fact remains that we basically had no competition in regards to the shear quantity of assets available to make a trade like that....Plus Sterling obviously had his heart set on the Minny pick and EG. Not really an amazing accomplishment as a lot of those assets were accumulated before his time.

I'm thrilled and honestly amazed at how well they've done. I was one that was seriously concerned about what would happen after Olshey left and those guys have proven capable and aggressive. Tip of the cap.


bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

puddnhead83, i agree. i give paul credit for winning games single-handedly and carrying the clips along with bg to the 2nd rd of the playoffs, but u are right, he did cost us games at times. his ego came out at times, particularly in a late season game versus the suns, where he wanted to not only beat steve nash, but he wanted to humiliate nash and forgot about playing with the team and tried to make it into a paul vs nash matchup. he did that versus the spurs in the playoffs, he tried to make it into paul vs parker, even with paul being at less than 80 percent. instead of focusing on leading the team. however, even through all this, people are right, without cp3, we wouldnt have made the playoffs, let alone the 2nd rd. so i take the good with the bad, because we got better with cp3 being our pg.


FightOnRon
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5564
Location: The Darkside
us.gif
votes: 43

ClipYourWings wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
Wow, didn't know we had one of the best FOs, but now there's no doubt with the moves we made, as said above!

We don't have a front office.

That's because CP3 IS the front office. As long as he is happy,,I am happy.


puddnhead83
Clipper Starter
Posts: 816
Location: San Francisco
votes: 3

I don't doubt the team got much better because of cp3 but he is not directly the reason. The roster upgrade and a season of development for BG and bledsoe and the coaching.


mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2662
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

DJ and BG need to holla @ Hakeem.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

So first you say we had a deeper team with CP3 and then you say Olshey cluttered the team with guards/undersized bigs? Kind of contradicting.....

And my point wasn't to praise Olshey, it was that we should have hired a GM by now.

I know you try to keep things in perspective but you're going out of your way to talk about what a terrible job Olshey is doing and how great a job the clippers are doing. And they're rebuilding, what old core are you talking about? Crawford/Felton/Camby? lol they're building around LMA/Batum/Lillard right now. Olshey offered a Max contract to Hibbert because there was literally no other way to get him. Not saying Hibbert is worth that money but that's the only way to get restricted FAs to come. If you haven't noticed, free agents tend to go to LA/NY before they go to Portland.

Instead of signing young players who actually performed well last year, the clippers brought in a bunch of old players who played like crap last year.


FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2104
Location: LA
votes: 16

yeah guys I was wondering since BG got injured, is he still gonna get lessons from Hakeem?


apostle
Clipper Starter
Posts: 618
votes: 3

^^^It's as simple as that


Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4839

us.gif
votes: 11

apostle wrote:
MCMB wrote:
Chris Paul is directly the reason the clippers had the best winning percentage in franchise history. Not Del Negro and not Blake.

^^^It's as simple as that

It helps ALOT... But you cant say we are as good a team without Blake... Blake is the sole reason why Chris paul still here. He is the reason why he picked up his 2nd year. He could have been a 1 year rental.

::side note:: Dont worry about Clipyourwings.. he's always been negative.

Thank you "FRONT OFFICE" that we do have.. Obviously some people cant help but try to find negatives in positive situations. Baffles me how they are even Clipper fans.


Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4839

us.gif
votes: 11

ClipYourWings wrote:
CP3Best wrote:
Wow, didn't know we had one of the best FOs, but now there's no doubt with the moves we made, as said above!

We don't have a front office.

Yea. The sandman sneaked into everyone's house and sprinkled magical pixey dust on all of our faces and we are dreaming. Moves like Lamar Odom trade, Chauncey Billips resigning, grant hill signing, Jamal Crawford signing, Blake Griffin extenstion are all figments of our immagination in our dreams.... pffft there's no front office... who are we kidding. Were all dreaming.. Now where's the part where I fly away into the sunset with a beer in my left hand and a m60 in my right shooting at all the alien godzilla monsters with a hot chick riding on my back.


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

No no no. You used the season (pre-Cp3) in contrast to the CP3 season. I said the CP3 season was deeper than the pre- CP3 season. Even though we were cluttered with guards, it was still deeper, and way more experienced. So how is it contradicting? We had Evans and Martin who although were undersized, made the team deeper. Who did we have prior to that? DJ and Jarron Collins? Rhino and Diogu part of the season? Aminu, Rasual, Gomes starting? Again, how is what I said contradicting?

Batum wanted to go to the Twolves and asked not to match. Lilliard isn't the core. I said trying to keep the core together. Batum is their core and second best player. Lilliard was a gift from the previous GM who made moves to put Olshey in a nice position to good players. Trading away Gerald Wallace for a top pick wasn't Olshey, it was a gift.

I'm happy with our acquisitions. Some writers also think we're the top team from 1-10. Call it what you want, I think you're pretty much in the minority.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
 Avatar
Posts: 229
votes: 3

^ So you thought Olshey did a good job? If the team with CP3 was "deep". That's literally what you're saying. You keep talking about how terrible Olshey is but turn around and talk about how deep the clippers were. And do you know Batum personally? You know that he wants to be in Minnesota? And I guess Olshey just can't win in your book, WTF do you want to hear? They're rebuilding around LMA/Batum and drafted Lillard I dont get how he's miserably failing. He's doing. his. job. All I said was that it would have been nice to either keep Olshey or just have a GM at all.

Oh, and pre-CP3 you forgot guys named ERIC GORDON, chris Kaman, and Aminu. Mo/Baron and Bledsoe were also on the team.

Chris Paul single-handedly won the clippers 10-15 games this season. Without those wins, the clippers don't make the playoffs.

Why the **** is everybody so sensitive around here? Cant say anything that isn't "GREAT JOB BOYS! Olshey sucks! and so does Brand! We're gonna win it all this season because Blake will posterize Gasol!!!"

Are you guys gonna call me a flaker fan because Im being pessimistic? You guys obviously didn't watch Jamal Crawford/Lamar Odom/Chauncey Billups play last season. All of them played poor D and shot under 40%. I have no idea how they make the clippers contenders. Grant Hill played well last year but is about to turn 40.

If the clippers win it all next season or at least make the WCF, I'll delete my profile.


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

MCMB wrote:
^ So you thought Olshey did a good job? If the team with CP3 was "deep". That's literally what you're saying. You keep talking about how terrible Olshey is but turn around and talk about how deep the clippers were. And do you know Batum personally? You know that he wants to be in Minnesota? And I guess Olshey just can't win in your book, WTF do you want to hear? They're rebuilding around LMA/Batum and drafted Lillard I dont get how he's miserably failing. He's doing. his. job. All I said was that it would have been nice to either keep Olshey or just have a GM at all.

Nice try, this is your second time you try and twist words. I guess my disclaimers (i.e. undersized bigs, guard clutter) don't come across with you. Again, just cause I am saying last season was deeper compared to the team before CP3, doesn't mean I think Olshey put the right pieces where we needed them the most. I suggest you re-read my last post.

Quote:

Oh, and pre-CP3 you forgot guys named ERIC GORDON, chris Kaman, and Aminu. Mo/Baron and Bledsoe were also on the team.

Yeah, Eric Missed 25 games. Baron missed 25 games. Kaman played less than 25 games. Bledsoe sucked most of the season. When you wanted to compare both teams' records, did you factor this is in? No, you didn't.


Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4839

us.gif
votes: 11

^Winning lol


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

MCMB, If I say that the CP3 team was DEEPER than the Baron & EJ team, that doesn't mean that I think it was a deep team in general. It means it was deeper than the Baron and EJ led team. Take what I say at face value, don't twist this around. This upcoming team is deeper than last season. And yes, this is a deep team at all positions, not just at the guard position.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

clipper*joe wrote:

We also had a deeper bench with CP3. We also went out and got players Billups recruited. Olshey's best solo move was Young. We had already agreed to keep Olshey but he went back on his word and left.

As far as keeping Olshey to fill out the bench to support CP3, he cluttered the team with guards. He filled out the bench with undersized bigs. Plus, he isn't doing a great job in Portland. He just used great picks other GM's gifted him. As far as getting FA's, he hasn't done a thing. He's having trouble keeping the old core together as it is.

We did a wonderful job so far. On paper, this is the best the Clippers have ever looked. It's more astounding when you think the GM slot is empty.


cleepers
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 10335

us.gif
votes: 138


Repped High Quality Post

ClipYourWings wrote:
john4clips89 wrote:
why cant guys be more positive?? No one on this forum should be complaining about anything. Two of the best off seasons in franchise history the last two years!

This has nothing to do with the fact that we do not have a front office.

cleepers wrote:
Yeah, Olshey literally tore it down and had it shipped to Portland. I guess Donald, Sacks, Roeser and Vinny are working from their cars in the Playa Vista parking lot. roll

A coach should never have a hand in handling the roster, especially one as incompetent as Del Negro. Does Dunleavy ring any bells? Roeser and Sacks are on Sterling's payroll, but they have zero managing credentials.

Again -- we don't have a front office.

Yeah, well you say tomato, Chris Paul says to-mah-to.

Some dude on a fan site says we have NO front office, one of the greatest pure point-guards in a generation says we have a GREAT front office.

Hmmm, let me see... who has the credibility?


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

YOU'RE the one who turned this into an Olshey debate.

You did not watch the f***** games last year if you dont think Chris Paul himself won 10-15 games. Mike and Ralph weren't kidding around when they talked about "Mr 4th quarter".

I mean, I cant say ANYTHING negative around here.

Answer me this, how were the clippers doing before chris paul came along?


clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 17481
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 135

MCMB wrote:
clipper*joe wrote:

We also had a deeper bench with CP3. We also went out and got players Billups recruited. Olshey's best solo move was Young. We had already agreed to keep Olshey but he went back on his word and left.

As far as keeping Olshey to fill out the bench to support CP3, he cluttered the team with guards. He filled out the bench with undersized bigs. Plus, he isn't doing a great job in Portland. He just used great picks other GM's gifted him. As far as getting FA's, he hasn't done a thing. He's having trouble keeping the old core together as it is.

We did a wonderful job so far. On paper, this is the best the Clippers have ever looked. It's more astounding when you think the GM slot is empty.

Yeah, context is everything. Now look at what I was addressing. I was addressing your comparison of both teams. This is your third time at twisting things.

Read your post I was addressing and maybe you'll find the context of my words.


Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4839

us.gif
votes: 11

There is no I in TEAM.


MCMB
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 229
votes: 3

If you dont think the team is deep, then dont call them deep.


Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4839

us.gif
votes: 11

Cant we all just get along?

Go see the new batman movie in Colorado..

I heard "It was to die for"

and literally "Blew the crowd away"

too soon???


mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 2662
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

FreaKeyy wrote:
MJSF wrote:
DJ and BG need to holla @ Hakeem.
yeah guys I was wondering since BG got injured, is he still gonna get lessons from Hakeem?

Maybe DJ can take his place Razz

This back and front banter with MCMB & clipper*joe is hilarious lol


Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!