Lakers have sucked this preseason!

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » NBA Basketball Talk
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clips15deep
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 344
votes: 1
 

They are 0-3, losing by large margins against bad teams that are injured as well. I could get used to this!

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 5990
votes: 10

Preseason games don't matter. This would be sweet if it was regular season but its not.

sfernald
Clipper Starter
Posts: 462
votes: 7

Wait until our preseason game with them and suddenly Kobe, Nash, Pau AND Dwight will be playing 40 minutes.

ArtClip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 286
votes: 4

And then watch them saying..."oh but it's not a rivalry" haha

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4510

us.gif
votes: 22

the win loss column is not a huge deal. what is important is how rookies and new additions do. we all know tthat howard is out due to the healing process. what bodes bad for them is that their back up center, jordan hill, is out. also kobe just got over foot and shoulder injuries, and even though these are minor something tells me his body wont be able to go an entire season like he used to be able to. also kobes shooting hasnt exactly been accurate. aside from metta world peace i dont see much that impresses me. now the lakers are going to be a playoff team, thats a given. however theres noone this preseason that impresses amd thats exposing how shallow that bench of theirs is. thats a huge problem because the season is 82 games long, and if their bench is not decent that team is in trouble. kobe is looking human, nash is old, howard and his back up are having back problems. so yeah its not looking good for them.

CP3Heliflopter
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 5990
votes: 10

pageC4 wrote:
clips15deep wrote:
They are 0-3, losing by large margins against bad teams that are injured as well. I could get used to this!
the win loss column is not a huge deal. what is important is how rookies and new additions do. we all know tthat howard is out due to the healing process. what bodes bad for them is that their back up center, jordan hill, is out. also kobe just got over foot and shoulder injuries, and even though these are minor something tells me his body wont be able to go an entire season like he used to be able to. also kobes shooting hasnt exactly been accurate. aside from metta world peace i dont see much that impresses me. now the lakers are going to be a playoff team, thats a given. however theres noone this preseason that impresses amd thats exposing how shallow that bench of theirs is. thats a huge problem because the season is 82 games long, and if their bench is not decent that team is in trouble. kobe is looking human, nash is old, howard and his back up are having back problems. so yeah its not looking good for them.

Yep they are just a team that looks great on paper like the 04 Lakers. The fact of the matter is Nash and Kobe can break down at any given moment and they have no insurance. Dwight is recovering from a fairly serious back injury and Gasol is on decline.

We have a lot more depth and insurance and our core is a lot younger.

lucas26
Clipper Starter
Posts: 324
votes: 0

They do suck. IMO, we are head and shoulders better than them.

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15862
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

It's just preseason. With that said, their starters in limited minutes do NOT look like a team that is gelling. Think about this:

Those are their regular season starters sans Howard. Nash as times looks lost out there when he looks like he has to give Kobe the ball. I said this from the start, Nash isn't the same player when he's played with a dominant center who plays down low. Nash is slowly going to become Fisher...Watch.

After watching them last night, they will have to rely on a very short rotation to be effective. This is going to get very interesting. All the pressure is on them, not us.

ArtClip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 286
votes: 4

Haha, never looked at Nash from that perspective, but yeah he will be their new Fisher.

clipper.scrappy
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 12
votes: 0

nash.. fisher.. all of my what

ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1821
votes: 12

Now, now, don't be like a Lakers fan. With this thread, this actually make you look like a not so smart of a person. It's a preseason. So what. Let it be.

A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper Starter
Posts: 712
votes: 5

Come on guys... It's preseason. Although it wour be funny If the Lakers starters end up playing 35-40 mins.

Clipperfn4lf
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1445
votes: 11

IN-DE-CI-SION my chant for wednesday for a certain someone

NardDog
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 45
votes: 3

You obviously don't know basketball or the NBA. Preseason doesn't mean anything. Vets take it easy, minutes are allocated towards potential bench warmers, and the games are passionless.

I'm guessing this is your first year watching the NBA huh? Well have fun, noob.

This is why I hate the casual basketball fan.

PleaseSellDTS
Posts: 236
votes: 2

^Easy there, when you have rooted for the Cubs of the NBA as long as I have, even preseason is something to talk about when your team appears to be good. You are correct, it means absolutely nothing. When the season starts the Lakers will bring it for real. And the battles between the Clipps and the Lakers will be epic this year.

NardDog
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 45
votes: 3

Agreed.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

idk about nash being their new fisher. however, i do see that happening on the defensive side of the ball. again they will be killed by speedy pg's. its only preseason, but their bench is the one getting killed. people are saying that their starters are going to play up to 40 minutes per game. at that rate, nash will not last the entire season and kobe's legs will be gone by game 70. i feel that will set up the lakers for failure. i agree, that the pressure is on them and not us.

NardDog
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 45
votes: 3

NardDog wrote:
clips15deep wrote:
They are 0-3, losing by large margins against bad teams that are injured as well. I could get used to this!

You obviously don't know basketball or the NBA. Preseason doesn't mean anything. Vets take it easy, minutes are allocated towards potential bench warmers, and the games are passionless.

I'm guessing this is your first year watching the NBA huh? GTFO you goon.

This is why I hate the casual basketball fan.

82-0
Posts: 1360
votes: 3

Preseason matters for teams like the Lakers who shook things up in a big way during the offseason. The fact that they've looked THIS bad and disorganized with Mike Brown trying everything he can does not bode well for the Lakers, and an overrated crybaby center with back problems won't cancel out their geriatric core and lack of depth any better than their previous overrated center with knee problems did.

NardDog
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 45
votes: 3

82-0 wrote:
CP3Heliflopter wrote:
Preseason games don't matter. This would be sweet if it was regular season but its not.

Preseason matters for teams like the Lakers who shook things up in a big way during the offseason. The fact that they've looked THIS bad and disorganized with Mike Brown trying everything he can does not bode well for the Lakers, and an overrated crybaby center with back problems won't cancel out their geriatric core and lack of depth any better than their previous overrated center with knee problems did.

No. Dude, have you even been watching the games stupid? We're playing a whole bunch of freaking 3rd stringers: Sacre, Goudelock, Morris? Maybe that's the reason why the Lakers are losing doofus. Honestly, can we please have some smarter fans up in ClipperNation?

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43


Repped High Quality Post

Every team plays their 3rd stringers in pre-season you F*cking idiot, for the Lakers sake you guys better hope DH12 and Nash can play 48 minutes a game or else you guys are F*CKED. I also love how you call Clipper fans stupid but you have yet to realize that 95% of all Laker fans know almost nothing about basketball and the other 5% that know something about basketball are completely irrational and truly believe they can trade Steve Blake straight up for Kyrie Irving.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

CapsNClips wrote:
Quote:

No. Dude, have you even been watching the games stupid? We're playing a whole bunch of freaking 3rd stringers: Sacre, Goudelock, Morris? Maybe that's the reason why the Lakers are losing doofus. Honestly, can we please have some smarter fans up in ClipperNation?

Every team plays their 3rd stringers in pre-season you F*cking idiot, for the Lakers sake you guys better hope DH12 and Nash can play 48 minutes a game or else you guys are F*CKED. I also love how you call Clipper fans stupid but you have yet to realize that 95% of all Laker fans know almost nothing about basketball and the other 5% that know something about basketball are completely irrational and truly believe they can trade Steve Blake straight up for Kyrie Irving.

wow capsnclips just owned narddog. repped.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

@narddog, unfortunately for the lakers sacre is their backup center now that hill is out. and jamison, meeks have been on the floor when they have gotten beaten down by the 2nd team of any of the teams they have faced. that does not bode well for the lakers.

NardDog
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 45
votes: 3

CapsNClips wrote:
Quote:

No. Dude, have you even been watching the games stupid? We're playing a whole bunch of freaking 3rd stringers: Sacre, Goudelock, Morris? Maybe that's the reason why the Lakers are losing doofus. Honestly, can we please have some smarter fans up in ClipperNation?

Every team plays their 3rd stringers in pre-season you F*cking idiot, for the Lakers sake you guys better hope DH12 and Nash can play 48 minutes a game or else you guys are F*CKED. I also love how you call Clipper fans stupid but you have yet to realize that 95% of all Laker fans know almost nothing about basketball and the other 5% that know something about basketball are completely irrational and truly believe they can trade Steve Blake straight up for Kyrie Irving.

Lol then why do you guys keep talking garbage about our preseason? It's quite evident that we suck in the preseason because of our 3rd stringers. You guys are wayyy over analyzing our preseason as if it were going to foreshadow our whole regular season. Also, my first post on this forum commended your team on the acquisition of Lamar Odom, so I'm far from the irrational Laker fan. I'm just sick and tired of you guys talking trash about the Lakers for sucking in the "preseason" as demonstrated by a post you guys currently have up. Lol, and 95% are irrational? I remember a Clipper fan here saying that the Clips should get D-Williams... lol. I like you guys and I like your bench, but you guys constantly talk bullshit about the Lakers... Just calm down.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

^ So basically in your mind you expect CLIPPER fans to watch a LAKER game and not say anything judgmental and pretend like bench players mean nothing and that the Lakers are going to still be a super team? Sir, if you haven't noticed, that is called being a Laker fan and by just a little effort on your part you could look around and notice that this is in fact a Clippers forum. "I'm just sick and tired of you guys talking trash about the Lakers for sucking in the preseason" like we haven't had years of torment from half-wit Laker fans telling us that our franchise is ****. Oh and i'm sending my respect points to your house as we speak for commending us about getting Odom, because everybody knows if you say one nice thing about us then you are off limits forever.

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11295
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

Hey guys, chill

clipperstown
CTB MVP X3
Posts: 11295
Location: Glendale, CA
am.gif
votes: 24

And NardDog, dude you're in a clipper forum. Don't expect anyone here to pat you on the back and tell you that everything's going to be all right with the Lakers. We as non lakers fans see how the lakers are getting beat.

Its other benches vs the lakers bench, same lakers bench that's going to start the season. With old starters and no bench, in my opinion it isn't going to turn out well for the lakers. (Or at least not as well as lakers fans are thinking it will be)

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8750

us.gif
votes: 108

^ Nice moderation, C-town.

And yes, Clippers fans have every right to comment on the lakers' reserves performances.

Having invested in talent and development... character, experience and roster depth, why wouldn't we question a team who is spending $30,000,000 more than us on a glut of former all-star ring-chasers.

lakers are fragile... my guess is that at least one of their "big 4" will be limited somehow at all times. That doesn't mean that they won't win a lot of games on talent alone... but a TEAM with 82 games together under their belts tends to fair better in the playoffs ('04 Pistons, '11 Mavericks, etc...).

I predict a Clippers/Heat finals by 2015... The NBA wants it.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

^ narddog, now there are reports saying the lakers will somehow acquire lebron james to replace kobe. lmao. yeah like if the heat wont want to keep lebron. that article was probably written by a laker fan who thinks that they will also get klove to replace gasol, rondo or kyrie irving to replace nash and kevin durant to replace artest. this is the type of thinking that the majority of laker fans have. thats why we laugh at them. because they actually believe that is a possibility.

usc_fight_on63
Posts: 4
votes: 0

^Typical lakers fans thinking they have a shot at LeBron. Next they'll want Kobe for Vlade Divac. shaq for nothing. Pau Gasol as a gift. Steve Nash for a bag of peanuts. Dwight for a glass knee head case. etc.... Oh snap!!! thats already happened. My bad. Poor clipper fans just don't understand the makings of a top sports franchise and probably never will. As far as Lakes playing bad in pre season. Do you really think the "Lakers bench, vs other bench" like someone said is really the bench that you will see in regular season. We have twenty guys now and usually only carry 14. And rarely, barring a blow out, have all bench players in at once. I hope you guys kick the crap out of us in Oct. That will make it sting worse when we crush you in Nov. when it counts and after we have gelled a little more. Fasten your seat belts for that freefall back to reality when you realize BG is one trick pony with glass knees. DJ will never be the center u hope for. Barnes, Turiaf.. been there done that. L.O. filed for divorce this week. He's done. Billups, Hill ... AARP bound. Butler always hurt, and....

Chris Paul will be LeBron and Dwights point guard on the Lakers in a couple years. Have an awesome day..

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

^ Did you take that statement straight out of the "how to be a Laker Fan for dummies" handbook? Thank you for making my day. HAHAHA I can almost see you're hatred in your face through what you said. Everything you said was so deeply un-intelligent that it's almost a hate crime to respond to you.

usc_fight_on63
Posts: 4
votes: 0

^Sorry, think I struck a nerve......might want to ice it up. 8)

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

HAHAHAH WHAT?!?!? are you serious? nah dude i'm busting up because you probably think you got us good and you're probably going to go tell your Laker homies that you destroyed some Clipper fans on a forum. HAHAHA nothing you said was remotly intimidating, true, or even relevant. If you are going to attempt to bash us atleast try and make some valid points. You definitly need a ton of practice.

usc_fight_on63
Posts: 4
votes: 0

Not trying to bash, nor intimidate. Have never posted on a Lakers forum. Sorry no "homie or homie mentality" here. Just had to drop my .02 in because I couldnt take the idiotic posts any more. So please enlighten me on the untrue parts. Read the other threads, "DJ must step up" "DJ Has to learn post moves" BG has to make f/t" and on and on. And these from your own members. Lets see, two knee injuries in what three years? Do I need to go down the list? I'll admit your bench looks awesome. But with usually a ten man rotation and around eight during playoffs that leaves you with a lot of irrelevant players. I'll start practicing up on my bashing now if you will promise to start accepting reality.

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3695

rp.gif
votes: 32

^Conceited Lakers fans like this are the Paris Hiltons of NBA fans.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

^ Ok i'll make a list

  1. They didn't get "shaq for nothing" unless you think $120 million is nothing and he was a restricted free-agent, they had no technique of getting him they just threw the most money at him.

  2. "steve nash for a bag of peanuts" i'm not sure if you're brain is the size of a peanut because the suns got the better deal.

  3. "Dwight for a glass knee head case" you're right it's so hard to trade a glass knee head case for a glass back headcase who are equally as good.

  4. "L.O. filed for divorce this week. He's done" Kobe raped a girl, cheated on his wife, got a divorce and still played his game. So you're logic makes zero sense.

  5. "Chris Paul will be LeBron and Dwights point guard on the Lakers in a couple years" If only you knew how the league and cap space works I wouldn't have to tell you that this is literally impossible you F*cking clown.

You do realize I pointed out 5 things you said that were complete bullsh*t in just 1 of your paragraphs. imagine if I kept the converstation going I could write a novel with your terrible "facts". It's been a pleasure buddy, have a nice day.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 8750

us.gif
votes: 108


Repped High Quality Post

Hey troll...

Nash for a bag of peanuts? more like a bag of PICKS... you know, those young cheap players everyone needs in order to develop or parlay them into quality vets. You mentioned Pau Gasol as a gift... most of the league would prefer his brother these days... didn't the lakers have him once? Those young players come in pretty handy when you have a $100,000,000 payroll that's about to swell to over $200,000,000 with the new taxes. Jimmy the idiot is gonna bankrupt the franchise.

Howard for Bynum? Bad back for bad knees... sounds like a push to me. Griffin's "glass" knees? How many games did Griffin miss last year? Dwight?

CP3 on the lakers in 2 years? He's signing a 5-year contract with somebody - likely us - on July 1st, so good luck with that. You should spend your time worrying about the new Dwightmare that's coming.

And LeBron is going to leave his championship team? The only thing you could trade for him would be Howard... not that Miami would want him. Florida already has the league MVP and an NBA champion... they already know Dwight is a joke compared to him. And I'm sure he'd love to play in a broken down starting lineup that can only manage 25 minutes a night with the legend Jordan Hill in the middle.

This joker... SMH.

82-0
Posts: 1360
votes: 3

Chris Paul will indeed be LeBron's point guard in LA in 2014... on the Clippers. Suck it, Lakers!

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

ohMEohMy! wrote:
usc_fight_on63 wrote:
^Typical lakers fans thinking they have a shot at LeBron. Next they'll want Kobe for Vlade Divac. shaq for nothing. Pau Gasol as a gift. Steve Nash for a bag of peanuts. Dwight for a glass knee head case. etc.... Oh snap!!! thats already happened. [...]

Chris Paul will be LeBron and Dwights point guard on the Lakers in a couple years. Have an awesome day..

^Conceited Lakers fans like this are the Paris Hiltons of NBA fans.

take it easy bro, paris hilton is offended by that remark lol. hahahaha. i dont think anyone wants to be compared to the moronic flaker fan base. ill laugh at this usc fight on dummy when howard leaves the flakers for dallas at the end of another failed flaker season of not getting out of the 2nd rd after getting bounced by a more athletic and younger team again.

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

speaking the truth as always cleepers. repped

bullterrierclipsfan1349
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4526

mx.gif
votes: 30

this moron is a joke. he must think hes playing 2k12 with the fair trade mode off. wake up and come back to real life fool. kobe and hill should be looking at disability benefits or social security, along with antawn jamison. oh and enjoy having the intimidating robert sacre as your backup center. lmao.

usc_fight_on63
Posts: 4
votes: 0

Put the playstation down,, do a Google search on "clippers roster". You'll see Grant Hill is the one ready for social security, Jordan Hill is a Laker, 25 y.o. and already back on the floor. So put your helmet on and go catch the little yellow school bus. Going to be funny when Donald T. does a Mark Cuban act and blows up the clipps. Look up his financial info, very interesting add that to non public info others have access to and I'd be very worried. At least CP3 won't have far to go to change locker rooms.

"....when howard leaves the flakers for dallas at the end of another failed flaker season.."

Yeah and he's going to leave 25 mill on the table and leave Hollywood and "his" team". You keep repeating that to yourself maybe someday it will come true.

Kind of like "the clippers are the best, the clippers are the best, the clippers are the best.......lmao nope doesn't work.

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

Dude, you are like a women in an abusive relationship, no matter how much you get beat you just keep coming back. Oh and I love how you say Dwight won't leave 25 mil on the table, but in your earlier post you say how CP3 will do that exact thing. And next time you wan't to attack someone don't take the F*cking P*ssy road and make fun of mentally handicap people just because you are flustered and don't have an actual comeback. I knew a special needs kid in high school who was a Laker fan and I guarantee you he was 4 times more knowledgable than you about basketball. I really hope you have at least some dignity to not reply to me and just leave with your tail tucked between your legs.

ClipperB23
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2116
votes: 19

^ Well said, CapsNClips!

Abalosmusic
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 77
votes: 0

Funny how Clips fans have a thread primarily on the Lakers lol.. Ne ways @usc. No point in responding to a Clipper thread, as this is their fan forum, to vent and talk shiit bout anyteam primarily their brother squad.. Let them talk and do their thing.. And do ur Laker fan thing.. Wutever u do. U cant convince a Clipper fanto bow down to a Laker fan. Esp on their forum.. Imo ur wasting ur time

Abalosmusic
Clipper Rookie
 Avatar
Posts: 77
votes: 0

lol then dont read into their forum.. Lol. We hav our own forum to talk shiit about other teams. If u get butthurt and tired, then no point in reading if it breaks u down emotionally, they talk shiit cuz its their forum.. Its not like they join ctb jus to talk bout how good the Lakers are or how they wish their team can b like ours. Wutdo u expect, every rival's team will talk shiit. And yes its a rivalry

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

Wrong!, i'd totally bow down to you if you told me who that chick is in your avatar.

ArtClip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 286
votes: 4

Can somebody just ban this USC guy already? I can be here all day debating basketball with a Laker fan if he or she had a rational point of view. But man, you really just like to talk without any kind of facts supporting your statements, and you keep contradicting yourself, just go to your forum, go talk trash about the Clippers with other Laker fans, that is what YOUR respective forum is.

Abalosmusic
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 77
votes: 0

Justene jaro

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3964

us.gif
votes: 43

Abalosmusic wrote:
Justene jaro

prayer

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Know what's funny?

→ David Stern to retire in 2014

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!