LAT: Odom Out Of Shape- Mo Williams Quote

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 15852
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-cli ... 3577.story

"They did right by me," Williams said about the Clippers. "They put me in a situation they thought was good for me."


For Odom, weight and poor conditioning are issues.

Del Negro said Odom's knees are bothering him and that playing the 6-10 forward against the Jazz probably would have set him back.

"He's got to work through some conditioning things and some health things right now, which he's doing," Del Negro said. "Yeah, I wish he was in a little bit better conditioning, and he wishes he was. But he's just got to continue to work every day and I'm sure he'll get there eventually."

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

Well this is one of those things, where you admire how the team, and the player handled things, so to make both parties happy with the result, unlike a certain team cough cough Magic cough cough!

ClipsGForce
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1819
votes: 12

Never have a chance to give thanks to Mo Williams for being very classy and not being a distraction last year when he was placed in second unit. It's not we don't think highly of him, it's just that there was a better option. Mo did not complain, whine, or being a cancer. He accept the role for the team and run with it. Thanks Mo for your class act.

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2545
Location: Lob Angeles™
calif.gif
votes: 7

good riddance mo!

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8745

us.gif
votes: 108

Nice of a vet to say that about the F.O.

Taking the time and effort to ship Mo out to an upcoming team where he can be the top banana and mentor some young guys was a classy move by the organization.

Him saying this just adds to the "new Clippers" perception around the league, along with desirable F.A.'s choosing to sign here.

Should only take a few more years and a couple of championships for the pathetic sports media to catch up to the current narrative among the people who actually matter!

hoopfanjd31
Clipper Starter
Posts: 724
votes: 3

^^^ Unfortunately, I think you're giving the "pathetic sports media" too much credit. I don't think some of those morons would even let a championship stop them from trotting out the "same old Clippers" BS anytime something goes even slightly wrong with the team.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7256
votes: 80

the only Mo that Lamar ever knew was Mo Hamburgers.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8770
votes: 20

we have a long road ahead of us but in time winning cures all.

Musician391
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 98
votes: 0

Mo is a stand up guy. I'm glad the Clippers had him for the time they did. I'll be rooting for him for the rest of his career (unless he ever becomes a Laker Very Happy ) Btw, love the new profile picture clipper*joe. Did you make that yourself?

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15852
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

Yes. I was going for the black velvet Elvis painting look. Very Happy

BG has that Elvis pose going on.

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4510

us.gif
votes: 22

clipper*joe wrote:
Musician391 wrote:
Mo is a stand up guy. I'm glad the Clippers had him for the time they did. I'll be rooting for him for the rest of his career (unless he ever becomes a Laker Very Happy ) Btw, love the new profile picture clipper*joe. Did you make that yourself?

Yes. I was going for the black velvet Elvis painting look. Very Happy

BG has that Elvis pose going on.

When are you going to make some t-shirts with that pic? Me and the wife want to buy some

clipper*joe
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15852
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 125

Thanks for the compliment. Just needed a change of avatar.

Here is the original work that is much bigger:

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 4510

us.gif
votes: 22

This year is the year thats going to happen Cleeps. Yesterday I was curious to see how good our bench is. I started using NBA.com's EFF rating and compared our bench against the lakers. Dude Barnes, Crawford, and Bledsoe's EFF was much higher than Gasols's or World Peaces'....three of our bench guys have higher EFF's than two of their starters, and our bench completely blows the lakers bench out of the water Cleeps.

I am extremely pumped up about this year. We already know that Griffin and Paul are 20 point a game type guys plus the rebounding and assists each of them brings is amazing. What we didnt know before the preseason is how good these new additions were gonna be, and they are exceeding expectations. Once Lamar gets in shape his contributions will put us over that edge, but if he doesnt pan out the rest of our bench will do fine without him...Im predicting finals this year

TheDude
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 2680

wz.gif
votes: 31

Totally agree.

This seriously might be the first time a former player has went out of his way to say the Clips FO did him right. Even recent departures, a guy like Kaman who was totally overpaid and was always supported in general by the fanbase, still have to talk sh!t to the press.

Mo was always a very good player, great attitude. Good man to say all that about the Clips.

CP3Best
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4917
votes: 12

Yeah great attitude, didn't whine like some btch when he was asked to come into the game unlike a certain someone cough cough K-Mart cough cough!

Clippersfan86
CTB MVP Champion
Posts: 15216
votes: 89

This feels like Baron Davis all over again. Being held out for swollen knees etc.. related to conditioning issues. Not happy at all so far.

sfernald
Clipper Starter
Posts: 462
votes: 7

Wow, don't miss out on that wonderful video interview by Blake in that article:

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/vi ... -72935596/

I loved the part where they asked Blake about the taunting foul and he said he and Mr. Milsap were just discussing how our summers went. Lol. He's getting better in the interviews too, more of his personality is coming out.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7256
votes: 80

clipper*joe wrote:
pageC4 wrote:

When are you going to make some t-shirts with that pic? Me and the wife want to buy some

Thanks for the compliment. Just needed a change of avatar.

Here is the original work that is much bigger:

the fonz would be proud

Grillinnap
Posts: 7377
Location: Laughing at irrational Laker morons
votes: 22

TheDude wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Nice of a vet to say that about the F.O.

Taking the time and effort to ship Mo out to an upcoming team where he can be the top banana and mentor some young guys was a classy move by the organization.

Him saying this just adds to the "new Clippers" perception around the league, along with desirable F.A.'s choosing to sign here.

Should only take a few more years and a couple of championships for the pathetic sports media to catch up to the current narrative among the people who actually matter!

Totally agree.

This seriously might be the first time a former player has went out of his way to say the Clips FO did him right. Even recent departures, a guy like Kaman who was totally overpaid and was always supported in general by the fanbase, still have to talk sh!t to the press.

Mo was always a very good player, great attitude. Good man to say all that about the Clips.

When did Kaman talk trash about the Clippers?

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4510

us.gif
votes: 22

He did kind of give off a negative tone right after he was in the New Orleans squad.

cleepers
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8745

us.gif
votes: 108

^ Here's a YahooSports article from back then...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=m ... nba_010412

I still don't like the way either of them talks about the organization. Kaman signed a max deal here... Gordon would have... this makes them both sound like grudge-bearing little bitches.

Our team is off better now.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7256
votes: 80

among other things, kaman was heckled by DTS and stabbed in the back by Olshey. he has every right to talk smack.

tense2
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 8770
votes: 20

Stabbed in the back by Olshey??....he got traded for christ sakes, lol. It's part of the game, like signing big contracts you never live up too.

Good riddance to Mr. Net Zero.

ekker3
CTB MVP X2
Posts: 7256
votes: 80

tense2 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
among other things, kaman was heckled by DTS and stabbed in the back by Olshey. he has every right to talk smack.

Stabbed in the back by Olshey??....he got traded for christ sakes, lol. It's part of the game, like signing big contracts you never live up too.

Good riddance to Mr. Net Zero.

i know its business, but telling someone they've got nothing to worry about, that they're safe, and not gonna be traded... then doing it the next week - that's low.

i mean, there's things like family and mortgages these guys have to worry about.

pageC4
CTB MVP X1
Posts: 4510

us.gif
votes: 22

Kaman had an opportunity to remain a clipper. His health was always a concern, and although he had talent his performacnes were very mercurial. As the owner of a team you have every right to fire a person if their performance isnt living up to the check.

Kaman knows that this is a business, and even the team he was traded to (New Orleans) didnt resign him...that tells you a little of how the clippers organization and even new orleans felt about him. Dallas acquired him but even they only signed him to a one year deal. I doubt they will offer him another ontract or big money. My guess is that he will be a career journey man with upside potential but clubs will not sign him to a huge contract anymore.

maljanNBAfan
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 13

us.gif
votes: 0

TheDude wrote:
cleepers wrote:
Nice of a vet to say that about the F.O.

Taking the time and effort to ship Mo out to an upcoming team where he can be the top banana and mentor some young guys was a classy move by the organization.

Him saying this just adds to the "new Clippers" perception around the league, along with desirable F.A.'s choosing to sign here.

Should only take a few more years and a couple of championships for the pathetic sports media to catch up to the current narrative among the people who actually matter!

Totally agree.

This seriously might be the first time a former player has went out of his way to say the Clips FO did him right. Even recent departures, a guy like Kaman who was totally overpaid and was always supported in general by the fanbase, still have to talk sh!t to the press.

Mo was always a very good player, great attitude. Good man to say all that about the Clips.

I couldn't agree more. Mo is a fine example of a respectable, TRUE athlete.

BringMcadooBackado
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 130
votes: 5

ekker3 wrote:
tense2 wrote:
ekker3 wrote:
among other things, kaman was heckled by DTS and stabbed in the back by Olshey. he has every right to talk smack.

Stabbed in the back by Olshey??....he got traded for christ sakes, lol. It's part of the game, like signing big contracts you never live up too.

Good riddance to Mr. Net Zero.

i know its business, but telling someone they've got nothing to worry about, that they're safe, and not gonna be traded... then doing it the next week - that's low.

i mean, there's things like family and mortgages these guys have to worry about.

Mortgages and families? Really? I might have some sympathy for his feelings, but when it comes to his checkbook, I have none.

If he's struggling to pay the rent after he gets traded to another team that continues to pay his guaranteed contract, then he needs to get a better accountant.

Anyway, I feel like I should weigh-in on Lamar to give my post at least a little bit of pertinence to the conversation.

I've been back-and-forth since we acquired him. At first, I was pissed that we would gamble on him, but after his first interviews, I figured that I'd give him a chance. Turns out my first inclination was right.

I understand that all of the trouble is happening during pre-season so it's not a big deal, but there is a problem. If he's getting back into cardio-shape, is he working on any of the skills that seemed to diminish last year? My guess is no. And while we can all hope that he'll magically turn back into the 6MotY after a year of playing horribly, I think that I'm going to have to side with Hollinger on this one and say that, no, he won't come close to recovering.

Oh yeah, and let's not compare him to Baron. I was definitely not a fan of his by the time he got shipped off, but you can't say that he ever played as bad as Lamar. Yeah, he was injury prone, got winded quick and would jack-up 3's when he got tired, but his game never sank to the level that Lamar's hit last year.

Odom might be skinny by opening night, but he'll still be about as mediocre as he was last year. Unfortunately, I'd be willing to put money on it.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic


← Your take on Jamal Crawford

→ Anyone trying to sell their tickets for Wed game!

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

register
You are an anonymous user- Register now!


Follow our Los Angeles Clippers RSS Feed, plus the Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!