Bledsoe & Butler Traded for Jared Dudley & JJ Redick

Clippers TopBuzz Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Poll
Do you like this Clipper trade of Eric Bledsoe & Caron Butler for Jared Dudley & JJ Redick?
Yes
62%
 62%  [43]
Meh
30%
 30%  [21]
No
7%
 7%  [5]
Total Votes : 69

Author Search This Topic:

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif
votes: 11

why would he sign with the bucks?

tense2
CTB MVP X2
votes: 20

$$$$$$ and they need a sg.

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
votes: 31

There are two. I've been saying this all along

Wayans + Dooling

lobcityhawaii
CTB MVP X1

us.gif
votes: 4

JaredDudley619: Time for a new Avi!!!! Can someone create me one in clippers gear wearing number 9?!!!!!

JaredDudley619: RT @RHurstDesigns : @JaredDudley619 Clippers jersey http://t.co/fwyvi7L5p5 (best one yet! Thanks..)

Dudley is so excited to be a Clipper!

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
calif.gif
votes: 7

Clippers_FTW wrote:
why would he sign with the bucks?

CapsNClips
CTB MVP X1

us.gif
votes: 44

Damn, now the CTB banner is useless since we don't have Caron and Bled anymore. Sucks, because I like it a lot.

Akclipps
Clipper Starter
votes: 6

i was kinda sad about letting go bledsoe and caron but if u think about it.. Bledsoe and Caron always wants to dribble the ball, sometimes there so open on the three point line but they still drive it iinside n it only cloggs up the paint. Having reddick and dudley will create more space and they're going to be so open when cp3 is commanding docs system. we never had players who is deadly on shooting 3's and can move without the ball.

we need role players like this who understand their role and not trying to do too much ending up with forced shot like chauncey

Agent0
CTB MVP X1
votes: 38

It's okay, who's your second favourite free agent, maybe the Clippers will get hI'm

jarca
CTB MVP X2

rp.gif
votes: 35

Reddick wasn't the first option in Orlando and certainly not with the buck. When did reddick have to carry a team?

Anyway I think the real price of the trade is Dudley

mj_shoefanatic
CTB MVP X1
calif.gif

Waiting for the Redick/Dudley placement tbh wink

ClipShowRidin84-Present
votes: 0

Clips should have forced the suns to throw in kendall marshall with dudley

pageC4
CTB MVP X1

us.gif
votes: 24

favourite? By chance would you be british? The brits spelling of certain words is very different like colour vs. color.

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
votes: 29

One of Redick's greatest plays Very Happy

TheBlakeShow
Clipper 6th Man
votes: 1

Now imagine this starting line up except with a center in the joakim noah status :0

Akclipps
Clipper Starter

Lmao jj reddick ran over joey crawford. Lol that bitch. He needs to keep doing to that stupid ref.

LuvMeSumMEE
Clipper Starter

aq.gif
votes: 5

It was awesome having Butler on the team, but it's ALWAYS cool for a homer like me to have a SoCal guy like Dudley on the roster. Blake better nut up pretty quick here or he's gonna get his ass whooped at practice when the cameras aren't rolling.

Amnesty_David_Stern
Clipper All-Star

Wonder if these guys are excited or not. Were not a team like the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks or 76ers who have a history that is prestigious and goes back farther than the Bulls who really made their mark in the late 80's and 90's. What I am getting at is, those teams I listed have fans across the United States, and even if they are stinky these teams have kids growing up dying to play for them, just to feel what it's like to put on the green and white, purple and gold etc etc. and walk out onto the home court and represent the team you wanted to play for, for so long.

Clippers have pretty much been crap, forever. I really wonder if when Blake got drafted if he really thought this team was going places, or if he'd just be the centerpiece the team would build around while they struggled and he would just play here until he could leave. How about CP3, wonder if when he was drafted and during his tenure in New Orleans that he'd actually WANT to get traded to the Clippers and then sign a 5 year 100 million dollar contract. How about Dudley and Redick, they've been around only a short period of time, but long enough to see how bad this team can be. Wonder if they thought, during the prime of their careers they'd be traded to the Clippers who were a good/great team who are tied for 3rd to win the entire thing next year?

Pretty crazy when you think about it. For decades people hated it here, dreaded the owner and the poor records, waiting for their chance to leave. Now guys take pay cuts to come here and want to be a part of the show, and hopefully something special. I'm proud to say I am a Clipper fan, always have been. But I am most excited for the time that is now, I really think this time right now will be the golden age of being a Clipper fan, at least for the next 10 years.

LeftHook
Clipper Starter
rp.gif

I know for sure Jared Dudley is excited. He's tweeted and done so much Clippers related stuff within the 24 hours he's been traded.

Agent0
CTB MVP X1

They both seem like they love it. Redick chose to come here since it was a sign and trade, so he obviously would have to be excited.

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2

The substitute talking heads on First Take were talking about our moves. One guy thinks we aren't going to be any better than last year and cited the fact we don't have a 3rd member of a Big 3...

...but I think that's only important if you don't have good enough role players around you. If you have a Big 2, but consistent role players around them, do you really need a Big 3? Besides, does Chris Bosh REALLY qualify as a member of his team's Big 3? Dude averaged 12.1 pts and 7.3 rebounds. Jamal Crawford averaged better than that for us. And it's entirely possible Redick will also.

JahvonTheClip
CTB MVP X1

Their so dumb! The spurs don't have a big 3 anymore and neither do the THunder, yet they have high expectations correct!? I need to get one of these jobs and start actually speaking like I have some sense!

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2

That same dude said Ibaka was OKC's 3rd guy. lol

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

2nd favorite huh... hmm.... They would have to fill a need. I'm not sold on Reddick.. but thats because I haven't really seen him play. He may end up being good.. idk... After Mayo I really didn't care... I knew we couldnt get Iggy.. so...

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

ehhhhh I'm fine with just Blake and Paul

ohMEohMy!
CTB MVP X1

rp.gif
votes: 32

What is so great about Blake and CP3 is that they both relish the opportunity to start something great with this franchise, despite all of its poor history. They are pioneers, savvy investors, and willing leaders.

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2
I like Tim Legler's take on this trade. He was on Coach and Company's podcast and called this a "landslide" victory for the Clippers. He's been kind of a fan of the team and even thought we'd make the WCF this year before we went out in the first round. But he cited the fact that 4 out of the NBA's 6 best 3 point shooting teams made it past the first round this year. And 2 of those made the Finals. He also says that Doc understands how a team fits together like a puzzle and need "complimentary" players.....

Please log in to view the entire post.

Agent0
CTB MVP X1

"Big three" has become the new overrated thing in the NBA. What is important is having player that fit. For example, Dorell Wright is a better player for Memphis because of his shooting, high 3PT volume and decent defense than having a "big three" that includes Rudy Gay.

If you have two quality players, unless the third guy is a good fit or just really high impact, it is better to surround your team with quality guys that fit around each other and compliment each other.

Voyeur, that's the good thing about Redick, he's a smart, funds mantel defender, so he won't make big plays on defense, he won't shut anyone down, but he'll stay in front of his man, force him the right way, he'll make the right rotations, he fights around screens, he stays low, etc. What he will struggle with is effectively contesting shots, and he won't have the athletic ability to do things like double down and then effectively get back out to the shooter on a consistent basis.

Offensively he will give this team a lot of movement. Doc will use him in a lot of down screens and he will draw attention and get the screening bigs baskets on dump downs, and keep some defensive focus so when Paul is going to work, the defenses eyes aren't all on him.

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2

^

Sounds perfectly reasonable. I can't wait to see how these guys come together.

DeanWormer
Clipper D-League Pickup
votes: 0

I loved watching EB, but I always wondered how much of his success came from CP3 wearing out the defense prior to EB coming into the game. And Caron disappeared so badly in the playoffs, it was time to upgrade his position. I guess I'll know how much CP3 had to do with EB's success about 50 games into next season. I'm down with the trade. Is it November yet??

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

Went to the sun's forum and heard a lot of interesting things... both bad and good about Bledsoe. Appears to be 50/50 about the trade.. some like it. some don't.

AirGriffin
Clipper Starter
votes: 4

That's because Bledsoe is overrated to an extent. His overall game is far from even being solid. When he becomes a main option for scoring and is seeing more minutes, his efficiency will decrease and his deficiencies will show even more. Bledsoe is a good player for being a back up to a point guard like CP, but he has a lot of work to do. Just my opinion on how I feel about Bledsoe.

After all, if he was so great, trust me the Clips would have tried to keep him as backup point or play at 2 some what.

We just got a lot better with Redick and Dudley. Better shooters and floor spacing. With Doc system and setting screens for players, Dudley and Redick better suit the roster with their ability to make shots from distance. Green, Butler, Barnes, and Bledsoe are all far too inconsistent from the 3 and mid range. Especially Barnes and Bledsoe. And Butler was getting old, best time to shop him. He wasn't the same player. Having 0 points and 5 points in 2 games against he Grizzly in the playoffs when it matters most was unacceptable and pathetic.

Akclipps
Clipper Starter

We don't need no big three. Chicago bulls won 6 titles with having just 2 superstars. The rest are just role players that really fit in the team. We had bledsoe caron jamal chauncey and odom who only produce if they're dribbling the ball and thats One of the reason why we had so many iso's last year because evryone wants the ball.second is vinny's lacking of a system

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

Bulls also had the best player of all time.. that kinda helped Wink plus its a different game.... C'mon bro.. that was the 90's.

"Big 3" is obviously working for the "HEAT", 1 finals appearance and 2 championships in last 3 years??? Its really a big 2 if you ask me though... which is what Jordan and the bulls had. If only DJ can turn into a taller more athletic Dennis Rodman Smile

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

I became a Clipper fan when Jordan left the Bulls...

Akclipps
Clipper Starter

What i was saying was it doesn't matter if you have 3or 5superstars on your team. If ur players doesn't know their role or they don't fit your not going to win any championship. Just look at the lakers when they had shaq kobe mailman and gp. Looks good on paper but didn't win a championship

Agent0
CTB MVP X1

What's truly working for the Heat is having Lebron James, the league's best player.

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

I can dig it

Agent0
CTB MVP X1

Wink is there a good team that wouldn't be a top contender with Lebron?

toohipcliptoslip
CTB MVP X1
votes: 31

The Clippers the year after our playoff run with Magettee etc.

pageC4
CTB MVP X1

us.gif
votes: 24

exactly. Even the lalers with pau and kobe lost in their first year together, so did miami.

jarca
CTB MVP X2

rp.gif

Marco Bellinelli just signed with the spurs for 2 yrs for 6 mil. I would much rather have him than reddick. Then trade Bledsoe for danny granger

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2

Why Belinelli over Redick?

jarca
CTB MVP X2

rp.gif

Cheaper. We can save ebled n butler for a legit sf. I just don't think that Dudley and reddick are the two missing pieces for us to win a title.

jarca
CTB MVP X2

rp.gif

Oh and belinelli has proven that he can play rough defense under a defensive coach in thibs

Voyeur
CTB MVP X2

I'll give it to you on the cheaper part, everything else....

clipperboy24
CTB MVP X1
votes: 37

I hate the lakers but they actually played really well that year and if Malone didn't get injured they most likely woulda won the title that year. Malone was helping keep Payton under control not just contributing on the court

Akclipps
Clipper Starter

but clearly they didn't cuz having too many superstars in one team are overrated. GP was always trying to do too much.. kobe and shaq already have beef at that time. theres no way they couldve beat the piston team who r well balanced team at that time. I think Clippers can beat the heat without having a "big three" or even win a championship just having the right players who know their role that fits well in the team, willing to play as a team and not trying to do too much

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

I would have liked to pick up IGGY... Chris Paul, Iggy, Blake Griffin... now "THATS" a big 3.

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

But... its all about making it work.. with shooters on the wings now Blake and Chris have more room to do things... Its going to work out and I'm feeling better and better about it.. Just wish Dudley was the athlete that Iggy is.

Clippers_FTW
CTB MVP X1

us.gif

PS.. my favorite Clippers was #1 Blake Griffin #2 Eric Bledsoe then #3 Chris Paul... now that Paul is signed long term I can buy his jersey

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

← Was There a No Headband Rule Last Year?

→ Clippers Meeting with Carl Landry Tonight.